View Poll Results: Who is your favourite 616 Marvel LGBT character?

Voters
737. You may not vote on this poll
  • ANOLE [Victor Borkowski]

26 3.53%
  • BLING! [Roxanne ‘Roxy’ Washington]

12 1.63%
  • CULLEN BLOODSTONE

20 2.71%
  • DAKEN AKIHIRO

42 5.70%
  • HULKLING [Theodore ‘Teddy’ Altman]

35 4.75%
  • KARMA [Xi’an Coy Mahn]

40 5.43%
  • KAROLINA DEAN

43 5.83%
  • LOKI LAUFEYSON, God of Mischief

62 8.41%
  • MOONDRAGON [Heather Douglas]

38 5.16%
  • MYSTIQUE [Raven Darkholme]

108 14.65%
  • NORTHSTAR [Jean-Paul Beaubier]

60 8.14%
  • PRODIGY [David Alleyne]

21 2.85%
  • RICTOR [Julio Esteban Ricter]

36 4.88%
  • SHATTERSTAR [Gaveedra-7]

46 6.24%
  • WICCAN [William ‘Billy’ Kaplan], the Demiurge

148 20.08%
Page 959 of 966 FirstFirst ... 459859909949955956957958959960961962963 ... LastLast
Results 14,371 to 14,385 of 14490

I am so excited for LGBT Valkyrie who sounds like she's pretty much co-lead of Thor: Love and Thunder. Tessa pretty much confirmed that she's going to be finding her new queen.

It's actually really cool because I met her today as well!
    I like boys, comics, Disney, and traveling. // follow me @ itsnickmen
    “Have courage and be kind. Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.”
    Cinderella

Ultimate Member

So Valkyrie and Jane.

This makes MCU Valkyrie sound like Angela.

Hmm...

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    This makes MCU Valkyrie sound like Angela.

Hmm...
    I was expecting Angela to pop up as a Valkyrie love interest. The only reason she might not is that the "lost sibling" angle was just done.

Astonishing Member MasterOfMagnetism's Avatar

Looks like there's no gay character in Eternals, all that talk from Feige was about Valkyrie's love interest probably. Should've known there wasn't going to be any gay male characters in the MCU.

I really hope I'm wrong...
    But I had the terrible feeling of Valkyrie's love interest being a guy and them just making terrible jokes because the guy will be the 'Queen'...

Quote Originally Posted by scourge View Post
    I really hope I'm wrong...
    But I had the terrible feeling of Valkyrie's love interest being a guy and them just making terrible jokes because the guy will be the 'Queen'...
    Eww, God... I'm not expecting much though, it's still entirely possible that all that makes it on screen is some "hinting" about Valkyrie being bisexual but not actually showing it.

I want Marvel to push the envelope and have Valkyrie, Thor and Jane in a polyamorous relationship

In an interview with i09, Feige said that "Yes," the character will be involved in an LGBTQ storyline as she seeks out a queen to rule beside her over Asgard.

"The answer is yes," Feige said. "How that impacts the story remains to be seen with that level of representation you’ll see across our films, not in just Thor 4."
    https://www.newsarama.com/46194-yes-...e-thunder.html

Ok, good. Glad he's actually answering questions about this. I'm legitimately pleased for once and just got more hopeful. However he continues to be vague about what movie or what character will be LGBT aside from Valkyrie. We kinda already knew Valkyrie was gonna' be the first one, but who else?
    Last edited by MasterOfMagnetism; 07-20-2019 at 08:49 PM.

Idk about Eternals... Looking at the cast... Sorry, this may be superficial or even problematic but I don't want any of those guys to be the first (and probably only for quite a while) MCU gay guy. I want some hot eye candy worthy guy. And I just doubt they'll make Madden's Ikaris gay? I guess one of the girls would be cool. But it would be a little disappointing as the rumors were about a guy and we'll apparently have canon wlw Valkyrie already. Idk.

Brian Tyree Henry could get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Idk about Eternals... Looking at the cast... Sorry, this may be superficial or even problematic but I don't want any of those guys to be the first (and probably only for quite a while) MCU gay guy. I want some hot eye candy worthy guy. And I just doubt they'll make Madden's Ikaris gay? I guess one of the girls would be cool. But it would be a little disappointing as the rumors were about a guy and we'll apparently have canon wlw Valkyrie already. Idk.
    I know some people are going to assume that Ikaris might be gay because of the rumours around Richard Madden but I still highly doubt it. I think Ikaris is going to be the one token straight white guy so straight, white audiences will be comfortable seeing it.

When I was younger I felt the same way hoping the first gay male superhero would be some smoking hot beefcake dude but at this point I don't care. I am just so f***ing tired. I just want a gay male character.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by thefinalguy View Post
    I was expecting Angela to pop up as a Valkyrie love interest. The only reason she might not is that the "lost sibling" angle was just done.
    Angela being a love interest for Valkyrie almost sounds like a cool idea when you stop to think that that would probably leave Sera out of the equation, which is not cool not only for story reasons, but for representation reasons. Sera being a trans woman is really important.

IMO, they should go with Annabelle Riggs for Valkyrie. Introduce her as a scientific colleague of Jane Foster or something and there you go. Also: Ellen Page as Riggs. I can totally see it.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfMagnetism View Post
    Looks like there's no gay character in Eternals, all that talk from Feige was about Valkyrie's love interest probably. Should've known there wasn't going to be any gay male characters in the MCU.
    Did they say there was no gay character? Just because there wasn't an announcement, we shouldn't jump to the conclusion there won't be one. They didn't even announce a casting for Sersi, and I highly doubt she won't be in the movie. Also, they did announce a male asian actor as Gilgamesh, so maybe that was the gay character? I think we should wait for more info on the movie.

I'm.... actually super surprised Feige is being so open about this. He loves dodging questions, so I wouldn't expect him to straight-up confirm something like this so early. Let's hope he is a man of his word and not a queerbaiter.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfMagnetism View Post
    I know some people are going to assume that Ikaris might be gay because of the rumours around Richard Madden but I still highly doubt it. I think Ikaris is going to be the one token straight white guy so straight, white audiences will be comfortable seeing it.

When I was younger I felt the same way hoping the first gay male superhero would be some smoking hot beefcake dude but at this point I don't care. I am just so f***ing tired. I just want a gay male character.
    Yeah. Ikaris seems like the Star-Lord to The Eternals' Guardians of the Galaxy. Probably gonna be the defacto protagonist.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    Angela being a love interest for Valkyrie almost sounds like a cool idea when you stop to think that that would probably leave Sera out of the equation, which is not cool not only for story reasons, but for representation reasons. Sera being a trans woman is really important.
    I just thought:

MCU Valkyrie's name was never said.

Reveal that she's Sera.

Bring Angela as her queen.

Turn comics Sera into a Valkyrie now that Jane will be Thor in the MCU.

Happy MCU-Comics sinergy Serangela!!!

Yeah, would suck that Tessa isn't trans. And it's just never gonna happen... But I find it somewhat genius lol.
    Last edited by Wiccan; 07-20-2019 at 09:12 PM.