View Poll Results: Who is your favourite 616 Marvel LGBT character?

Voters
891. You may not vote on this poll
  • ANOLE [Victor Borkowski]

30 3.37%
  • BLING! [Roxanne ‘Roxy’ Washington]

12 1.35%
  • CULLEN BLOODSTONE

21 2.36%
  • DAKEN AKIHIRO

47 5.27%
  • HULKLING [Theodore ‘Teddy’ Altman]

49 5.50%
  • KARMA [Xi’an Coy Mahn]

49 5.50%
  • KAROLINA DEAN

47 5.27%
  • LOKI LAUFEYSON, God of Mischief

78 8.75%
  • MOONDRAGON [Heather Douglas]

46 5.16%
  • MYSTIQUE [Raven Darkholme]

134 15.04%
  • NORTHSTAR [Jean-Paul Beaubier]

69 7.74%
  • PRODIGY [David Alleyne]

26 2.92%
  • RICTOR [Julio Esteban Ricter]

47 5.27%
  • SHATTERSTAR [Gaveedra-7]

51 5.72%
  • WICCAN [William ‘Billy’ Kaplan], the Demiurge

185 20.76%
Page 103 of 1132 FirstFirst ... 35393991001011021031041051061071131532036031103 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,545 of 16972

Quote Originally Posted by krazijoe View Post
    I can't see Northstar getting his own monthly unless it's a mini. The guy is a total tool.
    Stop making this about penises!

Quote Originally Posted by America / Bucky / Russia View Post
    If we're doing this by nationality, how many gay British superheroes are there?
    Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post
    One of the Union Jack's was gay and there is Psylocke and.......nope, I'm out
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfMagnetism View Post
    I'm back again. And on the subject of gay British superheroes, there is Cullen Bloodstone. But with Bloodstone I feel like he's really hovering between being a hero and a villain. I personally would like to see him become a young, gay, British version of the Punisher, or he could become a villain who fights with other teenage Marvel characters.
    All correct! Is Roger Aubrey British???

BLOODSTONE [Cullen Bloodstone]
    "PSYLOCKE" [Elisabeth 'Betsy' Braddock]
    UNION JACK [Brian Falsworth] ~ Golden Age ~ [DECEASED]

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post
    That doesn't count, English people are all at least a little gay.
    Kidding.
    As a British person who is certainly a little gay; here if my thought on this from another British person who is also (delightfully) a little bit gay

Quote Originally Posted by Kencana View Post
    If Marvel have prove anything, they can (not always) turn the most OBSCURE character into cash cow. Guardians of The Galaxy anyone? I didn't know such a team exist when Marvel announced GOTG movie (but maybe it's because I'm a new reader). Don't forget Ms. Marvel. When Kamala solo was announced, the writer wrote about the importance of Muslim representation in media. Even Brett White wrote In Your Face Jam: Ms. Marvel Is Important. I didn't even expect that Silk, a new character get her own solo comic.

So? If Marvel want, they can launch Northstar solo. People will write about the importance of LGBT representation and why Northstar solo can be awesome because his personality, etc etc. Promote his book and hope this book success. Or if Marvel want to push more diversity, get a gay writer and/or gay artist as Northstar creative team.
    I completely agree. Give it a popular team, advertise in GT, Advocate, PinkPages etc; with a clear concept and strong supporting cast. It could last, at-least for a bit (15-20 issues).

Bachalo has gotten so damned awful as an artist.
    Really? I'm adoring his work in Uncanny X-men. It's so awesome! But I do understand, because his work is more stylized, that some won't enjoy it. I don't understand how anyone can dislike Pulindo's gorgeous work on She-Hulk, but some clearly do.

I think Raza is a terrible character who's better off being forgotten about. He must have been a Jason Aaron idea.
    Bendis from Battle of the Atom. Aaron still wins for worst villain in the Hellfire Brats! UGH!

Quote Originally Posted by marvelguy25 View Post
    bachalo isn't bad but sometimes it's very difficult to see what's going on since his artwork is so inky. i think either mark brooks or arthur adams should do northstar.
    I'd need an artist who captures "motion" best. His power is all about movement, we need an artist who does that justice.

you know, if will wheaton did finally get to voice a marvel character i would totally see him do northstar
    That's... actually a really good shout. For voice, he'd be perfect.

like some LGBT solo comics from marvel do you believe we'll soon get an LGBT superhero or comic adaptation on the big and small screen?
    As a solo film? Sadly: absolutely not. Not for 20 years (at-least). We have never had a lesbian or gay solo comic. We've never had an LGBT Avenger. We've never had an LGBT character lead a major team. We can't even get these, but expect someone to spend multi-millions pushing an LGBT solo film that might flop? God, no. We are not even remotely there yet. The ONLY chance (as American/Bucky/Russia pointed out) would be an X-men Origins: Mystique film. But she's not (yet) LGBT in the films. So even IF she got a solo film, would it ever be a genuine LGBT solo film? Or will it be male romance, male romance, male romance... oh and once, long ago, she loved a woman who we won't ever meet.

I don't like being pessimistic, but considering how the creators of the Constantine TV series fell over themselves trying to justify why we will never see his bisexuality, considering most posters on CBR don't care or see a problem with Hickman not outing his Avenger. Considering Tom Breevot happily answers questions from trolls, but TWICE I've asked about whether the staff of writers for Avengers are aware there has never been a true LGBT Avenger... and magically both times it's not answered...

So no. Until someone higher up is LGBT and actively taking a stand; it won't happen.

Quote Originally Posted by America / Bucky / Russia View Post
    X-Men Origins: Mystique, anyone? Do a whole riff on Sherlock Holmes and ... woops that's a different continuity.
    Good call; but until she is out in the films, it won't help us much

It's pretty stupid how long it's taking. I'm sure there will be LGBT representation in the MCU eventually. The problem is that "eventually" is a pretty shitty timeframe.
    I, for one, am not holding my breadth for this happening anytime soon.

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    I'm gonna be negative, but not intentionally so, that we will never see a gay superhero film. We don't even have a comic yet.
    Sadly... THIS!!!

Astonishing Member MasterOfMagnetism's Avatar

You know who doesn't get a lot of recognition in the Marvel LGBT community; Korg. Probably because he's a alien made out of rock, but he's still considered male and he did have a romance with another male alien; Hiroim. I'm pretty sure Hiroim was bi, I read that he had a wife and child in the past. It's a shame their relationship ended tragically, it would've been good to have another gay couple in the Marvel universe, even if one of them is made out of rock.

Mighty Member America / Bucky / Russia's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    As a British person who is certainly a little gay; here if my thought on this from another British person who is also (delightfully) a little bit gay

I'm more than just a little gay for said British person. :P
    Films blog / Books blog / Comics blog / Tumblr / Twitter / Flickr / Photobucket / Dailymotion / YouTube
    My BFI Film Academy short film Hold-Out
    Review column on Doctor Who fansite kasterborous.com
    CBR's LGBT Community

Fantastic Member

Speaking of gay British people, been reading Avengers Arena and Undercover and while I didn't find either to be particularly great, I really did like Cullen Bloodstone a lot. Also I'm kind of glad Hopeless didn't go the route of making Aiden Bi or something and suddenly magically returning Cullen's feelings. I took that last kiss Cullen planted as a thank you and he's going to move on from Aiden, but still remain best buds.

Basically, hope that Cullen and Aiden don't disappear in obscurity.

The ONLY chance (as American/Bucky/Russia pointed out) would be an X-men Origins: Mystique film. But she's not (yet) LGBT in the films. So even IF she got a solo film, would it ever be a genuine LGBT solo film? Or will it be male romance, male romance, male romance... oh and once, long ago, she loved a woman who we won't ever meet.
    Yeah. I guess bisexual representation is okay as long as their primary love interest is on opposite sex. At Gotham, there's bisexual woman that have lesbian ex-girlfriend and currently dating a man. Idk man. Relationship between female character, both platonic and romance are terribly underrated. Let's be honest. In earlier comic, most female character exist as love interest with little backstory, damsel in distress or family figure to male character, so major female character are accepted as long as they're straight.
    Last edited by Kencana; 11-15-2014 at 02:05 PM.

I made this on Tumblr.

http://*****************************...ez-joe-quesada

Basically to get the idea going for Phyla Vell and Moondragon to be in the next GOTG movie. I hope it happens.

Really? I'm adoring his work in Uncanny X-men. It's so awesome! But I do understand, because his work is more stylized, that some won't enjoy it. I don't understand how anyone can dislike Pulindo's gorgeous work on She-Hulk, but some clearly do.
    It's not that it's stylized. It's that it's a hot mess. It's often difficult to make out what the hell is going on, which tends to be a pretty damned vital part of comic book art. His recent work is just flat-out worse than his '90s work, which is not how things should go. He was great in the '90s, and he's sucked for the past few years.

Bendis from Battle of the Atom. Aaron still wins for worst villain in the Hellfire Brats! UGH!
    My understanding is that BotA was Aaron's idea. Molly Hayes being a part of the Future Brotherhood definitely was, which is why Bendis had to fix it once Aaron and Lowe were both gone. I wouldn't be at all surprised if Raze was also Aaron's idea.

I'd need an artist who captures "motion" best. His power is all about movement, we need an artist who does that justice.
    Emma Rios! Seriously, no one does motion as well as Rios does. Felipe Smith would be another good choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Songbird/Diamondback View Post
    I made this on Tumblr.

http://*****************************...ez-joe-quesada

Basically to get the idea going for Phyla Vell and Moondragon to be in the next GOTG movie. I hope it happens.
    You might want to fix your link.

You might want to fix your link.
    Huh, let me try that again: http://*****************************...ez-joe-quesada

That's...really...weird...

Secretly in the Shadows Starleafgirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Songbird/Diamondback View Post
    Huh, let me try that again: http://*****************************...ez-joe-quesada

That's...really...weird...
    I've noticed this that sometimes URLs are blocked.

http://
    therealsongbirddiamondback
    .tumblr.com/post/102590321475/art-credits-go-to-david-lopez-joe-quesada

Anyhow, the real reason I'm posting is:

Marvel Heroes!

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    Wiccan has been approved by Marvel. Woot! He is coming soon!
    https://forums.marvelheroes.com/disc...an-spoilers/p1

As per a post by TheDink (one of the official artists for the game).

Prεtty Pεnny
    I have no speech. No name. I live in the action of death. The blood-cry, the penetrating wound. I am destruction.... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7.../penance-1.jpg
    <----------------------------------->

Keep the snark to a minimum. ~ The CBR Community Behavior Rules

"What? I can't promise that!" ~ Starleafgirl

Original Join Date: 10-31-2007

My understanding is that BotA was Aaron's idea. Molly Hayes being a part of the Future Brotherhood definitely was, which is why Bendis had to fix it once Aaron and Lowe were both gone. I wouldn't be at all surprised if Raze was also Aaron's idea.
    I'm a huge runaways fan but didn't read Battle of the Atom. I know Molly was cast as Brotherhood (which I hated) but didn't know anything else. How did Bend is fix it? I know its off topic but googling got me no where.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnito View Post
    I'm a huge runaways fan but didn't read Battle of the Atom. I know Molly was cast as Brotherhood (which I hated) but didn't know anything else. How did Bend is fix it? I know its off topic but googling got me no where.
    It's contradictary, but Molly was under mind control. Which is strange since Magik stabbed Molly with her sword during BotA.

BTW, I REAAAAALLY didn't like BotA.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnito View Post
    Everyone was brainwashed by the son of the Profesor X and Mystique.

Secretly in the Shadows Starleafgirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    Everyone was brainwashed by the son of the Profesor X and Mystique.
    Woot. That's as good as a "fix" as we're likely to get for that mess.

Jason Aaron created so many of the worst x-villains, lol.
    Prεtty Pεnny
    I have no speech. No name. I live in the action of death. The blood-cry, the penetrating wound. I am destruction.... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7.../penance-1.jpg
    <----------------------------------->

Keep the snark to a minimum. ~ The CBR Community Behavior Rules

"What? I can't promise that!" ~ Starleafgirl

Original Join Date: 10-31-2007