View Poll Results: Who is your favourite 616 Marvel LGBT character?

Voters
891. You may not vote on this poll
  • ANOLE [Victor Borkowski]

30 3.37%
  • BLING! [Roxanne ‘Roxy’ Washington]

12 1.35%
  • CULLEN BLOODSTONE

21 2.36%
  • DAKEN AKIHIRO

47 5.27%
  • HULKLING [Theodore ‘Teddy’ Altman]

49 5.50%
  • KARMA [Xi’an Coy Mahn]

49 5.50%
  • KAROLINA DEAN

47 5.27%
  • LOKI LAUFEYSON, God of Mischief

78 8.75%
  • MOONDRAGON [Heather Douglas]

46 5.16%
  • MYSTIQUE [Raven Darkholme]

134 15.04%
  • NORTHSTAR [Jean-Paul Beaubier]

69 7.74%
  • PRODIGY [David Alleyne]

26 2.92%
  • RICTOR [Julio Esteban Ricter]

47 5.27%
  • SHATTERSTAR [Gaveedra-7]

51 5.72%
  • WICCAN [William ‘Billy’ Kaplan], the Demiurge

185 20.76%
Page 1114 of 1132 FirstFirst ... 1146141014106411041110111111121113111411151116111711181124 ... LastLast
Results 16,696 to 16,710 of 16973

I get that, and I hesitated to post because of it. For the record, I don't care who people ship. The heart wants what it wants, and all that. I do really, really hate the baiting, though. Especially in this day and age. A few issues of subtext is fine, but an entire run? Drives me nuts. If Rich is in love with Pete, have him say "I'm in love with Pete". Don't get vague on me.

And, yeah, I could see Roberto and/or Rich being something other than straight. Sam, not so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Arachne View Post
    I get that, and I hesitated to post because of it. For the record, I don't care who people ship. The heart wants what it wants, and all that. I do really, really hate the baiting, though. Especially in this day and age. A few issues of subtext is fine, but an entire run? Drives me nuts. If Rich is in love with Pete, have him say "I'm in love with Pete". Don't get vague on me.

And, yeah, I could see Roberto and/or Rich being something other than straight. Sam, not so much.
    Oh I can't stand the baiting and dragging things out either.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by scourge View Post
    And this isn't a knock against anyone here but every time someone goes "Why can't two guys just be friends without being shipped?!" I have to roll my eyes. Like they seem to believe there's no male friendships in existence out there...like we haven't been getting TONS and TONS of 'just friends' in all of fiction for ages.
    Too true. And as for the 'why', who cares? Let people ship whoever they want. I'm not gonna come over to other people's houses and tell them how to enjoy their own damn comics, and I expect the same consideration from them.

BANNED

Your right about it being hard to find cross-gender friendships.

Yeah, Rahne and Dani could have been interpreted that way, but then Dani said she was straight in New Mutants vol. 2. I can't see Dani saying that if she was ever attracted to a woman. She's just too in-your-face for that. I'm not saying that she could never be attracted to a woman, just that she hadn't been at that point.

Also, Dani once said something about Rahne "bringing out the mother in her", or something to that effect. That would make romantic feelings between them feel a little weird. To me, anyway.

I could almost see Roberto having romantic feelings for Sam, but why would they develop now and not earlier? That just seems strange. I think he is totally jealous of Izzy getting more of Sam's time than he does, though, but friends can get jealous, too.
    That's exactly how I feel about the current relationship between Rachel and Betsy. I was like, when did those two ever hang out together much less develop this intent intimate romance? Exactly when did the two start to swing with each other? Honestly, if the relationship were between Kitty and Rachel I could say there was a bit of Claremazoniess going on back in the day... But, Betsy and Rachel? Show me a canonical connection between the two at least because as far as ships go I just can't see it.
    Last edited by Micabe; 05-04-2023 at 03:29 AM.

Astonishing Member

It's funny Rachel and Betsy coming out works but I too am confused by them being put together of all characters since there doesn't seem to be any real basis for it.

I remember someone pointing out "Will Betsy bring up hitting on Rachel's dad back in the 90's?" and now am mostly amused and hoping either side brings it up.

Quote Originally Posted by PyroTwilight View Post
    It's funny Rachel and Betsy coming out works but I too am confused by them being put together of all characters since there doesn't seem to be any real basis for it.

I remember someone pointing out "Will Betsy bring up hitting on Rachel's dad back in the 90's?" and now am mostly amused and hoping either side brings it up.
    There was a lot of subtext between them in Claremont's second return to Uncanny. And there was buildup throughout Excalibur, X-Factor, and Knights of X in Krakoa.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Krakoa View Post
    There was a lot of subtext between them in Claremont's second return to Uncanny. And there was buildup throughout Excalibur, X-Factor, and Knights of X in Krakoa.
    Any examples offhand? I've seen plenty with Rachel over the years but Betsy never seemed like there was any that I recall let alone between the two.

Any examples offhand? I've seen plenty with Rachel over the years but Betsy never seemed like there was any that I recall let alone between the two.
    Betsy had a brief relationship with Lady Fantomex

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    Betsy had a brief relationship with Lady Fantomex
    I’m aware. That’s not what I’m asking about. I know that’s where it all started for with Betsy modern wise but the prior poster is talking about Rachel and Betsy having subtext before.

I’m aware. That’s not what I’m asking about. I know that’s where it all started for with Betsy modern wise but the prior poster is talking about Rachel and Betsy having subtext before.
    Well, some people consider their interactions in Claremont's House of M story as proof of that

But that was over a decade ago, so I don't think it makes their current relationship feel any more natural.

Eye-rolling bajuszbetyár The Invincible Beawulf's Avatar

BL and comics fan. 🌈 ----- For those saying BL is "pandering to fujos! Too girly! It's fetishization!!!" --> https://www.fujoshi.info/ (a website with academic resources on Queer Media Studies in Asia and LGBTQIA+ history)

The queer body has been used as a battleground, has been criminalized, ostracized, and many times erased from their own histories. -- Alesha Byrne (University of San Francisco)

I'm not sure what to make of the last part of Gwenpool's story. It was basically one long lecture, but it explained asexuality so well.

Astonishing Member

I'm not sure what to make of the last part of Gwenpool's story. It was basically one long lecture, but it explained asexuality so well.
    It did have that going for it at least

BANNED

It did have that going for it at least
    This all makes me question why asexuals are counted among the LGBT community at all as opposed to being in a class among themselves. Last I checked asexuals are not personally attacked on a regular, persecuted, and or discriminated against simply because they're not all that interested in having sexual relationships.

Asexual
    The adjective describes a person who does not experience sexual attraction. Sometimes shortened to “ace,” it is an umbrella term that can also include people who are demisexual, meaning they do experience some sexual attraction; graysexual, meaning those who may not fit the strictest definition of the word asexual; and aromantic, meaning they experience little to no romantic attraction and/or has little to no desire to form romantic relationships.
    Last edited by Micabe; 05-05-2023 at 01:24 PM. Reason: Link(s) added.

The aro/ace identities are still different from the standard idea of heterosexuality. And while they might have faced less violence and discrimination, there's still some prejudice and misinformation around them. AKA, they fit in. They fit the brand. They're one of us.
    Last edited by Rift; 05-05-2023 at 02:08 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.