View Poll Results: Who is your favourite 616 Marvel LGBT character?

Voters
891. You may not vote on this poll
  • ANOLE [Victor Borkowski]

30 3.37%
  • BLING! [Roxanne ‘Roxy’ Washington]

12 1.35%
  • CULLEN BLOODSTONE

21 2.36%
  • DAKEN AKIHIRO

47 5.27%
  • HULKLING [Theodore ‘Teddy’ Altman]

49 5.50%
  • KARMA [Xi’an Coy Mahn]

49 5.50%
  • KAROLINA DEAN

47 5.27%
  • LOKI LAUFEYSON, God of Mischief

78 8.75%
  • MOONDRAGON [Heather Douglas]

46 5.16%
  • MYSTIQUE [Raven Darkholme]

134 15.04%
  • NORTHSTAR [Jean-Paul Beaubier]

69 7.74%
  • PRODIGY [David Alleyne]

26 2.92%
  • RICTOR [Julio Esteban Ricter]

47 5.27%
  • SHATTERSTAR [Gaveedra-7]

51 5.72%
  • WICCAN [William ‘Billy’ Kaplan], the Demiurge

185 20.76%
Page 1104 of 1132 FirstFirst ... 1046041004105410941100110111021103110411051106110711081114 ... LastLast
Results 16,546 to 16,560 of 16973
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Feels like he would be related to Carlie Cooper...
    Not impossible, but if that were the case then shouldn't his last name be Cooper rather than his first name?

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    Not impossible, but if that were the case then shouldn't his last name be Cooper rather than his first name?
    True, but the Cooper stands out .

Astonishing Member

The Week In Gay:

A.X.E. Starfox #1 - Eros gets his own one-shot tying in to the A.X.E. crossover. Its not really a critical piece in advancing the plot of the crossover but it is an excellent exploration of who Starfox is as a character.

A.X.E. X-Men #1 - the focus of this issue is Jean Grey, but Ajak and Makkari are both present.

Edge Of Spider-Verse #5 of 5 - this issue features the debut of Web-Weaver, a gay Spider-Man variant from another timeline. The gay male Silk of that timeline is also introduced...and is Cindy's brother Albert, whose 616 counterpart I have suspected might be gay on occasion.

Jane Foster & The Mighty Thor #5 of 5 - Runa is part of this miniseries.

Marauders #7 - in additional to the usual LGBT-heavy team, we also had an appearance by Christian Frost and introduced a few new mutant characters, some of whom may also be LGBT.

New Fantastic Four #5 of 5 - conclusion. Marlo Chandler has a brief appearance.

X-Men Unlimited Infinity Comic #55 - conclusion of the Hellfire Gala arc, including Bling!

As always, if I have missed anything please let us know!

Astonishing Member

The Week In Gay:

A.X.E. Death To The Mutants #3 of 3 - Ajak and Starfox appear in this.

A.X.E. Eternals #1 - Ajak is the spotlight character for this one-shot.

A.X.E. Iron Fist #1 - Loki co-stars in this one-shot.

Amazing Spider-Man #11 - Black Cat is a significant part of the supporting cast again.

Genis-Vell Captain Marvel #4 of 5 - Phyla, Jazinda and Marlo Chandler all appear.

Immortal X-Men #7 - A.X.E. tie-in. This issue is the Nightcrawler spotlight issue, but the various LGBT members of the Quiet Council also appear.

Wolverine #25 - Solem is teamed up with Wolverine. A.X.E. tie-in.

X-Force #32 - A.X.E. tie-in. Deadpool is part of the team, who are up against Kraven the Hunter, who is now hunting mutants.

Marvel's Voices Infinity Comic #20 - Viv Vision is part of this story.

Astonishing Member

The Week In Gay:

Avengers #61 - we get a brief appearance of another team of ancient past Avengers, which includes a female Black Panther and a female Atlantean Iron Fist who are lovers.

Crypt Of Shadows #1 - This Halloween anthology one-shot includes a story starring Victoria Montesi.

Defenders: Beyond #4 - in addition to the LGBT main cast members, Cloud also enters the story in this issue.

Midnight Suns #2 of 5 - Nico Minoru and Zoe Laveau are part of the cast.

Thor #28 - Loki appears

X-Force #33 - conclusion to the A.X.E. tie-in arc vs Kraven. Deadpool is part of the team.

X-Men #16 - Iceman is on the roster

Marvel's Voices Infinity Comic #21 - the Nova and Viv Vision arc continues.

Astonishing Member

The Week In Gay:

A.X.E. Judgement Day #6 - conclusion to the Judgment Day mini (but not the whole A.X.E. event).

Iron Cat #5 of 5 - conclusion.

New Mutants #31 - This issue is the beginning of Charlie Jane Anders arc starring the trans mutant Escapade who was introduced in this year's MARVEL'S VOICES: PRIDE issue, and there are several other LGBT characters appearing in this issue.

Strange Academy: Finals #1 - the new volume of STRANGE ACADEMY begins here, picking up where the last volume left off. Zoe Laveau and Dessy both appear in this issue.

Thunderbolts #3 - America Chavez is part of the roster, and her issues with her powers may be getting worse.

Wolverine #26 - Deadpool appears

X-Men Legends #3 - part 1 of a two parter by Ann Nocenti starring Longshot, set shortly after the original LONGSHOT miniseries. Kitty Pryde is one of the characters involved.

X-Terminators #2 of 5 - the LGBT members of the Quiet Council have non-speaking cameos in this issue.

Marvel's Voices Infinity Comic #22 - the Nova and Viv Vision arc continues.

Astonishing Member

The Week In Gay:

Deadpool #1 - first issue of the new ongoing by Alyssa Wong. Deadpool has a new non-binary love interest.

Marvel's Voices Infinity Comic #23 - The Nova arc guest starring Viv Vision continues.

That's it for confirmed material this week. Pretty slim pickings!

Guardians Of The Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind #1 - this one-shot is not set in 616 continuity, so this incarnation of Star-Lord may not be bisexual.

If I've missed anything, please let me know!

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

The Week In Gay:

Deadpool #1 - first issue of the new ongoing by Alyssa Wong. Deadpool has a new non-binary love interest.
    Well, I'm glad they're finally doing a queer romantic storyline with Deadpool that doesn't seem to be just a joke. He's probably the most successful queer character Marvel has, but it's easy to forget that considering how he's marketed most of the time.

Astonishing Member

Agreed. At least Wade's sexuality seems to be more or less accepted as a fact now in general fandom due to the success of the DEADPOOL movies and Ryan Reynolds repeatedly referring to Wade as bisexual in interviews and such, after so many years of certain fans trying to dismiss Deadpool's queerness as "just joking around". That resistance has more or less faded away.

Ultimate Member

Agreed. At least Wade's sexuality seems to be more or less accepted as a fact now in general fandom due to the success of the DEADPOOL movies and Ryan Reynolds repeatedly referring to Wade as bisexual in interviews and such, after so many years of certain fans trying to dismiss Deadpool's queerness as "just joking around". That resistance has more or less faded away.
    Resistance may have faded, but we're still lacking proof.

Talk is cheap, IMO

Astonishing Member

I suppose it depends on what one requires as "proof". The character has admitted to same-sex attractions on-panel. He has flirted with men on-panel. The DEADPOOL: THE END one-shot showed him on-panel in a sexual relationship with Iceman in a possible future.

We haven't had Wade himself specifically say "I am bi" or "I am pansexual" on-panel...although even if we did, I suppose some would still dismiss it as "just joking" despite the pile of on-panel supporting evidence and multiple writers providing "word of god" confirmation. We also haven't had Deadpool shown with an explicit boyfriend in present-day 616. Presumably that is the final line that needs to be crossed to settle it once and for all? (at which point the why-do-they-keep-turning-straight-characters-gay crowd can tag in....) sigh.

Thanks for doing these roundups every week! Have you considered posting the total number of comics that come out each week so we can see the proportion, or doing the same for the other letters in LGBT+?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Exuin View Post
    Thanks for doing these roundups every week! Have you considered posting the total number of comics that come out each week so we can see the proportion, or doing the same for the other letters in LGBT+?
    You're welcome; and thank you for the feedback. The "Week In Gay" posts were a tradition started by a former member of this message board years ago -- and after his departure I decided to step in and keep it going.

No, I hadn't considered including the total number of new Marvel issues released per week, but I suppose I could do so. It would be interesting to compare the totals.

I'm not sure what your last question is referring to with the other letters in LGBT+? I currently try to include all appearances I can find for any member of the LGBT+ community in Marvel's comics....it just tends to be mostly gay, lesbian and bisexual characters showing up these days, since Marvel doesn't have all that many trans, non-binary, asexual, etc, characters so far.

Incredible Member

You're welcome; and thank you for the feedback. The "Week In Gay" posts were a tradition started by a former member of this message board years ago -- and after his departure I decided to step in and keep it going.

No, I hadn't considered including the total number of new Marvel issues released per week, but I suppose I could do so. It would be interesting to compare the totals.

I'm not sure what your last question is referring to with the other letters in LGBT+? I currently try to include all appearances I can find for any member of the LGBT+ community in Marvel's comics....it just tends to be mostly gay, lesbian and bisexual characters showing up these days, since Marvel doesn't have all that many trans, non-binary, asexual, etc, characters so far.
    You are doing a fantastic job.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by kevinism View Post
    You are doing a fantastic job.
    Thank you kindly.