View Poll Results: Who is your favourite 616 Marvel LGBT character?

Voters
891. You may not vote on this poll
  • ANOLE [Victor Borkowski]

30 3.37%
  • BLING! [Roxanne ‘Roxy’ Washington]

12 1.35%
  • CULLEN BLOODSTONE

21 2.36%
  • DAKEN AKIHIRO

47 5.27%
  • HULKLING [Theodore ‘Teddy’ Altman]

49 5.50%
  • KARMA [Xi’an Coy Mahn]

49 5.50%
  • KAROLINA DEAN

47 5.27%
  • LOKI LAUFEYSON, God of Mischief

78 8.75%
  • MOONDRAGON [Heather Douglas]

46 5.16%
  • MYSTIQUE [Raven Darkholme]

134 15.04%
  • NORTHSTAR [Jean-Paul Beaubier]

69 7.74%
  • PRODIGY [David Alleyne]

26 2.92%
  • RICTOR [Julio Esteban Ricter]

47 5.27%
  • SHATTERSTAR [Gaveedra-7]

51 5.72%
  • WICCAN [William ‘Billy’ Kaplan], the Demiurge

185 20.76%
Page 293 of 1132 FirstFirst ... 193243283289290291292293294295296297303343393793 ... LastLast
Results 4,381 to 4,395 of 16973

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    The problem with Wiccan is that Wanda just debuted in the MCU.
    Technically this shouldn't be a problem at all. It's not like Wiccan and Speed's ages work perfectly in the comics.
    They just have to tinker with his origins ever so slightly. It's slightly more dificult because MCU Scarlet Witch's powers don't immediatly seem to be magic-based. If they based her powers in magic you could simply have her create the twins subconciously. As it stands, I think a time-displaced Wiccan and/or Speed would be the easiest to do.

Frankly even in the more limited MCU Wiccan can easily be introduced with just a tiny bit of creativity. The harder part is Teddy because of his Skrull connection. But that could be solved by making him a Kree/Chitauri hybrid and making his shapeshifting the result of genetic alteration.

Honestly, I can see how they could quite easily and awesomely do a Young Avengers movie or series. They won't, but it can definitely be done.

Quote Originally Posted by NexusTenebrare View Post
    Technically this shouldn't be a problem at all. It's not like Wiccan and Speed's ages work perfectly in the comics.
    They just have to tinker with his origins ever so slightly. It's slightly more dificult because MCU Scarlet Witch's powers don't immediatly seem to be magic-based. If they based her powers in magic you could simply have her create the twins subconciously. As it stands, I think a time-displaced Wiccan and/or Speed would be the easiest to do.

Frankly even in the more limited MCU Wiccan can easily be introduced with just a tiny bit of creativity. The harder part is Teddy because of his Skrull connection. But that could be solved by making him a Kree/Chitauri hybrid and making his shapeshifting the result of genetic alteration.

Honestly, I can see how they could quite easily and awesomely do a Young Avengers movie or series. They won't, but it can definitely be done.
    Yeah, time displaced kids is the only thing I can think about it, but they never did something like this in the MCU(right?) so I think the chances are still pretty low... I just wish they make the Wanda and Vision couple, I mean, why the hell Natasha and Bruce can happen and that don't? :P

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by America / Bucky / Russia View Post
    I just feel their feelings of their first time together could have been conveyed without all the grunting and just with a few cuts and close-ups, then go to Jessica leaving. It should be more succinct. I feel similarly awkward about the adult content in Game of Thrones.

Maybe I have a degree of asexuality to me. I don't know. I find it confusing. Maybe I'll never watch Shortbus after all.
    well the scene was graphic? I still didn't watched cause college eating my time.
    I don't have problems with sex scenes but most of them really looks unnecessary or just too graphic. I don't even watch game of thrones because it feels too much titillating and rapey

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Yeah, time displaced kids is the only thing I can think about it, but they never did something like this in the MCU(right?) so I think the chances are still pretty low... I just wish they make the Wanda and Vision couple, I mean, why the hell Natasha and Bruce can happen and that don't? :P
    I picked up on a few light hints of Wanda/Viz in Age of Ultron. Hopefully it'll be built upon in the Infinity War 2-parter.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tayswift View Post
    well the scene was graphic? I still didn't watched cause college eating my time.
    I don't have problems with sex scenes but most of them really looks unnecessary or just too graphic. I don't even watch game of thrones because it feels too much titillating and rapey
    It's not as gratuitous as game of thrones, nor is at as graphic, but you definitely wouldn't find it on cable television.

Mighty Member America / Bucky / Russia's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Danileriver23 View Post
    It's not as gratuitous as game of thrones, nor is at as graphic, but you definitely wouldn't find it on cable television.
    It was giving me flashbacks to Torchwood: Miracle Day. So Starz level as opposed to HBO level.

"college eating my time" I can very much relate to. Some people have watched the whole series and I've only watched the first episode. What can I say, I like to space things out.
    Films blog / Books blog / Comics blog / Tumblr / Twitter / Flickr / Photobucket / Dailymotion / YouTube
    My BFI Film Academy short film Hold-Out
    Review column on Doctor Who fansite kasterborous.com
    CBR's LGBT Community

Marvel shares the rights to the Skrulls with Fox, they just don't have most of the named characters. As Fox doesn't have access to the Kree, though, they still have an intact Hulkling.

As for Wiccan's origins, I would just sever them from Scarlet Witch. They barely interact beyond his fanboyism anyway, and we won't be getting a "search for Wanda" arc after a Disassembled type thing anyway, most likely, so it isn't a huge loss.

For a YA movie I'd adapt the Mother arc of the last volume and use it as a reason why the team was formed. Then you can have Wiccan's origins come straight from being the Demiurge. No Wanda and Vision convoluted baby stuff required.

Quote Originally Posted by Reality View Post
    Marvel shares the rights to the Skrulls with Fox, they just don't have most of the named characters. As Fox doesn't have access to the Kree, though, they still have an intact Hulkling.

As for Wiccan's origins, I would just sever them from Scarlet Witch. They barely interact beyond his fanboyism anyway, and we won't be getting a "search for Wanda" arc after a Disassembled type thing anyway, most likely, so it isn't a huge loss.

For a YA movie I'd adapt the Mother arc of the last volume and use it as a reason why the team was formed. Then you can have Wiccan's origins come straight from being the Demiurge. No Wanda and Vision convoluted baby stuff required.
    Like I said, they just need to streamline Wiccan's origins a little, but there's really no reason why they should cut his connection to the Scarlet Witch. I think it adds a nice touch to the character. And the point of the original YA was their connection to other Avengers.
    I also disagree with adapting the Mother arc. There are various reasons why that wouldn't work. For one thing, Marvel isn't going to get rid of Tom Hiddleston (sp?) Loki.
    Also just because Heinberg's run was better.

Like I said, they just need to streamline Wiccan's origins a little, but there's really no reason why they should cut his connection to the Scarlet Witch. I think it adds a nice touch to the character. And the point of the original YA was their connection to other Avengers.
    I also disagree with adapting the Mother arc. There are various reasons why that wouldn't work. For one thing, Marvel isn't going to get rid of Tom Hiddleston (sp?) Loki.
    Also just because Heinberg's run was better.
    I meant the Mother arc as in using Mother as the villain instead of Kang, not as in the same lineup. The Kree/Skrull thing could be part of it, maybe as part of them learning each other's backgrounds through Mother's machinations. Whatever we'll get will be pretty different from the original arc regardless.

I'd suggest having Scarlet Witch act as a mentor/big sister type character in the MCU would work better than her being his mother-ish.
    Last edited by Reality; 11-22-2015 at 09:00 PM.

Justified Ancient of MuMu wonderlad's Avatar

LOL maybe in the MCU they could have Hiddleston Loki as Wiccan's mum!!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Reality View Post
    With the exception of Spider-Man, I don't think marvel's too keen on releasing characters that they only kind of own. Plus, a general audience may be ready for a homosexual relationship on screen, but I don't know if they are ready for a halfbreed shapeshifting teenage prince. Then again marvel made the world fall in love with a talking tree that can only say 2 words so I don't know what I'm talking about.

They could just replace the skrulls with any other race and tell the same story, since they have the Krees. Would anyone be bothered about it? I wouldn't.

With the exception of Spider-Man, I don't think marvel's too keen on releasing characters that they only kind of own. Plus, a general audience may be ready for a homosexual relationship on screen, but I don't know if they are ready for a halfbreed shapeshifting teenage prince. Then again marvel made the world fall in love with a talking tree that can only say 2 words so I don't know what I'm talking about.
    Groot can say 3 words...
    I am Groot.

Supernatural Inhuman! Lucena Soares's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by krazijoe View Post
    Groot can say 3 words...
    I am Groot.
    And in the MCU he can say 5!
    I. WE. AM. ARE. GROOT!

Mighty Member America / Bucky / Russia's Avatar

I'm sure a general audience may be, but if Marvel is chasing an international audience, this may be holding them back.
    Films blog / Books blog / Comics blog / Tumblr / Twitter / Flickr / Photobucket / Dailymotion / YouTube
    My BFI Film Academy short film Hold-Out
    Review column on Doctor Who fansite kasterborous.com
    CBR's LGBT Community