View Poll Results: Who is your favourite 616 Marvel LGBT character?

Voters
891. You may not vote on this poll
  • ANOLE [Victor Borkowski]

30 3.37%
  • BLING! [Roxanne ‘Roxy’ Washington]

12 1.35%
  • CULLEN BLOODSTONE

21 2.36%
  • DAKEN AKIHIRO

47 5.27%
  • HULKLING [Theodore ‘Teddy’ Altman]

49 5.50%
  • KARMA [Xi’an Coy Mahn]

49 5.50%
  • KAROLINA DEAN

47 5.27%
  • LOKI LAUFEYSON, God of Mischief

78 8.75%
  • MOONDRAGON [Heather Douglas]

46 5.16%
  • MYSTIQUE [Raven Darkholme]

134 15.04%
  • NORTHSTAR [Jean-Paul Beaubier]

69 7.74%
  • PRODIGY [David Alleyne]

26 2.92%
  • RICTOR [Julio Esteban Ricter]

47 5.27%
  • SHATTERSTAR [Gaveedra-7]

51 5.72%
  • WICCAN [William ‘Billy’ Kaplan], the Demiurge

185 20.76%
Page 1121 of 1132 FirstFirst ... 1216211021107111111117111811191120112111221123112411251131 ... LastLast
Results 16,801 to 16,815 of 16973

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    Could you drop some deets for me? I don't have the app RIP
    Issue one basically follows Karolina touring the Light Brigade's vessel and being introduced to the crew, while addressing her reasons for being there (needs treatment for power loss - previously outlined in Rowell's Runaways).
    She's got Nico's staff in tow, reminding readers of those details (why she has it, what the deal is with the male presenting visage within, etc) and we reunite with Xavin, the group's captain, who has rehabilitated the mission statement of the Brigade into one of rescue and relief. Basically, Xavin made them heroes.

Issue two revolves around the group responding to a threat in the form of an alien monster, so its largely fight, fight, fight (but in my humble opinion, poorly executed) and they uncover what appears to be lost Majesdenian refugees(?)

Astonishing Member

The Week In Gay:

There were 14 new books this week!

Deadpool #8 - Deadpool and Valentine are still being targeted for death. We sort-of get appearances by some of Wade's most popular same-sex 'shipping partners.

Silk #2 of 5 - Saya Ishii is back as our villain. Albert Moon has not yet been officially outed as gay in the 616 universe, but its likely and he plays a prominent role in this issue.

Storm #2 of 5 - miniseries set in the past, including a young Kitty Pryde.

Thor #35 - final issue of this volume. Loki and Runa both appear.

Heralds Of Apocalypse - "Before The Fall" one-shot focusing on Apocalypse and Genesis, setting up the Genesis War coming up in X-MEN RED. The story is split between present-day and flashbacks and the flashbacks include cameos by a very young Jon Ironfire and White Sword (who have not been explicitly confirmed as an item, but the subtext was thick in the last X-MEN RED).

For the digital comics...

Marvel's Voices Infinity Comic #59 - Karolina continues her adventures alongside Xavin, Goebig and the rest of the Light Brigade.

Looks like that's it for this week! If I missed anything, please chime in!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    Heralds Of Apocalypse - "Before The Fall" one-shot focusing on Apocalypse and Genesis, setting up the Genesis War coming up in X-MEN RED. The story is split between present-day and flashbacks and the flashbacks include cameos by a very young Jon Ironfire and White Sword (who have not been explicitly confirmed as an item, but the subtext was thick in the last X-MEN RED).
    I kinda want that to stay subtext, since the idea that White Sword somehow compels servitude from his hundred, and also boinks them, is sketchy AF.

It might even add a layer to White Sword to have him eschew intimate contact with his 'loving subjects,' because he doesn't feel like it's appropriate, even if they are all (slavishly) willing. given how much of the culture surrounding him is all about dominating others, oppressing others, the strong bullying the weak, etc. him making a choice *not* to behave like that, in this particular circumstance, might be part of what the other mutants are referring to when they say he's 'gone mad' since he's chosen eternal isolation (while surrounded by 'willing' partners) instead of just taking whatever he wants by force, as a right of the strongest, like pretty much everyone else in 'survival of the strongest' obsessed Amenth.

As for Jon Ironfire, I would love, love, love for him to meet Ororo and initially be all, 'meh, I don't know what the big deal is,' after being such a squeeing fanboy of hers in the Sins of Sinister timeline.

Astonishing Member

I can certainly see your concern about the power imbalances between White Sword and his followers--but I don't get the impression that he would be intimately involved with ALL of them. Just with Ironfire, whom he has a friendship with that predates him becoming the White Sword. In the flashback here we see them together when he's just Blue. IF Jon and White Sword are actually lovers, I think them having a relationship that predates their general/soldier relationship sidesteps your concerns.

And yes, it will definitely be interesting to see how Ironfire reacts to Storm in the present day. Presumably it will take her some time to earn the intense respect and devotion he had for her in the other timeline.
    Last edited by Dermie; 07-03-2023 at 10:20 PM. Reason: fixed a typo

Astonishing Member

Did Captain America 750 just outed Namor when he mention Roger Aubrey being Gorgeous in his funeral

Astonishing Member

I don't think it was intended as outing Namor as bisexual. Surely outing a long-time, big name character like Namor would be given a bit more weight than a one-panel reveal in a passing comment during the final issue of this creative team's run.

It was definitely an odd word choice to give Namor for that line, but in this context I don't think Namor was describing Roger physically -- I think it was describing him as a person. I've rarely heard "gorgeous" used that way by North Americans, but I have heard it from English people. Roger is of English background, so maybe Namor thought it was appropriate. I agree its definitely an odd word choice which made me raise an eyebrow too...but it just doesn't feel likely to me that this is how Marvel would choose to out someone as prominent as Namor.

BANNED

I don't think it was intended as outing Namor as bisexual. Surely outing a long-time, big name character like Namor would be given a bit more weight than a one-panel reveal in a passing comment during the final issue of this creative team's run.

It was definitely an odd word choice to give Namor for that line, but in this context I don't think Namor was describing Roger physically -- I think it was describing him as a person. I've rarely heard "gorgeous" used that way by North Americans, but I have heard it from English people. Roger is of English background, so maybe Namor thought it was appropriate. I agree its definitely an odd word choice which made me raise an eyebrow too...but it just doesn't feel likely to me that this is how Marvel would choose to out someone as prominent as Namor.
    Well, Iceman is quite prominent yet Marvel choose to have a teenaged Jean Grey tell Bobby he was gay, so...

Astonishing Member

Yes, which was a very big scene and a major focus of the issue. That is precisely my point. It is not a single sentence in a single panel in a scene about something else entirely.

Astonishing Member

The Week In Gay:

15 new books this week!

Captain America #750 - Roger Aubrey's funeral happens in this issue, and there are several cameos including Aaron Fischer. One of the back-up stories focuses on Steve's friendship with his gay best friend from childhood Arnie Roth.

X-23: Deadly Regenesis #5 of 5 - Haymaker is non-binary.

X-Men #24 - Iceman is on the team, and Destiny appears with some psychic predictions for "Fall Of X".

Sinister Four - "Before The Fall" one-shot. The original infant Billy and Tommy have a cameo as babies in a flashback.

And for the digital comics....

Marvel's Voices Infinity Comic #60 - Karolina's adventure with Xavin, Goebig and the rest of the Light Brigade continues.

As always, please let me know if I've overlooked anything!

Astonishing Member

The Week In Gay:

15 new books this week!

Fallen Friend: The Death Of Ms. Marvel - Zoe Zimmer, Viv Vision and Nadia Van Dyne were all among the mourners in this issue, and Viv in particular got a lot of attention.

Immortal X-Men #13 - Cypher is the spotlight character for this issue, but the various LGBT members of the Quiet Council are all included.

Loki #2 of 4

Moon Knight #25 - Frenchie/Jean-Paul DuChamp appears in flashback sequences.

Rogue & Gambit #5 of 5 - Destiny appears.

Scarlet Witch #6 - Wiccan and Hulkling guest star.

What If...? Dark Loki - one-shot What If story starring Loki

X-Force #43 - Deadpool appears.

X-Men: Days Of Future Past - Doomsday #1 of 5 - prequel mini to the classic "Days Of Future Past" storyline. Kitty Pryde and Rachel Summers appear.

As for the digital comics...

Cosmo The Spacedog Infinity Comic #6 - Star-Lord appears.

If there's anything I missed, please chime in!

Astonishing Member

Fallen Friend: The Death Of Ms. Marvel - Zoe Zimmer, Viv Vision and Nadia Van Dyne were all among the mourners in this issue, and Viv in particular got a lot of attention.
    The Viv bits are getting a lot of internet attention. It seems to be implying that Viv may not be a Lesbian like everyone's pretty much agreed on.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by PyroTwilight View Post
    The Viv bits are getting a lot of internet attention. It seems to be implying that Viv may not be a Lesbian like everyone's pretty much agreed on.
    Why do they think its implying that? The panel of a kiss between Amadeus and Viv is a flashback to the early CHAMPIONS days before Viv came out. It was a really weird thing to touch on in a memorial scene, but I don't see that its implying anything one way or the other about Viv's sexuality as it stands now.

That's not to say that Viv couldn't be bisexual; I just don't see anything in the scenes here that really have anything to do with her sexuality.

Astonishing Member

We'll be getting more Wiccan and Hulkling this October, written by Anthony Oliveira! They are appearing in a new CAPTAIN MARVEL one-shot!

https://www.gamesradar.com/carol-dan...sault-on-eden/

Astonishing Member

Why do they think its implying that? The panel of a kiss between Amadeus and Viv is a flashback to the early CHAMPIONS days before Viv came out. It was a really weird thing to touch on in a memorial scene, but I don't see that its implying anything one way or the other about Viv's sexuality as it stands now.

That's not to say that Viv couldn't be bisexual; I just don't see anything in the scenes here that really have anything to do with her sexuality.
    Well the whole thing while technically is Amadeus seemingly projecting/being angry over Kamala's death the issues story beats imply the only reason Viv concluded she didn't have any feelings for kissing Amadus/men in general in that original run was she had shut her emotions down (even more often than we were shown) something that's seemingly confirmed with Viv shutting her emotions down yet again in the story.

Astonishing Member

That seems like a stretch to me. She's been dealing with emotions for quite a while now, and developed romantic feelings for Riri and later started dating her current girlfriend CJ.

That's why that whole bit with her turning her emotions on for the memorial and Snowguard commenting that Viv was "with us in a way I've never felt" just seemed so weird and out of character to me. That just didn't ring true to me for who Viv has been in the last several years of stories. I like Mark Waid's writing usually, but in this case it felt like he forgot that the Champions have continued to exist after he stopped writing the book -- the characterizations just felt off. In Amadeus' case I can justify it since grief doesn't always bring out the best in people due to all the intense, raw emotion -- he was venting his pain as anger. But the portrayal of Viv just felt like it was significantly out of date; a throwback to who she was when the Champions first formed.