View Poll Results: Who is your favourite 616 Marvel LGBT character?

Voters
891. You may not vote on this poll
  • ANOLE [Victor Borkowski]

30 3.37%
  • BLING! [Roxanne ‘Roxy’ Washington]

12 1.35%
  • CULLEN BLOODSTONE

21 2.36%
  • DAKEN AKIHIRO

47 5.27%
  • HULKLING [Theodore ‘Teddy’ Altman]

49 5.50%
  • KARMA [Xi’an Coy Mahn]

49 5.50%
  • KAROLINA DEAN

47 5.27%
  • LOKI LAUFEYSON, God of Mischief

78 8.75%
  • MOONDRAGON [Heather Douglas]

46 5.16%
  • MYSTIQUE [Raven Darkholme]

134 15.04%
  • NORTHSTAR [Jean-Paul Beaubier]

69 7.74%
  • PRODIGY [David Alleyne]

26 2.92%
  • RICTOR [Julio Esteban Ricter]

47 5.27%
  • SHATTERSTAR [Gaveedra-7]

51 5.72%
  • WICCAN [William ‘Billy’ Kaplan], the Demiurge

185 20.76%
Page 1100 of 1132 FirstFirst ... 1006001000105010901096109710981099110011011102110311041110 ... LastLast
Results 16,486 to 16,500 of 16973

I'd prefer bi/pan/omni Franklin. It gives him more to work with and acknowledges the past relationships he's had with women. (Albeit mostly in AUs, but were clearly meant to reflect the current Franklin.) Plus he'll be living for a near-infinite amount of time, so it'd make sense that his tastes would eventually expand to cover a wide ground.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    I'd prefer bi/pan/omni Franklin. It gives him more to work with and acknowledges the past relationships he's had with women. (Albeit mostly in AUs, but were clearly meant to reflect the current Franklin.) Plus he'll be living for a near-infinite amount of time, so it'd make sense that his tastes would eventually expand to cover a wide ground.
    I get that, but I kinda feel like we're falling in to a situation where there is so much bi/pan representation that it'd be nice to have a straight up gay guy.

Plus, I just want to eventually get to a place where we get someone write Franklin and Galactus as the gay couple at the end of the Universe. I feel Waid almost came close with that History of the MU book he did, so I've made it my head canon.
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Astonishing Member

The Week In Gay:

Amazing Spider-Man #900 - Black Cat, Max Modell and his husband Hector all appear in this issue.

Captain America: Symbol Of Truth #3 - Deadpool guest stars

Genis-Vell: Captain Marvel #1 of 5 - Moondragon and Marlo Chandler appear in this issue, during a flashback to the period where they were a couple

Iron Cat #2 of 5 - Black Cat and Iron Man team-up against their evil ex-girlfriends.

The Variants #2 - there is a kiss between Jessica Jones and Tigra. It is unclear if it is meant to be romantic, and given the multiversal aspect of the storyline it is also not necessarily clear if this was the 616 versions of Jessica and Tigra.

And on the digital side of things....

Love Unlimited Infinity Comic #8 - Viv Vision's arc continues

Marvel's Voices Infinity Comic #9 - the Young Avengers arc continues with a Speed spotlight issue, which also has Prodigy

X-Men Unlimited Infinity Comic #45 - Kate Pryde appears.

As always, please let us know if I've missed something!

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    Love Unlimited Infinity Comic #8 - Viv Vision's arc continues
    Do we know when the Wiccan & Hulkling arc from this book starts? Is it right after Viv's arc? Since I've already renewed my MU subscription for this month for the Young Avengers arc on Marvel's Voices, I figured I would probably stay for Love Unlimited too.

Franklin in FF 690 (I'm old school legacy guy) says: "If -- if I use this power on myself, if I make it so I'm the way I feel inside, tell me you're OK with that."

There a lot of LGBTQ that can be read into a sentence like that and a writer could certainly pick up on it, if they chose to.
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    Do we know when the Wiccan & Hulkling arc from this book starts? Is it right after Viv's arc? Since I've already renewed my MU subscription for this month for the Young Avengers arc on Marvel's Voices, I figured I would probably stay for Love Unlimited too.
    No clue, unfortunately.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    Franklin in FF 690 (I'm old school legacy guy) says: "If -- if I use this power on myself, if I make it so I'm the way I feel inside, tell me you're OK with that."

There a lot of LGBTQ that can be read into a sentence like that and a writer could certainly pick up on it, if they chose to.
    There's a Fantastic Four #690? Moreover, If Franklin feels that way inside what would his using his powers on himself change?

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post

That whole story with Franklin felt really queer-coded.
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    There's a Fantastic Four #690? Moreover, If Franklin feels that way inside what would his using his powers on himself change?
    If you're looking to apply the sentence literally in a queer content, the most obvious parallel there would be for a trans person -- feeling as a different person on the inside than they are on the outside.

However it think CaptainCleghon was just looking at the more metaphorical subtext that could be read there for a closeted person presenting a different self to the outside world than who they really are. He's not suggesting that Franklin is using his powers to make himself gay/bi/whatever.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    If you're looking to apply the sentence literally in a queer content, the most obvious parallel there would be for a trans person -- feeling as a different person on the inside than they are on the outside.

However it think CaptainCleghon was just looking at the more metaphorical subtext that could be read there for a closeted person presenting a different self to the outside world than who they really are. He's not suggesting that Franklin is using his powers to make himself gay/bi/whatever.
    'Nuff said!

Astonishing Member

The Week In Gay:

Ghost Rider #5 - there are a few LGBT cameos in a biker race that Ghost Rider is in, competing against various heroes and villains

Immortal X-Men #5 - Exodus spotlight issue. The various LGBT members of the Quiet Council appear, and Exodus may have been implied to be LGBT as well.

Legion Of X #4 - a few LGBT characters in small roles and cameos

New Fantastic Four #3 of 5 - Marlo Chandler has an appearance (this story is set several years before she realizes she is bisexual)

Spider-Punk #4 of 5 - Captain Anarchy is a supporting character

Love Unlimited Infinity Comic #9 - Viv Vision's arc continues

Marvel Meow Infinity Comic #12 - Viv Vision and Black Cat appear

X-Men Unlimited Infinity Comic #46 - The Quiet Council appears.

As always, if there's something I have overlooked, please let us know!

Exodus was always hinted to have a thing for his fellow warrior, with the implication being his religious zeal drove him to bury his feelings and prevented him from coming to terms with his sexuality.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Exodus was always hinted to have a thing for his fellow warrior, with the implication being his religious zeal drove him to bury his feelings and prevented him from coming to terms with his sexuality.
    But, what did Exodus do or say (within the pages) to give anyone that impression?

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    But, what did Exodus do or say (within the pages) to give anyone that impression?
    He described Black Knight as someone who was "closer than a brother" to him, and described him as a human he loved. You could read it as romantic love. Personally though, I read it as platonic, since I felt there was no romantic context in that scene.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

BANNED

He described Black Knight as someone who was "closer than a brother" to him, and described him as a human he loved. You could read it as romantic love. Personally though, I read it as platonic, since I felt there was no romantic context in that scene.
    That's what I thought too, thanks