View Poll Results: Who is your favourite 616 Marvel LGBT character?

Voters
891. You may not vote on this poll
  • ANOLE [Victor Borkowski]

30 3.37%
  • BLING! [Roxanne ‘Roxy’ Washington]

12 1.35%
  • CULLEN BLOODSTONE

21 2.36%
  • DAKEN AKIHIRO

47 5.27%
  • HULKLING [Theodore ‘Teddy’ Altman]

49 5.50%
  • KARMA [Xi’an Coy Mahn]

49 5.50%
  • KAROLINA DEAN

47 5.27%
  • LOKI LAUFEYSON, God of Mischief

78 8.75%
  • MOONDRAGON [Heather Douglas]

46 5.16%
  • MYSTIQUE [Raven Darkholme]

134 15.04%
  • NORTHSTAR [Jean-Paul Beaubier]

69 7.74%
  • PRODIGY [David Alleyne]

26 2.92%
  • RICTOR [Julio Esteban Ricter]

47 5.27%
  • SHATTERSTAR [Gaveedra-7]

51 5.72%
  • WICCAN [William ‘Billy’ Kaplan], the Demiurge

185 20.76%
Page 854 of 1132 FirstFirst ... 354754804844850851852853854855856857858864904954 ... LastLast
Results 12,796 to 12,810 of 16972

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    okay I'm dumb. What or who is GX?
    Generation X.

Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    Iceman's book is coming back this September, still written by Sina Grace.

https://news.marvel.com/comics/89958...his-september/
    Yay!
    And my birthday is in September. So happy birthday me.

Though to be entirely honest, while I really liked the previous run, something about Sina's writing didn't really gel well with me.
    It's not that I thought his writing was bad. Something just felt off, I guess.
    Still, I'm excited to see more. Less excited about what appears to be Kitty on that cover. We get it, she was his beard for a short while. Can we stop having that idiot in Bobby's books now?
    #EmmaWasRight

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Who abbreviates Generation X as GX instead of Gen X? GX is YuGiOh lol

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Those three keystrokes take too many calories to do.

Have to conserve energy.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Someone who did not watch or know YuGiOh very well .

Oh, wow. This is surprising, but a pleasant one. Good news for Pride Month.

“Have courage and be kind. Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.”
    Cinderella

Pride month is really coming through!!!!
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post
    Hmmm, personally I'd rather see A-Sexuality explored through the eyes of a supporting cast member of any book.

It's not going to be popular for me to say it, but I do think such a thing being revealed for a character is both going to limit them in terms of what kind of stories can be told, is going to make them off putting to writers who just dont want to be dealing with the criticism or additional scrutiny such a reveal with would bring and, given the way comics work, could lead to some controversy if a writer came along who failed to understand the notion of being Ace and ended up getting it all wrong.

I think it would make a better story for someone like Nadia to be the eyes of the reader, having to explore what it means to be and to support someone who is A-Sexual, without having to be tied to a difficult trait to continue long term in any meaningful way.
    How is nydia being asexual going to limit her to the kinds of stories you can tell with her?

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post
    Hmmm, personally I'd rather see A-Sexuality explored through the eyes of a supporting cast member of any book.

It's not going to be popular for me to say it, but I do think such a thing being revealed for a character is both going to limit them in terms of what kind of stories can be told, is going to make them off putting to writers who just dont want to be dealing with the criticism or additional scrutiny such a reveal with would bring and, given the way comics work, could lead to some controversy if a writer came along who failed to understand the notion of being Ace and ended up getting it all wrong.

I think it would make a better story for someone like Nadia to be the eyes of the reader, having to explore what it means to be and to support someone who is A-Sexual, without having to be tied to a difficult trait to continue long term in any meaningful way.
    I disagree. A writer who reveals a main character as asexual is going to get some controversy for it, but future writers aren't going to get heat just for using the character after that. Future writers not understanding what asexuality even is is a concern, but I don't think it would be likely to be too big an issue. And it's not going to be particularly limiting. ****, it doesn't even prevent romantic stories, since asexuals are still capable of romantic feelings. (Hell, there's even Grey Ace, people who experience some sexual attraction.)

Ace supporting characters are good, too, of course. But I don't think Nadia being asexual would cause the problems you think it would.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

This makes me so hopeful for more LGBTQ-led books in the future. KEEP 'EM COMING, MARVEL!

So, based on a response Rosenberg made to some tweets I did criticizing New Mutants: Dead Souls, it doesn't look like Karma's going to be a big player in the last two issues. I complained about the fact that the story he's telling belongs to Karma, and he said there are reasons the story isn't about her. And ugh. There's no good reason for it not to be about her. Her dead brother who she killed comes back from the dead seeking vengeance against her, and somehow the story isn't about her? It's not like queer women of colour get a lot of stories from Marvel in the first place, and now a story that belongs to one gets handed off to a white girl instead? I love Illyana, but this ain't her story. She's got a ****-ton of stories of her own that can be told. (I still want an Illyana/Kitty road trip comic.) Giving her one that belongs to one of Marvel's few queer women of colour is total bullshit.

Maybe that's not Karma?
    I mean, I dunno, the story isn't OVER yet.
    I've got my JUSTICE-FOR-KARMA-outrage-pooh ready for slinging BUT ONLY when the story ENDS COMPLETELY and we learn ALL THE DETAILS. Until then I'm not going to preemptively key gnash and tweet snarl.
    Those industry folk get enough nonsense "attacks" from the "fans" as it is.

Like, during Secret Wars there were a lot of titles that were a bit misleading in who the focus characters would be -- like the Runaways book and Inferno, for example, but despite my own belief of who SHOULD be the focus, those stories proved entertaining.

Don't get me wrong, once again, I TOTALLY understand the vantage point and the argument and I'm already wearing my feminist button and my equality blazer and I've bought my tickets to the "WTF" show, should this wind up being nonsense, but its not over so I'm just sidelining with the rest of the pleebz till such fury fires are appropriately lit.
    Last edited by Fokken; 06-14-2018 at 05:04 AM.

So Rictor didn't actually die, yay. Doesn't really change the fact that what was ostensibly a funeral issue for Julio was less about him, his life and his loved ones, and more about Magik and everyone comforting Magik.

We're 4 issues in to a 6 issue miniseries, and Xi'an still hasn't had an active role in the plot. Even if this is all some sort of master plan she's orchestrated that doesn't make it better that she's taken a backseat behind Illyana for the majority of this story. Get off of her demon dick already.

And as an aside have I expressed my displeasure about Tran's boring new skinless look? It takes away any distinguishing features he had like being a Vietnamese Male or the pink psychic power signature he shared with his sister, and makes him as generic as possible.

"Get off her demon dick already" gives me life. Thanks Bee

Mighty Member

I skipped on iceman because I found the art to be sub-par and the stories seemed more soap opera-y than superhero-y, which works for some, but not for me. However, with the art change and the brief synopsis this looks like a book I can get into an I'm happy. Iceman used to be one of my favorite x-men until the whole controversy about him being gay. Since then I feel like everybody is trying to reestablish him and make their mark instead of being the fun dorky guy I used to have. I hope this is a return to form.