View Poll Results: Who is your favourite 616 Marvel LGBT character?

Voters
891. You may not vote on this poll
  • ANOLE [Victor Borkowski]

30 3.37%
  • BLING! [Roxanne ‘Roxy’ Washington]

12 1.35%
  • CULLEN BLOODSTONE

21 2.36%
  • DAKEN AKIHIRO

47 5.27%
  • HULKLING [Theodore ‘Teddy’ Altman]

49 5.50%
  • KARMA [Xi’an Coy Mahn]

49 5.50%
  • KAROLINA DEAN

47 5.27%
  • LOKI LAUFEYSON, God of Mischief

78 8.75%
  • MOONDRAGON [Heather Douglas]

46 5.16%
  • MYSTIQUE [Raven Darkholme]

134 15.04%
  • NORTHSTAR [Jean-Paul Beaubier]

69 7.74%
  • PRODIGY [David Alleyne]

26 2.92%
  • RICTOR [Julio Esteban Ricter]

47 5.27%
  • SHATTERSTAR [Gaveedra-7]

51 5.72%
  • WICCAN [William ‘Billy’ Kaplan], the Demiurge

185 20.76%
Page 408 of 1132 FirstFirst ... 308358398404405406407408409410411412418458508908 ... LastLast
Results 6,106 to 6,120 of 16974

Quote Originally Posted by twincast View Post
    That'd be having their cake and eating it, too. And I'd be fine with that for once. (To clarify my previous comment re surrogacy: Considering the palpable outrage at me suggesting Billy and Teddy not limiting themselves to options they'd have as two real present day human males, I felt that an egg donor was very much implied since it naturally is in discussions of such real world cases.) Although, to be perfectly honest, I have not the slightest desire to ever spend even a single second in a female body, but if it were merely temporary and meant that I could feel a baby grow inside me, I'd jump at the chance (in a few years), and I seriously doubt Teddy would reject the experience. Plus, I imagine giving birth would be much less painful - and quite possibly even painless - for a shapeshifter.
    That's my point. If it was any other couple that would be the most sensible and probably only choice but not for a Shape Shifter and a Reality Warper.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    At least the child would be biologically both of them, in real life that's not how it happens(that I know of at least?). And yeah, transgender people can have children. But I don't know if it's like the preferred option. Your avatar makes me think: If Sera still have it(I think it was never specified), would she have children with Angela, in the traditional way?

And about Carol flying, she never had a bycicle, but she once rocked a flying motorcycle!
    Oh my gosh I love that!

People keep making a big deal about carol's army origins and how Brie is too young to play someone who is a captain but I don't think carol's army origins are that important. To me she is the marvel universe version of kylie Minogue (and she hulk is the MU version of Beyonce)

Quote Originally Posted by Mah VM View Post
    I thought they had adopted a kid. At least for a speedster and a civilian adopting a child would be the best option.
    Northstar adopted a dying baby back in the 90's, even though pretty much all he could do for her was give her a name to be buried under (and fight off the super-powered mountie coming to murder her, because comics), but that was well before Kyle came into the picture.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    Oh. I thought we were talking about what characters we thought were tops and bottoms. lol
    This comment got undersold by this thread.

And Iceman as a bottom? Enh, I see him more as a vers.

Quote Originally Posted by Silvermoth View Post
    Oh my gosh I love that!

People keep making a big deal about carol's army origins and how Brie is too young to play someone who is a captain but I don't think carol's army origins are that important. To me she is the marvel universe version of kylie Minogue (and she hulk is the MU version of Beyonce)
    I think that her army origins are important for her character, just not for the stories. Being a soldier is part of who she is and how she acts as a superhero. And being on the Air force, shows how much she loves to fly, I think that was interesting on the first KSD volume, how important Carol powers are for her.

Astonishing Member MasterOfMagnetism's Avatar

Wow, as soon as I leave a huge conversation about Billy and Teddy procreating breaks out. I'd like to add my thoughts to that topic.

For starters despite people's feelings about "Mpreg" a teacher in my high school said that there are scientists in real life who are working towards making it so that men can get pregnant. A girl in my class said; "If guys can get pregnant than they better get their periods too."

And considering that the Marvel Universe is far more scientifically advanced than real life and that Billy and Teddy would probably only want to have children in the future, I think it's entirely likely that they could have children without using Teddy's shape-shifting or Billy's reality-warping powers, or a surrogate, or adoption.

Although the more I think about it, Teddy could conceive a child using his shape-shifting powers without changing into a female form. Considering that he's capable of growing wings that allow him to fly and was able to rearrange his internal organs to avoid death while undergoing vivisection, Teddy would almost certainly be able to use his shape-shifting powers to give himself a uterus and manipulate his internal biology temporarily for as much as he needed to so that (sorry if this is a bit too explicit for this site) Billy could impregnate him through anal sex and he could still carry the child while in a male form. Teddy shape-shifting into a woman to get pregnant is probably the least imaginative way that the two of them could have a child together biologically.
    Last edited by MasterOfMagnetism; 06-04-2016 at 04:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaJay View Post
    This comment got undersold by this thread.

And Iceman as a bottom? Enh, I see him more as a vers.
    Ha, OK then...

Rictor- top
    Shatterstar - bottom verse
    Iceman - not ready for that yet. Probably bottom
    Hulkling - top verse
    Wiccan - major bottom (actually that could be a good nickname for him if he wants a change)
    Peter Parker - power bottom unless he's with miles morales and then he's a top

Quote Originally Posted by Silvermoth View Post
    Ha, OK then...

Rictor- top
    Shatterstar - bottom verse
    Iceman - not ready for that yet. Probably bottom
    Hulkling - top verse
    Wiccan - major bottom (actually that could be a good nickname for him if he wants a change)
    Peter Parker - power bottom unless he's with miles morales and then he's a top
    I actually always thought of Shatterstar as a top and Rictor bottom. But I don't really know that much about them, what makes you think otherwise?

You can't judge a book by its cover.

Look at Ian and Mickey from Shameless.

“Have courage and be kind. Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.”
    Cinderella

Quote Originally Posted by gifted View Post
    You can't judge a book by its cover.

Look at Ian and Mickey from Shameless.
    I didn't even watched season 6, after Mickey left
    Besides him and Ian my other favorite characters were Mandy and Sheila. So I really didn't felt encouraged to watch anymore.

I've been reading a lot of Claremont X-Men lately and it's really obvious that a lot of the female characters have lesbian/bisexual subtext. Storm in particular really stands out to me, what are your guys' thoughts on her sexuality? I wonder what would've happened if gay rights were what they are today in the 70s and 80s when Claremont was writing these characters.

This also has me thinking about bisexual established female characters like Mystique. They hardly ever have that aspect of their sexuality explored. She's never had another female love interest besides Destiny (which was also sub textual at first iirc). I'd love it if she would actually date another woman again or even just hooked up with one, it's been so long :/ and then there's Psylocke, IDEK if she even is established as bi or if that encounter with Lady!Fantomex will get brushed aside similarily to Hercules' sexuality.

TLDR; I'd like to see more LGBT women
    Last edited by Wiccan615; 06-04-2016 at 11:01 AM.
    "It's not about adding diversity for the sake of diversity, it's about subtracting homogeneity for the sake of realism."
    -Mary Robinette Kowal

Quote Originally Posted by wiccan615 View Post
    i've been reading a lot of claremont x-men lately and it's really obvious that a lot of the female characters have lesbian/bisexual subtext. Storm in particular really stands out to me, what are your guys' thoughts on her sexuality? I wonder what would've happened if gay rights were what they are today in the 70s and 80s when claremont was writing these characters.

This also has me thinking about bisexual established female characters like mystique. They hardly ever have that aspect of their sexuality explored. She's never had another female love interest besides destiny (which was also sub textual at first iirc). I'd love it if she would actually date another woman again or even just hooked up with one, it's been so long :/ and then there's psylocke, idek if she even is established as bi or if that encounter with lady!fantomex will get brushed aside similarity to hercules' sexuality.

Tldr; i'd like to see more lgbt women
    Hook up Mystique and Psylocke, GO BUNN!

Haha, yeah. Straightest acting thug was a huge bottom.

I can see Bobby as verse. He had sex with his prior girlfriends, so he knows how it feels to be a top.

“Have courage and be kind. Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.”
    Cinderella

Quote Originally Posted by gifted View Post
    Haha, yeah. Straightest acting thug was a huge bottom.

I can see Bobby as verse. He had sex with his prior girlfriends, so he knows how it feels to be a top.
    Mickey also had sex with girls but he never really liked, he actually even complained about topping guys too once.
    But maybe I just too often relate being really closeted and stuff as being a bottom =X Is kinda stupid, but it just happen.
    Last edited by Wiccan; 06-04-2016 at 10:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Hook up Mystique and Psylocke, GO BUNN!
    Some good old-fashioned hate-sex for the win. No feelings, no emotions, just relieving tension through violent, competitive sex.

It would absolutely work.