View Poll Results: Who is your favourite 616 Marvel LGBT character?

Voters
891. You may not vote on this poll
  • ANOLE [Victor Borkowski]

30 3.37%
  • BLING! [Roxanne ‘Roxy’ Washington]

12 1.35%
  • CULLEN BLOODSTONE

21 2.36%
  • DAKEN AKIHIRO

47 5.27%
  • HULKLING [Theodore ‘Teddy’ Altman]

49 5.50%
  • KARMA [Xi’an Coy Mahn]

49 5.50%
  • KAROLINA DEAN

47 5.27%
  • LOKI LAUFEYSON, God of Mischief

78 8.75%
  • MOONDRAGON [Heather Douglas]

46 5.16%
  • MYSTIQUE [Raven Darkholme]

134 15.04%
  • NORTHSTAR [Jean-Paul Beaubier]

69 7.74%
  • PRODIGY [David Alleyne]

26 2.92%
  • RICTOR [Julio Esteban Ricter]

47 5.27%
  • SHATTERSTAR [Gaveedra-7]

51 5.72%
  • WICCAN [William ‘Billy’ Kaplan], the Demiurge

185 20.76%
Page 884 of 1132 FirstFirst ... 384784834874880881882883884885886887888894934984 ... LastLast
Results 13,246 to 13,260 of 16972

That’s interesting, I wonder how many pride parades there are in marvel? Wakanda pride? Latveria pride? I bet Attilan gets up to some stuff

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    Random unrelated question: I can't see anybody's avatar anymore unless I go to their personal page here in the CBR forum. Is anyone else experiencing the same thing? EDIT: Nevermind. Seems like everything is back to normal.

---------------

So, after the news of the cancellation of The Vision, I was looking into some stuff about the artist, Aud Koch, and I found this Tumblr post that seems to suggest she and Chip Zdarsky pitched or at least thought about pitching a Wiccan & Hulkling book to Marvel!!!! I mean, HOW IN THE WORLD I DIDN'T HEAR ABOUT THIS BEFORE? I feel attacked by my own ignorance. Anyway, Aud says that we should e-mail Marvel and ask them about it, and bitch, you can bet that's exactly what I'm doing right now. GIVE THE GAYS WHAT THEY DESERVE, MARVEL!!!
    I want the book, but I dont like Koch's work, so I'd rather she wasnt the artist.

Quote Originally Posted by Husk View Post
    I don't see the rush for Teddy and Billy to get married. They're both relatively young and have been together since their conception, they should at least see some of the world and what else is available to them before they settle down. It'd be a far more interesting story to watch Billy and Teddy part, find out who they really are as individuals, and then come back together.
    Completely agree. I've been saying they need to break up and become something other than 'the gay couple' for ages. It limits them both and, for my money, is one of the reasons we dont see much of them - because a lot of writers dont want that baggage.
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

That's probably true. I imagine writers look at them and think it has to be both, rather than one or the other. They aren't often seen as individuals. Who in the real world would be so interconnected with their partner that they don't do at least something without them? Wiccan and Hulkling should appear on different teams at least for a year or two, so that readers can see them as fully independent. They can still be engaged without being in each other's pockets.

Astonishing Member

You know, I've been feeling really torn about something being announced for them lately, because while I would obviously love and support that, Marvel has been hellbent on publishing minis, and I think they deserve a shot at an ongoing. So I'm kinda wishing they will only announce something for them once the mini fever is over. I know a mini is better than nothing and a Billy/Teddy specific book would likely not last very long in today's market, but I take a maxi-series over a mini if it means we can get a couple more issues with them. I mean, Kate Bishop got 16 issues of her own, so between Billy and Teddy possibly getting around that number or the usual 4/5/6 issues that minis have to offer, it's a no-brainer to me.
    The thing is, a mini is a good foot-in-the door towards getting an ongoing series later. It worked for Rogue and Gambit, for example. And don't forget that Kate Bishop didn't lead straight into her own solo either. She was a co-star to Clint Barton in two previous volumes of HAWKEYE before she got her own solo.

Given that about half of all new 'ongoings' in recent years ended up being miniseries for all intents and purposes anyway since they only lasted one arc, I think a WICCAN & HULKLING miniseries would be a great first step.

Also, I noticed that The Unstoppable Wasp stopped being solicited as a mini (and the writer confirmed it was an ongoing), but Iceman didn't get the same privilege, even though both books were brought back at the same time for allegedly the same reasons, so that's a bummer.
    Its disappointing but not surprising. Sina Grace had already confirmed a while back on his Twitter feed that this volume of ICEMAN was only intended as a 5 issue miniseries. He did, however, point out that there was still the option for Marvel to order more after the mini if it does well.

Why "Wiccan & Teddy" is always a thing on this thread? There is more lgbt characters on Marvel you know?

Astonishing Member

We're overdue for The Week In Gay again...I'll list all the ones I can think of from the last week or two. Please toss in any others that I missed or forgot!

ICEMAN #2 came out, and had a cameo by Anole.

INFINITY WARS #3 continues to feature Loki, and also had a cameo by the Moondragon and Phyla of an alternate universe. Plus we met the warped merging of Logan and Emma Frost - who may or may not be LGBT, but he's certainly worth noting just for the sheer bizarreness. lol

MARVEL RISING:OMEGA concluded the miniseries, which featured America Chavez as part of the cast.

DEADPOOL #4 had an appearance by Jennifer Kale.

WEST COAST AVENGERS #2 had America Chavez

MULTIPLE MAN #4 - still no direct appearance of Jamie's gay dupe(s), but Iceman and Rictor both had cameo appearances -- and we had the 2nd homage to the old Marvel Swimsuit Editions in the past month (the other was in the final issue of ANT-MAN AND THE WASP). Weird coincidence that we'd see those old images brought back twice in two separate books by two separate writers in the span of a month. Anyway....

FANTASTIC FOUR #2 brought back transgender Future Foundations member Tong. It also appeared to have a cameo of Iceman, which was odd in the context. Hopefully the next issue will shed some light on that.

AVENGERS #8 had a brief appearance of Loki, tying up loose ends from the previous arc.

MR & MRS X #3 has both Gambit and Deadpool, although nothing acknowledging either of their bisexualities.

Anything I missed?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Magik View Post
    Why "Wiccan & Teddy" is always a thing on this thread? There is more lgbt characters on Marvel you know?
    Yes, we know -- which is why we discuss the other characters too. Just look back a page or two in the thread and you'll see discussions about America Chavez' new doll/action figure; debates about the Nico/Karolina/Julie Power love triangle (with Xavin thrown in as an extra complication); speculation about whether the gay Union Jack would appear in a rumoured Captain Britain movie, etc.

Wiccan and Hulkling get discussed a lot here because they are popular and have a lot of fans on this board. But its not like we ignore everyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    Yes, we know -- which is why we discuss the other characters too. Just look back a page or two in the thread and you'll see discussions about America Chavez' new doll/action figure; debates about the Nico/Karolina/Julie Power love triangle (with Xavin thrown in as an extra complication); speculation about whether the gay Union Jack would appear in a rumoured Captain Britain movie, etc.
    I have read every page of this thread btw.

Wiccan and Hulkling get discussed a lot here because they are popular and have a lot of fans on this board.
    I know that they're so popular but at the end of the day, the people here are always talking about them.
    This is just my humble opinion.

I know that they're so popular but at the end of the day, the people here are always talking about them.
    If you have a character you want to discuss beyond them, then start a dialogue about them.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

The thing is, a mini is a good foot-in-the door towards getting an ongoing series later. It worked for Rogue and Gambit, for example. And don't forget that Kate Bishop didn't lead straight into her own solo either. She was a co-star to Clint Barton in two previous volumes of HAWKEYE before she got her own solo.

Given that about half of all new 'ongoings' in recent years ended up being miniseries for all intents and purposes anyway since they only lasted one arc, I think a WICCAN & HULKLING miniseries would be a great first step.
    To be fair, Rogue & Gambit were an exception, not the rule. Most minis Marvel has published in the last few years did not become ongoings, and it doesn't seem like there is a big market for them either. So I can't help but feel that since there is a big chance this is gonna be their one shot at having a book of their own for a while, then they might as well get as many issues as they possibly can. And yeah, I'm aware Kate had a pre-existing potential because of the previous two Hawkeye books, but it's not just her. America also got to have her own ongoing, and one could argue she was a team player just as much as Billy and Teddy before that. Anyway, it's not a competition. I'm just saying that, given Marvel's history, I don't think a Wiccan & Hulkling ongoing is too much to ask.

I also know that a lot of ongoings turned out to be stealth minis, but at least there was the intention to make them last longer if there was an audience, and there's nothing wrong with having that ambition in mind. In some cases, it was worth it. Gwenpool was a brand new character that could've crashed and burned, but she managed to last for 25 issues, which is impressive for most C/D-list titles these days. You never know when it might pay off, so it doesn't hurt to at least try.

Its disappointing but not surprising. Sina Grace had already confirmed a while back on his Twitter feed that this volume of ICEMAN was only intended as a 5 issue miniseries. He did, however, point out that there was still the option for Marvel to order more after the mini if it does well.
    Yeah, I knew that Grace had confirmed it to be a mini, I was just wondering why one book got the opportunity to come back as an ongoing but the other didn't. I guess it's possible there are some extra factors we're not aware of. Like, maybe they got a Scholastic deal for TUW which gave the book a boost in sales. I guess all we can hope for is that this mini have good enough trade sales again to justify more issues.

Oh, didn't you get the memo from the OP image? They are obviously the stars of this thread.

I have read every page of this thread btw.

But in all seriousness now: why is that a problem? If you know they are popular, then it is expected that they would be a hot topic. As long as other people are allowed to talk about other characters in here (and they often do), I don't see the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Husk View Post
    If you have a character you want to discuss beyond them, then start a dialogue about them.
    Right? It's a lot more productive than regulating what other people are saying.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 09-24-2018 at 09:34 AM.

Oh, and a major thing I totally forgot to discuss here: the rumored Loki show on Disney Play. I feel like this is the time for Marvel Studios to finally serve some LGBTQ representation by letting him be openly pansexual/genderfluid there. It's a streaming service, so they have a lot more creative liberty and a lot less conservative markets to pander to. Hopefully they won't disappoint.

Oh, and a major thing I totally forgot to discuss here: the rumored Loki show on Disney Play. I feel like this is the time for Marvel Studios to finally serve some LGBTQ representation by letting him be openly pansexual/genderfluid there. It's a streaming service, so they have a lot more creative liberty and a lot less conservative markets to pander to. Hopefully they won't disappoint.
    This reminds me of the Okoye and Ayo situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Tantalus View Post
    And while we're at it, we should totally get a Dora Milaje TV show that gives us Ayo and Aneka as a couple. I don't really care for Okoye being queer, specially since they already paired her with W'Kabi.

And while we're at it, we should totally get a Dora Milaje TV show that gives us Ayo and Aneka as a couple. I don't really care for Okoye being queer, specially since they already paired her with W'Kabi.
    A TV show in the same format as the Scarlet Witch and Loki ones that were announced fits them really well. Imagine 6-8 episodes of Dora Milaje kicking butt. I'm totally up for it.

Also, a Valkyrie show would be really cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Tantalus View Post
    Okoye and Ayo always struck me as someone misreading a scene and everyone else running for it. Particularly since Okoye actually already had a romantic subplot with W'kabi in the movie.