View Poll Results: Who is your favourite 616 Marvel LGBT character?

Voters
793. You may not vote on this poll
  • ANOLE [Victor Borkowski]

    28 3.53%
  • BLING! [Roxanne ‘Roxy’ Washington]

    12 1.51%
  • CULLEN BLOODSTONE

    20 2.52%
  • DAKEN AKIHIRO

    44 5.55%
  • HULKLING [Theodore ‘Teddy’ Altman]

    44 5.55%
  • KARMA [Xi’an Coy Mahn]

    43 5.42%
  • KAROLINA DEAN

    43 5.42%
  • LOKI LAUFEYSON, God of Mischief

    69 8.70%
  • MOONDRAGON [Heather Douglas]

    39 4.92%
  • MYSTIQUE [Raven Darkholme]

    118 14.88%
  • NORTHSTAR [Jean-Paul Beaubier]

    61 7.69%
  • PRODIGY [David Alleyne]

    24 3.03%
  • RICTOR [Julio Esteban Ricter]

    40 5.04%
  • SHATTERSTAR [Gaveedra-7]

    48 6.05%
  • WICCAN [William ‘Billy’ Kaplan], the Demiurge

    160 20.18%
Page 1032 of 1033 FirstFirst ... 325329329821022102810291030103110321033 LastLast
Results 15,466 to 15,480 of 15482
  1. #15466
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,187

    Default

    The Week In Gay:

    Maestro #2 of 5 - Hercules (of the alternate/possible future of the Maestro) is involved in the story

    X Of Swords: Creation - Part 1 of the big 22 part X-Men crossover. Rictor, Mystique and Kate Pryde all make appearances. There is another moment hinting at something going on between Rictor and Apocalypse, but it remains undefined at this point.

    Wow, that was a surprisingly light week -- especially after the steady stream of LGBT content we got during EMPYRE. Ah well.

  2. #15467
    Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    3,319

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfMagnetism View Post
    There's a casting call out for Frenchie in Moon Knight.
    https://thedirect.com/article/moon-k...show-exclusive

    While it's not yet confirmed who these two characters are, our sources tell us that one character the studio is casting for is Jean-Paul DuChamp (aka "Frenchie"), the best friend of Marc Spector.
    20-40 (years old), White male. A stereotypical good looking, overly enthusiastic, less intelligent than average but still lovable. Actor must be fluent in French.
    Being fluent in french seems a like a dead giveaway that it's Frenchie indeed. I'm really happy they're using him! French-canadian actor François Arnaud came out as bi just recently. I could see him in the role.

    Anyway, my hope for Frenchie in this MK show is that they actually flesh out his feelings for Marc. We found out he was in love with Marc in the comics just with a throwaway line, since it was basically a later reveal years after the character was introduced. But since they are going to introduce Frenchie in the show with the established knowledge he is gay, I hope we actually see those feelings playing a part in the story. And I would love if Marc was bi and returned his feelings too, much like the Runaways show did by making Nico return Karolina's feelings instead of rejecting her like in the early Runaways comics.

    Now that I think about it, they should do it with Zoe/Nakia on the Ms. Marvel shows as well. No more unrequited love for straight people; let's make 'em bi!

  3. #15468
    Astonishing Member MasterOfMagnetism's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    2,297

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    "Less intelligent than average"? That's a defining characteristic of the character that they are looking for in the casting call? Odd.
    I'm pretty sure "stereotypical good looking, overly enthusiastic, less intelligent than average but still lovable" is the diplomatic way of saying "himbo", lol.

    Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    Being fluent in french seems a like a dead giveaway that it's Frenchie indeed. I'm really happy they're using him! French-canadian actor François Arnaud came out as bi just recently. I could see him in the role.

    Anyway, my hope for Frenchie in this MK show is that they actually flesh out his feelings for Marc. We found out he was in love with Marc in the comics just with a throwaway line, since it was basically a later reveal years after the character was introduced. But since they are going to introduce Frenchie in the show with the established knowledge he is gay, I hope we actually see those feelings playing a part in the story. And I would love if Marc was bi and returned his feelings too, much like the Runaways show did by making Nico return Karolina's feelings instead of rejecting her like in the early Runaways comics.

    Now that I think about it, they should do it with Zoe/Nakia on the Ms. Marvel shows as well. No more unrequited love for straight people; let's make 'em bi!
    I have also thought about Marc being gay or bi but I can't help but think that that could potentially be really problematic because of Marc's multiple personalities. Like imagine if he was straight but one of his other personalities is gay or something like that, it would really be a mess. Plus I just doubt that they'll let a lead character be gay/bi, it's most likely that LGBT characters will only be part of an ensemble/team like Phastos in Eternals, Valkyrie in Thor: Love & Thunder, and Wiccan & Hulkling in Young Avengers.

    Now that being said, a lot of people (myself included) would like Oliver Jackson-Cohen to play Marc and Oliver is heavily rumoured to be gay or bisexual. So that would be interesting if he did end-up getting cast, especially considering that Marvel seems to be looking to cast gay actors as gay characters (which I love). I hope they get a gay actor to play Frenchie, although personally I think it's more important to get openly gay actors to play more prominent gay characters like Wiccan and Hulkling than lesser-know and less prominent characters like Frenchie.

    Side Note: It's gonna' be awkward if they eventually include Northstar in a future project and Northstar, the actual first gay superhero in history, ends-up being just the second gay guy in the MCU named Jean-Paul.
    Last edited by MasterOfMagnetism; 09-24-2020 at 10:51 PM.

  4. #15469
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    2,494

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    Being fluent in french seems a like a dead giveaway that it's Frenchie indeed. I'm really happy they're using him! French-canadian actor François Arnaud came out as bi just recently. I could see him in the role.

    Anyway, my hope for Frenchie in this MK show is that they actually flesh out his feelings for Marc. We found out he was in love with Marc in the comics just with a throwaway line, since it was basically a later reveal years after the character was introduced. But since they are going to introduce Frenchie in the show with the established knowledge he is gay, I hope we actually see those feelings playing a part in the story. And I would love if Marc was bi and returned his feelings too, much like the Runaways show did by making Nico return Karolina's feelings instead of rejecting her like in the early Runaways comics.

    Now that I think about it, they should do it with Zoe/Nakia on the Ms. Marvel shows as well. No more unrequited love for straight people; let's make 'em bi!
    I wondered that too. Would they simplify the supporting cast of Ms Marvel and make Nakia queer along with Zoe. It’s not like Nakia has another straight love interest.
    Last edited by Will Evans; 09-25-2020 at 12:24 PM.

  5. #15470
    Ultimate Member Wiccan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    11,578

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    Being fluent in french seems a like a dead giveaway that it's Frenchie indeed. I'm really happy they're using him! French-canadian actor François Arnaud came out as bi just recently. I could see him in the role.

    Anyway, my hope for Frenchie in this MK show is that they actually flesh out his feelings for Marc. We found out he was in love with Marc in the comics just with a throwaway line, since it was basically a later reveal years after the character was introduced. But since they are going to introduce Frenchie in the show with the established knowledge he is gay, I hope we actually see those feelings playing a part in the story. And I would love if Marc was bi and returned his feelings too, much like the Runaways show did by making Nico return Karolina's feelings instead of rejecting her like in the early Runaways comics.

    Now that I think about it, they should do it with Zoe/Nakia on the Ms. Marvel shows as well. No more unrequited love for straight people; let's make 'em bi!
    I think there's no way in hell Marvel would make the lead of a solo franchise queer lol. They are just starting to include them in teams and other supporting roles.

    I guess Zoe/Nakia would have more chances. But I wonder if it wouldn't be very controversial.

  6. #15471
    Fantastic Member Magnito's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    494

    Default

    In this week's issue of Strange Academy, they sort of implied that Alvi, one of the Asgardian brothers, might be gay.

    Some guys were beating up his friend, Calvin. When he goes to defend him, they call the two boyfriends. Alvi's response is that he doesn't understand why that's an insult and that Calvin isn't his type of man.

    It could be something.

  7. #15472
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    511

    Default

    5594f070-7618-4ad9-b9e9-8de177f73c31.jpg

    So apparently Franklin got his right ear peirced, is Slott hinting at something?

    Usually I ship him with Katie Power but he is probably about 5 years older then her.

  8. #15473
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    2,494

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Magmaster12 View Post
    5594f070-7618-4ad9-b9e9-8de177f73c31.jpg

    So apparently Franklin got his right ear peirced, is Slott hinting at something?

    Usually I ship him with Katie Power but he is probably about 5 years older then her.
    I’ve been told by young people that the whole “ear ring in which ear” doesn’t mean anything now as opposed to 20 or 30 tears ago.

    Not sure if true:

  9. #15474
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,187

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    I’ve been told by young people that the whole “ear ring in which ear” doesn’t mean anything now as opposed to 20 or 30 tears ago.

    Not sure if true:
    A lot of that sort of coding has fallen by the wayside over the years, just as the hanky code before it did.

    Although its possible Slott may out Franklin as gay or bi, I wouldn't make any assumptions just based on the earring. Franklin commented in the story that it was something that a lot of the mutants on Krakoa were doing, so it seems to be more of a "mutant pride" than a "gay pride" symbol on his part.

  10. #15475
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,187

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Magnito View Post
    In this week's issue of Strange Academy, they sort of implied that Alvi, one of the Asgardian brothers, might be gay.

    Some guys were beating up his friend, Calvin. When he goes to defend him, they call the two boyfriends. Alvi's response is that he doesn't understand why that's an insult and that Calvin isn't his type of man.

    It could be something.
    Interesting! With that many new teen characters in a book I figured it was just a matter of time before at least one got outed as LGBT. Thanks for letting us know.

  11. #15476
    Extraordinary Member BroHomo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,502

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    something a lot of the mutants on Krakoa were doing, so it seems to be more of a "mutant pride" than a "gay pride" symbol on his part.
    Yeah all the gay ones lol
    GrindrStone(D)

  12. #15477
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,187

    Default

    The Week In Gay:

    Fantastic Four #24 - Iceman guest stars and we get flashbacks to the untold story of teenage Iceman's stint as a fill-in FF member. With this issue cementing the fact that Bobby is considered part of the family, and with Franklin now spending time on Krakoa, this may set up future Iceman guest appearances down the road.

    Marvel Zombies: Resurrection #2 - we see some alternate universe versions of a few LGBT characters like Northstar and Viv

    Strange Academy #3 - Alvi has been implied to be LGBT (thanks to Magnito for pointing this one out)

    X-Factor #4 - Part 2 of "X Of Swords". Rictor gets a fair bit of panel time, and his ambiguous relationship with Apocalypse is touched on with Apocalypse demonstrating a strong emotional connection to him.

  13. #15478
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    358

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    A lot of that sort of coding has fallen by the wayside over the years, just as the hanky code before it did.

    Although its possible Slott may out Franklin as gay or bi, I wouldn't make any assumptions just based on the earring. Franklin commented in the story that it was something that a lot of the mutants on Krakoa were doing, so it seems to be more of a "mutant pride" than a "gay pride" symbol on his part.
    Agreed. Slott is doing this to show that now that the XMEN and the F4 made up, Franklin is "proud" to show his mutant heritage. Its something an older person would think would win them points with a younger more open audience.

    With that said, if they did go that way, I could see myself easily buying him as queer.

  14. #15479
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,187

    Default

    The Week In Gay:

    Champions #1 - The latest volume of CHAMPIONS launches as part of the "Outlawed" storyline, and Viv is still part of the cast (pleasant surprise since it seemed like she'd been killed in the OUTLAWED one-shot)

    Deadpool #7

    Magnificent Ms. Marvel #15 - Zoe Zimmer appears as a supporting character

    Marauders #13 - although this chapter of the "X Of Swords" crossover focuses entirely on Storm, Kate Pryde does make a brief appearance.

    Wolverine #6 and X-Force #13 - more "X Of Swords". The two issues introduce Solem, a new bisexual bad guy who is apparently intended to be an important addition to Wolverine's rogues gallery

  15. #15480
    Fantastic Member OopsIdiditagain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Posts
    458

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    I’ve been told by young people that the whole “ear ring in which ear” doesn’t mean anything now as opposed to 20 or 30 tears ago.

    Not sure if true:
    It's just a trend now
    OP characters make me itch

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •