View Poll Results: Who is your favourite 616 Marvel LGBT character?

Voters
889. You may not vote on this poll
  • ANOLE [Victor Borkowski]

30 3.37%
  • BLING! [Roxanne ‘Roxy’ Washington]

12 1.35%
  • CULLEN BLOODSTONE

21 2.36%
  • DAKEN AKIHIRO

47 5.29%
  • HULKLING [Theodore ‘Teddy’ Altman]

49 5.51%
  • KARMA [Xi’an Coy Mahn]

49 5.51%
  • KAROLINA DEAN

47 5.29%
  • LOKI LAUFEYSON, God of Mischief

77 8.66%
  • MOONDRAGON [Heather Douglas]

46 5.17%
  • MYSTIQUE [Raven Darkholme]

134 15.07%
  • NORTHSTAR [Jean-Paul Beaubier]

69 7.76%
  • PRODIGY [David Alleyne]

25 2.81%
  • RICTOR [Julio Esteban Ricter]

47 5.29%
  • SHATTERSTAR [Gaveedra-7]

51 5.74%
  • WICCAN [William ‘Billy’ Kaplan], the Demiurge

185 20.81%
Page 4 of 1132 FirstFirst 1234567814541045041004 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Oooooh, I didn't realize the issue was with Xavin being labeled as TRANS.
    Got it. My mistake. I don't see her as TRANS either. My bad. My blunders.
    Oh no, my mistake I didn't explain it right. It's not so much Xavin being labelled as trans (though agreed, I don't count that); it's purely can someone be gay (or straight) if they don't consider "gender" anything more than window dressing? How can you have a same sex attraction if you don't consider you have a sex?

Does this mean Xavin is probably best called pansexual?

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Although I don't agree that a lesbian wouldn't want to be with someone who isn't a lesbian. People crush on people all the time that aren't the same as them. Gay dudes crush on straight dudes. Lesbians crush on brunettes who are actually blondes. And then there's bisexuals and transgender. Not all bisexuals fall for other bisexuals, etc etc.
    Karolina is certainly more open minded in that regard.
    Agreed, but crushes are one thing, life time commitment is another. Would Karolina want to spend the rest of her life (and her only lesbian relationship) with someone who doesn't identify as a lesbian (or even bisexual)? It's a moot point of course, because now she's with Lightspeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Chan View Post
    They should just out Anya Corazón and pair her with America... it wouldn't be the first time she expresses interests in patriotic women from other universes...
    Ohhhhhh... I like that idea! Anya and MAC... though would their "ship" name be Manya??? (which seems a tad rude).

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post
    I hope we get to see more of the Bling!/Mercury relationship. Has anyone come up with a cute name for them yet? The best I could come up with was Shiny Love.
    Blurry!

I also find it tough to really think of Mystique as bisexual. We're only aware of one relationship she'd had with a woman, and that's Destiny. We've never seen her date or sleep with another woman. Whenever she's looking for pleasure, she always seems to go with a man. At this point, she's just as likely to be "straight with an exception."
    Truthfully I don't like to count Mystique's solo series as LGBT, because of this very issue. BUT... I suppose the case can be made Mystique doesn't go with another woman because Destiny will always be the only woman for her? But I'd wanted that referenced or acknowledged in her solo series.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant God View Post
    I voted for Moondragon but I also like Victoria Hand
    I adore Ms. Victoria Hand!!!! I still need to see her two episodes of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.; no interest in the show but I really love the character and Saffron Burrows (who is herself a lesbian) was awesome in Boston Legal.

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    ya and MAC... though would their "ship" name be Manya??? (which seems a tad rude).
    They wouldn't have a ship name. No way would Miss America put up with that.

I was wondering shouldn't Loki be considered more a pansexual than a bisexual considering his myth's counterparts sexual history.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    Gabriel is LGBT? I didn't know that. Where was that established?
    I'm actually not sure myself, but he is in the list on the front page (under "Side Characters"), so I assumed if he was being counted as LGBT he should also be counted for the series he appears in.

Again, agreed. I have wondered why, and truthfully the answer is they are all not A-listers (maybe Mystique is, actually); and I nearly always gravitate to non-A-listers. My favourite teams are the Young Avengers, Thunderbolts, Runaways and X-men; all underdogs. I love the underdog, the perfect perfect Avengers hold zero interest for me (which is why my favourite Avengers team was Dark Avengers
    Seriously, they're amazing.

Runaways kid:

2h4f5gp.jpg

"Wow... you're hot. Let's not fight."
    "Molly, what are you doing? I'm trying to flirt with her!"

Young Avengers kid:

"Your wiki page needs an update."
    *cackling*
    Last edited by Kencana; 05-30-2014 at 12:12 AM.

Astonishing Member PretenderNX01's Avatar

I adore Ms. Victoria Hand!!!! I still need to see her two episodes of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.; no interest in the show but I really love the character and Saffron Burrows (who is herself a lesbian) was awesome in Boston Legal.

The show started off rocky but got decent, then got good, then got really good. I think binge watching it would work, if you have 22 44-minute segments free (I can't do math).
    I liked Hand in it, wished she had more episodes. They don't refer to her being gay so they still haven't had an out LGBT character yet in the MCU.

Quote Originally Posted by Mathieu B View Post
    I hope that Shatterstar and Rictor show up somewhere in the X-books in the near future. They were too well-developed in X-Factor to just be forgotten about.
    Agreed; though I'm not sure which comic I'd add them to? Amazing X-men probably; not sure any of the others feel right for them.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaJay View Post
    I'm so glad Anole is finally getting some shine after years in the background.
    Agreed. He's so wonderful; LOVED the bromance back-up in X-men. I really hope Brian Wood is going to announce a new X-kids series with him at the helm. Anole/Rockslide have the best bromance in comics!

Favorite wise would be Cullen Bloodstone. I'm fairly glad that he's not a stereotype, but at the same time not so completely butch. Also it seems like he liked Aiden before his Celtic makeover so good on him.
    I started reading Avengers Undercover to see what Cullen was like (and... Zemo, who doesn't love him?); but I find myself enjoying Anachronism far more. I hope he helps Cullen see the light and redeem.

For your list of LGBT characters currently active: Daken is currently active in UNCANNY AVENGERS (although probably not for too much longer as the current arc is heading towards its conclusion and I expect Daken's resurrection will be revoked at that point, if not sooner).
    Really don't like how Remender killed Marvel's first LGBT solo star (as I said, I don't like counting Mystique's series); BUT... despite not liking his current philosophy in Uncanny Avengers, I might try his event. I've never seen him write Storm, and I am curious if he'll do her justice.

Was it just me, or did Lieutenant Flint get outed in the last issue of MOON KNIGHT? There was a gay couple walking down the street together at the start of the issue--and one of the two guys looked an awful lot like Flint.
    As in all things, I bow to your knowledge and have added him to the "Side Characters" list.

Quote Originally Posted by Young Avenger View Post
    Of note for the list of currently active LGBT characters:
    Gabriel Shepherd is currently appearing in X-Men and if you count miniseries, Wiccan and Hulkling are in Original Sins.
    I didn't know Wiccan and Hulkling were in the main event??? Awesome, do they look epic drawn by Deodato?

Didn't Electro allude to being bi-curious in Mark Millar's Spider-Man run?
    Completely forgot him, excellent catch.

Gabriel is LGBT? I didn't know that. Where was that established?
    I assume it's from this, but I'm not sure???

Agreed. He's so wonderful; LOVED the bromance back-up in X-men. I really hope Brian Wood is going to announce a new X-kids series with him at the helm. Anole/Rockslide have the best bromance in comics!

Wow. I am dying, here. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Kencana View Post

Yeah, I'd say it's acceptable to take time out of a fight in order to flirt.

One of the best bromances, anyway, yeah. They're bros for life, and they are so perfect together. I really, really want a new volume of New X-Men. Anole, Rockslide, Surge, Dust, Mercury, Bling!, Pixie - tons of great characters who aren't doing anything right now.

Really don't like how Remender killed Marvel's first LGBT solo star (as I said, I don't like counting Mystique's series); BUT... despite not liking his current philosophy in Uncanny Avengers, I might try his event. I've never seen him write Storm, and I am curious if he'll do her justice.
    Probably angry, bitter, argumentative and hating whoever she's teamed up with. That's how he writes all characters in his team books.

I voted for WICCAN... obvs!

Forgot to add my official vote, but I think most in the thread know who I voted for.

I voted for WICCAN [William 'Billy' Kaplan], the Demiurge

Wiccan ticks all the boxes for me: his costume is visually cool (and his redesign by McKelvie is probably my favourite costume of any character, EVER), his powers are both visually stunning, original (in the "repeatrepeatrepeat" aspect) and as someone who mostly plays magic users in RPGs, me like! Add to that he's a sweet guy, with tons of power, lots of flaws and the most beautiful relation in comics. Wiccan's been in my "Top 10" for years, but it was Gillen who catapulted him to my second favourite comic character (after Moonstone... no-one will ever top the Queen). I love complex relationships, and I found Gillen made Wiccan/Hulkling so complex BUT every moment was still coated in love. It's the most beautiful break-up I've read (or seen) in any media.

Add to that Gillen also made Wiccan (arguably) the most powerful LGBT character (and possibly most powerful magic user) by adding the fact he's destined to become the Demiurge, who will re-write the rules of magic one day. A glorious addition to an already brilliant character. Love, love, LOVE the Wiccan!

The cape, the eyes, the floating, the pentagram = damn he's epic!

Justified Ancient of MuMu wonderlad's Avatar

Thanks for this great thread Kieran! I voted for Wiccan too though I also love what PAD did with Shatterstar. Also dropped All New X-Factor mainly for budgetary reasons but it also did not grab me character-wise like the previous volume (though I love Polaris - will probably trade-wait).

Quote Originally Posted by jazzflower92 View Post
    I was wondering shouldn't Loki be considered more a pansexual than a bisexual considering his myth's counterparts sexual history.
    Myth Loki yes... comic Loki, not sure. I think bisexual is a fine term for comic Loki. GOD, I can't wait for the next issue... I think we'll get a Loki/Sigurd kiss oh so soon.

HOTNESS!!!

They wouldn't have a ship name. No way would Miss America put up with that.
    HA! Excellent point, so darn true. God, I miss MAC in my life!

Quote Originally Posted by PretenderNX01 View Post
    The show started off rocky but got decent, then got good, then got really good. I think binge watching it would work, if you have 22 44-minute segments free (I can't do math).
    I liked Hand in it, wished she had more episodes. They don't refer to her being gay so they still haven't had an out LGBT character yet in the MCU.
    The Avengers comics hasn't had an active LGBT character yet, and they have 15+ years on the MCU. I don't think we'll get an LGBT superhero in the MCU for a long, long time. If we can't even get ONE across 3-4 Avenger team comics in this long... depressing.

Sadly, I do know the spoiler for Ms. Hand in the show; but I'm still excited to see her episodes; just to see Ms. Burrows rock the Hand!

Quote Originally Posted by Young Avenger View Post
    I'm actually not sure myself, but he is in the list on the front page (under "Side Characters"), so I assumed if he was being counted as LGBT he should also be counted for the series he appears in.
    I added him to the list on old CBR when someone said he was; I don't/can't validate every addition, sadly. Though I do seem to remember a list on a major comic website include him to. Will need to research more...

Quote Originally Posted by Kencana View Post
    Seriously, they're amazing.

Runaways kid:

2h4f5gp.jpg

Love that exchange; more fights should end with flirting!

Quote Originally Posted by wonderlad View Post
    Thanks for this great thread Kieran!

Quote Originally Posted by wonderlad View Post
    I voted for Wiccan too though I also love what PAD did with Shatterstar. Also dropped All New X-Factor mainly for budgetary reasons but it also did not grab me character-wise like the previous volume (though I love Polaris - will probably trade-wait).
    We see very eye-to-eye it seems. You reading Loki: Agent of Asgard?
    Last edited by Kieran_Frost; 05-30-2014 at 02:34 AM.

A Lightspeed/Karolina and Mercury/Bling double date would make shades mandatory in any club that hopes to handle Team Sparkles.

Forgive the image-a-thon.
    Just wanted to post some of my favorite "identity" related Xavin images.

Explaining her culture

Taking Molly's misguided advice -- trying to "woo" Karolina with a form (Nico's) that she knew Karolina found pleasing

Stumbling into discovering who you really are, in the heat of the moment

And, though I can't find a scan online, there is a fantastic conversation between Karolina and Nico that gives insight to Karolina's relationship with Xavin.
    I'll just type it out since, like I said, I can't find the scan.

Nico: I mean.. does she really change, or... I mean, as a Skrull was he--she born with... please make me stop.
    Karolina: Its hard for people to get.
    Nico: You guys just seem to see things really differently.
    Karolina: We do, but when she's alone with me...
    Nico: But is that real? The real her?
    Karolina: What are you doing? Xavin found out I was gay and didn't so much as blink. She's not pretending to be a woman, she's learning to be human.