View Poll Results: Who is your favourite 616 Marvel LGBT character?

Voters
891. You may not vote on this poll
  • ANOLE [Victor Borkowski]

30 3.37%
  • BLING! [Roxanne ‘Roxy’ Washington]

12 1.35%
  • CULLEN BLOODSTONE

21 2.36%
  • DAKEN AKIHIRO

47 5.27%
  • HULKLING [Theodore ‘Teddy’ Altman]

49 5.50%
  • KARMA [Xi’an Coy Mahn]

49 5.50%
  • KAROLINA DEAN

47 5.27%
  • LOKI LAUFEYSON, God of Mischief

78 8.75%
  • MOONDRAGON [Heather Douglas]

46 5.16%
  • MYSTIQUE [Raven Darkholme]

134 15.04%
  • NORTHSTAR [Jean-Paul Beaubier]

69 7.74%
  • PRODIGY [David Alleyne]

26 2.92%
  • RICTOR [Julio Esteban Ricter]

47 5.27%
  • SHATTERSTAR [Gaveedra-7]

51 5.72%
  • WICCAN [William ‘Billy’ Kaplan], the Demiurge

185 20.76%
Page 1084 of 1132 FirstFirst ... 84584984103410741080108110821083108410851086108710881094 ... LastLast
Results 16,246 to 16,260 of 16971
    Astonishing Member

The Week In Gay:

Dark Ages #4 - there are a few LGBT+ characters who are appearing in this What If tale.

Death Of Dr. Strange Bloodstone #1 - Cullen Bloodstone co-stars in this one-shot, and has a rather significant development happen in it. Although this is only a one-shot, it feels like it could be a launching point for a follow up project with the Bloodstone siblings.

Hawkeye: Kate Bishop #3 of 5 - America Chavez has cameo by text message. It hints at a possible on-panel appearance by America (and Cassie) later in the mini.

Marauders #27 - series finale of the current volume, before the book relaunches under Steve Orlando.

Ms. Marvel: Beyond The Limit #2 of 5 - Loki appears in this, as well as supporting cast member Zoe Zimmer.

In the digital exclusive front there was X-Men Unlimited Infinity Comic #17 continuing the arc of Deadpool teaming up with Juggernaut and his allies from the JUGGERNAUT miniseries of last year.

There is also Eternals: the 500 Year War Infinity Comic #1-7.

Surprised to see GLAAD snub every Wiccan and Hulking related title and Hickman's Inferno event. It's a very DC-heavy list with 5 DC entries and GotG being the lone Marvel entry. Though it does underline how DC has more titles and minis with LGBTQ+ characters as the main star or stars than Marvel.

glaad.jpg

I feel like some of those are on the list because they had more media attention and buzz. I don't even like Wiccan (love Hulkling), but their stuff styled over some of these books.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Eye-rolling bajuszbetyár The Invincible Beawulf's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Surprised to see GLAAD snub every Wiccan and Hulking related title and Hickman's Inferno event. It's a very DC-heavy list with 5 DC entries and GotG being the lone Marvel entry. Though it does underline how DC has more titles and minis with LGBTQ+ characters as the main star or stars than Marvel.

glaad.jpg
    I'm very happy for GotG's nomination, it was one of the best comics from Marvel in recent years.
    BL and comics fan. 🌈 ----- For those saying BL is "pandering to fujos! Too girly! It's fetishization!!!" --> https://www.fujoshi.info/ (a website with academic resources on Queer Media Studies in Asia and LGBTQIA+ history)

The queer body has been used as a battleground, has been criminalized, ostracized, and many times erased from their own histories. -- Alesha Byrne (University of San Francisco)

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

glaad.jpg
    I get their Unlimited comic not being there because there was almost no hype around it at all, but the The Last Annihilation one-shot's absence is definitely weird. Emperor Hulkling got a nomination in 2020, so it being a one-shot isn't really an excuse. Maybe they just ran out of spots for a nomination and went with just GOTG because it was the more popular title. lol

glaad.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    I feel like some of those are on the list because they had more media attention and buzz. I don't even like Wiccan (love Hulkling), but their stuff styled over some of these books.
    Ohhh Um...Which title do you think shoulda been replaced?
    GrindrStone(D)

Superman Son of Kal El has been so lackluster Jon's coming out big media but the actual panel & continued "relationship" with Jay has given nothing much like the overall comic.

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Ohhh Um...Which title do you think shoulda been replaced?
    What Journey said. But then again, I'm not a fan of Tom Taylor's writing in general, so I'm biased. I also thought the Harley Quinn: TAS book was pretty bad; the writing was so awkward and dumb. It's a shame because I legit love Jon Kent, and like Harley Quinn's show.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

glaad.jpg
    To be fair, Al Ewing's Guardians of the Galaxy is a Wiccan and Hulkling related title.
    They were not members of the official team but they were strong supporting characters - the final six GOTG issues in 2021 featured them and they played big parts in The Last Annihilation, which was a GOTG event.

As for Inferno, I'm totally not surprised that it was not nominated.
    Despite many of his works being fan favorites, Hickman has always had a problem in the comic book awards circuit.
    Hickman has never won an Eisner, and has in fact only ever been nominated three times despite making comics for nearly two decades.
    To put that into perspective, even Jason Aaron has won an Eisner.

I believe Hickman's problem is similar to the problem Christopher Nolan faces with the Oscars - they make mechanical stories with little to no emotional element and this does not appeal to awards voters.

Astonishing Member

The Week In Gay:

Eternals #9

Strange Academy #15

X-Men Unlimited Infinity Comic #18 - The arc with Deadpool teaming up with Juggernaut and his Unstoppables continues.

Pretty slim this week for LGBT content!

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Superman Son of Kal El has been so lackluster Jon's coming out big media but the actual panel & continued "relationship" with Jay has given nothing much like the overall comic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    What Journey said. But then again, I'm not a fan of Tom Taylor's writing in general, so I'm biased. I also thought the Harley Quinn: TAS book was pretty bad; the writing was so awkward and dumb. It's a shame because I legit love Jon Kent, and like Harley Quinn's show.
    Yeaaaah the I forgot the Superman book super not familiar with buuut I'd think introducing the gay element into Supes universe itd be of bigger importance??
    GrindrStone(D)

Astonishing Member

The Week In Gay:

Amazing Spider-Man #87 - Black Cat has a major guest starring role in this issue (which was written by former BLACK CAT series writer Jed MacKay)

Marauders Annual #1 - Steve Orlando takes over the reigns of the Marauders here, and makes the book even gayer than it already was. 3 more LGBT members join the roster (including one who is officially confirmed as LGBT in the 616 for the first time here), in addition to Kate Pryde staying on. Iceman and Christian Frost get a fun little scene as well, and Bouncer comes out of limbo for a cameo appearance.

Mary Jane & Black Cat: Beyond - Black Cat co-stars in this one-shot special, teaming up with MJ for a special heist.

X Deaths Of Wolverine #1 - Mystique appears

On the digital-exclusive front we had X-Men Unlimited Infinity Comic #19 continuing the Deadpool and Juggernaut arc.

This was a much better week for LGBT character appearances!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    The Week In Gay:

Amazing Spider-Man #87 - Black Cat has a major guest starring role in this issue (which was written by former BLACK CAT series writer Jed MacKay)

Marauders Annual #1 - Steve Orlando takes over the reigns of the Marauders here, and makes the book even gayer than it already was. 3 more LGBT members join the roster (including one who is officially confirmed as LGBT in the 616 for the first time here), in addition to Kate Pryde staying on. Iceman and Christian Frost get a fun little scene as well, and Bouncer comes out of limbo for a cameo appearance.

Mary Jane & Black Cat: Beyond - Black Cat co-stars in this one-shot special, teaming up with MJ for a special heist.

X Deaths Of Wolverine #1 - Mystique appears

On the digital-exclusive front we had X-Men Unlimited Infinity Comic #19 continuing the Deadpool and Juggernaut arc.

This was a much better week for LGBT character appearances!
    I missed one!

X-Men #7 - Jumbo Carnation has an appearance, designing the uniform for Captain Krakoa.

Ultimate Member

Depending on where you live....

America Chavez's first figure from the upcoming Dr Strange movie is in stores (at least Wal-Mart) now.

Astonishing Member

The Week In Gay:

The Marvels #8 - Black Cat's particular skills come in handy in this issue. Most of this issue is focused on the origin story of the new Warbird (not LGBT, as far as we know).

Sabretooth #1 - Mystique appears.

X-Cellent #1 - Debut issue of Milligan and Allred's sequel series to X-STATIX. Vivisector is one of the original cast members who returns for the new series.

X-Men Legends #11 - Rictor appears in this New Mutants flashback story (but it takes place long before he came out of the closet).

On the digital-exclusive front there is X-Men Unlimited Infinity Comic #20 - the conclusion to the Deadpool/Juggernaut team-up arc.