View Poll Results: Who is your favourite 616 Marvel LGBT character?

Voters
731. You may not vote on this poll
  • ANOLE [Victor Borkowski]

26 3.56%
  • BLING! [Roxanne ‘Roxy’ Washington]

12 1.64%
  • CULLEN BLOODSTONE

20 2.74%
  • DAKEN AKIHIRO

42 5.75%
  • HULKLING [Theodore ‘Teddy’ Altman]

35 4.79%
  • KARMA [Xi’an Coy Mahn]

38 5.20%
  • KAROLINA DEAN

43 5.88%
  • LOKI LAUFEYSON, God of Mischief

62 8.48%
  • MOONDRAGON [Heather Douglas]

38 5.20%
  • MYSTIQUE [Raven Darkholme]

107 14.64%
  • NORTHSTAR [Jean-Paul Beaubier]

59 8.07%
  • PRODIGY [David Alleyne]

21 2.87%
  • RICTOR [Julio Esteban Ricter]

35 4.79%
  • SHATTERSTAR [Gaveedra-7]

45 6.16%
  • WICCAN [William ‘Billy’ Kaplan], the Demiurge

148 20.25%
Page 952 of 958 FirstFirst ... 452852902942948949950951952953954955956 ... LastLast
Results 14,266 to 14,280 of 14368
    Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

That variant cover for Marvel Comics #1000 got updated and they added the JP/Kyle wedding kiss:

Quote Originally Posted by Ticomat View Post
    Attachment 83313

I love that Billy is in a new book, but since when is he a ruthless guy that does jobs other heroes can't do?
    Ever since Tini Howard decided she just wanted to have him in the book because she likes him, probably.

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    I wonder if it isn't just solicits being misleading. It could easily just be a team that fights eldritch horrors or whatnot.
    Yeah, there might be some exaggeration going on there. If the team is going up against mystical threats like it's implied, it makes sense that Billy would be there. His powers could be useful.

Anyway, it just occurred to me: Billy and Angela interacting! I'm curious to see how that's going to be. I wonder what his thoughts on her are, considering he used to be a Thor fanboy.

Quote Originally Posted by Ticomat View Post
    Attachment 83313

I love that Billy is in a new book, but since when is he a ruthless guy that does jobs other heroes can't do?
    Somebody proposed that this team's formation may have been spurred by the War of Realms event. Supernatural threats and such. So, with that in mind (potentially, anyway) we'd have to consider the threats. I mean, "ruthless" response to, say -- an army of undead or savage demon beasts hellbent on ravaging a city or something of that nature -- then I say faster pussycat, kill kill. Then again, with Billy's powerset -- maybe he'll be exploring less lethal solutions to resolving these threats. Maybe he purges souls of evil? Maybe he turns demon dogs into fluffy pups? Who knows. Eager to find out. Nervous too.

Cullen Bloodstone and Striker

loveislovemarveldchighres.jpg
    https://twitter.com/LucianoVecchio/s...30268493172737
    Quote Originally Posted by Luciano Vecchio
    Happy and Empowering #Pridemonth, everyone! Here's a FREE high res file of this piece if you want to download and print it for personal use: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Pu...AlJkCn5p73YAW_

Also I need help to update it. Which LGBTQ+ characters have been outed or introduced in the last two years? #pride
    Nice piece I saw on Jamie McKelvie's timeline.

Ooh, I was actually looking for a high resolution version of this art, so thanks for sharing his tweet!

And cool that he wants to update it with recently outed characters. Nico should definitely be added on the Marvel side.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 06-14-2019 at 11:43 AM.

Spectacular Member

I don't understand why Wonder Woman is there.

Quote Originally Posted by Shreene View Post
    I don't understand why Wonder Woman is there.
    Well, she has been outed as queer by one of her writers in recent times, but her inclusion as ''the face'' of DC's LGBTQ characters could be argued as problematic, due to the queerbaiting nature of how she is represented (tell but not show). I mean, if Deadpool was ''the face'' of Marvel's LGBTQ characters, I'd have my issues with that as well. My guess is that the artist really liked her and just felt like including her in a prominent position, even though her queersexuality is not as prominent. I don't really follow DC so I'm not as bothered, but I understand if people feel like characters like Batwoman or Midnighter/Apollo deserve that front and center spot more than WW, since they've done much more for DC's LGBTQ representation than her.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 06-17-2019 at 06:36 AM.

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Yeah, the implied historic lesbianism of Wonder Woman is grating, but we're still very much in the 'any representation is good representation' phase of LGBT+ comics, given how much backlash there still is whenever someone appears who isnt binary and straight.
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Astonishing Member

Wonder Woman is kind of front and center there, given that her 'representation' is kind of the weak tea that is brought by characters like Hercules, Loki and Deadpool (who are, justifiably, *not* front and center on the Marvel side of the page), but it's not like DC is trying to sell this, it's just a fan thing.

It is cool to see Legionnaires and Legion-related characters like Element Lad and Shvaugn Erin, or Gravity Kid and Power Boy, on the DC side, and characters we haven't seen as much lately like Striker, Bling!, Moondragon, America Chavez and Living Lightning on the Marvel side.

Mighty Member

The Week In Gay:

Asgardians Of The Galaxy #10 - sadly this is the series finale for this very LGBT-inclusive book, although Angela at least has a new project lined up.

Age Of X-Man: Marvellous X-Men #5 of 5

Champions #6

Giant-Man #3 of 3 - the climax has a significant character moment for Raz. And fans of THUNDERBOLTS will be happy for the reunion between Atlas and Moonstone, and YOUNG AVENGERS fans will be happy to see the return of Cassie Lang in a heroic role.

Superior Spider-Man #7- guest starring the new West Coast Avengers, including LGBT members Fuse and Alloy.

Symbiote Spider-Man #3 of 5 - Black Cat appears in this, but given that it is set during the period where she and Spidey were still a couple don't expect any reference to her bisexuality (on the other hand, it IS written by Peter David who has an excellent track record for LGBT inclusion, so who knows)

X-Force #9

Did I miss anything? UNBEATABLE SQUIRREL GIRL was out this week, but I didn't list it above since Koi Boi and Nancy aren't appearing in this arc.

Spectacular Member AndersonHoran's Avatar

There's a trans character in the new season of Jessica Jones.
    https://inews.co.uk/culture/televisi...ans-narrative/

Quote Originally Posted by AndersonHoran View Post
    There's a trans character in the new season of Jessica Jones.
    https://inews.co.uk/culture/televisi...ans-narrative/
    Kinda sad that this happens when the show's about to end, but hey, trans people exist in the MCU! That's something.

Daken and Loki.

Never forget this gift we received from West Coast:

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Never forget this gift we received from West Coast:

I think the best thing about his is that now we can actually count Noh-Varr as LGBT. I know a lot of people already did but "I experimented on some ships" for a jokey scene didn't really do it for me. (And, well... The Fuse/Noh-Varr pairing is very, hmm... Aesthetically pleasing for me. Too bad there's not enough fans of this book to make some good fanart).