View Poll Results: Who is your favourite 616 Marvel LGBT character?

Voters
891. You may not vote on this poll
  • ANOLE [Victor Borkowski]

30 3.37%
  • BLING! [Roxanne ‘Roxy’ Washington]

12 1.35%
  • CULLEN BLOODSTONE

21 2.36%
  • DAKEN AKIHIRO

47 5.27%
  • HULKLING [Theodore ‘Teddy’ Altman]

49 5.50%
  • KARMA [Xi’an Coy Mahn]

49 5.50%
  • KAROLINA DEAN

47 5.27%
  • LOKI LAUFEYSON, God of Mischief

78 8.75%
  • MOONDRAGON [Heather Douglas]

46 5.16%
  • MYSTIQUE [Raven Darkholme]

134 15.04%
  • NORTHSTAR [Jean-Paul Beaubier]

69 7.74%
  • PRODIGY [David Alleyne]

26 2.92%
  • RICTOR [Julio Esteban Ricter]

47 5.27%
  • SHATTERSTAR [Gaveedra-7]

51 5.72%
  • WICCAN [William ‘Billy’ Kaplan], the Demiurge

185 20.76%
Page 1107 of 1132 FirstFirst ... 1076071007105710971103110411051106110711081109111011111117 ... LastLast
Results 16,591 to 16,605 of 16973
    Astonishing Member

The Week In Gay:

The last week of the year was a big one with 20 new books out this week!

Midnight Suns #4 of 5 - Nico Minoru and Zoe Laveau continue to appear

Murderworld: Spider-Man #1 - Kate Pryde has a cameo in this, helping Black Widow to try and locate Arcade.

New Mutants #33 - final issue of the arc and the current ongoing run, although there will be a new NEW MUTANTS mini coming next year by the same writer and featuring some of the same cast of characters, including new trans hero Escapade who was the star of this arc.

Strange Academy: Finals #3 - Zoe and Dessy remain part of the cast, and Nico is in this issue as well.

Thunderbolts #5 of 5 - America Chavez is on the team, and has a key part in this issue.

X-Terminators #4 of 5 - cameos by various LGBT characters including Betsy Braddock, Rachel Summers, and the members of the Quiet Council.

X-Treme X-Men #2 of 5 - flashback story which includes Kitty Pryde and Rachel Summers, set in a period prior to either of them being outed on-panel.

As for the digital comics....

Avengers Unlimited Infinity Comic #26 - this issue features the Great Lakes Avengers and reveals Flatman has a new boyfriend

Love Unlimited Infinity Comic #30 - conclusion of the Hulking & Wiccan arc

Marvel's Voices Infinity Comic #31 - the "Snikt family" arc continues

X-Men Unlimited Infinity Comic #67 - Rachel Summers has a cameo

I wish the Wiccan/Hulkling arc had been more about them. It was mostly a out Goebig. The felt like a sidenote in their own story.

It's been a minute since an established C or B- list character came out as queer. It's time!

BANNED

I selected Rictor in the poll. I love all Rictor stories written by Louise Simonson and Peter David.

Are any of the newer Shatterstar fans aware of his paternity?

BANNED

I myself am gay but I find it hard to relate to gay characters in media. They are never anything like me.

I like Hulkling and Wiccan but I don’t like how perfect their relationship is. They have never been torn apart by a third party or death like Jean and Scott, they didn’t have the slow build of Peter and MJ…to me, they just need more angst. They’ve never really broken up. I would like to see them separated and really fight to get back together.

Quote Originally Posted by KyleWayne View Post
    I myself am gay but I find it hard to relate to gay characters in media. They are never anything like me.

I like Hulkling and Wiccan but I don’t like how perfect their relationship is. They have never been torn apart by a third party or death like Jean and Scott, they didn’t have the slow build of Peter and MJ…to me, they just need more angst. They’ve never really broken up. I would like to see them separated and really fight to get back together.
    To do that story properly, they would need an ongoing. Otherwise it would feel rushed. And, well, I wouldn't hold my brethe on them getting one any time soon.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by KyleWayne View Post

I understand the thought/feeling, but these days development is a thing of the past

Astonishing Member

The Week In Gay:

15 new books from Marvel to start the new year....

Avengers #64 - an alternate version of Mystique is among the Multiversal Masters Of Evil

Captain America: Sentinel Of Liberty #8 - Aaron Fischer (Captain America of the Railways) returns, and Mighty Destroyer comes out of retirement.

Marauders #10 - Tempo gets a love life, and Kate Pryde scores a significant personal victory--with some help from Somnus.

Planet Hulk: Worldbreaker #3 of 5 - Korg appears in this story set 1000 years in a possible future

Scarlet Witch #1 - Wanda's first client is a woman in a same-sex marriage who needs help with a super-villain problem.

Spider-Man #4 - Web-Weaver and Sun-Spider both continue to appear in the "End Of The Spider-Verse" arc.

X-Force #36 - Deadpool is part of the cast

For the digital comics....

Love Unlimited Infinity Comic #31 - a new arc begins starring Karma and her girlfriend Galura

Marvel's Voices Infinity Comic #32 - conclusion of the "Snikt family" arc.

X-Men Unlimited Infinity Comic #68 - a new chapter of "X-Men Green" begins, and Kate Pryde appears.

Honourable mentions to:

Secret Invasion #3 of 5 - no openly LGBT characters appearing in the present story, but Koi Boi and Nancy Whitehead are seen in the background in a flashback sequence to an issue of SQUIRREL GIRL.

X-Men Red #10 - still no openly LGBT characters in the cast, but I do feel like Ewing is bound to out at least one of them sooner or later...there are a few characters in the book that have put out a bit of a vibe and/or have not yet had anything established about their orientations.

As always, if I've missed anything please let me know!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    The Week In Gay:

15 new books from Marvel to start the new year....

Avengers #64 - an alternate version of Mystique is among the Multiversal Masters Of Evil

Captain America: Sentinel Of Liberty #8 - Aaron Fischer (Captain America of the Railways) returns, and Mighty Destroyer comes out of retirement.

Marauders #10 - Tempo gets a love life, and Kate Pryde scores a significant personal victory--with some help from Somnus.

Planet Hulk: Worldbreaker #3 of 5 - Korg appears in this story set 1000 years in a possible future

Scarlet Witch #1 - Wanda's first client is a woman in a same-sex marriage who needs help with a super-villain problem.

Spider-Man #4 - Web-Weaver and Sun-Spider both continue to appear in the "End Of The Spider-Verse" arc.

X-Force #36 - Deadpool is part of the cast

For the digital comics....

Love Unlimited Infinity Comic #31 - a new arc begins starring Karma and her girlfriend Galura

Marvel's Voices Infinity Comic #32 - conclusion of the "Snikt family" arc.

X-Men Unlimited Infinity Comic #68 - a new chapter of "X-Men Green" begins, and Kate Pryde appears.

Honourable mentions to:

Secret Invasion #3 of 5 - no openly LGBT characters appearing in the present story, but Koi Boi and Nancy Whitehead are seen in the background in a flashback sequence to an issue of SQUIRREL GIRL.

X-Men Red #10 - still no openly LGBT characters in the cast, but I do feel like Ewing is bound to out at least one of them sooner or later...there are a few characters in the book that have put out a bit of a vibe and/or have not yet had anything established about their orientations.

As always, if I've missed anything please let me know!
    Who are you thinking will potentially come out in X-Men Red?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Who are you thinking will potentially come out in X-Men Red?
    I've been getting a bit of a vibe from Wiz-Kid since Ewing started writing him in the S.W.O.R.D. series.

As far as I'm aware nothing has ever been established about Thunderbird's orientation. He originally died before ever getting a love interest and only just finally came back from the dead very recently. Since his orientation is a black slate, and Ewing seems to be the only writer using him on an ongoing basis, we'll see what happens there.

Nova (Rich Rider) has been making recurring appearances in the title and Ewing already hinted at him possibly having more-than-platonic feelings for Peter Quill in his GOTG run. It has yet to be officially confirmed though.

Storm is one of the characters who has been widely assumed to be bisexual for many years, but never officially confirmed. Perhaps Ewing will be the one to finally make it official.

All of the new mutants from Arakko are basically blank slates--so potentially any of them could turn out to be LGBTQ+ as they start getting fleshed out more.

Astonishing Member

The Week In Gay:

18 new books released this week.

Legion Of X #9 - Pixie is part of the cast and the new Black Knight (Jacks Chopra) appears to be either lesbian or bisexual.

Mary Jane & Black Cat #2 of 5 - "Dark Web" tie-in continues

Monica Rambeau: Photon #2 of 5 - a new version of The Beyonder turns up here with more genderfluid appearance and identified with they/them pronouns. They appear to be an alternate reality version of the Beyonder, rather than the original one with a new appearance (although original Beyonder has also been known to change genders and identities on occasion).

X-Men #18 - Iceman is on the team

Wolverine #29 - Solem appears in a dream/hallucination

And for the digital comics....

Love Unlimited Infinity Comic #32 - Karma's arc continues

A very light week for LGBT characters! As always, if I've missed anything please let me know!

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    I've been getting a bit of a vibe from Wiz-Kid since Ewing started writing him in the S.W.O.R.D. series.

As far as I'm aware nothing has ever been established about Thunderbird's orientation. He originally died before ever getting a love interest and only just finally came back from the dead very recently. Since his orientation is a black slate, and Ewing seems to be the only writer using him on an ongoing basis, we'll see what happens there.

Nova (Rich Rider) has been making recurring appearances in the title and Ewing already hinted at him possibly having more-than-platonic feelings for Peter Quill in his GOTG run. It has yet to be officially confirmed though.

Storm is one of the characters who has been widely assumed to be bisexual for many years, but never officially confirmed. Perhaps Ewing will be the one to finally make it official.

All of the new mutants from Arakko are basically blank slates--so potentially any of them could turn out to be LGBTQ+ as they start getting fleshed out more.
    It still boggles my mind Marvel said yes to letting Ewing confirm Star Lord as bi, the face of Guardians of Galaxy one of their more notable IPs whose had appearances in movies, shows, game...etc but have seemingly been more shy about outing Rich, Nova still relatively unknown to the public and in general they've been pushing Sam as the face of it anyway.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by walk View Post
    It still boggles my mind Marvel said yes to letting Ewing confirm Star Lord as bi, the face of Guardians of Galaxy one of their more notable IPs whose had appearances in movies, shows, game...etc but have seemingly been more shy about outing Rich, Nova still relatively unknown to the public and in general they've been pushing Sam as the face of it anyway.
    Perhaps they are just afraid of a barrage of "Dick Rider" jokes.

Seriously though, it may just be that the GOTG series ended before Ewing had a chance to be more direct about it with Rich. Its not like he didn't hint at it -- issue #6 had a very large panel of Rich confessing to Gamora that he loved Peter too. That isn't really explicit enough since it could be interpreted as a platonic love...but the way the line was delivered in an extra large panel that was a close-up of Rich's face as he says "I loved him too" certainly put an emphasis on it that suggests it was supposed to be a sort of revelation. Given that Rich and Pete had been best friends for years by that point, a declaration of platonic love really wouldn't warrant a reveal like that.

Astonishing Member

Two new projects featuring LGBT characters got announced today.

The MARVEL'S VOICES: SPIDER-VERSE one-shot in April will have a Web-Weaver story by Steve Foxe and Luciano Vecchio!

Loki is getting a 4 issue miniseries starting in June!

Astonishing Member

The Week In Gay:

15 new books released this week!

Avengers Forever #13 - an alternate version of Mystique makes an appearance here, and the identity of Avenger Prime is revealed. spoilers:
    Its Loki--or at least a multiversal variant of him
    end of spoilers

Dark Web: X-Men #3 - Iceman has a brief appearance

Deadpool #3 - the relationship between Wade and his new non-binary love interest Valentine continues to grow here

Immortal X-Men #10 - Charles Xavier is the spotlight character for this issue, which features appearances by the various LGBT members of the Quiet Council, plus Iceman.

Wasp #1 of 4 - Nadia Van Dyne appears in this, and there is reference to her working with Doctor Charlene McGowan (the trans scientist from Ewing's IMMORTAL HULK and GAMMA FLIGHT). A villain named Fantasma also appears, who was implied to be trans or non-binary in previous appearances.

And for the digital comics...

Love Unlimited Infinity Comic #33 - Karma's arc continues.

Marvel's Voices Infinity Comics #36 - Giant-Man has a small non-speaking cameo in the final chapter of Crescent and Io's arc

X-Men Unlimited Infinity Comic #70 - Kate Pryde and the Quiet Council appear in the latest chapter of the X-Men Green saga.