View Poll Results: Who is your favourite 616 Marvel LGBT character?

Voters
891. You may not vote on this poll
  • ANOLE [Victor Borkowski]

30 3.37%
  • BLING! [Roxanne ‘Roxy’ Washington]

12 1.35%
  • CULLEN BLOODSTONE

21 2.36%
  • DAKEN AKIHIRO

47 5.27%
  • HULKLING [Theodore ‘Teddy’ Altman]

49 5.50%
  • KARMA [Xi’an Coy Mahn]

49 5.50%
  • KAROLINA DEAN

47 5.27%
  • LOKI LAUFEYSON, God of Mischief

78 8.75%
  • MOONDRAGON [Heather Douglas]

46 5.16%
  • MYSTIQUE [Raven Darkholme]

134 15.04%
  • NORTHSTAR [Jean-Paul Beaubier]

69 7.74%
  • PRODIGY [David Alleyne]

26 2.92%
  • RICTOR [Julio Esteban Ricter]

47 5.27%
  • SHATTERSTAR [Gaveedra-7]

51 5.72%
  • WICCAN [William ‘Billy’ Kaplan], the Demiurge

185 20.76%
Page 960 of 1132 FirstFirst ... 46086091095095695795895996096196296396497010101060 ... LastLast
Results 14,386 to 14,400 of 16972
    Ultimate Member

Carol/Valkyrie would be amazing as a couple, but I'm not getting my hopes up on that one. Hey what's Sif up to these days, hmm.

Astonishing Member MasterOfMagnetism's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    Well, what did I say? Feige was asked about this by Collider and he confirmed not only Valkyrie, but that a character from Eternals will be queer. I'm happy with how blunt he's being about this.

Now let's just wait and see. Maybe it's someone who hasn't been announced. Maybe it's someone who's been announced already and we simply don't know. Either way, the fact that we're reportedly getting a queer character in the MCU next year is pretty exciting!
    Finally! Very glad to hear this, thanks for the link.

Also given the hinting online that I mentioned earlier I'm now assuming that Phastos is the gay character, but we'll have to wait for confirmation on who it is. I know some people are assuming that there might be more Eternals characters to be revealed because Angelina Jolie is playing Thena and not Sersi, but I think Sersi might simply not be in this movie. It's possible that this first Eternals movie will set Sersi up to be in later Avengers movies, but again we'll have to wait and see.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    It is superficial, but I can't really blame you 'cause I can't deny I've been low-key hoping Ikaris would turn out to be queer after Richard Madden was attached to the character, LOL. And yeah, it sounds unlikely given the fact that he is probably the leading guy, but who knows, considering Marvel seemed interested in the idea of casting actual queer people to play queer roles in the movie, maybe there was a reason behind Madden's casting. Not saying he's not talented, obviously, but if they can score some extra points by hiring queer actors, it's not a loss for them either.
    Equally superficial rebuttal: Since when is Don Lee/Ma Dong-seok not eye-candy? You fellas need to watch "Bad Guys".
    Last edited by Anduinel; 07-22-2019 at 12:04 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Silvermoth View Post
    Gee imagine how bad it would be if they finally cast a gay person as a super powered person and it turned out to be a deviant. Of all the names and of all the groups
    And, what would be wrong with that?

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfMagnetism View Post
    Finally! Very glad to hear this, thanks for the link.

Also given the hinting online that I mentioned earlier I'm now assuming that Phastos is the gay character, but we'll have to wait for confirmation on who it is. I know some people are assuming that there might be more Eternals characters to be revealed because Angelina Jolie is playing Thena and not Sersi, but I think Sersi might simply not be in this movie. It's possible that this first Eternals movie will set Sersi up to be in later Avengers movies, but again we'll have to wait and see.
    Wasn’t it mentioned in earlier reports that one of the key themes would be a relationship between Ikaris and Sersi? It’s just as likely they’re holding her casting announcement until D23 next month.

Chris, Tessa and Natalie haven’t seen the script yet but presumably she’s been made aware of a love interest. I’m hoping for Annabelle.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Carol/Valkyrie would be amazing as a couple, but I'm not getting my hopes up on that one. Hey what's Sif up to these days, hmm.
    Carol/Valkyrie sounds like the next Bucky/Steve ship of the MCU, as in, crazy popular in some parts of the fandom, but it'll never be official 'cause it would be too much of a risk.

Quote Originally Posted by Shreene View Post
    There are some unfortunate real life connotations when it comes to queer people being called ''deviants''. Not to mention that there is a long history of deviant villains being queer-coded in fiction. Obviously, queer people should be allowed to be villains and bad people too, but considering Marvel itself has a bad history with this (the only openly queer people we saw in old comics during the Comics Code Authority era were literally a few men who tried to rape Bruce Banner and an old guy who tried to molest Peter Parker), I can understand the importance of making the first LGBTQ impression of the MCU a more positive one.

Quote Originally Posted by Husk View Post
    Wasn’t it mentioned in earlier reports that one of the key themes would be a relationship between Ikaris and Sersi? It’s just as likely they’re holding her casting announcement until D23 next month.
    I also think Sersi is yet to be announced, but I'm starting to question if the report about her and Ikaris being an item is accurate. After all, there were some mistakes, like reports of Jolie being Sersi, or reports of Millie Bobbie Brown being cast. And you know, I was thinking on how, in the comics, Sersi was more romantically involved with Makkari instead, and how Makkari was genderswapped in the MCU. If they play this by the book, we could end up with a lesbian Sersi/Makkari couple. Well, assuming Sersi's gonna be female, after all. They've changed so much already. lol

I’m hoping for Annabelle.
    Yes, another one for the Brunbelle team! I really think Annabelle could be a fun character for Taika to use. I would love if they played with the concept of them sharing the same body. Like, some freaky stuff happens and they create some deep bond with each other afterwards. I think it could be funny and romantic.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 07-22-2019 at 12:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Husk View Post

Chris, Tessa and Natalie haven’t seen the script yet but presumably she’s been made aware of a love interest. I’m hoping for Annabelle.
    A lot of the early info on this movie turned out to be inaccurate though, so I don't know how much validity to put in them. But like I said, we just have to wait and see.

Quote Originally Posted by Shreene View Post
    Historically the people who have hated us called us deviants. Some still do

Don't want Annabelle or Angela as Valkyrie's love interest. Don't care for either one. Give me a Valkyrie/Sif pairing.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Idk about Eternals... Looking at the cast... Sorry, this may be superficial or even problematic but I don't want any of those guys to be the first (and probably only for quite a while) MCU gay guy. I want some hot eye candy worthy guy. And I just doubt they'll make Madden's Ikaris gay? I guess one of the girls would be cool. But it would be a little disappointing as the rumors were about a guy and we'll apparently have canon wlw Valkyrie already. Idk.
    I'll join in on being superficial.
    In a giant multi-movie franchise where 90% of the cast are built like athletes, I'd be a bit annoyed if the first male gay character isn't a ripped hunk. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Silvermoth View Post
    Historically the people who have hated us called us deviants. Some still do
    Historically the people who have hated us have more commonly called us another name that freely gets bandied about by people who don't even identify as gay.
    Personally I'd rather identify as a deviant (especially in a post-Detroit: Become Human world) than as the Q-word.
    Last edited by NexusTenebrare; 07-22-2019 at 10:40 AM.
    #EmmaWasRight

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

The more I see about Eternals, the more I feel like this is going to be the movie that flops (yeah, yeah, I know). I've already seen people starting to point at it and call it the diversity hire cast, and talking about virtue signalling and the rest. That isn't helped by the cast all actively making any story a total back issue to how happy they are with the diverse cast. Diversity is important, and we definitely need more of it in the MCU...but it also should be second to the story of the film, not THE story of the film.

While I am sure Marvel will do something great with it, and frankly with that cast, it should be really well acted even if it does flop, I just dont feel The Eternals as remotely interesting or franchise'y.

I dont, yet, see the point of them.

Also, going to echo the superficial grumbling that if Phastos is the gay character, it's definitely not who I would have wanted to see. I was hoping for Makkari to a) be in the movie and b) be the gay one. But no, gender bending means I can't have that. Again, I'm sure it's a great casting call, but again, meh. It doesnt interest me.

Just not feeling this one at all.

I feel like I'm being so negative, but yeah, I just can't find anything here to excite me outside of being a fan of some of the actors.

Quote Originally Posted by NexusTenebrare View Post
    Personally I'd rather identify as a deviant (especially in a post-Detroit: Become Human world) than as the Q-word.
    Not sure about that, but love more support for my mini crusade to point out that not everyone is happy with that word being so freely used as a catch all!
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post
    The more I see about Eternals, the more I feel like this is going to be the movie that flops (yeah, yeah, I know). I've already seen people starting to point at it and call it the diversity hire cast, and talking about virtue signalling and the rest.
    That was literally the online narrative about Captain Marvel and then it made a billion dollars. And Black Panther, which was an even bigger hit. That's the thing about the Comicsgate crowd and all that nonsense: your average person with their head on their shoulders isn't actually all that outraged about those damn minorities ruining movies for them. The internet just amplifies the most toxic voices.

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    That was literally the online narrative about Captain Marvel and then it made a billion dollars. And Black Panther, which was an even bigger hit. That's the thing about the Comicsgate crowd and all that nonsense: your average person with their head on their shoulders isn't actually all that outraged about those damn minorities ruining movies for them. The internet just amplifies the most toxic voices.
    This is true, but with those is never felt like it was the case, it felt like people moaning just because. Here....I kinda am feeling it. Which makes me feel dirty.
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Astonishing Member

The Week In Gay:

Age Of X-Man: Omega - the conclusion to the whole "Age Of X-Man" storyline, with several LGBT X-Men making appearances.

Deadpool #15 - This appears to be the final issue of Deadpool's solo book for the moment, which is rather surprising. Wade has been starring in at least 2 books a month for years now; it is weird to think of him not having a book of his own again.

Loki #1

Uncanny X-Men #22 - the conclusion of the current series, before Hickman's revamp and relaunch of the entire X-line.

Unstoppable Wasp #10 - sadly, the end to this excellent series. It ties up a number of loose ends but also sets up some interesting new status quos for Nadia and the other members of G.I.R.L. for whenever they turn up again.

X-Force #10 - Shatterstar is part of the cast

There was a rumour on 4chan that got posted on reddit and has now resurfaced on reddit after comic-con,claiming some info about The Eternals. It said that Marvel was considering casting a gender-bent Sersi so that the central romance with Ikaris would be a gay romance. Some people were saying that might be true and that the other gender-bending going on in the cast is to balance Sersi being male. I remain highly skeptical though, a central gay romance in the film sounds way too good to be true. Marvel doesn't have the courage for that.

The rumour also claimed that Hercules and Eros/Starfox would be a part of the central cast, but that sounds like way too many gay and bi characters in one movie for Marvel to handle.

It also claimed that Druig would be the villain and Gilgamesh wasn't mentioned at all. I thought Gilgamesh was said to be the villain in this movie at comic-con, or am I mistaken?

Update: I am spending way too much time scouring the internet for any sliver of info I can find that even hints at who the gay character might be, lol. I'm seeing people say that not all of the roles have been cast yet and that they'll be more characters revealed in August at D23, but Marvel hasn't confirmed that. Other people have said that it seemed like that was the full Eternals cast reveal, despite no Sersi or Druig. It's no fun having to wait for Marvel to confirm any of this.

At least we know for sure there will be an LGBT character in the film, but I remain doubtful that it'll be a significant role. The cast already seems large enough as is, without adding even more characters to it.

I also saw that the guy who broke the news that Marvel was looking to cast a gay character in The Eternals said he thinks the gay character has already been revealed but he didn't say who he thinks it is.
    Last edited by MasterOfMagnetism; 07-23-2019 at 05:57 AM.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Wasn't the original rumor that Conrad Ricamora was playing Eros? Even if the casting fell through, I feel like that hints fairly well at Eros being in the film.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey