View Poll Results: Who is your favourite 616 Marvel LGBT character?

Voters
891. You may not vote on this poll
  • ANOLE [Victor Borkowski]

30 3.37%
  • BLING! [Roxanne ‘Roxy’ Washington]

12 1.35%
  • CULLEN BLOODSTONE

21 2.36%
  • DAKEN AKIHIRO

47 5.27%
  • HULKLING [Theodore ‘Teddy’ Altman]

49 5.50%
  • KARMA [Xi’an Coy Mahn]

49 5.50%
  • KAROLINA DEAN

47 5.27%
  • LOKI LAUFEYSON, God of Mischief

78 8.75%
  • MOONDRAGON [Heather Douglas]

46 5.16%
  • MYSTIQUE [Raven Darkholme]

134 15.04%
  • NORTHSTAR [Jean-Paul Beaubier]

69 7.74%
  • PRODIGY [David Alleyne]

26 2.92%
  • RICTOR [Julio Esteban Ricter]

47 5.27%
  • SHATTERSTAR [Gaveedra-7]

51 5.72%
  • WICCAN [William ‘Billy’ Kaplan], the Demiurge

185 20.76%
Page 1043 of 1132 FirstFirst ... 43543943993103310391040104110421043104410451046104710531093 ... LastLast
Results 15,631 to 15,645 of 16972

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Is Fantastic Four is the last team to not have an official LGBT member?

Like I know Jason Aaron’s current Avengers doesn’t have one but we know that past Avengers iterations have.

Is F4 the last team not to have one? Thunderbolts?
    Come now, we’ve all seen the way Johnny looks at Peter.

I would love to see more gay aliens and things actually. Like the hets get kind of spicy comic book plots with robots and stuff but we’re still not there yet. A few but more is better

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant God View Post
    Well if the Future Foundation count as part of the FF they do with Tong

And the last Future Foundation had Julie Power and Rikki Barnes.

Astonishing Member

Like I know Jason Aaron’s current Avengers doesn’t have one but we know that past Avengers iterations have.
    As others have already pointed out, the FF have a few LGBT members in their expanded cast of Future Foundation. They also have Iceman as one of their past substitute members--although he was not openly gay at the time of his (retconned-in) membership stint. However, the team has acknowledged him as a member since he has come out. Its possible that Dan Slott plans to do more with Bobby in the FF at some point--he did make it extremely clear a few issues ago that Iceman is still considered an official FF member and part of the family.

The T-Bolts have had a few--actually, back in the day they were probably Marvel's gayest book at the time. Skein and Joystick were both bisexual, and Swordsman III (Andreas Strucker) was at least implied to be as well. Amazon/Man-Killer was a lesbian. Many readers got a gay vibe off Blizzard (Donnie Gill) during Fabian Niceiza's run, although he never got outed one way or the other.

If you're talking teams that have had their own series...the New Warriors might be the last team to not have an openly LGBT member yet. The new miniseries that was announced last year would have introduced at least one--but that book has yet to be rescheduled since the pandemic shutdown, and seems to have been quietly cancelled.

If you're casting the net really wide to include all known teams in the Marvel Universe, then there are probably a few left that haven't. I don't think any version of the Squadron Supreme thus far has had one. Winter Guard/People's Protectorate/Super Soviets -- whatever incarnation of Russia's superheroes you want to go with, I don't think any of them have had an LGBT member as of yet. MI13?

C'mon the Human Torch is totally flaming for his Icccceman
    GrindrStone(D)

Johnny finally coming out would be a great way to celebrate his 60th anniversary...
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    I don't think any version of the Squadron Supreme thus far has had one. Winter Guard/People's Protectorate/Super Soviets -- whatever incarnation of Russia's superheroes you want to go with, I don't think any of them have had an LGBT member as of yet. MI13?
    Oh, you just know the bear-guy is gay.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    As others have already pointed out, the FF have a few LGBT members in their expanded cast of Future Foundation. They also have Iceman as one of their past substitute members--although he was not openly gay at the time of his (retconned-in) membership stint. However, the team has acknowledged him as a member since he has come out. Its possible that Dan Slott plans to do more with Bobby in the FF at some point--he did make it extremely clear a few issues ago that Iceman is still considered an official FF member and part of the family.

The T-Bolts have had a few--actually, back in the day they were probably Marvel's gayest book at the time. Skein and Joystick were both bisexual, and Swordsman III (Andreas Strucker) was at least implied to be as well. Amazon/Man-Killer was a lesbian. Many readers got a gay vibe off Blizzard (Donnie Gill) during Fabian Niceiza's run, although he never got outed one way or the other.

If you're talking teams that have had their own series...the New Warriors might be the last team to not have an openly LGBT member yet. The new miniseries that was announced last year would have introduced at least one--but that book has yet to be rescheduled since the pandemic shutdown, and seems to have been quietly cancelled.

If you're casting the net really wide to include all known teams in the Marvel Universe, then there are probably a few left that haven't. I don't think any version of the Squadron Supreme thus far has had one. Winter Guard/People's Protectorate/Super Soviets -- whatever incarnation of Russia's superheroes you want to go with, I don't think any of them have had an LGBT member as of yet. MI13?
    I forgot Iceman is now a retcon past member.

I totally forgot about Skein and Joystick and Amazon.

If we’re not counting the unreleased New Warriors, I guess we can count are Debrii. The tv show adaptation was going to have her as lesbian, and we’ve not been given her comics sexuality yet.

Thundra was at one time a member of Squadron Supreme.
    Last edited by Will Evans; 01-02-2021 at 07:59 AM.

Astonishing Member

I forgot Iceman is now a retcon past member.

I totally forgot about Skein and Joystick and Amazon.

If we’re not counting the unreleased New Warriors, I guess we can count are Debrii. The tv show adaptation was going to have her as lesbian, and we’ve not been given her comics sexuality yet.

Thundra was at one time a member of Squadron Supreme.
    Yeah, Debrii might be--but she has yet to actually be outed in the comics yet. Good catch with Thundra--yeah, she was part of James Robinson's Squadron Supreme. So that's one incarnation of the group at least that's had one.

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Magnito View Post
    Or Franklin. I'd accept that too.
    Genuinely thought Slott might do this when he took over, but instead the story just became generic teen angst. Oh well, still time.
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

From what I've seen of his work, I don't think I want Slott writing any LGBT+ characters or a coming out story. Maybe whoever comes after him can write it well and respectfully (Ewing?).

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    From what I've seen of his work, I don't think I want Slott writing any LGBT+ characters or a coming out story. Maybe whoever comes after him can write it well and respectfully (Ewing?).
    Slott has written queer characters and coming out moments before, and I wouldn't say it was anything bad. I can't say how exactly a queer plot in his FF run would look like, but I don't think he should be stopped from writing it if that's what he wants. Sometimes it takes a bigger writer with more clout to get that sort of thing started. Just look at Iceman; if it wasn't for Bendis, I'm not sure he would've ever come out. And even if people have issues with how Bendis did it, at least he laid the groundwork for other writers to continue to explore that story in a better way. I think anyone who wants to add more queer representation to comics should be encouraged to do so.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 01-03-2021 at 11:13 AM.

All-New Member

Anyone else unable to access the last page?

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Damage Control.
    "Cable was right!"

Extraordinary Member

I’m surprised there’s no thread like this in the DC Comics forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Pitchblack34 View Post
    Anyone else unable to access the last page?
    Yeah, the thread's broken for me too