Quote Originally Posted by scourge View Post
Ah, I misunderstood what you meant there. Sorry.

I think the major issue with the whole 'segregation' thing would be we can guess exactly what a company like Marvel would do. They cram a small number of LGBT characters in and use the book as an excuse why others couldn't appear elsewhere. And they'd probably do their best to bury the book and give it as little attention and impact as possible while looking for the first excuse to cancel it. Can't speak for others but I'd like some good LGBT rep in the 'main' or 'flagship' books more than an all LGBT team.
I would rather have the all LGBTQ book out there than try to rely on a main or flagship book to try it.

Because some of those books have too many cooks in the kitchen and editorial gets in the way.

Want some examples?

Look at Cyborg in Justice League. How did that work out for him? It did not help his profile despite what some claim. Just being there in the background or getting hacked into or beaten up by Black Panther's cousin is not enough.

Duke Thomas-look at how he was done in Batman's main book. Reduce to one panel cameos before vanishing in 2018. Yet in All Star Batman, his own mini & Outsiders have done a better job with him.

Storm in X-Men versus Storm in Black Panther.

Yeah an all LGBTGQ book might last 12 issues but I rather have those 12 issues (later 2 trades) on shelves for someone to read. Yeah The Crew and A Force bombed but I still see kids reading those trades and at one point The Crew was beating a TON of Marvel & DC books in trade sales on Amazon (BEFORE Black Panther movie came out).