View Poll Results: Who is your favourite 616 Marvel LGBT character?

Voters
891. You may not vote on this poll
  • ANOLE [Victor Borkowski]

30 3.37%
  • BLING! [Roxanne ‘Roxy’ Washington]

12 1.35%
  • CULLEN BLOODSTONE

21 2.36%
  • DAKEN AKIHIRO

47 5.27%
  • HULKLING [Theodore ‘Teddy’ Altman]

49 5.50%
  • KARMA [Xi’an Coy Mahn]

49 5.50%
  • KAROLINA DEAN

47 5.27%
  • LOKI LAUFEYSON, God of Mischief

78 8.75%
  • MOONDRAGON [Heather Douglas]

46 5.16%
  • MYSTIQUE [Raven Darkholme]

134 15.04%
  • NORTHSTAR [Jean-Paul Beaubier]

69 7.74%
  • PRODIGY [David Alleyne]

26 2.92%
  • RICTOR [Julio Esteban Ricter]

47 5.27%
  • SHATTERSTAR [Gaveedra-7]

51 5.72%
  • WICCAN [William ‘Billy’ Kaplan], the Demiurge

185 20.76%
Page 523 of 1132 FirstFirst ... 234234735135195205215225235245255265275335736231023 ... LastLast
Results 7,831 to 7,845 of 16972

Fokken, I won't be surprised at all when you start drawing comics professionally Incredible work!

100 Votes - the Demiurge

A monumental achievement; WICCAN becomes the first LGBT character to hit 100 votes on the poll (meaning 1 in 5 of all Marvel fans who vote in this thread think Billy is the best LGBT character). WHOOP WHOOP!!! The next closest is Mystique, miles away with 64 votes. So proud of our boy.

"We are Shakespeare. We are Michelangelo. We are Tchaikovsky. We are Turing. We are Mercury. We are Wilde. We are Lincoln, Lorca, Leonardo da Vinci. We are Alexander the Great. We are Fredrick the Great. We are Rustin. We are Addams. We are Marsha! Marsha Marsha Marsha! We so generous, we DeGeneres. We are Ziggy Stardust hooked to the silver screen. Controversially we are Malcolm X. We are Plato. We are Aristotle. We are RuPaul, god dammit! And yes, we are Woolf."

I wish they'd give Wiccan a solo series. Hulking can be supporting. But if there is obviously a need and a demand for something then try it out.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Astonishing Member MasterOfMagnetism's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    I wish they'd give Wiccan a solo series. Hulking can be supporting. But if there is obviously a need and a demand for something then try it out.
    Personally I think it would be better if it was a duo series focusing on the two of them, instead of a solo where Hulkling is just a supporting character.

Supernatural Inhuman! Lucena Soares's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfMagnetism View Post
    Personally I think it would be better if it was a duo series focusing on the two of them, instead of a solo where Hulkling is just a supporting character.
    Me too, specially since Teddy has more plot points laid out for him to use. Wiccan's are in such a large scale that things get a vague.
    Everything Lives!

Full support of that proposal, here.

I know that some folks find their interdependence narratively speaking a bit frustrating, but having a shared title would place them on equal footing (which I prefer) rather than delegating one or the other to (what some would perceive as) a lesser romantic support character and they could certainly rotate focus whenever the creative team wished to further progress either of them independently.

For example, if Teddy has space business to attend to and Billy has sorcerer business -- well their respective adventures could be told simultaneously with the two checking in with each other from time to time via text, as they do so adorably.

I'm fine with either. But Wiccan seems to hit stronger with the fans. All these gay characters being coupled off worries me that their identity is sololy based on their relationship. It's not like every straight character is Mr. Fantastic and Invisible Woman, but most gay characters seemed to be forced into that category. That was part of what I liked about the latest Midnighter series we got to see him away from Apollo and doing his own thing.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

BANNED

I don't like them together because Hulking always gets relegated. And well I don't like Wiccan in general. Midnighter is a poor example. Apollo was more relegated and they didn't have a lot of relationship drama.

Honestly, a duo series I like better because I like the ability to rotate. Inevitably, a solo focusing on Hulkling is going to, at some point, have Wiccan pulling focus. It happens, but simultaneously, there are so many stories out there where Billy can be shown as Teddy's cheerleader. It's an often overlooked aspect of their relationship. Those moments when Teddy steps up, like during the Skrull Invasion in the first run, and Wiccan practically said "I don't like it, but I support you." If anything about their relationship needs to be showcased its that it is two sided, and not this endless ball of angst that Wiccan has been turned into and long-suffering Hulkling propping him up.

Quote Originally Posted by JediKage View Post
    I don't like them together because Hulking always gets relegated. And well I don't like Wiccan in general. Midnighter is a poor example. Apollo was more relegated and they didn't have a lot of relationship drama.
    Except during the first run... and Secret Invasion... when Hulkling is very much the lead. Wiccan didn't actually get a story arc until Children's Crusade. This idea Teddy has never had focus is just false. Utterly utterly false
    "We are Shakespeare. We are Michelangelo. We are Tchaikovsky. We are Turing. We are Mercury. We are Wilde. We are Lincoln, Lorca, Leonardo da Vinci. We are Alexander the Great. We are Fredrick the Great. We are Rustin. We are Addams. We are Marsha! Marsha Marsha Marsha! We so generous, we DeGeneres. We are Ziggy Stardust hooked to the silver screen. Controversially we are Malcolm X. We are Plato. We are Aristotle. We are RuPaul, god dammit! And yes, we are Woolf."

Astonishing Member MasterOfMagnetism's Avatar

So has anything been going on with any LGBT characters lately? I've been focused on the Olympics and I've fallen behind with reading comics.

Supernatural Inhuman! Lucena Soares's Avatar

So has anything been going on with any LGBT characters lately? I've been focused on the Olympics and I've fallen behind with reading comics.
    Future Wiccan will be on Sorcerors Supreme.
    Ms. America decided she's fed up with CWII and took on the Ultimates, at least until the fight led to Thanos escaping.
    Fantomex and Mystique were jerks in CWII-X-Men.
    That's all i remember.
    Everything Lives!

Guys guys guys guys guys! Guys!

Anyone here reading Unbeatable Squirrel Girl? (If not, why not? It's delightful. Read it.) Anyone here a fan of Koi Boi? (Of course you are, everyone is a fan of Koi Boi.)

Koi Boi is trans. Erica Henderson confirmed it on Twitter. Magdalene Visaggio was asked if Koi Boi was wearing a binder in a certain panel, and Henderson jumped in to confirm, yes, it's a binder. It was planned from the start.

Trans superhero! Woot!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post
    Guys guys guys guys guys! Guys!

Anyone here reading Unbeatable Squirrel Girl? (If not, why not? It's delightful. Read it.) Anyone here a fan of Koi Boi? (Of course you are, everyone is a fan of Koi Boi.)

Koi Boi is trans. Erica Henderson confirmed it on Twitter. Magdalene Visaggio was asked if Koi Boi was wearing a binder in a certain panel, and Henderson jumped in to confirm, yes, it's a binder. It was planned from the start.

Trans superhero! Woot!
    Oh, wow! That is awesome!

I am reading SQUIRREL GIRL, but I am reading it in TPB so I am a bit behind (I have read all of the first volume, but the first TPB of vol.2 is in my "to-read" pile...I am backlogged on TPBs at the moment). I suspected there was some sort of LGBT aspect to Koi Boi (the name being something of a clue, of course) but I am thrilled to see it confirmed--and that we have Marvel's first trans superhero!! Awesome!!!

BANNED

Yes, we won't have to count Sasquatch in Snowbird's body anymore.
    Squirrel Girl and Patsy Walker are must reads.