View Poll Results: Who is your favourite 616 Marvel LGBT character?

Voters
891. You may not vote on this poll
  • ANOLE [Victor Borkowski]

30 3.37%
  • BLING! [Roxanne ‘Roxy’ Washington]

12 1.35%
  • CULLEN BLOODSTONE

21 2.36%
  • DAKEN AKIHIRO

47 5.27%
  • HULKLING [Theodore ‘Teddy’ Altman]

49 5.50%
  • KARMA [Xi’an Coy Mahn]

49 5.50%
  • KAROLINA DEAN

47 5.27%
  • LOKI LAUFEYSON, God of Mischief

78 8.75%
  • MOONDRAGON [Heather Douglas]

46 5.16%
  • MYSTIQUE [Raven Darkholme]

134 15.04%
  • NORTHSTAR [Jean-Paul Beaubier]

69 7.74%
  • PRODIGY [David Alleyne]

26 2.92%
  • RICTOR [Julio Esteban Ricter]

47 5.27%
  • SHATTERSTAR [Gaveedra-7]

51 5.72%
  • WICCAN [William ‘Billy’ Kaplan], the Demiurge

185 20.76%
Page 322 of 1132 FirstFirst ... 222272312318319320321322323324325326332372422822 ... LastLast
Results 4,816 to 4,830 of 16973

Older Billy looks like he can't decide if he wants to be Dr. Strange or Mr. Fantastic lol.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Quote Originally Posted by cheesebiggins View Post
    What is this team for? I really like it- so much better than the current comic book Guardians!
    We don't know what the deal is with this team yet, Bendis posted that single image as a teaser on his tumblr.

Heh. So today I read Captain Marvel #25, the second Genis-Vell run, and it was a very meta issue about the book being cancelled, but there was this part about Marlo that was hilarious.

So, in the previous CM run, Marlo, Rick Jones wife, is revealed to be bi, or at least having the desire to experiment. She starts a relationship with Moondragon that carries over this volume. So anyway, in this issue it is actually revealed that Marlo was being mind controlled, or something like that, to which Rick says "So you're not actually exploring your sexuality?!" and she's like "Nope! I was just being mind controlled by an evil sorcerer BECAUSE THAT'S MUCH MORE BELIEVABLE!"

I'm not sure about the reaction of Marlo's coming out at the time -this was published in 2004-, but considering how meta this issue is, I imagine this was PAD's "F**** you!" to anyone complaining that it was ooc or that it made no sense for her coming out.

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Chan View Post
    Heh. So today I read Captain Marvel #25, the second Genis-Vell run, and it was a very meta issue about the book being cancelled, but there was this part about Marlo that was hilarious.

So, in the previous CM run, Marlo, Rick Jones wife, is revealed to be bi, or at least having the desire to experiment. She starts a relationship with Moondragon that carries over this volume. So anyway, in this issue it is actually revealed that Marlo was being mind controlled, or something like that, to which Rick says "So you're not actually exploring your sexuality?!" and she's like "Nope! I was just being mind controlled by an evil sorcerer BECAUSE THAT'S MUCH MORE BELIEVABLE!"

I'm not sure about the reaction of Marlo's coming out at the time -this was published in 2004-, but considering how meta this issue is, I imagine this was PAD's "F**** you!" to anyone complaining that it was ooc or that it made no sense for her coming out.
    Wasn't there an Abandoned and Forsaken column about that?

Mighty Member America / Bucky / Russia's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    and genuinely SQUEALED out loud in Starbucks as I read it
    Starbucks is my haven (but I've never attempted to read comics in there). Although if I can edit coursework in there as I have done in the past then comics shouldn't be difficult at all.
    Films blog / Books blog / Comics blog / Tumblr / Twitter / Flickr / Photobucket / Dailymotion / YouTube
    My BFI Film Academy short film Hold-Out
    Review column on Doctor Who fansite kasterborous.com
    CBR's LGBT Community

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Chan View Post

That was Moondragon's explanation to Rick and Marlo--but the story was also pretty clear that Moondragon just made that up to make it easier for Rick and Marlo to get their marriage back on track without this coming between them, after Marlo realized that she still loved Rick. Rick fell for the lie, but Marlo's reactions showed that she knew better. And Phyla flat-out called her out on the lie (although she was touched and impressed that Heather made such a gesture for Marlo's happiness).

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    That was Moondragon's explanation to Rick and Marlo--but the story was also pretty clear that Moondragon just made that up to make it easier for Rick and Marlo to get their marriage back on track without this coming between them, after Marlo realized that she still loved Rick. Rick fell for the lie, but Marlo's reactions showed that she knew better. And Phyla flat-out called her out on the lie (although she was touched and impressed that Heather made such a gesture for Marlo's happiness).
    Which was the most OOC thing about the whole story - Moondragon actually caring about someone else
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post
    Which was the most OOC thing about the whole story - Moondragon actually caring about someone else
    Her relationship with Marlo really was a turning point in Moondragon's characterization. She was still her strong and supremely confident self, but falling in love for the first time also got her to finally explore a softer and more emotional side--and that continued to develop once Heather and Phyla got together.

Although I do prefer Heather with Phyla and Marlo with Rick, I do regret that we didn't get to see a bit more of the Marlo/Moondragon relationship. It was an unexpected pairing, but it worked surprisingly well.

Quote Originally Posted by America / Bucky / Russia View Post
    Starbucks is my haven (but I've never attempted to read comics in there). Although if I can edit coursework in there as I have done in the past then comics shouldn't be difficult at all.
    LOVE Starbucks; only billion dollar company I know that is proudly supportive of its LGBT customers. In fact I'm typing this in the NEW Starbucks Reserve in London (their new restaurant) while I wait for my call back audition. SQUEAL!!!
    "We are Shakespeare. We are Michelangelo. We are Tchaikovsky. We are Turing. We are Mercury. We are Wilde. We are Lincoln, Lorca, Leonardo da Vinci. We are Alexander the Great. We are Fredrick the Great. We are Rustin. We are Addams. We are Marsha! Marsha Marsha Marsha! We so generous, we DeGeneres. We are Ziggy Stardust hooked to the silver screen. Controversially we are Malcolm X. We are Plato. We are Aristotle. We are RuPaul, god dammit! And yes, we are Woolf."

Mighty Member America / Bucky / Russia's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    LOVE Starbucks; only billion dollar company I know that is proudly supportive of its LGBT customers. In fact I'm typing this in the NEW Starbucks Reserve in London (their new restaurant) while I wait for my call back audition. SQUEAL!!!
    They do restaurants? Ooooh. I have seen Starbucks fly the rainbow a couple of times - both during Pride and also in Boston last summer when the Supreme Court voted on gay marriage.

Whatcha auditioning for?
    Films blog / Books blog / Comics blog / Tumblr / Twitter / Flickr / Photobucket / Dailymotion / YouTube
    My BFI Film Academy short film Hold-Out
    Review column on Doctor Who fansite kasterborous.com
    CBR's LGBT Community

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by kevinism View Post
    For me, I'd have a hard time with the arms being lopsided, just from a physical angel. Also, the 6 foot tongue would need to be dealt with. The cutting off of appendages to make them bigger is a plus.
    I don't see a problem with the tongue. Like at all.
    And I've never been shy about cursing K&Y for their not even remotely reasonable extremification of Anole - a stealth character! (And New X-Men is the one run of theirs I utterly despise - the one arc that'd be the exception being ruined by said extremification.) Pixie at least only got marginally darkened instead of getting a spine-ruining monster arm.

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post
    But that's a different situation, as the story with them wasnt about them being gay, where as with Bobby, that's his new big hoom and with Anole it's about the only thing ever done with him.
    Well, the other major thing they did with him was PTSD.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    With Phylla on the Ultimates we have all the female Captain Marvel's together
    *cough* Captains Marvel *cough*
    Death's Head, Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man, House of X, Powers of X.
    Ascender, DIE, Saga, The Wicked + The Divine.
    Adventures of the Super Sons, Batman Beyond, Catwoman, Lois Lane, Naomi, Young Justice.

I was hoping we'd get to see Billy (and Tommy, I guess) in the new Scarlet Witch, but it looks like he'll be off in Ewing/Sandoval Land for the discernible future. If the impetus for CW2 turns out to have something to do with Vision/Agatha/Wanda, though, maybe he'll show up prominently in some capacity.

Quote Originally Posted by Bosch View Post
    I was hoping we'd get to see Billy (and Tommy, I guess) in the new Scarlet Witch, but it looks like he'll be off in Ewing/Sandoval Land for the discernible future. If the impetus for CW2 turns out to have something to do with Vision/Agatha/Wanda, though, maybe he'll show up prominently in some capacity.
    I wish Billy and Tommy really felt like sons for Wanda :/

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I wish Billy and Tommy really felt like sons for Wanda :/
    Yeah. It's a head-scratcher. The only justification I can see for them being so reticent to touch on it is that it ages her, and they want her to be young and accessible because MCU. But even then, having Wanda come to grips with not having raised them, or working out a way for them to be in each others' lives, seems like the perfect emotional center to a solo series. I don't know about the guy doing Scarlet Witch because I haven't read a lot of his stuff, but a lot of writers at Marvel right now could pull that off without making it too heavy.

BTW, I know even trying to make sense of Marvel time is an exercise in futility, but is Wanda supposed to have sent Billy and Tommy back in time? Because otherwise their ages are about a decade off from what they should be.
    Last edited by Bosch; 01-16-2016 at 11:42 AM. Reason: typos argh

Billy isn't the biological son of Wanda. He has biological parents. He just has the soul of her son. So... I guess the soul travelled through time? Either that or the soul merged with a child that was already about a decade old.

Or something. He has the soul of her son because comics.