View Poll Results: Who is your favourite 616 Marvel LGBT character?

Voters
891. You may not vote on this poll
  • ANOLE [Victor Borkowski]

30 3.37%
  • BLING! [Roxanne ‘Roxy’ Washington]

12 1.35%
  • CULLEN BLOODSTONE

21 2.36%
  • DAKEN AKIHIRO

47 5.27%
  • HULKLING [Theodore ‘Teddy’ Altman]

49 5.50%
  • KARMA [Xi’an Coy Mahn]

49 5.50%
  • KAROLINA DEAN

47 5.27%
  • LOKI LAUFEYSON, God of Mischief

78 8.75%
  • MOONDRAGON [Heather Douglas]

46 5.16%
  • MYSTIQUE [Raven Darkholme]

134 15.04%
  • NORTHSTAR [Jean-Paul Beaubier]

69 7.74%
  • PRODIGY [David Alleyne]

26 2.92%
  • RICTOR [Julio Esteban Ricter]

47 5.27%
  • SHATTERSTAR [Gaveedra-7]

51 5.72%
  • WICCAN [William ‘Billy’ Kaplan], the Demiurge

185 20.76%
Page 712 of 1132 FirstFirst ... 212612662702708709710711712713714715716722762812 ... LastLast
Results 10,666 to 10,680 of 16971
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    Yes. That doesn't affect his sexuality though.

He first appeared as a human character in DAREDEVIL, as one of the Mister Fears. After he was killed, his robots transferred his mind into a robot body and he has been Machinesmith ever since. His orientation was hinted at during his original human appearances, but it has been during his time as Machinesmith that it has become more explicit (mainly due to less censorship of gay content over the years).

To the best of my knowledge, he and Daredevil have never crossed paths again since Starr was reborn as Machinesmith. I thought Mark Waid might during his DD run, since he was looking have Matt run into foes outside of his usual rogues gallery and Machinesmith would have been a perfect combo of "old foe" and "new foe" all in one, but sadly he didn't use him. I think someone should do a DD/Machinesmith reunion at some point though.
    I questioned Machinesmith's physiology not his sexuality... Besides, I've read Captain America #368 and Iron Man #320.
    Last edited by ZNOP; 07-08-2017 at 02:32 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ZNOP View Post
    I questioned Machinesmith's physiology not his sexuality... Besides, I've read Captain America #368 and Iron Man #320.
    Yes, and I answered your question--he was a human, whose mind was transferred into a robot body after his human body was killed.

So, technically not technically a cyborg in the traditional sense since he doesn't have organic parts. But not strictly a robot either, since he has a human mind.

Quote Originally Posted by ZNOP View Post
    Strictly speaking, creating an anatomicaly correct robot body isn't dificult at all. Obviously in Machinesmith's case (where he doesn't actually wear regular clothes) it would have to be with some kind of slide-away panel in the groin area. Functionality would be doable as well. The only problem then would be sensory reception, but I'd imagine with comic book advanced technology that would be easy as well.

Of course that's going from a traditional human physiology/sexual experience. For a cybernetic being in a hi-tech fictional universe, sexuality might take a completely diferent form. Though that would require another cyborg or similair technological entity.
    #EmmaWasRight

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Sort of off topic, but Allan Heinberg (creator of Young Avengers) is developing an LGBTQ-themed TV show for ABC in partnership with Russell T. Davies (creator of Queer As Folk!!). I mean, HOW FREAKING AWESOME IS THAT? It's going to be gay heaven.

And a little bit of wishful thinking to not be completely off topic: he also signed an overall deal with ABC Studios, which probably means he's going to be a lot more involved with ABC projects from now on, so who knows, maybe at some point he'll get involved with the Marvel Television section and be able to pitch a Young Avengers TV show.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 07-10-2017 at 12:03 AM.

Such a huge fan of both of them! That said though heinberg has been huge for ages now (he also wrote Wonder Woman) so I think if he was going to pitch a young avengers series he would have done it by now. Fingers crossed though!

Quote Originally Posted by Silvermoth View Post
    Such a huge fan of both of them! That said though heinberg has been huge for ages now (he also wrote Wonder Woman) so I think if he was going to pitch a young avengers series he would have done it by now. Fingers crossed though!
    Whose to say he hasn't?
    I mean, creative types pitch stuff all the time and get their proposals sidelined or denied on the regular -- we just don't hear about it.
    I mean, the Runaways tv series has been a precious jewel of hope dropping in and out of the rumor mill of Marvel projects for years. <shrug>

Love your avatar btw.
    Been REreading the whole Midnighter LS thanks to the trades I recently purchased on Amazon.
    I bought all the individual issues each month but my comic organizational skills are deeply lacking so I just trade it up on the top quality runs like this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Whose to say he hasn't?
    I mean, creative types pitch stuff all the time and get their proposals sidelined or denied on the regular -- we just don't hear about it.
    I mean, the Runaways tv series has been a precious jewel of hope dropping in and out of the rumor mill of Marvel projects for years. <shrug>
    Yeah, I can definitely see Marvel Studios/Television turning down or shelving a pitch for a Young Avengers movie/show up until now because it is too soon. And I would actually agree, since the only YA character that we canonically have in the MCU right now is just a kid. But a few years from now, from phase 4 on, I think it's possible. Specially since we're gonna have so many other teenage franchises already established (Spider-Man, Runaways, Cloak & Dagger, New Warriors); it feels like a natural step to have the Young Avengers appear. And Heinberg seems like the most obvious choice to be at the helm of the production. He was the creator of the characters, he has long term relationship with a Disney-owned company and he was the main writer for the huge hit that Wonder-Woman was. They'd be crazy not to pick him.

And, really, every time the new slate of Marvel movies comes out, we hear about actors who don't want to renew their contracts, are aging out of the role, etc. Sooner or later, they're going to have to replace them. Why not literally Young Avengers?

And in Iceman news, the Champions reunion is confirmed: http://www.cbr.com/iceman-marvel-legacy-champions/

REALLLLLY curious to see what tidbits Grace is going to drop in that interview today.

So Iceman's powers are evolving, huh? I'm guessing this is probably going to be tied to the whole Omega Mutant thing and all of his untapped potential. I'm really interested in seeing how Sina Grace will deal with that.

Now you people are getting my hopes up for an MCU Young Avengers. :P

Secretly in the Shadows Starleafgirl's Avatar

http://www.cbr.com/marvel-new-warriors-tv-cast/

I've never heard of Debrii but good news:

Debrii - Deborah Fields

Superpower: Low level telekinetic; trickster
    Deborah is proud, funny and quick witted. Confidently out as a lesbian, Deborah has experienced deep loss in her personal life as a direct result of super “heroics.” She can take care of herself, or at least says she can. She’s the one who calls people on their BS and has no fear of putting her opinions out there.

And a person of color to boot!
    Prεtty Pεnny
    I have no speech. No name. I live in the action of death. The blood-cry, the penetrating wound. I am destruction.... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7.../penance-1.jpg
    <----------------------------------->

Keep the snark to a minimum. ~ The CBR Community Behavior Rules

"What? I can't promise that!" ~ Starleafgirl

Original Join Date: 10-31-2007

They announced that she was lesbian some months ago back when they announced who would be on the show with that cover art. There's no mention of that on the recent reveal about the cast, but that probably doesn't mean anything lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    I'm so ready to see a gay Magneto type of villain.

Unrelated to villainy, but DEF related to LGBTQA ---

IF Marvel FINALLY admitted that Storm is bisexual -- who in the Marvel Universe would folks find as an acceptable tryst / romance / physical relationship / partner to explore ?

Also: YUKIO is too obvious. Try harder, kids.
    Callisto. I'm talking original model, Patti Smith-looking, heroin chic, punk rock Callisto, not glamorous, tentacle fetishist Callisto.
    Last edited by zinderel; 07-10-2017 at 08:59 PM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by zinderel View Post
    Callisto. I'm talking original model, Patti Smith-looking, heroin chic, punk rock Callisto, not glamorous, tentacle fetishist Callisto.
    Yes!

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    So Iceman's powers are evolving, huh? I'm guessing this is probably going to be tied to the whole Omega Mutant thing and all of his untapped potential. I'm really interested in seeing how Sina Grace will deal with that.
    I'm loving the book, a couple of minor quibbles aside. My only real concern so far is Grace saying that Bobby's love life is going to be a "slow burn". This is a book that, sadly, is probably only going to get 10 or 12 issues, and up through issue 6 (with the Champions confirmed for 2 issues), none of the solits have given any hint as to Bobby so much as having a crush. I don't want to see Bobby's dating life all crammed into the last three issues, is all.

But I'm trying not to get myself all het up over things. Solits are hooks, not synopsis, and all that, and I like where Grace has been going so far.