View Poll Results: Who is your favourite 616 Marvel LGBT character?

Voters
891. You may not vote on this poll
  • ANOLE [Victor Borkowski]

30 3.37%
  • BLING! [Roxanne ‘Roxy’ Washington]

12 1.35%
  • CULLEN BLOODSTONE

21 2.36%
  • DAKEN AKIHIRO

47 5.27%
  • HULKLING [Theodore ‘Teddy’ Altman]

49 5.50%
  • KARMA [Xi’an Coy Mahn]

49 5.50%
  • KAROLINA DEAN

47 5.27%
  • LOKI LAUFEYSON, God of Mischief

78 8.75%
  • MOONDRAGON [Heather Douglas]

46 5.16%
  • MYSTIQUE [Raven Darkholme]

134 15.04%
  • NORTHSTAR [Jean-Paul Beaubier]

69 7.74%
  • PRODIGY [David Alleyne]

26 2.92%
  • RICTOR [Julio Esteban Ricter]

47 5.27%
  • SHATTERSTAR [Gaveedra-7]

51 5.72%
  • WICCAN [William ‘Billy’ Kaplan], the Demiurge

185 20.76%
Page 940 of 1132 FirstFirst ... 4408408909309369379389399409419429439449509901040 ... LastLast
Results 14,086 to 14,100 of 16972

Yeah I agree, I would read the hell out of that

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfMagnetism View Post
    Now the Russo brothers are saying that the gay character in Endgame is the MCU's first openly gay character, but not the first gay character and that the other character will be revealed as gay eventually.

So now the question is; who is it? And how are people going to react to this?

https://www.pride.com/geek/2019/5/09...cters-gay-soon
    See, this is what I don't like. It's the whole ''tell but not show'' thing that can very easily just turn into queerbaiting. Maybe it's too early to tell if it is just queerbaiting from the Russos, but I do have a problem with those kind of teases being made when they said themselves they have no plans to direct any more Marvel movies right now. So who's to say they're actually going through with that notion that we have an existing gay character in the MCU who hasn't been outed yet? It doesn't sound like they are talking about the Eternals character, since ''James'' is going to be a brand new character and not an existing one, so what could they possibly know? I sided with them on the Avengers: Endgame representation because I actually thought they handled that well, but I'm going to be disappointed if they pull a J.K. Rowling on us on their way out of Marvel by promising something we might not see.

Ultimate Member

I guess Valkyrie counts as 'not really outed yet' since they've cut scenes referencing her sexuality in both of the movies she's been in...

I'd laugh if Valkyrie showed up in a third movie and there was a cameo by Jaimie Alexander (as Sif) leaving her bedroom and Thor being all 'whaaaaaat!?'
    Last edited by Sutekh; 05-11-2019 at 04:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    I guess Valkyrie counts as 'not really outed yet' since they've cut scenes referencing her sexuality in both of the movies she's been in...

I'd laugh if Valkyrie showed up in a third movie and there was a cameo by Jaimie Alexander (as Sif) leaving her bedroom and Thor being all 'whaaaaaat!?'
    You know Taika Waititi would do that for us in Thor 4.

I'd love it if they got Val and Sif together.
    Love Jaimie, love Tessa. The both of them together would be epic.
    #EmmaWasRight

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by NexusTenebrare View Post
    I'd love it if they got Val and Sif together.
    Love Jaimie, love Tessa. The both of them together would be epic.
    This will be my new headcanon.

What do we call the ship? Vif is too short, probably, so Sifkyrie?

This will be my new headcanon.

What do we call the ship? Vif is too short, probably, so Sifkyrie?
    how about
    Sal...

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

They'll reveal Quicksilver was gay, so they can say it counted, but not have to do anything with it
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post
    They'll reveal Quicksilver was gay, so they can say it counted, but not have to do anything with it
    If they did that, the double shitstorm of both killing him and just outing him out of the movies would be a pr nightmare. That way no one would be happy about it. Not the LGBTQ+ community nor the bigots. They'd be better off doing literally nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Ticomat View Post
    If they did that, the double shitstorm of both killing him and just outing him out of the movies would be a pr nightmare. That way no one would be happy about it. Not the LGBTQ+ community nor the bigots. They'd be better off doing literally nothing.
    It's a Dumbledore move for sure, but I'm cynical enough to expect it

I would pay 10 tickets to see it.

Valkyrie seems th emost safe option

White Wolf would be the sexiest option.

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    White Wolf would be the sexiest option.
    Agreed - and at least we know he's got more story coming due to that TV series.

They could also out him in the comics if they wanted synergy and it wouldn't really do much except make his complicated relationship with Natasha more complicated.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post
    I doubt it. They avoided outing Victoria Hand and Isabelle Hartley in the MCU (on AGENTS OF SHIELD) because they knew it would send an unintended message and create a lot of bad feeling if the only two LGBT characters on the show at that time were both killed off.

I realize that's not the same group of people who are making the decisions for the MCU at movie level, but still it shows that there are people involved in the MCU who know that would be a terrible idea. They could out Quicksilver as gay if they want to...but they know that would not get them off the hook for having living LGBT representation in the MCU.

Astonishing Member

The Week In Gay:

Spider-Man/Deadpool #50 - the series finale for the bromance book between Wade and Spidey. I'm impressed it actually managed a 50 issue run.

Symbiote Spider-Man #2 of 5 - Black Cat is a supporting character in this mini, which is written by Peter David, who has a great track record of LGBT inclusion. I don't know of any LGBT content for this project specifically though, apart from Felicia's involvement.

Unstoppable Wasp #7 - guest appearances by multiple LGBT characters at Nadia's birthday party

X-Force #7

Journey Into Mystery #2 of 5 - is it just me, or is anyone else wondering if Sebastian Druid is going to turn out to be gay here?

Unbeatable Squirrel Girl #44 - our usual LGBT supporting characters are absent this issue, but its still always a fun read!

Anything I missed?