Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Default Moon Knight Appreciation 2024 - The Midnight Mission continues...with Vengeance!

Moon Knight has been known by many names and in 2024 Jed McKay seeks to tease us with a new one. Be here for Vengeance of the Moon Knight #1 launching in January.

To get things started in 2024 for existing fans and any new comers here is a visual tour of MK through the years.
    MK_masterpic1.jpg
    MK_masterpic2.jpg

MK1_vol12.jpg
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Hoping 2024 will be Awesome for Mr. Knight

"Good-bye. Good luck. Good riddance."

Happy New Year to Marc, the Midnight Mission, and his fans .

May the Midnight Mission have an amazing 2024 and beyond.
    The Avengers are Firefighters. We're the ones who fly into the blaze, whatever it is. Because we're the ones who
    can, so we're the ones who have to.~Captain Marvel

Got the chance to read VOMK 1 early. May be the best issue of Mackay Moon Knight yet. It's that Fucking good! Simply perfection!

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

From what the solicits are implying its funny to think the new Moon Knight is potentially more rabid than Marc was.

And Marc could get pretty rabid. Guess the distinction is the new MK is out of their gourd from their start, while it took Marc some time before he reached that period of losing his mind in devotion to Khonshu.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    From what the solicits are implying its funny to think the new Moon Knight is potentially more rabid than Marc was.

And Marc could get pretty rabid. Guess the distinction is the new MK is out of their gourd from their start, while it took Marc some time before he reached that period of losing his mind in devotion to Khonshu.
    I'm not sure "rabid" is the right word... indeed, if I were going to pick a descriptor, based solely on VoMK#1, it would be:

spoilers:
    Dedicated
    end of spoilers

VoMK #1 may go down as one of the best issues of Moon Knight ever and certainly of Jed Mackay's run. I truly get now why this had to be a relaunch instead of just continuing the numbering of the previous run. Just an awesome issue with the art team somehow managing to level up their already fantastic work.
    The Avengers are Firefighters. We're the ones who fly into the blaze, whatever it is. Because we're the ones who
    can, so we're the ones who have to.~Captain Marvel

I got the issue today at lunch and read it.
    Vengeance of Moon Knight #1

Jed has picked up the story and begun running out of the gate. Now, I know this is really a marathon but Jed sprinted this first issue very strongly!
    By issues end I believe 8-Ball is alive just very, very hurt VS how I thought he might be dead on the opening page.
    Great character pieces with the Mission crew. Hunters Moon shines nicely and Greer is grieving hard. Nice to see some hero cameos paying respects.
    Reese playing the role of Marc with the Dr. Sterman sit down was very strong and how her closing convo gave us intro to the mystery MK was....intriguing!
    Already eager for issue #2!!

Just going to chime in to say that VoMK1 was the best comic that I have read this week. Maybe in several weeks. There was great character work with the Mission cast as well as action I never really cared for Moon Knight that much, or had any sort o knowledge of the character's history. But Mackay is turning him into one of my favorite characters. The cast that he has added to this comic is excellent as well.

Really enjoyed this. I'll say that though it was a relaunch, it felt as though it was a great continuation of McKay's previous run. Having just reread it in it's entirety, I liked seeing how all of the side characters are taking more noticeable positions. I like this role Reese plays. Examining Tigra's motivation was fascinating. And wow, I can't believe my shock seeing 8-Ball attacked. Who knew I'd ever say that about 8-Ball?!

Looking forward to the next issue.
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

The look of the suit(s) in live action surpassed my wildest expectations. The conceit to mummy wrappings was brilliant.

Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Okay I'm gonna lay out the guess that the new Moon Knight is spoilers:
    Zodiac. Since Khonshu is still imprisoned that means he shouldn't be able to empower any new Moon Knights, meaning presumably the new guy isn't ordained.
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post
    Really enjoyed this. I'll say that though it was a relaunch, it felt as though it was a great continuation of McKay's previous run. Having just reread it in it's entirety, I liked seeing how all of the side characters are taking more noticeable positions. I like this role Reese plays. Examining Tigra's motivation was fascinating. And wow, I can't believe my shock seeing 8-Ball attacked. Who knew I'd ever say that about 8-Ball?!

Looking forward to the next issue.
    It is a continuation of the previous story. It's not a relaunch, it's just another book like She-Hulk where Marvel decided that a new shiny #1 was in order. I mean, I get it they know all the inside baseball so I'm sure they're right and new #1's increase sales but it's a weird move for readers.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

My guess on the new Moon Knight is:
    spoilers:
    Khonshu, who has used Marc's body as his escape mechanism from the imprisonment he has been in. So MK humanly looks like Marc, has access to his memories etc but the driver is Khonshu. Think Ock in Peters body.
    end of spoilers