View Poll Results: Who is your favourite 616 Marvel LGBT character?

Voters
891. You may not vote on this poll
  • ANOLE [Victor Borkowski]

30 3.37%
  • BLING! [Roxanne ‘Roxy’ Washington]

12 1.35%
  • CULLEN BLOODSTONE

21 2.36%
  • DAKEN AKIHIRO

47 5.27%
  • HULKLING [Theodore ‘Teddy’ Altman]

49 5.50%
  • KARMA [Xi’an Coy Mahn]

49 5.50%
  • KAROLINA DEAN

47 5.27%
  • LOKI LAUFEYSON, God of Mischief

78 8.75%
  • MOONDRAGON [Heather Douglas]

46 5.16%
  • MYSTIQUE [Raven Darkholme]

134 15.04%
  • NORTHSTAR [Jean-Paul Beaubier]

69 7.74%
  • PRODIGY [David Alleyne]

26 2.92%
  • RICTOR [Julio Esteban Ricter]

47 5.27%
  • SHATTERSTAR [Gaveedra-7]

51 5.72%
  • WICCAN [William ‘Billy’ Kaplan], the Demiurge

185 20.76%
Page 914 of 1132 FirstFirst ... 4148148649049109119129139149159169179189249641014 ... LastLast
Results 13,696 to 13,710 of 16972
    Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Can't say I'm overly invested in that Giant Man mini; No Pym, no buys.

I also saw another new books coming out of that event, where I thought Wiccan was involved, but no. It's a new character with a red scarf that looks a bit like Billy.
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post
    Can't say I'm overly invested in that Giant Man mini; No Pym, no buys.
    The GIANT-MAN mini is probably the announcement that excited me the most this week. I love Scott, Atlas and Raz so I am thrilled to see them all appearing--Raz in particular who can certainly benefit from some more exposure.

I am a fan of Pym as well, and would like to see him back--but I don't think this event would be the time or place to deal with that, since he still has the whole bonded-to-Ultron situation to resolve before he can come back.

It's 2019 and Marvel still hasn't made a superhero-led pride parade in comics organized by Janet Van Dyne.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    It's 2019 and Marvel still hasn't made a superhero-led pride parade in comics organized by Janet Van Dyne.
    We just got a Mutant Pride parade led by Dazzler and Shade

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Speaking of Raz, Tom, and other Pym babies (Erik!)--

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...inkId=63650318

This April, the drums of war deafen and shake the heroes of Earth as the WAR OF THE REALMS begins!

Scrambling to respond to the existential threat, new forces must emerge to meet the conquering forces of Malekith... And this May, four men must join forces, undertake the impossible, and rise to monstrous heights in GIANT-MAN #1!

Well, these are fittings news, considering the conversation we were just having one page ago, haha. Glad to see Raz being used again. I'm a little disappointed that they finally did a size-changing group book and it doesn't involve any of the female heroes at all, but fingers crossed this tie-in could lead to a broader group in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    Leah Williams? Huh this is not the kind of book I would expect from her. But cool
    Right? And while I'm disappointed at the lack of female heroes, it's at least refreshing to see a female writer taking on a male-led title.

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post
    I also saw another new books coming out of that event, where I thought Wiccan was involved, but no. It's a new character with a red scarf that looks a bit like Billy.
    GURL, SAME! Hahahaha. I got so excited for a second. I have zero confidence Aaron will use Billy in the main event (he couldn't even bother to acknowledge him during Last Days Of Magic), so I was hoping he would at least show up in a tie-in. Ugh, I miss the days when the Young Avengers would always get events tie-ins.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    Why would Janet be the Pride organizer? Have I missed something? Like... I guess it could be a thing, but it's definetely not a "I can't believe it hasn't happened yet!" thing. That's a random af comment lol.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    The GIANT-MAN mini is probably the announcement that excited me the most this week. I love Scott, Atlas and Raz so I am thrilled to see them all appearing--Raz in particular who can certainly benefit from some more exposure.

I am a fan of Pym as well, and would like to see him back--but I don't think this event would be the time or place to deal with that, since he still has the whole bonded-to-Ultron situation to resolve before he can come back.
    Well technically he's no longer bonded with Ultron, thank the Soul Infinity stone for that, then he got eaten so who knows...

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Why would Janet be the Pride organizer? Have I missed something? Like... I guess it could be a thing, but it's definetely not a "I can't believe it hasn't happened yet!" thing. That's a random af comment lol.
    Who else has the same media exposure and connections and positive appeal in the marvel universe than Janet does. It would almost be a worldwide thing. She fits so perfectly
    Last edited by Captain M; 02-16-2019 at 11:04 AM.

Yeah plus she used to work in fashion in New York, she’s probably hung out with the most amount of gays. I could totally see her as a guest judge on rupaul’s drag race.

Out of canon, I reckon all the avengers women have done at least some work with LGBTIQ organisations

1. She hulk volunteered legal services for the Supreme Court decision to grant marriage equality
    2. Susan storm and scarlet witch run PFLAG organisations
    3. Natasha infiltrates far right church organisations and leaks their d*ck pics
    4. Jessica Jones campaigned for helps for HIV positive people
    Last edited by Silvermoth; 02-16-2019 at 03:17 PM.

Giant-Man, Valkyrie (Exiles), Annabelle Riggs, Deadpool, Karolina Dean, Pod, Tong, Max Modell, Iceman, Shatterstar, Phyla, Moondragon, Mystique, Loki, Quasar (Kincaid), Hercules, Angela, the Young Avengers, and Sera.

Also, Legion isn't in the MCU, but Lenny Busker (Aubrey Plaza) and Clark (Hamish Linklater) are both gay. We even meet Clark's husband and their son in the first season finale.
    You are my favorite thing, Peter. My very favorite thing.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I don't really see Janet just organizing an 'ordinary' Pride event, without there being some special circumstance to prompt it. But if there were ever to be some sort of superhero-related Pride event--perhaps with 'out' LGBT heroes holding a public event to inspire and support LGBT youth (and adults), etc, I could certainly see Jan actively getting involved and organizing and funding something like that.

I like to think that Jan organized a 'coming out' party for Miguel Santos (Lightning) after he came out as gay. After all, Jan was the one who first nominated him for Avengers membership back in the day, so I am sure she's proud of him.

Astonishing Member

The Week In Gay:

Shatterstar #5: Final issue of the mini, which has been quite a fun read. I've never been particularly interested in Shatterstar as a solo character, but I was pleasantly surprised at how much I enjoyed this. And Rictor is back for the final issue too.

Age Of X-Man: NextGen #1: Anole and Bling both appear.

Avengers: No Road Home #1: Hercules is one of the main cast for this 10 issue series, and Toni Ho makes an appearance in the first issue.

Runaways #18: More of Karolina and Nico (and Kris Anka's final issue as interior artist )

Spider-Man/Deadpool #46:

Ms Marvel #38: Zoe Zimmer appears

Squirrel Girl #41: No Koi Boi in this issue, but Nancy is prominent. The story takes place during the first arc of Nick Spencer's AMAZING SPIDER-MAN run when Peter Parker and Spider-Man were split into two different people.

Mr & Mrs X #8:

Astonishing Member

Wow -- quiet week in this thread!

The Week In Gay:

Guardians Of The Galaxy #2 - Moondragon and Phyla get a little scene to themselves...and Moondragon gets to put Cosmic Ghost Rider in his place, which was wonderful to see. Eros continues to play a role as well, and is still acting oddly...

Avengers: No Road Home #2

Unstoppable Wasp #5 - This issue delves into Nadia's bipolar disorder, and has some nice moments in the Ying/Shay relationship.

Wolverine: Infinity Watch #1 - Loki is co-starring in this.

And for the wait-for-trade crowd we have the first arc of Kelly Thompson's WEST COAST AVENGERS (featuring America Chavez), and the 2nd arc of Nick Spencer's AMAZING SPIDER-MAN (guest starring Black Cat). Also there was a BLACK PANTHER Epic Edition which has appearances of Taku (Wakanda's communications chief, who was subtextually written as gay back in the McGregor run but could not be officially outed at the time due to Comics Code standards).

Anything I missed?

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    Wow -- quiet week in this thread!

The Week In Gay:

Guardians Of The Galaxy #2 - Moondragon and Phyla get a little scene to themselves...and Moondragon gets to put Cosmic Ghost Rider in his place, which was wonderful to see. Eros continues to play a role as well, and is still acting oddly...

Avengers: No Road Home #2

Unstoppable Wasp #5 - This issue delves into Nadia's bipolar disorder, and has some nice moments in the Ying/Shay relationship.

Wolverine: Infinity Watch #1 - Loki is co-starring in this.

And for the wait-for-trade crowd we have the first arc of Kelly Thompson's WEST COAST AVENGERS (featuring America Chavez), and the 2nd arc of Nick Spencer's AMAZING SPIDER-MAN (guest starring Black Cat). Also there was a BLACK PANTHER Epic Edition which has appearances of Taku (Wakanda's communications chief, who was subtextually written as gay back in the McGregor run but could not be officially outed at the time due to Comics Code standards).

Anything I missed?
    What LGBT character was in Avengers:No road Home? Hercules?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Knight27 View Post
    What LGBT character was in Avengers:No road Home? Hercules?
    Yes, Hercules. Its unlikely that his bisexuality will be touched on here (although with Ewing co-writing, you never know) but he is one of the leads of this series.