View Poll Results: Who is your favourite 616 Marvel LGBT character?

Voters
889. You may not vote on this poll
  • ANOLE [Victor Borkowski]

30 3.37%
  • BLING! [Roxanne ‘Roxy’ Washington]

12 1.35%
  • CULLEN BLOODSTONE

21 2.36%
  • DAKEN AKIHIRO

47 5.29%
  • HULKLING [Theodore ‘Teddy’ Altman]

49 5.51%
  • KARMA [Xi’an Coy Mahn]

49 5.51%
  • KAROLINA DEAN

47 5.29%
  • LOKI LAUFEYSON, God of Mischief

77 8.66%
  • MOONDRAGON [Heather Douglas]

46 5.17%
  • MYSTIQUE [Raven Darkholme]

134 15.07%
  • NORTHSTAR [Jean-Paul Beaubier]

69 7.76%
  • PRODIGY [David Alleyne]

25 2.81%
  • RICTOR [Julio Esteban Ricter]

47 5.29%
  • SHATTERSTAR [Gaveedra-7]

51 5.74%
  • WICCAN [William ‘Billy’ Kaplan], the Demiurge

185 20.81%
Page 796 of 1130 FirstFirst ... 296696746786792793794795796797798799800806846896 ... LastLast
Results 11,926 to 11,940 of 16943

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    So it's more likely that if Wiccan and Speed are somehow genetically related to Wanda, they would have her High Evolutionary altered genetics and not an X-gene.
    I still think Wanda and Pietro's powers being due to some science experiment is complete Bull!! I mean Pietro's sure it's just superspeed so why not. But Wanda's!! Bitch Please Marvel, Bitch Please!!! Her powers just seem way to powerful for that. Marvel could have just made it completely magic related and I would have bought that. But nope they chose the Science Project trope. -_- No just No!!!

Which is why I believe Billy and Tommy's powers are either mutant or demonic related. I mean Billy literally becomes a god!!

Honestly though thinking about the twins and their origin is always just one giant ass headache. I wish Marvel would just give a straight answer on the subject.

Speaking of the twins does anyone else think we'll get them in Infinity War? I mean their like the only 2 Young Avengers who aren't around in the MCU. Cassie is there, Kate and Eli are definitely out there, Teddy is probably around somewhere too. I mean this is like the perfect time to set the grounds for a YA Movie.
    Last edited by Journey; 02-13-2018 at 05:33 PM.

You're right, Mutants don't need to be born from Mutant parents. But if their parent is superpowered and not a Mutant, and they inherit those powers exactly then they probably aren't a Mutant.

Like in MC2, Mayday Parker inherited Spider powers but was not an X-gene mutant. Same with her RYV counterpart Annie.
    Hulk's kids Skaar and Lyra weren't mutants.
    Spider-Woman's son Gerry, has her spider powers but afaik isn't a mutant.

So it's more likely that if Wiccan and Speed are somehow genetically related to Wanda, they would have her High Evolutionary altered genetics and not an X-gene.
    Uh Franklin Richards says Hello
    GrindrStone(D)

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

So when choosing to reincarnate her kids Wanda just warped these two random kids to make them look identical to each other. And gave them powers similar to her brother's and her own. And she made it so these powers wouldn't manifest until puberty like a mutant. But she wasn't tinkering with genetics at all? That just seems complicated.
    The woman was impregnated by shards of a demon's soul. It was a complicated story from the get go.

As for the powers' manifestation, we don't know if that was a rule. We never saw when or how Tommy's powers manifested for the first time, so we don't know if it happened just like with Billy. We don't even know if Billy's powers were triggered by puberty itself or something else. Remember how he interacted with Wanda for the first time ever shortly before his powers manifested? For all we know, THAT could've been a trigger, given their spiritual connection.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    I still think Wanda and Pietro's powers being due to some science experiment is complete Bull!! I mean Pietro's sure it's just superspeed so why not. But Wanda's!! Bitch Please Marvel, Bitch Please!!! Her powers just seem way to powerful for that. Marvel could have just made it completely magic related and I would have bought that. But nope they chose the Science Project trope. -_- No just No!!!

Which is why I believe Billy and Tommy's powers are either mutant or demonic related. I mean Billy literally becomes a god!!

Honestly though thinking about the twins and their origin is always just one giant ass headache. I wish Marvel would just give a straight answer on the subject.

Speaking of the twins does anyone else think we'll get them in Infinity War? I mean their like the only 2 Young Avengers who aren't around in the MCU. Cassie is there, Kate and Eli are definitely out there, Teddy is probably around somewhere too. I mean this is like the perfect time to set the grounds for a YA Movie.
    Magic is still a part of Wanda's origin. Chthon's connection to her wasn't retconned. And her solo book actually added MORE magic things to her origin.

As for the MCU, I think it's possible we might get something that resembles the baby twins story from the comics, yes. The relationship between Wanda and Vision, the ''humanization'' of Viz, the casting for the baby twins, the fact that we know the reality stone plays a part in the movie, the fact that it looks like the Russos might have borrowed ideas from Avengers Disassembled for the movies.... all of that, IMO, makes it very possible that we might get an adaption of that, as different from the comics as it may be. IF that happens, though, I don't think we're gonna see Billy Kaplan and Tommy Shepherd right away, but just the original babies, who might suffer a tragic end, and THAT is what will leave the door open to Wiccan and Speed in the future.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 02-13-2018 at 08:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Uh Franklin Richards says Hello
    Franklin doesn't have his parents' powers. He has a completely different powerset distinct from either parent, hence a mutation. And they've explicitly said he has an X-gene.
    That hasn't been confirmed for Wiccan and Speed either way.

Franklin doesn't have his parents' powers. He has a completely different powerset distinct from either parent, hence a mutation. And they've explicitly said he has an X-gene.
    That hasn't been confirmed for Wiccan and Speed either way.
    I see what you're saying I read as superpowered flatscans can't have Mutant children
    GrindrStone(D)

I would looooooooove to see a story with Billy and Tommy developing a stronger connection, and giving readers an exploration of Tommy's past. We've gotten Billy's. We need Tommy's.

I feel like at this point this has become too much of a YA thread lol.

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Don't know if this was mentioned, but as well as Wiccan and Hulkling returning to Lego form in Marvel Superheroes 2, Koi Boy is in the game, and plays a decent sized role in two side missions (alongside Chipmunk Hunk, of course)
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Astonishing Member MasterOfMagnetism's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post
    Don't know if this was mentioned, but as well as Wiccan and Hulkling returning to Lego form in Marvel Superheroes 2, Koi Boy is in the game, and plays a decent sized role in two side missions (alongside Chipmunk Hunk, of course)
    I'm honestly surprised to hear that a trans character is in a Marvel video-game, even if it is a really obscure character in a LEGO game, that's nice.

Whether Wiccan and Speed are mutants or not depends on what their origin actually is and whether they are actually genetically related to Wanda.

At the moment I believe the explanation is that they are the souls of Wanda and Vision's twins, sent back in time and born to regular humans. But that doesn't explain why Billy and Tommy are identical to each other or why Magneto seemed to believe they shared a physical resemblance to a younger Wanda and Pietro. There has to be a genetic component to their relationship to Wanda.
    And if there is a genetic component, say Wanda's DNA overrode the genetics of the Kaplans and Shepherds when their souls were reincarnated there, then their mutant status would depend on if Wanda and Pietro have the X-gene or not (which is up in the air at best)

Personally I think Wanda unwittingly created Billy and Tommy at the height of her power, retrieved their souls from wherever they were, altered memories and gave them the normal lives and families she never could. And if that's the case then she would have created them when she thought she was a mutant so she could have made them with the X-gene.

The way Xavin has been portrayed may be problematic but ignoring the character and sweeping them under the rug doesn't fix that.
    Xavin initially took a female form for Karolina's sake, but they learned something about themself in the process. Xavin enjoyed being a woman with Karolina, and they may not have discovered that part of themself without her. It's messy and it's not the ideal portrayal of a genderqueer character. But there's potential there for an interesting story analogous to someone needing an outside push to start exploring their gender identity.

And frankly I'm not crazy about Julie and Karolina's relationship since we've been told it's a good relationship more than shown. It feels very shallow. They've held hands and kissed while flying a few times, wow.

Like I said, I want Xavin’s story to be resolved. Xavin should be rescued. But I really don’t want to see Xavin and Karolina back together. Never liked how Karolina’s partner casually turns into a man while they’re together and the other problematic issues that surround Xavin’s character.

Besides, Karolina has moved on. I’m sure she still cares about Xavin but I doubt it’s enough to drop Julie over.

Julie and Karolina have rarely shown up in comics since they got together so we haven’t gotten to see their relationship. But that’s coming soon. And frankly I think it has a lot more potential than what we’ve already seen between Karolina and Xavin.

Quote Originally Posted by Beaubier View Post
    Like I said, I want Xavin’s story to be resolved. Xavin should be rescued. But I really don’t want to see Xavin and Karolina back together. Never liked how Karolina’s partner casually turns into a man while they’re together and the other problematic issues that surround Xavin’s character.

Besides, Karolina has moved on. I’m sure she still cares about Xavin but I doubt it’s enough to drop Julie over.

Julie and Karolina have rarely shown up in comics since they got together so we haven’t gotten to see their relationship. But that’s coming soon. And frankly I think it has a lot more potential than what we’ve already seen between Karolina and Xavin.
    Xavin spending time as a man didn't seem to bother Karolina. And I said it before but exploring the character further can help make Xavin less problematic. You're acting like it's unthinkable for a woman to be in a relationship with someone genderfluid, who is sometimes a man, and still personally identify as a lesbian.

The only interesting potential storyline I can think of for Karolina and Julie is that they might argue over Karolina dropping out of school to live in a hovel with her childhood friends. But nothing specifically interesting about them or their relationship that doesn't have to do with spectre of Nico and/or Xavin.

Xavin spending time as a man didn't seem to bother Karolina. And I said it before but exploring the character further can help make Xavin less problematic. You're acting like it's unthinkable for a woman to be in a relationship with someone genderfluid, who is sometimes a man, and still personally identify as a lesbian.

The only interesting potential storyline I can think of for Karolina and Julie is that they might argue over Karolina dropping out of school to live in a hovel with her childhood friends. But nothing specifically interesting about them or their relationship that doesn't have to do with spectre of Nico and/or Xavin.

We’ve barely had any opportunities to see Julie and Karolina together yet. So I think it’s a little premature to judge if they’re going to have interesting stories together or not.

Secondly, there’s a big difference between a gender fluid person and a shape shifting alien who comes from a culture that has no concept of gender. If Xavin is supposed to represent gender fluid people (which I’m not so sure was ever the intent of the writers) it was never handled well.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I feel like at this point this has become too much of a YA thread lol.
    As long as we're discussing LGBTQ characters, and there's not shortage of them in the YA franchise, fine by me. Plus, it's good to see this thread being active.

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post
    Now that's a surprise! Is this the first time we get a trans character in a Marvel game? If so, that's really awesome. Gotta love how Squirrel Girl got so popular that even her obscure supporting cast is getting some recognition now.

Quote Originally Posted by Beaubier View Post
    We’ve barely had any opportunities to see Julie and Karolina together yet. So I think it’s a little premature to judge if they’re going to have interesting stories together or not.

Secondly, there’s a big difference between a gender fluid person and a shape shifting alien who comes from a culture that has no concept of gender. If Xavin is supposed to represent gender fluid people (which I’m not so sure was ever the intent of the writers) it was never handled well.
    I honestly don't see anything interesting about Julie and Karolina together, I really want to know why you seem to think they have so much storytelling potential. They seem nice but very bland. The most interesting thing I can think is that they look like one of those couples of gay men who are so narcissistic that they specifically seek out a partner who looks exactly like them, but I doubt any writer would ever go there.

And the skrulls as a race do have a concept of gender, almost every other skrull character (Kl'rt, Lyja, Anelle, Paibok, Emperor Dorrek, Jazinda, Veranke) has a single gender that they identify with and usually express themselves as. They may not have the same rigid gender roles that humans have. And I don't know how many times I'll have to say this but just because it wasn't handled perfectly in in the past doesn't mean that it can't be handled well in in the future, there is an opportunity with Xavin to do better.

Was there this much discourse and pushback about Loki when Ewing said he would be written as genderfluid in Agent of Asgard? Because Loki is also a shapeshifter

So Christina Strain confirmed on Twitter that Bling! and Mercury are still dating. Apparently, they spent Valentine's Day dominating at laser tag.

Nate and Ben also had a date. And it sounds adorable, even if Nate pirated a movie (gasp!).