View Poll Results: Who is your favourite 616 Marvel LGBT character?

Voters
891. You may not vote on this poll
  • ANOLE [Victor Borkowski]

30 3.37%
  • BLING! [Roxanne ‘Roxy’ Washington]

12 1.35%
  • CULLEN BLOODSTONE

21 2.36%
  • DAKEN AKIHIRO

47 5.27%
  • HULKLING [Theodore ‘Teddy’ Altman]

49 5.50%
  • KARMA [Xi’an Coy Mahn]

49 5.50%
  • KAROLINA DEAN

47 5.27%
  • LOKI LAUFEYSON, God of Mischief

78 8.75%
  • MOONDRAGON [Heather Douglas]

46 5.16%
  • MYSTIQUE [Raven Darkholme]

134 15.04%
  • NORTHSTAR [Jean-Paul Beaubier]

69 7.74%
  • PRODIGY [David Alleyne]

26 2.92%
  • RICTOR [Julio Esteban Ricter]

47 5.27%
  • SHATTERSTAR [Gaveedra-7]

51 5.72%
  • WICCAN [William ‘Billy’ Kaplan], the Demiurge

185 20.76%
Page 1054 of 1132 FirstFirst ... 545549541004104410501051105210531054105510561057105810641104 ... LastLast
Results 15,796 to 15,810 of 16973

Quote Originally Posted by Silvermoth View Post
    Cute! I would definitely buy a voices of pride. I wonder which creatives they’ll get?
    Great question.

For artists, I'd love to see: Olivier Coipel, Luciano Vecchio, Colleen Coover, Kevin Wada, Russell Dauterman, Phil Jimenez and Tamra Bonvillain. (I'd also love to see Joe Phillips, but I don't think he's done any mainstream comics work in many years.)

For writers, how about: Kieron Gillen, Anthony Oliveira, Marguerite Bennett, Vita Ayala, Leah Williams, Magdalene Visaggio, Mariko Tamaki, Roxane Gay, Steve Orlando, Kate Leth and Devin Grayson. (I'd also love to see Sina Grace writing for Marvel again, but I highly doubt that's going to happen any time soon.)

I'm sure I'm forgetting a lot of people. What other LGBTQ+ creators have worked for Marvel?

And what about LGBTQ+ creators who have never worked for Marvel? Rachel Pollack, Sophie Campbell and Tee Franklin would be at the top of my list.

Astonishing Member

The Week In Gay:

America Chavez: Made In The USA #1 of 5 - First issue of a new solo mini for Chavez. Her girlfriend Alloy makes an appearance as well.

Gwenom Vs Carnage #3 of 3 - the bisexual MJ of Ghost Spider's world is Carnage in this story

King In Black: Wiccan & Hulkling - fun one-shot of Billy and Teddy's honeymoon getting interrupted by symbiote invasion

Power Pack #4 of 5

Runaways #34 - Nico and Pixie team up

Pretty good week for LGBT content this week, with America's new mini and Billy and Teddy getting their own "excellent adventure".

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    The Week In Gay:

America Chavez: Made In The USA #1 of 5 - First issue of a new solo mini for Chavez. Her girlfriend Alloy makes an appearance as well.

Gwenom Vs Carnage #3 of 3 - the bisexual MJ of Ghost Spider's world is Carnage in this story

King In Black: Wiccan & Hulkling - fun one-shot of Billy and Teddy's honeymoon getting interrupted by symbiote invasion

Power Pack #4 of 5

Runaways #34 - Nico and Pixie team up

Pretty good week for LGBT content this week, with America's new mini and Billy and Teddy getting their own "excellent adventure".
    Forgot to mention the King In Black Handbook came out and includes a profile for Victoria Montesi.

Quote Originally Posted by Abaris View Post
    Great question.

For artists, I'd love to see: Olivier Coipel, Luciano Vecchio, Colleen Coover, Kevin Wada, Russell Dauterman, Phil Jimenez and Tamra Bonvillain. (I'd also love to see Joe Phillips, but I don't think he's done any mainstream comics work in many years.)

For writers, how about: Kieron Gillen, Anthony Oliveira, Marguerite Bennett, Vita Ayala, Leah Williams, Magdalene Visaggio, Mariko Tamaki, Roxane Gay, Steve Orlando, Kate Leth and Devin Grayson. (I'd also love to see Sina Grace writing for Marvel again, but I highly doubt that's going to happen any time soon.)

I'm sure I'm forgetting a lot of people. What other LGBTQ+ creators have worked for Marvel?
    Nick Robles for art, Paul Allor for writing. It'd be nice to see Jim McCann back too.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Abaris View Post

And what about LGBTQ+ creators who have never worked for Marvel? Rachel Pollack, Sophie Campbell and Tee Franklin would be at the top of my list.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    Nick Robles for art, Paul Allor for writing. It'd be nice to see Jim McCann back too.
    I was going to mention Jim McCann too.

Christopher Cantwell recently came out as bisexual.

Allan Heinberg and Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa may be too busy with their various other projects. Chris Cooper hasn't been an active comics writer in a long time, but he got some public spotlight after that racist incident last year, so it would be cool if they invited him to contribute something.

On the artist side of things, Stephen Sadowski is known more for his DC work but he did do a few issue of AVENGERS during Geoff Johns' run on the book. Kris Anka. Derek Charm. Jacopo Camagni.

I was going to mention Jim McCann too.

Christopher Cantwell recently came out as bisexual.

Allan Heinberg and Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa may be too busy with their various other projects. Chris Cooper hasn't been an active comics writer in a long time, but he got some public spotlight after that racist incident last year, so it would be cool if they invited him to contribute something.

On the artist side of things, Stephen Sadowski is known more for his DC work but he did do a few issue of AVENGERS during Geoff Johns' run on the book. Kris Anka. Derek Charm. Jacopo Camagni.
    I love this growing list. Add Scott Forbes to the art side. He did a bunch of Ice Man covers that were great!

Astonishing Member MasterOfMagnetism's Avatar

A new t-shirt for the Eternals shows Phastos firing an arm-cannon weapon. https://twitter.com/cosmic_marvel/st...10115331391492

Honestly seeing this gives me some hope that Phastos will be more interesting in the movie and involved in more action scenes than I thought.

Eternals T-Shirt.jpg

Chris Cooper hasn't been an active comics writer in a long time, but he got some public spotlight after that racist incident last year, so it would be cool if they invited him to contribute something.
    Yes! I love Christian Cooper! He recently wrote a great little one-shot for DC inspired by that horrible incident in Central Park. It was drawn by the amazing Alitha Martinez and can be downloaded for free on Comixology. More info here:
    https://www.openculture.com/2020/09/...ee-online.html

And a few years ago (using the name C.F. Cooper) he wrote a beautiful, poetic, cosmic fantasy/mythology novel featuring numerous queer characters/gods: https://www.goodreads.com/en/book/sh...the-metamythos

I've recommended this book to so many people. It would be great to see him back at Marvel writing something similar!

More LGBT happenings in Strange Academy.

Nothing new from Alvi since that hint one time. Jury is still out on him. But Zoe was outed as having a crush on Dessy, which Dessy said she was "more than fine with", so that's something more concrete.

Next issue is about Asguard, so I'm hoping it's more about Alvi. Maybe they'll circle back to what he said next month.

Marvel Voices: Pride is happening after all.

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...nkId=113280827

Some of the highlights for me: Mystique and Destiny are part of it, Daken's on it being written by Steve Orlando, and Heinberg back to write Billy and Teddy!!!!

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Stay tuned for announcements on the other ways Marvel Comics will be spotlighting LGBTQ+ heroes during Pride Month
    Well, that's cool. Looks like there are more announcements other than this one-shot. And HOPEFULLY those announcements will include actual mini and ongoing series for queer characters. DC made a point to say they will be doing more for queer representation beyond June, and Marvel should commit to the same.

Allan and Jim writing Wickling again, fuck yeah! No shade to other writers, but I'm glad they went with this instead of the same people who've been writing them for the past few years, just because we rarely ever get to see Allan and Jim working together again, so it's always a breath of fresh air to see their take on their creation after all those years. We didn't get nearly enough of it on Marvel Comics #1000, so hopefully they'll be getting more than just one page this time around. Also, I love how the article highlighted the Wickling story separately from the other characters they mention, like... damn, that's how important Billy and Teddy have become when it comes to queer representation for Marvel, huh? I love that for them.

My only complaint is that I think the cover should've included more characters, but I guess that's what variants are for.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 03-12-2021 at 12:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    Well, that's cool. Looks like there are more announcements other than this one-shot. And HOPEFULLY those announcements will include actual mini and ongoing series for queer characters. DC made a point to say they will be doing more for queer representation beyond June, and Marvel should commit to the same.

Allan and Jim writing Wickling again, fuck yeah! No shade to other writers, but I'm glad they went with this instead of the same people who've been writing them for the past few years, just because we rarely ever get to see Allan and Jim working together again, so it's always a breath of fresh air to see their take on their creation after all those years. We didn't get nearly enough of it on Marvel Comics #1000, so hopefully they'll be getting more than just one page this time around. Also, I love how the article highlighted the Wickling story separately from the other characters they mention, like... damn, that's how important Billy and Teddy have become when it comes to queer representation for Marvel, huh? I love that for them.

My only complaint is that I think the cover should've included more characters, but I guess that's what variants are for.
    Yeah, I also thought the cover choice was a bit weird. Maybe that'll turn out to be a variant, idk. But I guess it's cool that characters like Daken, Angela and Julie Power that aren't necessarily Marvel's "A-List gays" get to be on the spotlight. I think Billy and Teddy are being highlighted mostly because of Allan and Cheung doing their story, but either way it's indeed cool.

Incredible Member

I'm sad that Tommy will probably be ignored again, Billy is my favorite, but it's always Billy,

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas 35 View Post
    I'm sad that Tommy will probably be ignored again, Billy is my favorite, but it's always Billy,
    When you're literal Gay Royalty that's what happens.