View Poll Results: Who is your favourite 616 Marvel LGBT character?

Voters
891. You may not vote on this poll
  • ANOLE [Victor Borkowski]

30 3.37%
  • BLING! [Roxanne ‘Roxy’ Washington]

12 1.35%
  • CULLEN BLOODSTONE

21 2.36%
  • DAKEN AKIHIRO

47 5.27%
  • HULKLING [Theodore ‘Teddy’ Altman]

49 5.50%
  • KARMA [Xi’an Coy Mahn]

49 5.50%
  • KAROLINA DEAN

47 5.27%
  • LOKI LAUFEYSON, God of Mischief

78 8.75%
  • MOONDRAGON [Heather Douglas]

46 5.16%
  • MYSTIQUE [Raven Darkholme]

134 15.04%
  • NORTHSTAR [Jean-Paul Beaubier]

69 7.74%
  • PRODIGY [David Alleyne]

26 2.92%
  • RICTOR [Julio Esteban Ricter]

47 5.27%
  • SHATTERSTAR [Gaveedra-7]

51 5.72%
  • WICCAN [William ‘Billy’ Kaplan], the Demiurge

185 20.76%
Page 1032 of 1132 FirstFirst ... 32532932982102210281029103010311032103310341035103610421082 ... LastLast
Results 15,466 to 15,480 of 16971

In this week's issue of Strange Academy, they sort of implied that Alvi, one of the Asgardian brothers, might be gay.

Some guys were beating up his friend, Calvin. When he goes to defend him, they call the two boyfriends. Alvi's response is that he doesn't understand why that's an insult and that Calvin isn't his type of man.

It could be something.

Incredible Member

5594f070-7618-4ad9-b9e9-8de177f73c31.jpg

So apparently Franklin got his right ear peirced, is Slott hinting at something?

Usually I ship him with Katie Power but he is probably about 5 years older then her.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Magmaster12 View Post
    5594f070-7618-4ad9-b9e9-8de177f73c31.jpg

So apparently Franklin got his right ear peirced, is Slott hinting at something?

Usually I ship him with Katie Power but he is probably about 5 years older then her.
    I’ve been told by young people that the whole “ear ring in which ear” doesn’t mean anything now as opposed to 20 or 30 tears ago.

Not sure if true:

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    I’ve been told by young people that the whole “ear ring in which ear” doesn’t mean anything now as opposed to 20 or 30 tears ago.

Not sure if true:
    A lot of that sort of coding has fallen by the wayside over the years, just as the hanky code before it did.

Although its possible Slott may out Franklin as gay or bi, I wouldn't make any assumptions just based on the earring. Franklin commented in the story that it was something that a lot of the mutants on Krakoa were doing, so it seems to be more of a "mutant pride" than a "gay pride" symbol on his part.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Magnito View Post
    In this week's issue of Strange Academy, they sort of implied that Alvi, one of the Asgardian brothers, might be gay.

Some guys were beating up his friend, Calvin. When he goes to defend him, they call the two boyfriends. Alvi's response is that he doesn't understand why that's an insult and that Calvin isn't his type of man.

It could be something.
    Interesting! With that many new teen characters in a book I figured it was just a matter of time before at least one got outed as LGBT. Thanks for letting us know.

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    something a lot of the mutants on Krakoa were doing, so it seems to be more of a "mutant pride" than a "gay pride" symbol on his part.
    Yeah all the gay ones lol
    GrindrStone(D)

Astonishing Member

The Week In Gay:

Fantastic Four #24 - Iceman guest stars and we get flashbacks to the untold story of teenage Iceman's stint as a fill-in FF member. With this issue cementing the fact that Bobby is considered part of the family, and with Franklin now spending time on Krakoa, this may set up future Iceman guest appearances down the road.

Marvel Zombies: Resurrection #2 - we see some alternate universe versions of a few LGBT characters like Northstar and Viv

Strange Academy #3 - Alvi has been implied to be LGBT (thanks to Magnito for pointing this one out)

X-Factor #4 - Part 2 of "X Of Swords". Rictor gets a fair bit of panel time, and his ambiguous relationship with Apocalypse is touched on with Apocalypse demonstrating a strong emotional connection to him.

Mighty Member

A lot of that sort of coding has fallen by the wayside over the years, just as the hanky code before it did.

Although its possible Slott may out Franklin as gay or bi, I wouldn't make any assumptions just based on the earring. Franklin commented in the story that it was something that a lot of the mutants on Krakoa were doing, so it seems to be more of a "mutant pride" than a "gay pride" symbol on his part.
    Agreed. Slott is doing this to show that now that the XMEN and the F4 made up, Franklin is "proud" to show his mutant heritage. Its something an older person would think would win them points with a younger more open audience.

With that said, if they did go that way, I could see myself easily buying him as queer.

Astonishing Member

The Week In Gay:

Champions #1 - The latest volume of CHAMPIONS launches as part of the "Outlawed" storyline, and Viv is still part of the cast (pleasant surprise since it seemed like she'd been killed in the OUTLAWED one-shot)

Deadpool #7

Magnificent Ms. Marvel #15 - Zoe Zimmer appears as a supporting character

Marauders #13 - although this chapter of the "X Of Swords" crossover focuses entirely on Storm, Kate Pryde does make a brief appearance.

Wolverine #6 and X-Force #13 - more "X Of Swords". The two issues introduce Solem, a new bisexual bad guy who is apparently intended to be an important addition to Wolverine's rogues gallery

Astonishing Member OopsIdiditagain's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post

Not sure if true:
    It's just a trend now
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

Astonishing Member OopsIdiditagain's Avatar

I'm not convinced that Sunspot moved to space just for Deathbird but whatever, "bestfriends" it is for now.
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

Astonishing Member

The Week In Gay:

Captain America #24 - Toni Ho makes an appearance

Immortal Hulk #38 - Dr. McGowan makes an appearance as part of the regular supporting cast

Hellions #5, New Mutants #13 and Cable #5 all came out this week, continuing the "X Of Swords" crossover. None of the explicitly confirmed LGBT X-characters were in these issues, but Mister Sinister continues to putty out campy gay vibes in HELLIONS while Magik (who has at least been implied to be bi recently) was in NEW MUTANTS and CABLE.

Astonishing Member

The Week In Gay:

Excalibur #13 - Betsy and her siblings are at the forefront of this issue. A divergent Rictor who became a Captain Britain also appears in this issue.

Guardians Of The Galaxy #7 - Marvel Boy takes center stage this issue, and there is a bit of discussion of his relationship with Hercules. Also we get a bit of how Phyla is coping with the merging of the two Moondragons and the impact this has had on their relationship.

Maestro #3 - an alternate future version of Hercules appears

If anyone knows of any I missed, please let us know!

The Week In Gay:

Excalibur #13 - Betsy and her siblings are at the forefront of this issue. A divergent Rictor who became a Captain Britain also appears in this issue.

Guardians Of The Galaxy #7 - Marvel Boy takes center stage this issue, and there is a bit of discussion of his relationship with Hercules. Also we get a bit of how Phyla is coping with the merging of the two Moondragons and the impact this has had on their relationship.

Maestro #3 - an alternate future version of Hercules appears

If anyone knows of any I missed, please let us know!
    So we got a comics with a bisexual Hercules from the present who currently has got a boyfriend (GotG) and a Hercules from a possible future who only have sex with females (Maestro)!? Or did I misread the Maestro comics!?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ETMike1988 View Post
    So we got a comics with a bisexual Hercules from the present who currently has got a boyfriend (GotG) and a Hercules from a possible future who only have sex with females (Maestro)!? Or did I misread the Maestro comics!?
    I am trade-waiting on MAESTRO so I can't say for sure, but unless he explicitly said he only has sex with women I wouldn't assume it. Looking at Herc's track record in the comics his preference is clearly towards women so that is what we're going to most frequently see him pursuing.

One addition to the list - I hear that Juggernaut #2 has a very small cameo of Dr. McGowan.