View Poll Results: Who is your favourite 616 Marvel LGBT character?

Voters
891. You may not vote on this poll
  • ANOLE [Victor Borkowski]

30 3.37%
  • BLING! [Roxanne ‘Roxy’ Washington]

12 1.35%
  • CULLEN BLOODSTONE

21 2.36%
  • DAKEN AKIHIRO

47 5.27%
  • HULKLING [Theodore ‘Teddy’ Altman]

49 5.50%
  • KARMA [Xi’an Coy Mahn]

49 5.50%
  • KAROLINA DEAN

47 5.27%
  • LOKI LAUFEYSON, God of Mischief

78 8.75%
  • MOONDRAGON [Heather Douglas]

46 5.16%
  • MYSTIQUE [Raven Darkholme]

134 15.04%
  • NORTHSTAR [Jean-Paul Beaubier]

69 7.74%
  • PRODIGY [David Alleyne]

26 2.92%
  • RICTOR [Julio Esteban Ricter]

47 5.27%
  • SHATTERSTAR [Gaveedra-7]

51 5.72%
  • WICCAN [William ‘Billy’ Kaplan], the Demiurge

185 20.76%
Page 1022 of 1132 FirstFirst ... 225229229721012101810191020102110221023102410251026103210721122 ... LastLast
Results 15,316 to 15,330 of 16972

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    I agree with this statement I think they love eachother but haven't really had time to connect.
    I don't even think it makes sense for them to love each other in a distant way.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    Oh, I doubt Tommy/David will ever, ever be like Billy/Teddy, and I don't say this just because of my bias towards Wickling as a couple, but simply because I don't think any YA couple can reach the status Billy and Teddy did. It's much easier for a couple to make it when they are written to be together ever since their very creation and remain together ever since. They are the Reed/Sue of the group, so they're going to be a solid couple. The YA just don't have that with any other couple, and Thinkfast specifically will always be haunted by the fact that they are characters from different franchises, so much like Storm/Black Panther, it's very likely that editorial interference will be their downfall, unless they hit the jackpot and become the new Jessica Jones/Luke Cage, but that's the exception, not the rule.
    Agreed, and I'd prefer it that way. Different flavors of relationships, not every pairing needs to one true forever love soulmate stuff (which Billy & Teddy totally are and I will not hear otherwise!), some of it can the kind of serial monogamy that's gone on with Kate Bishop, and that's okay, too.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

So I've seen some people theorizing that Tommy is living with David (which would mean he's living in Krakoa) because of his ''can we stop to get fries before we go home'' line, but I'm not particularly convinced that's what it was supposed to mean. IF it was supposed to mean they're living together, we'll probably find out soon enough with X-Factor.

My first instinct is to assume that they don't live together and Tommy was just saying "go home" in the pejorative way as in "go to our respective homes, from this club"

But this entire ship is based on reading into subtext and fan headcanon. So it's impossible for me to predict what will happen with them

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Oh, and Anthony was in the Marvel Podcast with Chip and they talked about Emperor Hulkling. Anthony said something interesting about Krystal and how he would love to explain one day why she seems to know more about the X-Men adventures than your average Marvel civilian would. I really hope he gets to give her a backstory in a future book!

He's also been campaigning hard on Twitter for Marvel to give him a Young Avengers or Wiccan & Hulkling book, and I hope it pays off.

So I've seen some people theorizing that Tommy is living with David (which would mean he's living in Krakoa) because of his ''can we stop to get fries before we go home'' line, but I'm not particularly convinced that's what it was supposed to mean. IF it was supposed to mean they're living together, we'll probably find out soon enough with X-Factor.
    I think it'd make sense if they're living together but David isn't in Krakoa yet. He doesn't have his powers so maybe he's been hesitant to go. Leah says she has a story about him getting his powers back that is not the crucible, so there are many ways it could all go... Either way I'm not counting on Tommy being in X-Factor.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Viv’s brother Vin died too young before he discovered his sexuality.
    Or, Viv’s brother Vin died too young before we discovered his sexuality.
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”

Astonishing Member

The Week In Gay:

We had a really good week this week!

Empyre #2 - more Hulkling awesomeness as the cosmic event continues! And...does anyone else get a bit of a 'queer-vibe' off of Quoi? I can't put my finger on it, and maybe its just something to do with Schiti's makeover of the character.

Empyre: X-Men #1 of 4 - Multiple Man is one of the X-Men in this story. I wouldn't count on an appearance by his gay dupe(s), but one never knows....

The Adventures Of Teddy The Twunk oops, sorry, no I meant Emperor Hulkling - possibly the gayest comic Marvel has ever published! Even if this were the only LGBT-inclusive book out this week, it would still be a strong week for our "Week In Gay" list!

New Mutants #11 - Karma is in the cast

Wolverine #3 - Iceman has an appearance

X-Men/FF #4 of 4 - Iceman appears here too, although he role is so small he's not even included in the cast list on the recap page.

Teddy the Twunk is a better superhero name than Hulkling

Oh, and Anthony was in the Marvel Podcast with Chip and they talked about Emperor Hulkling. Anthony said something interesting about Krystal and how he would love to explain one day why she seems to know more about the X-Men adventures than your average Marvel civilian would. I really hope he gets to give her a backstory in a future book!

He's also been campaigning hard on Twitter for Marvel to give him a Young Avengers or Wiccan & Hulkling book, and I hope it pays off.
    I listened to that. It was really lovely to hear Chip being so supportive and kind to Anthony's accomplishment(s) with this issue.
    I know that lovely man has LOTS of ideas simmering in his brain on stories he'd like to tell with Billy and Teddy. I've been tweeting and retweeting and encouraging people to signal boost/blast Marvel heads, encouraging them to give him more work.

Additionally, I absolutely LOVED what he said about the Queer Experience in regards to Billy/Teddy and their day to day life. That really hit me in my soul.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    I listened to that. It was really lovely to hear Chip being so supportive and kind to Anthony's accomplishment(s) with this issue.
    I know that lovely man has LOTS of ideas simmering in his brain on stories he'd like to tell with Billy and Teddy. I've been tweeting and retweeting and encouraging people to signal boost/blast Marvel heads, encouraging them to give him more work.

Additionally, I absolutely LOVED what he said about the Queer Experience in regards to Billy/Teddy and their day to day life. That really hit me in my soul.
    I'm having trouble getting it. What'd he say about the queer experience?

Quote Originally Posted by Storm17 View Post
    I'm having trouble getting it. What'd he say about the queer experience?
    Oh I apologize.
    I'll be paraphrasing here but in the podcast he talked about how strongly he felt about including authentic queer experiences when writing Billy/ Teddy, as he did with the previous story about Loki and the Drag Brunch.
    He said that Billy and Teddy tend to feel like they're written in a vaccuum of sorts -- that their being queer isn't a big deal or influential to their behavior, the old "They just happen to be gay" thing that is commonly assigned to gay characters to make them more digestible(?) and that he makes every effort to remind readers of their queer life together. Being queer often informs how life can be and often IS very different. There is an entire culture that queer people can find themselves immersed in that Anthony makes an effort to include in his work with these boys.

Y'know like showing intimacy, drag queens, gay culture, etc.

Astonishing Member

The Week In Gay:

Captain Marvel #18 - EMPYRE tie-in with a Hulkling appearance

Empyre #3 - more Hulkling, and this issue has a reveal that is bound to complicate Teddy's life a bit further.

Iron Man 2020 #5 of 6 - Machinesmith continues to appear as part of the AI Resistance

X-Factor #1 - the bonus sized first issue of the book that is going to try and steal the crown of "Marvel's gayest ongoing title" away from MARAUDERS or STRIKEFORCE.

Is it just me, or does the way Johnny says "Really? You never noticed the eyes?" on this preview has some ~vibes~?

Quote Originally Posted by Ticomat View Post
    Is it just me, or does the way Johnny says "Really? You never noticed the eyes?" on this preview has some ~vibes~?
    Johnny always give bi-vibes. I'm surprised it's not canon by now.