View Poll Results: Who is your favourite 616 Marvel LGBT character?

Voters
891. You may not vote on this poll
  • ANOLE [Victor Borkowski]

30 3.37%
  • BLING! [Roxanne ‘Roxy’ Washington]

12 1.35%
  • CULLEN BLOODSTONE

21 2.36%
  • DAKEN AKIHIRO

47 5.27%
  • HULKLING [Theodore ‘Teddy’ Altman]

49 5.50%
  • KARMA [Xi’an Coy Mahn]

49 5.50%
  • KAROLINA DEAN

47 5.27%
  • LOKI LAUFEYSON, God of Mischief

78 8.75%
  • MOONDRAGON [Heather Douglas]

46 5.16%
  • MYSTIQUE [Raven Darkholme]

134 15.04%
  • NORTHSTAR [Jean-Paul Beaubier]

69 7.74%
  • PRODIGY [David Alleyne]

26 2.92%
  • RICTOR [Julio Esteban Ricter]

47 5.27%
  • SHATTERSTAR [Gaveedra-7]

51 5.72%
  • WICCAN [William ‘Billy’ Kaplan], the Demiurge

185 20.76%
Page 1023 of 1132 FirstFirst ... 235239239731013101910201021102210231024102510261027103310731123 ... LastLast
Results 15,331 to 15,345 of 16971

Quote Originally Posted by Ticomat View Post
    Is it just me, or does the way Johnny says "Really? You never noticed the eyes?" on this preview has some ~vibes~?
    Carol's response "Maybe not in the way you have" settles what it's supposed to mean.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnito View Post
    Johnny always give bi-vibes. I'm surprised it's not canon by now.
    Yeah I feel like Johnny loves being admired by everyone. Doesn’t mind who he gets attention from

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ticomat View Post
    Is it just me, or does the way Johnny says "Really? You never noticed the eyes?" on this preview has some ~vibes~?
    Oh, it definitely has. But I doubt it was supposed to be anything other than a funny line.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    Oh, it definitely has. But I doubt it was supposed to be anything other than a funny line.
    Ewing's no fool. I bet he's read ALL the receipts from Johnny's time with Daken.
    Continuity KING, sprinkling those continuity crumbs throughout his works! LOVE IT!

Extraordinary Member

Are Hela and Karnilla considered queer now?

Astonishing Member

The Week In Gay:

Black Cat #12 - this will be the last issue we see for a while; the book is on hiatus until after the "King In Black" event.

Deadpool #6 - X-Men guest appearance, but not any of the openly LGBT members.

Empyre #4 - this issue had a development that might be of some minor interest to fans of Hulkling and/or Wiccan.....

Empyre: X-Men #2 of 4 - Multiple Man is part of the cast of this, but I doubt any of his gay dupe(s) will put in an appearance under the circumstances.

Empyre Handbook - Hulkling gets a 4 page profile in this special edition of the Official Handbook Of The Marvel Universe.

Giant-Size X-Men: Fantomex - Fantomex himself has at least been implied to be bi in the past, and Percy Pinkerton of the Howling Commandos (once outed as gay by Stan Lee in an interview) also had an appearance.

Guardians Of The Galaxy #5 - the two Moondragons finally have a confrontation in this issue, leading to a rather major development. Phyla, Marvel Boy and Hercules are all part of the cast as well.

Lords Of Empyre: Celestial Messiah - Phyla (the 616 version) has a one-panel cameo in a flashback. I still get a bit of a vibe of Quoi, but so far nothing confirmed about him being LGBT.

Strikeforce #9 - series finale

Just wanted to pop in and say, as a long time comics fan from way back (nice way to say ‘I’m old...’), I never thought I would see the day when Marvel did something like this. And maybe they have before, and I just...missed it? But this is a big event comic, not ‘issue whatever’ of whatever comic is pushing the envelope and can be easily ignored. This is...front and center and IMPORTANT.

And sexy...! The Empyre 5 preview showing Billy and Teddy in CLEARLY post-coital bliss and having a conversation as casually as anything...the way people do...the same way we’ve seen Jean/Scott or any other heterosexual couple get over the decades. The focus on Teddy this event, the surprise wedding...it ALMOST feels like Empyre is Marvel’s attempt at giving us the Pride event we all missed out on this year thanks to the plague..

I realize it seems like a silly thing to be happy with, but...thanks, Marvel, for helping normalize queer life. Even just a little bit. I hope this keeps up.
    Last edited by zinderel; 08-08-2020 at 12:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by zinderel View Post
    Just wanted to pop in and say, as a long time comics fan from way back (nice way to say ‘I’m old...’), I never thought I would see the day when Marvel did something like this. And maybe they have before, and I just...missed it? But this is a big event comic, not ‘issue whatever’ of whatever comic is pushing the envelope and can be easily ignored. This is...front and center and IMPORTANT.

And sexy...! The Empyre 5 preview showing Billy and Teddy in CLEARLY post-coital bliss and having a conversation as casually as anything...the way people do...the same way we’ve seen Jean/Scott or any other heterosexual couple get over the decades. The focus on Teddy this event, the surprise wedding...it ALMOST feels like Empyre is Marvel’s attempt at giving us the Pride event we all missed out on this year thanks to the plague..

I realize it seems like a silly thing to be happy with, but...thanks, Marvel, for helping normalize queer life. Even just a little bit. I hope this keeps up.
    And X-Factor showed Daken seducing a hotel manager for information and it really implied that they had sex right on the front counter of the hotel! I love that Empyre goes all in about Hulking and Wiccan's relationship and their marriage!

X-Factor, Northstar is shown living with Kyle and Kyle is going to be ongoing in the book living with the team at the Boneyard! Daken is openly flirting with everyone, Prodigy and Daken were outright honest that they are bisexual and just comparing what kind of bisexual they are! Leah said Rachel is a soft butch lesbian living with her new puppy dog that she got from one of her galpals! The podcast interview Leah did she said she wanted Rachel to be growing marijuana on Krakoa, but that was kiboshed for legal reasons, but I guess the whole part about Rachel being a soft butch lesbian with her support dog (Warwolf) Amazing Baby was ok!

Even though Marvel TV and Movies try their best to hide the gay, I love that the comics are doubling down on showcasing LGBTQ+ characters! Right up to making a big event Empyre, with one of the main characters is an openly gay man in a long term relationship with a boyfriend he will be getting married to!

On the other side of the spectrum you have DC comics going there is no gay to be seen here, what gay people, we don't have gays, no one is gay, they are all straight! It's funny how DC Television pushes the LGBTQ+ characters, but DC Comics current editorial is trying to erase as many LGBTQ+ characters as possible!

Marvel - LGBTQ+ friendly comics, unfriendly movies and TV
    DC - LGBTQ+ friendly TV, unfriendly comics and movies
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    And X-Factor showed Daken seducing a hotel manager for information and it really implied that they had sex right on the front counter of the hotel! I love that Empyre goes all in about Hulking and Wiccan's relationship and their marriage!

X-Factor, Northstar is shown living with Kyle and Kyle is going to be ongoing in the book living with the team at the Boneyard! Daken is openly flirting with everyone, Prodigy and Daken were outright honest that they are bisexual and just comparing what kind of bisexual they are! Leah said Rachel is a soft butch lesbian living with her new puppy dog that she got from one of her galpals! The podcast interview Leah did she said she wanted Rachel to be growing marijuana on Krakoa, but that was kiboshed for legal reasons, but I guess the whole part about Rachel being a soft butch lesbian with her support dog (Warwolf) Amazing Baby was ok!

Even though Marvel TV and Movies try their best to hide the gay, I love that the comics are doubling down on showcasing LGBTQ+ characters! Right up to making a big event Empyre, with one of the main characters is an openly gay man in a long term relationship with a boyfriend he will be getting married to!

On the other side of the spectrum you have DC comics going there is no gay to be seen here, what gay people, we don't have gays, no one is gay, they are all straight! It's funny how DC Television pushes the LGBTQ+ characters, but DC Comics current editorial is trying to erase as many LGBTQ+ characters as possible!

Wait. Is that suppose to be why Rachel wanted the basement? To grow MJ???

The Lois Lane solo book got turned into a Renee Montoya series so I don't think that's completely true. And Montoya was also in the BoP movie.

Batwoman is still making semi-regular appearances.

Astonishing Member

Although Marvel tv and movies certainly have room for improvement, I don't think "unfriendly" is fair or accurate. The movies have dragged their heels getting there, for sure, but are finally starting to introduce and acknowledge LGBT characters. And the tv shows have done so for a while. The Nico/Karolina relationship was a big part of the storyline in the RUNAWAYS show. The JESSICA JONES show had openly LGBT characters in the cast, including one of the series regulars. AGENTS OF SHIELD's LGBT inclusion has been spotty and they definitely could/should have done better, but they have had a few LGBT recurring and one-off characters.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Wait. Is that suppose to be why Rachel wanted the basement? To grow MJ???
    'MJ' for me is shorthand for Peter Parker's girlfriend/wife Mary-Jane Watson-Parker, on this forum, so I had no idea what this was out of context. "Rachel's growing a clone of Peter's girlfriend? WTF?"

Extraordinary Member

One of her “gal pals?” Is Leah saying Rachel and Betsy have a relationship?

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by zinderel View Post

This. Not trying to dismiss the previous important queer representation we've got in different ways, but Marvel dropping that wedding on the pages of their big summer event was a big deal. Now I just hope they learned their lesson from Northstar's wedding and won't just go ''well, we did our part, now let's shelf these characters for the next several years''. Representation in one book is important, but you have to make a statement by letting it be a recurring thing instead of a very special moment we get every several years.

Fantastic Member Waking Replica's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    This. Not trying to dismiss the previous important queer representation we've got in different ways, but Marvel dropping that wedding on the pages of their big summer event was a big deal. Now I just hope they learned their lesson from Northstar's wedding and won't just go ''well, we did our part, now let's shelf these characters for the next several years''. Representation in one book is important, but you have to make a statement by letting it be a recurring thing instead of a very special moment we get every several years.
    Can I just say that's my biggest worry? Looking at the solicits, the King in Black prelude seems to touch on Kree and Skrull characters I have never seen with little mention of the post war Alliance sans the title having Emyre in it. While I initially was happy because that possibly meant Teddy didn't have to deal with that bs, I came to the realization that it also meant Billy and Teddy might not have consistent-ish appearances after Empyre anymore.

Thankfully, I feel like Al, especially after saying he's got a lot of love for them as characters and a couple, might let them pop up in GoTG, since he said that the book would sort of see all the repercussions of Empyre play out, and we know of a potential spot they could land in.

That being said, they also have the benefit of being integral parts of a semi-popular team primed for a comeback, so I could see that coming, but that's also a while away. There's also a relatively near MCU debut for them to maybe jumpstart consistent appearances, but that might intersect with a YA book, which like I said might not come soon after.