View Poll Results: Who is your favourite 616 Marvel LGBT character?

Voters
891. You may not vote on this poll
  • ANOLE [Victor Borkowski]

30 3.37%
  • BLING! [Roxanne ‘Roxy’ Washington]

12 1.35%
  • CULLEN BLOODSTONE

21 2.36%
  • DAKEN AKIHIRO

47 5.27%
  • HULKLING [Theodore ‘Teddy’ Altman]

49 5.50%
  • KARMA [Xi’an Coy Mahn]

49 5.50%
  • KAROLINA DEAN

47 5.27%
  • LOKI LAUFEYSON, God of Mischief

78 8.75%
  • MOONDRAGON [Heather Douglas]

46 5.16%
  • MYSTIQUE [Raven Darkholme]

134 15.04%
  • NORTHSTAR [Jean-Paul Beaubier]

69 7.74%
  • PRODIGY [David Alleyne]

26 2.92%
  • RICTOR [Julio Esteban Ricter]

47 5.27%
  • SHATTERSTAR [Gaveedra-7]

51 5.72%
  • WICCAN [William ‘Billy’ Kaplan], the Demiurge

185 20.76%
Page 978 of 1132 FirstFirst ... 47887892896897497597697797897998098198298810281078 ... LastLast
Results 14,656 to 14,670 of 16972

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post

Black Cat #7
    Um, pretty sure it's Black Cat #5

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by djoki96 View Post
    Um, pretty sure it's Black Cat #5
    Yes, you're correct! Whoops. Thanks for catching that typo.

Fixed now.

Yes, you're correct! Whoops. Thanks for catching that typo.

Fixed now.
    Anyway, next issue synopsis says she's going on a real date this time so... Tentatively hopeful? Considering the writer said he's familiar with Kevin Smith's run.
    Last edited by djoki96; 10-06-2019 at 08:53 AM.

So.....prominent trans characters when? It’s been wayyy too long for there not to be at least ten offhand.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    So.....prominent trans characters when? It’s been wayyy too long for there not to be at least ten offhand.
    Unfortunately the only I can think of is Sera, off-hand. And she’s been Limbo’d so often I even had to think about her. As much as it’s great to have a host of different sexualities and such in comics but it’s still not overly diverse. Most characters are still white and cis-gendered.

Yeah. The only other two I can remember are Koi Boy and the Trans Moloid from Future Foundation, who aren't exactly prominent. On the other hand, we have Loki and Xavin as pretty prominent examples of gender-fluid heroes, but Loki is barely ever acknowledged as such, and Xavin has been missing for years. So yeah, a lot of work to do on that front.

is Prettyboy of the Reavers canonically gay? it feels like a recent development. but i could be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Ticomat View Post
    Yeah. The only other two I can remember are Koi Boy and the Trans Moloid from Future Foundation, who aren't exactly prominent. On the other hand, we have Loki and Xavin as pretty prominent examples of gender-fluid heroes, but Loki is barely ever acknowledged as such, and Xavin has been missing for years. So yeah, a lot of work to do on that front.
    Betcha that Xavin is coming back soon, since they debuted in a MCU tv show.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    is Prettyboy of the Reavers canonically gay? it feels like a recent development. but i could be wrong.
    I wondered that myself. In Rosenberg's ASTONISHING X-MEN run Prettyboy made some remark about dreaming he was married to Tom Cruise, which certainly sounded like he was gay. But I have no idea if that was ever established before or referenced again since.

And since Julie dumped Karolina, it’s the next feasible hiccup in Karolina and Nico’s relationship. The grand return of her previously betrothed.

I wondered that myself. In Rosenberg's ASTONISHING X-MEN run Prettyboy made some remark about dreaming he was married to Tom Cruise, which certainly sounded like he was gay. But I have no idea if that was ever established before or referenced again since.
    We might never know. Pierce was the only Reaver to have a romantic interest. And Prettyboy never got his damage repaired. He used to “seduce” every woman he encountered. But that was when he still had flesh. He was a little like Daken; flirty for sport.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Just saw this on Twitter and it made me laugh. I wonder who Jen was talking about here...

You'd think that happen under the current Runaways title, right? But I don't know with Rainbow Rowell. She's had 20+ issues to write, used every other member of the team, continued all previous plot points from other books, introduced new members for the team and STILL left Xavin out. At this point she's either holding that back for the great finale or she simply doesn't want to use the character for whatever reason, and I think the latter is most likely, unfortunately.

Right now I'm hoping Xavin might pop up in whatever upcoming cosmic story it looks like Hulkling's having, since it seems like it might involve the Kree/Skrull conflict. It would be nice if Teddy was the one to save them (assuming they're still being held captive, who knows, it's been ten freaking years).

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    Just saw this on Twitter and it made me laugh. I wonder who Jen was talking about here...

At the time I think PAD was probably assuming Jen was referring to some of her civilian friends. After all, Jen would have friends from before she ever became She-Hulk. However, it could retroactively also be referring to some of her friends and teammates who have been later established to be bi, like Hercules and Starfox.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    You'd think that happen under the current Runaways title, right? But I don't know with Rainbow Rowell. She's had 20+ issues to write, used every other member of the team, continued all previous plot points from other books, introduced new members for the team and STILL left Xavin out. At this point she's either holding that back for the great finale or she simply doesn't want to use the character for whatever reason, and I think the latter is most likely, unfortunately.
    She may have just not gotten to Xavin yet - as you say, she's been busy telling stories with all those other characters. And last we knew Xavin was being taken off into deep space by aliens -- and cosmic adventures are not exactly in the Runaways regular wheelhouse. So dealing with Xavin's story would be a special storyline for the team.

Ultimate Member

She may have just not gotten to Xavin yet - as you say, she's been busy telling stories with all those other characters. And last we knew Xavin was being taken off into deep space by aliens -- and cosmic adventures are not exactly in the Runaways regular wheelhouse. So dealing with Xavin's story would be a special storyline for the team.
    *If* there is some storyline meant to be told about Xavin's departure, however long from now, I think I'd rather wait for it than have Rowell just skip it entirely to bring him back to hang out storyless with the other Runaways out of sheer nostalgia.

And yeah, tying it to the possible upcoming Hulkling 'King of Space' bit could be fun. Two prominent Skrulls, two prominent teen LGBT characters, they have a surprising amount in common, for being completely independently created.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    *If* there is some storyline meant to be told about Xavin's departure, however long from now, I think I'd rather wait for it than have Rowell just skip it entirely to bring him back to hang out storyless with the other Runaways out of sheer nostalgia.

And yeah, tying it to the possible upcoming Hulkling 'King of Space' bit could be fun. Two prominent Skrulls, two prominent teen LGBT characters, they have a surprising amount in common, for being completely independently created.
    There was a one-shot during the first Civil War that had Iron Man's musings on the various parties involved where he made the same observation about the Young Avengers and the Runaways as a whole.
    #EmmaWasRight