View Poll Results: Who is your favourite 616 Marvel LGBT character?

Voters
891. You may not vote on this poll
  • ANOLE [Victor Borkowski]

30 3.37%
  • BLING! [Roxanne ‘Roxy’ Washington]

12 1.35%
  • CULLEN BLOODSTONE

21 2.36%
  • DAKEN AKIHIRO

47 5.27%
  • HULKLING [Theodore ‘Teddy’ Altman]

49 5.50%
  • KARMA [Xi’an Coy Mahn]

49 5.50%
  • KAROLINA DEAN

47 5.27%
  • LOKI LAUFEYSON, God of Mischief

78 8.75%
  • MOONDRAGON [Heather Douglas]

46 5.16%
  • MYSTIQUE [Raven Darkholme]

134 15.04%
  • NORTHSTAR [Jean-Paul Beaubier]

69 7.74%
  • PRODIGY [David Alleyne]

26 2.92%
  • RICTOR [Julio Esteban Ricter]

47 5.27%
  • SHATTERSTAR [Gaveedra-7]

51 5.72%
  • WICCAN [William ‘Billy’ Kaplan], the Demiurge

185 20.76%
Page 942 of 1132 FirstFirst ... 4428428929329389399409419429439449459469529921042 ... LastLast
Results 14,116 to 14,130 of 16972

Jeremy Whitley is writing Future Foundation. That's a good sign. He definitely brought the LGBT rep in Unstoppable Wasp.

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

I know it isn't Marvel, but if anyone has any interest in Transformers, the last IDW series before this most recent relaunch had some great gay relationships (granted it's robots, but as they all identify as male, I count it), and one moment today actually made me almost have a misty eyed moment on the bus.
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Geez gay transformers. Never thought I would see the day

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Jeremy Whitley is writing Future Foundation. That's a good sign. He definitely brought the LGBT rep in Unstoppable Wasp.
    Yeah, Whitley is thoughtful when it comes to LGBTQ rep, so I'm glad he got this book. For the first time I have hopes something relevant will be done with Tong. Also, glad that Julie is finally getting something to do other than being Karolina's (ex)girlfriend. Too bad Franklin won't be a part of the cast anymore, as I was still hoping someone would have the balls to out him, and I feel like that would be more likely to happen in a Future Foundation book written by Whitley than anywhere else right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Silvermoth View Post
    Geez gay transformers. Never thought I would see the day
    Starscream and Jetfire had a Star-crossed affair on Cybertron if you like subtext.

Astonishing Member

The Week In Gay:

Age Of X-Man: Marvelous X-Men #4 of 5 - There was a same-sex kiss between a mutant couple. I don't think either of them were meant to be established characters though.

Age Of X-Man: NextGen #4 of 5

Amazing Spider-Man #21 - concluding the "Hunted" arc, which has guest starred Black Cat

Giant-Man #1 of 3 - Leah Williams is writing this miniseries which features Raz Maholtra, as part of a squad of size-changing heroes on a mission to infiltrate Frost Giant territory. Raz's ex-boyfriend also finally gets a name.

Guardians Of The Galaxy #5 - Moondragon, Phyla and Starfox all continue to appear, and the person who was implanted with Thanos' brain patterns is revealed.

Old Man Quill #5 of 12 - this is what appears to be a future version of Viv appearing.

Uncanny X-Men #18

Did I miss anything?

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    The Week In Gay:

Age Of X-Man: Marvelous X-Men #4 of 5 - There was a same-sex kiss between a mutant couple. I don't think either of them were meant to be established characters though.

Age Of X-Man: NextGen #4 of 5

Amazing Spider-Man #21 - concluding the "Hunted" arc, which has guest starred Black Cat

Giant-Man #1 of 3 - Leah Williams is writing this miniseries which features Raz Maholtra, as part of a squad of size-changing heroes on a mission to infiltrate Frost Giant territory. Raz's ex-boyfriend also finally gets a name.

Guardians Of The Galaxy #5 - Moondragon, Phyla and Starfox all continue to appear, and the person who was implanted with Thanos' brain patterns is revealed.

Old Man Quill #5 of 12 - this is what appears to be a future version of Viv appearing.

Uncanny X-Men #18

Did I miss anything?
    haven't heard about the Giant-Man mini....seems interesting

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    haven't heard about the Giant-Man mini....seems interesting
    I mean, it's a fun read if you can get over the fact that a bunch of characters who aren't killers completely OOC agreed to go assassinate someone.
    #EmmaWasRight

So...the Marvel 1000 collage cover. Anyone see Alan Scott(DC) and Sam kissing? I'm thinking its supposed to be Billy and Teddy or Northstar and Kyle?

Quote Originally Posted by NexusTenebrare View Post
    I mean, it's a fun read if you can get over the fact that a bunch of characters who aren't killers completely OOC agreed to go assassinate someone.
    Wartime exceptions can apply to most characters, but especially when the target is a being that has been around since the dawn of time who's death could end the occupation of all of North America, and your team is 3/4s ex-cons.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Wartime exceptions can apply to most characters, but especially when the target is a being that has been around since the dawn of time who's death could end the occupation of all of North America, and your team is 3/4s ex-cons.
    There's a world of diference between being a thief and being a murderer.
    And I see that "if it ain't human, it's okay to kill" excuse brought out waaay too often to excuse OOC writing. Case in point Spider-Man killing dozens of Thanos' grunts in Endgame. Sorry, but it doesn't fly with me.
    #EmmaWasRight

it's also Frost Giants anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Ibara View Post
    So...the Marvel 1000 collage cover. Anyone see Alan Scott(DC) and Sam kissing? I'm thinking its supposed to be Billy and Teddy or Northstar and Kyle?
    YEP. Some people on Twitter noticed as well. Love that Marvel so underuses their LGBT characters that no one noticed it wasn’t even *their* characters. Most likely was supposed to be Billy & Teddy.

Ultimate Member

Ant Man's ex-con's past was as a thief to help his daughter and Foster's was protesting the government/Avengers. Erik was a soldier before he was a criminal, so he might do it.

I think the writer simply forgot that he needed diversity beyond just racial/sexual orientation. The cast isn't the same no, but they aren't different enough. And yeah, the idea that these four would be okay with a hunter/kill mission, let alone be able to accomplish it (stealth is only Scott's strength) does strain credibility

I agree that the whole "they're not humans so it doesn't count" logic doesn't really work with the reality of the Marvel universe – but, it isn't anything new. Not at all different from Secret Invasion.