View Poll Results: Who is your favourite 616 Marvel LGBT character?

Voters
891. You may not vote on this poll
  • ANOLE [Victor Borkowski]

30 3.37%
  • BLING! [Roxanne ‘Roxy’ Washington]

12 1.35%
  • CULLEN BLOODSTONE

21 2.36%
  • DAKEN AKIHIRO

47 5.27%
  • HULKLING [Theodore ‘Teddy’ Altman]

49 5.50%
  • KARMA [Xi’an Coy Mahn]

49 5.50%
  • KAROLINA DEAN

47 5.27%
  • LOKI LAUFEYSON, God of Mischief

78 8.75%
  • MOONDRAGON [Heather Douglas]

46 5.16%
  • MYSTIQUE [Raven Darkholme]

134 15.04%
  • NORTHSTAR [Jean-Paul Beaubier]

69 7.74%
  • PRODIGY [David Alleyne]

26 2.92%
  • RICTOR [Julio Esteban Ricter]

47 5.27%
  • SHATTERSTAR [Gaveedra-7]

51 5.72%
  • WICCAN [William ‘Billy’ Kaplan], the Demiurge

185 20.76%
Page 771 of 1132 FirstFirst ... 271671721761767768769770771772773774775781821871 ... LastLast
Results 11,551 to 11,565 of 16971

Quote Originally Posted by Jumpyshark View Post
    Definitely a bummer, and I've seen people speculating that She-Hulk might be ending too, which is also crappy if it turns out to be true.
    Yeah... thing is, as much as I have been enjoying the current book, I do want to see Jen go back to her 'happy' Jade Goddess form sooner rather then later, and I am not really sure if Tamaki is the person to write such a book. I dunno if the book will end, but I could see a new creative team come in.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Starleafgirl View Post
    Really sad! I'm hoping that maybe they're somehow just taking the month of March off, but...

...comics don't really work like that. If ya don't see 'em, they're cancelled. Especially if sales are as bad as they have been... >.<
    Well, sometimes books do skip a month for a variety of reasons--it has happened before, and will undoubtedly happen again. Unfortunately, in this case, most of these cancellations have been confirmed by the writers involved.

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    Well, sometimes books do skip a month for a variety of reasons--it has happened before, and will undoubtedly happen again. Unfortunately, in this case, most of these cancellations have been confirmed by the writers involved.
    Yeah, Grace has confirmed the Iceman cancellation. But at least he said it's not the end of his work at Marvel, so... fingers crossed.

Hawkeye, Generation X, She-Hulk, Luke Cage, and America, all ending. (Gwenpool, too, but I've been reading that digitally.) That's five books off my pull list. A full quarter of my pull list. And that's right after USAvengers ended, and Silver Surfer.

My pull list has taken a massive beating.

So the Cebulski era sure is off to a great start.

They'd damned well better have more work lined up for diverse creators, given that, of the six cancellations confirmed today, five of them were books written by women or POC. And THREE by WOC, which you may recognize as literally every single comic they currently have written by women of colour. Like . . . I'm not alone in thinking that's screwed-up, right? Because seriously, that feels deeply screwed-up that Marvel is cancelling all their titles written by WOC, at the same time. It'd be different if they'd already made announcements of upcoming books written by WOC, but nope, we've got nothin'.

^^It's really messed up and worrisome. I really hope announcements are forthcoming to relieve some of these fears.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    Yeah, Grace has confirmed the Iceman cancellation. But at least he said it's not the end of his work at Marvel, so... fingers crossed.
    It's such a shame Christina Strain can't give us the same reassurance (although I'm sure she's pretty busy with the Magicians). She really has a great perspective to offer and is very driven toward providing us with much needed queer romance.

It's a shame Iceman wasn't given a stronger promotional push / a prominent (queer?) interior artist (although Kevin Wada on covers was a blessing for sure).
    Last edited by MYCMTSC; 12-19-2017 at 11:00 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spinster Sinister View Post
    Wait...wuh???
    Yeah, I was wondering the same thing. What's this about Flint almost being gay?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan615 View Post
    The solicit for iceman did mention the idea of Iceman leading his own team. Would LOVE a team book with Bobby as the leader, penned by Sina. His solo series has been stellar and the natural progression for his character after grappling with the personal stuff he faced in his ongoing series would be for him to become a leader of a team.
    Maybe that is the plan to continue the story--since Iceman as a solo didn't get the numbers to support itself, maybe they'll try giving Grace an Iceman-led team book instead?

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post
    Like . . . I'm not alone in thinking that's screwed-up, right? Because seriously, that feels deeply screwed-up that Marvel is cancelling all their titles written by WOC, at the same time. It'd be different if they'd already made announcements of upcoming books written by WOC, but nope, we've got nothin'.
    The wrinkle there is that some of those titles were "X" books. While it's a drag, I never expected the "X Titles Will Be Cancelled Quickly If They Don't Perform." rule to be set aside just because of the "Real World" context that accompanies them.

Iceman, Hawkeye and Gen X. Except Runaways, that's everything I read these days.

Come March, I'm down to exactly one book. That sucks.

Spectacular Member

America was absolutely horrendous. Very easily the worst book Marvel has published in recent memory. I'll be glad to see it go. Here's hoping Rivera is done with the medium and goes back to writing self published erotica.

Bummed about Generation X and Iceman though, especially Generation X. Christina Strain has done a fantastic job at ensuring each character has an individual voice and I found myself caring about all of the kids. I hope she finds more work on the X-books.
    Last edited by Garbledarber; 12-20-2017 at 12:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    The wrinkle there is that some of those titles were "X" books. While it's a drag, I never expected the "X Titles Will Be Cancelled Quickly If They Don't Perform." rule to be set aside just because of the "Real World" context that accompanies them.
    Sure, but still, they had 3 titles being written by women of colour, and they canceled all three, all at once, without having anything already announced to replace them. And that feels shitty to me.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post
    This week in gay - both America and Gen X are gone, and people are convinced Iceman is dead the month after.
    Not a good week for LGBTQ-led titles. D: Hopefully we'll have more to come. Where on Earth is my Wiccan & Hulkling book, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfMagnetism View Post
    Not only that but I see X-Men fans are already hoping Marvel retcons his coming out.
    Just another tuesday, then? LOL. I'm past the point of caring about those people. They're not getting what they want.

Quote Originally Posted by maxhilary View Post
    And I read that Hawkeye may be ending too. Of course Kate is straight but still worth noting.
    Absolutely worth noting. The book had some LGBTQ rep in the supporting cast, and Kate just hangs out with LGBTQ people so much overall she is pretty much the gayest straight character Marvel has. She can sit with us.

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post
    I am still clinging to the tiniest hope that Iceman may either survive, or get an Iceman and the X-Men series for at least the same amount of issues
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan615 View Post
    The solicit for iceman did mention the idea of Iceman leading his own team. Would LOVE a team book with Bobby as the leader, penned by Sina. His solo series has been stellar and the natural progression for his character after grappling with the personal stuff he faced in his ongoing series would be for him to become a leader of a team.
    That would be pretty cool. I can totally see Grace writing a very LGBTQ-inclusive team of X-Men, which would be very welcome, considering how we just lost the most inclusive X-titles. But right now I can't help but feel it's not a good timing for this. We have FOUR X-teams being published, for goodness' sake. Between Blue, Gold, Astonishing and Red with all the ''fan-favorites'' characters, I fear an Iceman-led team would just get the short end of the stick. Unless they can push some really popular characters there like Emma Frost, a revived adult Cyclops and/or original Logan. But I would NOT want those characters stealing Iceman's thunder.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post
    Sure, but still, they had 3 titles being written by women of colour, and they canceled all three, all at once, without having anything already announced to replace them. And that feels shitty to me.
    So they should have continued to publish books that weren’t making them money because of the race and sex of their creative teams?

Quote Originally Posted by Garbledarber View Post
    So they should have continued to publish books that weren’t making them money because of the race and sex of their creative teams?
    Actually, it doesn't seem like anyone is saying that. The point there was that it might make sense to not just lose readers who enjoyed those teams perspective by just leaving a complete void where their work had been.

Quote Originally Posted by Garbledarber View Post
    Or they could have announced a couple books last week that would have WOC writers, so that when these three books were confirmed as ending, it would take some of the sting out, and would also demonstrate a real commitment to continue supporting diverse creators. Rather than them ending up with zero titles written by WOC, suggesting any commitment they have to diversity doesn't actually include those voices.