View Poll Results: Who is your favourite 616 Marvel LGBT character?

Voters
889. You may not vote on this poll
  • ANOLE [Victor Borkowski]

30 3.37%
  • BLING! [Roxanne ‘Roxy’ Washington]

12 1.35%
  • CULLEN BLOODSTONE

21 2.36%
  • DAKEN AKIHIRO

47 5.29%
  • HULKLING [Theodore ‘Teddy’ Altman]

49 5.51%
  • KARMA [Xi’an Coy Mahn]

49 5.51%
  • KAROLINA DEAN

47 5.29%
  • LOKI LAUFEYSON, God of Mischief

77 8.66%
  • MOONDRAGON [Heather Douglas]

46 5.17%
  • MYSTIQUE [Raven Darkholme]

134 15.07%
  • NORTHSTAR [Jean-Paul Beaubier]

69 7.76%
  • PRODIGY [David Alleyne]

25 2.81%
  • RICTOR [Julio Esteban Ricter]

47 5.29%
  • SHATTERSTAR [Gaveedra-7]

51 5.74%
  • WICCAN [William ‘Billy’ Kaplan], the Demiurge

185 20.81%
Page 876 of 1132 FirstFirst ... 376776826866872873874875876877878879880886926976 ... LastLast
Results 13,126 to 13,140 of 16966

It's interesting seeing people's ships for Laura, and I'm honestly in favour of a lot of the ones mentioned here. Bring them on! Not that it couldn't be done well by a quality writer, but I just have trouble imagining Laura's unique energy and personality with any guys in a romantic sense, as neither Hellion nor Angel have really clicked for me. Hellion was fine from a first teenage relationship perspective, but Angel was lifeless, and I think the potential dynamics from Pixie, Jubilee, Magik, Mercury etc just excite me more. (That said, I do like Mercury and Bling together too!)

She's a good looking lass, so some of the X-Men ladies who are so inclined must be interested. She also had an upbringing that would possibly lead to her not having a touchstone to see a poly relationship (or a homosexual one) as "unusual" (not that it should be a big deal, but obviously it isn't exactly common in comics), since I'd imagine she'd be rather practical about relationships, and, of all the X-dudes, Chamber does seem like he'd be a good match for Laura. And Jubes is just a lot of fun, especially if you add Gabby and Shogo running around. They could become a modern mutant family!

That said, Pixie trying to make a move on Laura, who is completely oblivious while all the New X-Men facepalm in the background, would be some fun romcom ****.

Also, with more diverse writers starting to get more of a shot with the X-Men, here's hoping a trans character isn't too far off. Not to make them a mouthpiece rather than a character of course, but more exploration of the X-Men and intersectionality would be very welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Silvermoth View Post
    Yeah! Plus he picked up at Reed and Sue’s wedding
    Attachment 69257

That is cool. You know what we need though? Trans representation. Even batgirl has better trans rep than the x-men

Welcome!
    Thanks!

LOL at that panel. Language is such an exquisitely funny thing.

Trans need some love in comics, indeed.

It's so amazing to see how many plans were in place for characters to come out but got sadly sidetracked. Lets hope the opposite becomes the norm soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post
    I kinda like Mercury with Bling!. They're both shiny! And they seemed to be pretty happy together in Generation X.
    I'd be fine with them dating other people, tbh. Wood's handling of Bling! and Mercury was creepy and weird, and no one ever followed up on just what their relationship dynamic was supposed to be. I don't dislike the pairing per se, but I'm not very invested in it. Plus Mercury and Laura bonded over in NXM; I'd be interested to see that used as a jumping on point for possible romance.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Northstar's coming back or is he gonna get the Living Lightning treatment?

Laura and Illyana? Nah.

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    Not to be nitpicky, but I think you mean Marjorie Liu, not Mariko Tamaki?
    It's Liu. They just had a senior moment.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

So, my #1 cosplay crush Michael Hamm has done a Wiccan look and I am CRYING because a) it's so rare to see good Wiccan cosplays out there (or any cosplays at all) and b) Michael Hamm is like the perfect geek boyfriend I'll never have. So I just wanted to share my joy and frustration:

EDIT: I found more!

Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 08-18-2018 at 10:40 PM.

He would have made an even better hulkling.

Pretty cute though

He would have made an even better hulkling.

Pretty cute though
    True, but good Hulkling cosplays are even more rare to find. Understandably so, since it requires a lot more work and it's harder to pull it off.

Hi, everyone.
    Maybe someone can help me with this question: How many gay characters are currently being published by Marvel?
    Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    Not to be nitpicky, but I think you mean Marjorie Liu, not Mariko Tamaki?
    ...................im...i..

Quote Originally Posted by Calvin2018 View Post
    Hi, everyone.
    Maybe someone can help me with this question: How many gay characters are currently being published by Marvel?
    Thank you.
    Uuh, I'm sure Tiamatty could provide a better answer, but it seems that he's currently banned so I'm going to try my best shot at it:

Iceman is a recurring character in X-Men Gold. Teen Iceman is in X-Men Blue/Extermination
    Mystique in Weapon X
    Rictor and Karma in New Mutants: Dead Souls
    Karolina Dean and Julie Powers in Runaways
    Loki in Infinity Wars
    Daken was in Hunt For Wolverine: Claws of a Killer, which just ended. Psylocke is in Mystery in Madripoor which also ends soon.
    Valkyrie in Exiles
    Deadpool, I guess
    And then there's more supporting characters which I'm not so sure about

Upcoming:
    Angela and Valkyrie in Asgardians of the Galaxy
    Iceman miniseries
    Shatterstar miniseries

Thank you @nandes
    I think it's fair to say there's only one male gay character in Marvel and only two miniseries centered around LGBT characters.

Just letting y'all know that I updated my post on the last page 'cause I found more pictures. *drools in gay language*

Quote Originally Posted by nandes View Post
    Uuh, I'm sure Tiamatty could provide a better answer, but it seems that he's currently banned so I'm going to try my best shot at it:

Iceman is a recurring character in X-Men Gold. Teen Iceman is in X-Men Blue/Extermination
    Mystique in Weapon X
    Rictor and Karma in New Mutants: Dead Souls
    Karolina Dean and Julie Powers in Runaways
    Loki in Infinity Wars
    Daken was in Hunt For Wolverine: Claws of a Killer, which just ended. Psylocke is in Mystery in Madripoor which also ends soon.
    Valkyrie in Exiles
    Deadpool, I guess
    And then there's more supporting characters which I'm not so sure about

Upcoming:
    Angela and Valkyrie in Asgardians of the Galaxy
    Iceman miniseries
    Shatterstar miniseries
    Also upcoming: America Chavez on West Coast Avengers. And of all the queer characters on the promo art for Uncanny X-Men, at least Psylocke and Iceman appear on the official first cover.

From New Mutants: Dead Souls #6:

Looks like Ric and 'Star are off break.

Ha! That’s cute. Glad to see they’re back together.

I guess not all relationships have to be traditional in the marvel u. Maybe they live together but occasionally they open things up. It’s not for everyone and it’s not what I would want to do but it’s 2018 and everyone knows someone like that

Astonishing Member

Ha! That’s cute. Glad to see they’re back together.

I guess not all relationships have to be traditional in the marvel u. Maybe they live together but occasionally they open things up. It’s not for everyone and it’s not what I would want to do but it’s 2018 and everyone knows someone like that
    Technically we already saw them back together a few issues ago (Shatterstar's cameo when they were out for lunch together with some of the other team members), but yes, this is definitely a fun little Shatterstar cameo and a welcome reminder of their involvement.

And yes, I think your description of their situation sounds pretty accurate for those two, since we know that 'Star at least wanted to continue to explore other sexual experiences besides Rictor--but still wanted to maintain their special bond. I'd expect it was conflict over that which led to their temporary break-up....and Rictor ultimately deciding he'd rather share 'Star than lose him completely that led to their reunion.