View Poll Results: Who is your favourite 616 Marvel LGBT character?

Voters
891. You may not vote on this poll
  • ANOLE [Victor Borkowski]

30 3.37%
  • BLING! [Roxanne ‘Roxy’ Washington]

12 1.35%
  • CULLEN BLOODSTONE

21 2.36%
  • DAKEN AKIHIRO

47 5.27%
  • HULKLING [Theodore ‘Teddy’ Altman]

49 5.50%
  • KARMA [Xi’an Coy Mahn]

49 5.50%
  • KAROLINA DEAN

47 5.27%
  • LOKI LAUFEYSON, God of Mischief

78 8.75%
  • MOONDRAGON [Heather Douglas]

46 5.16%
  • MYSTIQUE [Raven Darkholme]

134 15.04%
  • NORTHSTAR [Jean-Paul Beaubier]

69 7.74%
  • PRODIGY [David Alleyne]

26 2.92%
  • RICTOR [Julio Esteban Ricter]

47 5.27%
  • SHATTERSTAR [Gaveedra-7]

51 5.72%
  • WICCAN [William ‘Billy’ Kaplan], the Demiurge

185 20.76%
Page 1120 of 1132 FirstFirst ... 1206201020107011101116111711181119112011211122112311241130 ... LastLast
Results 16,786 to 16,800 of 16973
    Eye-rolling bajuszbetyár The Invincible Beawulf's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    Marvel's Voices: Pride 2023 - featured characters include Gwenpool, Black Cat, Web-Weaver and Jumbo Carnation; multiple new queer characters are introduced here, plus Nadia Van Dyne's asexuality is finally confirmed on-panel.
    Yaaaay! Asexual Nadia and aroace Gwen!!!! <3 <3 <3
    BL and comics fan. 🌈 ----- For those saying BL is "pandering to fujos! Too girly! It's fetishization!!!" --> https://www.fujoshi.info/ (a website with academic resources on Queer Media Studies in Asia and LGBTQIA+ history)

The queer body has been used as a battleground, has been criminalized, ostracized, and many times erased from their own histories. -- Alesha Byrne (University of San Francisco)

Quote Originally Posted by The Invincible Beawulf View Post
    Yaaaay! Asexual Nadia and aroace Gwen!!!! <3 <3 <3
    If Nadia is ace but not aro, she can still be homoromantic. Unless stated otherwise ?

Eye-rolling bajuszbetyár The Invincible Beawulf's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nicoclaws View Post
    If Nadia is ace but not aro, she can still be homoromantic. Unless stated otherwise ?
    Yep! Homo-, bi-, hetero-, etc. romantic.
    BL and comics fan. 🌈 ----- For those saying BL is "pandering to fujos! Too girly! It's fetishization!!!" --> https://www.fujoshi.info/ (a website with academic resources on Queer Media Studies in Asia and LGBTQIA+ history)

The queer body has been used as a battleground, has been criminalized, ostracized, and many times erased from their own histories. -- Alesha Byrne (University of San Francisco)

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    What’s wrong with Nadia being asexual? Is she part of some popular ship fans we’re hoping would happen? Was she confirmed aromantic as well or...?
    I remember people shipping her and Ying a lot.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    What’s wrong with Nadia being asexual? Is she part of some popular ship fans we’re hoping would happen? Was she confirmed aromantic as well or...?
    Oh no there's nothing wrong with her being Asexual. It's really just the fact Gwenpool's AroAce reveal was...fairly shaky to me to say the least and then Nadia was finally confirmed as such...in a Gwenpool story.

Technically. I do think she's also meant to be AroAce based on implications from before in Unstoppable Wasp. But since Jeremy Whitley has similarly said implications don't matter I say we make her anything but Aro to mess with him.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I remember people shipping her and Ying a lot.
    I do remember Whitley mentioned at one point they WERE intended to be a couple early on.

Astonishing Member

I only read about the DC one last year because of the "pride is not a riot no need to control it it's a party !" discourse.
    Fun fact : I just read the italian version and they changed the dialogue completely to make it way more informed.
    They did actually update the English one too though I'm not clear on where the updated version is now IE trade or digital. Though in fairness I thought the intent was obvious IE Damian bringing weapons to fight police though it was hilariously easy way to read it as Damian attacking Pride.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PyroTwilight View Post
    Oh no there's nothing wrong with her being Asexual. It's really just the fact Gwenpool's AroAce reveal was...fairly shaky to me to say the least and then Nadia was finally confirmed as such...in a Gwenpool story.

Technically. I do think she's also meant to be AroAce based on implications from before in Unstoppable Wasp. But since Jeremy Whitley has similarly said implications don't matter I say we make her anything but Aro to mess with him.
    I'm prefectly fine with making Nadia super anything but Asexual simply because Jeremy Whitley gets on my nerves

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Magnito View Post
    Am I the only one really disappointed by Marvels pride month this year.

The special felt lacklustre compared to the previous two. More like advertisements rather than interesting stories. And not even a collection or trade of previous things like they put out last year.

I feel like they didn't want to try, just felt they had to.
    I actually enjoyed this year's one-shot more than I originally expected to. When the very first announcement of it came out with a partial list of the stories I was a bit disappointed to see most of the announced stories were either revisiting characters who have already been pretty well featured in previous Pride specials, or were introducing multiple brand new characters while so many established LGBT characters have not yet had a single appearance in one of these Pride issues.

But the final product had a few additional stories which gave a few more established characters a chance to appear. The new characters were interesting--I was especially impressed with the new Nightshade. I have to admit to being somewhat biased against Muzzle right from the get-go since I feel like Marvel has too many symbiote characters running around already, but the fact that he is both trans and Marvel's first queer Indigenous character (to my knowledge) does soften my negativity there since at least he is increasing representation for two under-represented groups!

As always there were some stories I thought were better than others, or that I ended up caring about more than others, but overall I was happy with this year's one-shot.

Astonishing Member

The Week In Gay:

17 new books out this week!

Betsy Braddock: Captain Britain #5 - series finale!

Guardians Of The Galaxy #3 - Star-Lord is part of the cast

Hellcat #4 of 5 - Daimon Hellstrom gets restored to his proper form rather than the plush bunny form he's been stuck in for a while

New Mutants: Lethal Legion #4 of 5 - Karma, Escapade, Galura, Cerebella, and Morgan are all part of the cast of this story.

Scarlet Witch Annual #1 - prelude to the upcoming "Contest Of Chaos" crossover. Somnus makes a blink-and-you'll-miss-it cameo, and there is also a letter from Wiccan.

X-Force #41 - an alternate Deadpool appears

For the digital comics....

Marvel's Voices Infinity Comic #58 - a new arc begins picking up Karolina Dean's story where it left off in the last volume of RUNAWAYS, with her off in space with the Light Brigade to restore her fading powers. Xavin is also in the story, and the Light Brigade has a new member....Goebig! Nice to see him finding a role that doesn't involve Teddy and Billy.

If I missed anything, please let me know!

The Week In Gay:

17 new books out this week!

Betsy Braddock: Captain Britain #5 - series finale!

Guardians Of The Galaxy #3 - Star-Lord is part of the cast

Hellcat #4 of 5 - Daimon Hellstrom gets restored to his proper form rather than the plush bunny form he's been stuck in for a while

New Mutants: Lethal Legion #4 of 5 - Karma, Escapade, Galura, Cerebella, and Morgan are all part of the cast of this story.

Scarlet Witch Annual #1 - prelude to the upcoming "Contest Of Chaos" crossover. Somnus makes a blink-and-you'll-miss-it cameo, and there is also a letter from Wiccan.

X-Force #41 - an alternate Deadpool appears

For the digital comics....

Marvel's Voices Infinity Comic #58 - a new arc begins picking up Karolina Dean's story where it left off in the last volume of RUNAWAYS, with her off in space with the Light Brigade to restore her fading powers. Xavin is also in the story, and the Light Brigade has a new member....Goebig! Nice to see him finding a role that doesn't involve Teddy and Billy.

If I missed anything, please let me know!
    I was wondering if they'd ever follow up on the end of Rowell's Runaways.

I audibly gasped when I saw Terry Blas's post on Twitter informing his followers of the Infinity comic.
    I opened that app so damn fast. XAVIN ON PAGE??!! What a thrill.
    And although I didn't find the creation or subsequent use of Goebig appealing, I'm happy they found a home with Xavin's crew and I'm super hopeful that that connection might bring Xavin and Hulkling into each other's orbits.

Goebig is cute, I like him.

But Xavin, man. I've been dying for their return, and it was such a tease to only get them in the final issue of the last run, in a cameo.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    Goebig is cute, I like him.

But Xavin, man. I've been dying for their return, and it was such a tease to only get them in the final issue of the last run, in a cameo.
    So, there are now two issues on the app for what I will now affectionately refer to as Xavin's story, aaaaaand [insert blank stare face here]

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    So, there are now two issues on the app for what I will now affectionately refer to as Xavin's story, aaaaaand [insert blank stare face here]
    Could you drop some deets for me? I don't have the app RIP
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.