View Poll Results: Who is your favourite 616 Marvel LGBT character?

Voters
891. You may not vote on this poll
  • ANOLE [Victor Borkowski]

30 3.37%
  • BLING! [Roxanne ‘Roxy’ Washington]

12 1.35%
  • CULLEN BLOODSTONE

21 2.36%
  • DAKEN AKIHIRO

47 5.27%
  • HULKLING [Theodore ‘Teddy’ Altman]

49 5.50%
  • KARMA [Xi’an Coy Mahn]

49 5.50%
  • KAROLINA DEAN

47 5.27%
  • LOKI LAUFEYSON, God of Mischief

78 8.75%
  • MOONDRAGON [Heather Douglas]

46 5.16%
  • MYSTIQUE [Raven Darkholme]

134 15.04%
  • NORTHSTAR [Jean-Paul Beaubier]

69 7.74%
  • PRODIGY [David Alleyne]

26 2.92%
  • RICTOR [Julio Esteban Ricter]

47 5.27%
  • SHATTERSTAR [Gaveedra-7]

51 5.72%
  • WICCAN [William ‘Billy’ Kaplan], the Demiurge

185 20.76%
Page 1094 of 1132 FirstFirst ... 94594994104410841090109110921093109410951096109710981104 ... LastLast
Results 16,396 to 16,410 of 16974
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Krakoa View Post
    That wouldn't really work with the lore of the book, since there are no new Eternals and there are just the 100 that exist. And the book is pretty heavily leaning into Makkari's role from the Gaiman run.
    I very much doubt we've seen all 100 Eternals, so a new one is possible

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    AU gay Peter Parker dating male MJ Watson needed to happen back when Andrew Garfield said he wanted Michael B. Jordan to play his MJ!
    Also, since Ryan Reynolds has said he wants Deadpool to have a boyfriend, casting Andrew Garfield as Deadpool's boyfriend would be ideal. They could even imply he's Peter Parker but never actually say his name or show him using powers.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    I very much doubt we've seen all 100 Eternals, so a new one is possible
    Yeah, that's what I meant. A new Eternal as in someone we haven't met before, but they could say they always existed within the lore.

Quote Originally Posted by witchboy View Post
    Also, since Ryan Reynolds has said he wants Deadpool to have a boyfriend, casting Andrew Garfield as Deadpool's boyfriend would be ideal. They could even imply he's Peter Parker but never actually say his name or show him using powers.
    I do hope Deadpool gets to be a little more properly queer someday, but I doubt it would ever reach this level of fanservice.

Since I doubt they are ever gonna do The Clone Saga in the MCU and I also doubt they'd have the balls to ever show us a queer character actually named Peter Parker... I'd say our queer Spider-Man in live action should be Ben Reilly, played by a blonde Tom Holland keeping his british accent. Give him a boyfriend named Max Johnson and call it a day. lol
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 04-19-2022 at 02:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    Since I doubt they are ever gonna do The Clone Saga in the MCU and I also doubt they'd have the balls to ever show us a queer character actually named Peter Parker... I'd say our queer Spider-Man in live action should be Ben Reilly, played by a blonde Tom Holland keeping his british accent. Give him a boyfriend named Max Johnson and call it a day. lol
    Call him Jack Godbe (aka Janine Godbe) .

Eye-rolling bajuszbetyár The Invincible Beawulf's Avatar

AU gay Peter Parker dating male MJ Watson needed to happen back when Andrew Garfield said he wanted Michael B. Jordan to play his MJ!
    Or, AU gay Peter Paker (played by A. Garfield) could be dating AU gay Johnny Storm (played by M.B. Jordan). There're a ton of Peter Parker x Johnny Storm stories out there...
    BL and comics fan. 🌈 ----- For those saying BL is "pandering to fujos! Too girly! It's fetishization!!!" --> https://www.fujoshi.info/ (a website with academic resources on Queer Media Studies in Asia and LGBTQIA+ history)

The queer body has been used as a battleground, has been criminalized, ostracized, and many times erased from their own histories. -- Alesha Byrne (University of San Francisco)

Quote Originally Posted by witchboy View Post
    I would love this, so so much! And both actors would be up for it!
    Last edited by Kieran_Frost; 04-19-2022 at 02:19 PM.
    "We are Shakespeare. We are Michelangelo. We are Tchaikovsky. We are Turing. We are Mercury. We are Wilde. We are Lincoln, Lorca, Leonardo da Vinci. We are Alexander the Great. We are Fredrick the Great. We are Rustin. We are Addams. We are Marsha! Marsha Marsha Marsha! We so generous, we DeGeneres. We are Ziggy Stardust hooked to the silver screen. Controversially we are Malcolm X. We are Plato. We are Aristotle. We are RuPaul, god dammit! And yes, we are Woolf."

Since I doubt they are ever gonna do The Clone Saga in the MCU and I also doubt they'd have the balls to ever show us a queer character actually named Peter Parker...
    FWIW, the Sony leaks from back in 2014-15 mentioned that an AU Peter Parker could be depicted as queer in the films. Just not the main one.

It begs to question which one would Garfield's Peter come under. If MCU Spidey is now the main universe Peter, shouldn't Garfield technically be an AU version now?

FWIW, the Sony leaks from back in 2014-15 mentioned that an AU Peter Parker could be depicted as queer in the films. Just not the main one.

It begs to question which one would Garfield's Peter come under. If MCU Spidey is now the main universe Peter, shouldn't Garfield technically be an AU version now?
    Did the leak say AU Peter or AU Spider-Man?

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

I remember reading those leaks and my understanding is that Peter Parker must always be a white straight male, and they could only divert from that if they adapt a version of Spider-Man who is already different in the source material. Andrew's role is clearly based on classic Peter Parker, so I don't think he falls under the exception rule.

Then again, who knows how things are these days. Sony and Marvel got a pretty bad press when this contract leaked back then and they renewed it ever since, so we don't know what the terms are today. I like to think they got rid of the heteronormative rule, but even then I question if they would really have the balls to show us a queer Peter Parker.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

How does that work if they're all AUs?
    "Cable was right!"

Astonishing Member

The Week In Gay:

Another very light week for new releases, due to the ongoing paper shortages and supply chain delays.

Wolverine #20 - Deadpool co-starred in this issue, and will be sticking around for at least the rest of the arc.

Who Is....America Chavez Infinity Comic - digital comic recapping Chavez's history

I don't generally bother to note Mephisto appearances, since his pansexuality so rarely is relevant to anything but since this is such a light week I will note that Avengers #55 has an appearance by an army of multiversal Mephistos, building towards the Avengers' upcoming conflict with him/them. Javier Garron is the artist on the series, which is also worth noting.

This week also saw the launch of a scripted Squirrel Girl podcast series, picking up where Doreen's solo book left off and written by Ryan North. Koi Boi is part of the cast of the podcast.

Astonishing Member

The Week In Gay:

Knights Of X #1 - The sequel series to Tini Howard's EXCALIBUR run debuts here. Rictor and Shatterstar are on the new team, and are back together as a couple. Rachel Summers is part of the new team, and there have been hints at a possible romance between her and Betsy (Captain Britain) developing.

Ms Marvel: Beyond The Limit #5 of 5 - Wasp II guest stars in this issue, and Nadia is asexual.

Sabretooth #3 of 5 - Bling! appears in this issue

Silk #4 - Cindy's friends Lola and Rafferty are in this issue.

Thor #750 - Loki gets a solo story here by Al Ewing, which is a prelude to the upcoming DEFENDERS: BEYOND mini this summer.

This week was definitely better for LGBT character appearances, but the paper shortage and supply chain delays are still leaving Marvel's output pretty darn thin these days.

Ultimate Member

Yeah, that's what I meant. A new Eternal as in someone we haven't met before, but they could say they always existed within the lore.
    The original Eternals were deliberately similar to various Greek gods and heroes, like Ikaris, Sersi, Zuras, Thena, etc. There are a bunch of options that haven't been explored, like an Eternal based around the archer Artemis, or the sun-god Apollo, or the sea-god Poseidon. One based on Artemis or Achilles would be pretty on-theme to be LGBT, but there were lots of Greek gods and heroes who didn't have much in the way of famous canonical straight relationships, like Dionysus or Apollo.
    Last edited by Sutekh; 05-01-2022 at 02:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    The original Eternals were deliberately similar to various Greek gods and heroes, like Ikaris, Sersi, Zuras, Thena, etc. There are a bunch of options that haven't been explored, like an Eternal based around the archer Artemis, or the sun-god Apollo, or the sea-god Poseidon. One based on Artemis or Achilles would be pretty on-theme to be LGBT, but there were lots of Greek gods and heroes who didn't have much in the way of famous canonical straight relationships, like Dionysus or Apollo.
    I think Oceanus is the Poseidon equivalent.

Daina of Times Past is probably the Artemis equivalent. Diana, of course, is the Roman name of Artemis.

Helios could be Apollo.
    Alternatively, there's also an 'excluded H' listed in Gillen's Eternals 1 that I'm pretty sure will be revealed to be an imprisoned Hyperion.
    Hyperion, based off of Superman, could be Apollo as well.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    The Week In Gay:

Knights Of X #1 - The sequel series to Tini Howard's EXCALIBUR run debuts here. Rictor and Shatterstar are on the new team, and are back together as a couple. Rachel Summers is part of the new team, and there have been hints at a possible romance between her and Betsy (Captain Britain) developing.

̶[̶B̶]̶M̶s̶ ̶M̶a̶r̶v̶e̶l̶:̶ ̶B̶e̶y̶o̶n̶d̶ ̶T̶h̶e̶ ̶L̶i̶m̶i̶t̶ ̶#̶5̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶5̶[̶/̶B̶]̶ ̶-̶ ̶W̶a̶s̶p̶ ̶I̶I̶ ̶g̶u̶e̶s̶t̶ ̶s̶t̶a̶r̶s̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶i̶s̶s̶u̶e̶,̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶N̶a̶d̶i̶a̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶a̶s̶e̶x̶u̶a̶l̶.̶

̶[̶B̶]̶S̶a̶b̶r̶e̶t̶o̶o̶t̶h̶ ̶#̶3̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶5̶[̶/̶B̶]̶ ̶-̶ ̶B̶l̶i̶n̶g̶!̶ ̶a̶p̶p̶e̶a̶r̶s̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶i̶s̶s̶u̶e̶

̶[̶B̶]̶S̶i̶l̶k̶ ̶#̶4̶[̶/̶B̶]̶ ̶-̶ ̶C̶i̶n̶d̶y̶'̶s̶ ̶f̶r̶i̶e̶n̶d̶s̶ ̶L̶o̶l̶a̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶R̶a̶f̶f̶e̶r̶t̶y̶ ̶a̶r̶e̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶i̶s̶s̶u̶e̶.̶

̶[̶B̶]̶T̶h̶o̶r̶ ̶#̶7̶5̶0̶[̶/̶B̶]̶ ̶-̶ ̶L̶o̶k̶i̶ ̶g̶e̶t̶s̶ ̶a̶ ̶s̶o̶l̶o̶ ̶s̶t̶o̶r̶y̶ ̶h̶e̶r̶e̶ ̶b̶y̶ ̶A̶l̶ ̶E̶w̶i̶n̶g̶,̶ ̶w̶h̶i̶c̶h̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶a̶ ̶p̶r̶e̶l̶u̶d̶e̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶u̶p̶c̶o̶m̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶D̶E̶F̶E̶N̶D̶E̶R̶S̶:̶ ̶B̶E̶Y̶O̶N̶D̶ ̶m̶i̶n̶i̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶s̶u̶m̶m̶e̶r̶.̶

̶T̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶w̶e̶e̶k̶ ̶w̶a̶s̶ ̶d̶e̶f̶i̶n̶i̶t̶e̶l̶y̶ ̶b̶e̶t̶t̶e̶r̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶L̶G̶B̶T̶ ̶c̶h̶a̶r̶a̶c̶t̶e̶r̶ ̶a̶p̶p̶e̶a̶r̶a̶n̶c̶e̶s̶,̶ ̶b̶u̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶p̶a̶p̶e̶r̶ ̶s̶h̶o̶r̶t̶a̶g̶e̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶s̶u̶p̶p̶l̶y̶ ̶c̶h̶a̶i̶n̶ ̶d̶e̶l̶a̶y̶s̶ ̶a̶r̶e̶ ̶s̶t̶i̶l̶l̶ ̶l̶e̶a̶v̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶M̶a̶r̶v̶e̶l̶'̶s̶ ̶o̶u̶t̶p̶u̶t̶ ̶p̶r̶e̶t̶t̶y̶ ̶d̶a̶r̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶s̶e̶ ̶d̶a̶y̶s̶.̶
    Hints such as? Can you spell it out or provide pics of said possible romance between Rachel and Betsy?