View Poll Results: Who is your favourite 616 Marvel LGBT character?

Voters
891. You may not vote on this poll
  • ANOLE [Victor Borkowski]

30 3.37%
  • BLING! [Roxanne ‘Roxy’ Washington]

12 1.35%
  • CULLEN BLOODSTONE

21 2.36%
  • DAKEN AKIHIRO

47 5.27%
  • HULKLING [Theodore ‘Teddy’ Altman]

49 5.50%
  • KARMA [Xi’an Coy Mahn]

49 5.50%
  • KAROLINA DEAN

47 5.27%
  • LOKI LAUFEYSON, God of Mischief

78 8.75%
  • MOONDRAGON [Heather Douglas]

46 5.16%
  • MYSTIQUE [Raven Darkholme]

134 15.04%
  • NORTHSTAR [Jean-Paul Beaubier]

69 7.74%
  • PRODIGY [David Alleyne]

26 2.92%
  • RICTOR [Julio Esteban Ricter]

47 5.27%
  • SHATTERSTAR [Gaveedra-7]

51 5.72%
  • WICCAN [William ‘Billy’ Kaplan], the Demiurge

185 20.76%
Page 1038 of 1132 FirstFirst ... 38538938988102810341035103610371038103910401041104210481088 ... LastLast
Results 15,556 to 15,570 of 16972
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rzerox21xx View Post
    well Wikipedia wasted no time putting Starlord in the Bisexual fictional character and LGBT characters catergory.
    Wikipedia is fan made, of course fans put it on there.

Quote Originally Posted by baxer View Post
    Wikipedia is fan made, of course fans put it on there.
    You are on this thread just to be mad. And it is hilarious.
    I still miss Renee Montoya. Oh, and I'm a dude.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Wikipedia isn't exactly an official source, anyone can edit anything to be fair. I'd wait for something that's not subtext personally.

Mighty Member

They can kiss, sex can be shown on a PG-13 way.

I wnt good representation if Ewing had the intention to show Peter gay he is on the wrong. Respect canon and not do things to get praised by 5 people on twitter. It was a dumb decision from all the ways I can think about it, he undermined his own story to be called "woke". I want a good GOTG to read again, it has nothing to do with homophobia. People need to learn to read negative opinions. Ask the mods to remove me isnt cool at all.
    If he was bi, this would be big news from Marvel. So no.
    Maybe Marvel and Ewing have reached the point that they don't feel the need to announce a character's sexuality and feel that reads are intelligent enough to interpret what is written.

Other than a kiss on the cheek, Quill and Aradia's relationship is not shown to be any more sexual than Mors, it just seems compared to Mors that Aradia is just more curious person that Mors so she asks a lot of questions. Yet we can all interpret the relationship between them as sexual.

That said, while everyone one would like to put a label on Peter, maybe the point of the issue that what happened to Peter transformed him and as he exists in a place where time as we know it doesn't matter, maybe sexuality, as we know it, don't matter either.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ZuLuLu View Post
    Maybe Marvel and Ewing have reached the point that they don't feel the need to announce a character's sexuality and feel that reads are intelligent enough to interpret what is written.

Other than a kiss on the cheek, Quill and Aradia's relationship is not shown to be any more sexual than Mors, it just seems compared to Mors that Aradia is just more curious person that Mors so she asks a lot of questions. Yet we can all interpret the relationship between them as sexual.

That said, while everyone one would like to put a label on Peter, maybe the point of the issue that what happened to Peter transformed him and as he exists in a place where time as we know it doesn't matter, maybe sexuality, as we know it, don't matter either.
    The marketing team is very separated from comics and , if Marvel intention was making this canon all sites would report this. Diversity is a important marketing and a writer couldn't stop this. When iceman came out comics, journalistic sites reported on it. The silence here speak a lot about he i snot coming out

The woman and Quill relationship is not shown a lot, but it is shown more than the guy that only got a bro hug.

Peoples sexuality doesn't hange, people are born that way. Quill isn't even human to have a human culture and sexuality and he was still shown as straight even with all space stuff;
    with out without labels people have preferences, no labels doesnt change what people are

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    Wikipedia isn't exactly an official source, anyone can edit anything to be fair. I'd wait for something that's not subtext personally.
    Even for subtext it is weak.

Astonishing Member

The marketing team is very separated from comics and , if Marvel intention was making this canon all sites would report this. Diversity is a important marketing and a writer couldn't stop this. When iceman came out comics, journalistic sites reported on it. The silence here speak a lot about he i snot coming out
    Except that--as you've already pointed out yourself--Peter's same sex experience here is largely subtextual and undefined. There is nothing here for the news sites to make a fuss over. That might change down the road, depending on what happens in future issues, but as it stands now there is no reason for it to be reported on.

It is also worth remembering that we are past the point where every superhero coming out of the closet is a newsworthy event to get reported on. Hercules and Kate Pryde have both recently had stories outing them on-panel, and neither one got any mainstream media coverage about it.

Peoples sexuality doesn't hange, people are born that way. Quill isn't even human to have a human culture and sexuality and he was still shown as straight even with all space stuff;
    with out without labels people have preferences, no labels doesnt change what people are
    No one here is saying that people's sexuality changes due to situations. However, there are examples of people's sexual behaviour changing due to circumstances -- the most obvious example being in places like prison where heterosexual men engage in homosexual activity due to the circumstances of the environment. There are also cases of people engaging in sexual behaviour outside of their normal orientation by choice; for example young people experimenting while in college or university, or someone participating in a threesome.

It is also true that changes in situation can lead some to discover or express a part of their sexuality that they hadn't explored before. Peter may have always been bisexual and simply never explored that side of himself until this situation. For that matter, Quill may have been having relationships with men and women for years, and we simply haven't heard about it until now. After all, despite how popular Star-Lord has become in recent years since Giffen brought him back just before the first ANNIHILATION event, before that he was an obscure character that had been in limbo for decades--there are large parts of his life that have taken place off-panel and are unexplored.

Ultimately, the bottom line is that we don't know for sure what this issue means for Peter Quill's sexuality yet. He may be bisexual. He may be straight but developed an exception for Mors in the special "marriage" that developed between the three of them. We don't know the specifics yet--we just know that he developed a relationship with the both of them. How exactly Peter defines himself and his sexuality is something we'll have to wait and see. In any case, it does not erase or invalidate and disrespect anything that came before with Peter Quill. All of his past relationships with women still happened, and are still valid. Nothing has been erased. If anything, Ewing has been restoring some parts of Peter's history and continuity (like the Master of the Sun) which more recent stories have ignored or tried to sweep under the rug.

Astonishing Member

The Week In Gay:

Captain Marvel #24 - an alternate future version of Fuse continues to appear in this arc

Guardians Of The Galaxy #9 - Star-Lord gets involved with a bisexual alien named Mors and his girlfriend

Marauders #16 - Kate Pryde and Emma Frost get payback on Sebastian Shaw. Mystique also appears with the Quiet Council.

Sword #1 came out this week. No confirmed LGBT characters in the cast yet, but there are a few characters in the cast who are largely blank slates so we'll see what develops. There was discussion in this issue of trying to arrange a visit for Emperor Hulkling to to come to the station so Teddy and Billy will likely turn up in future issues.

Strange Academy #6 - I don't know if any of the students have ended up coming out yet, but a few of the teaching staff have been at least implied to be LGBT in the recent past (like Hellstrom and Magik)

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post

Strange Academy #6 - I don't know if any of the students have ended up coming out yet, but a few of the teaching staff have been at least implied to be LGBT in the recent past (like Hellstrom and Magik)
    Nothing yet. If it happens, I'll let you know.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Magnito View Post
    Nothing yet. If it happens, I'll let you know.
    Thanks; I appreciate it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    Except that--as you've already pointed out yourself--Peter's same sex experience here is largely subtextual and undefined. There is nothing here for the news sites to make a fuss over. That might change down the road, depending on what happens in future issues, but as it stands now there is no reason for it to be reported on.

It is also worth remembering that we are past the point where every superhero coming out of the closet is a newsworthy event to get reported on. Hercules and Kate Pryde have both recently had stories outing them on-panel, and neither one got any mainstream media coverage about it.
    of course superhero coming out still is news. I dont think Kitty even came out, sh ejust kissed (wihthout her consent) and that was all this was about., there wasn't even she thinking something like 'oh I like women", still waiting for confirmation. no mention was done about it on the following comics.

Mythology Hercules was already gay and few people care about the hero, so whatever. also people would need to buy Ewing guardians book.
    Quill is a ery popular character on CU, of course it is news

If there isnt ocnfirmation, why people are saying so sure he is bi? People can't have their cake and eat it

No one here is saying that people's sexuality changes due to situations. However, there are examples of people's sexual behaviour changing due to circumstances -- the most obvious example being in places like prison where heterosexual men engage in homosexual activity due to the circumstances of the environment. There are also cases of people engaging in sexual behaviour outside of their normal orientation by choice; for example young people experimenting while in college or university, or someone participating in a threesome.

It is also true that changes in situation can lead some to discover or express a part of their sexuality that they hadn't explored before. Peter may have always been bisexual and simply never explored that side of himself until this situation. For that matter, Quill may have been having relationships with men and women for years, and we simply haven't heard about it until now. After all, despite how popular Star-Lord has become in recent years since Giffen brought him back just before the first ANNIHILATION event, before that he was an obscure character that had been in limbo for decades--there are large parts of his life that have taken place off-panel and are unexplored.

Ultimately, the bottom line is that we don't know for sure what this issue means for Peter Quill's sexuality yet. He may be bisexual. He may be straight but developed an exception for Mors in the special "marriage" that developed between the three of them. We don't know the specifics yet--we just know that he developed a relationship with the both of them. How exactly Peter defines himself and his sexuality is something we'll have to wait and see. In any case, it does not erase or invalidate and disrespect anything that came before with Peter Quill. All of his past relationships with women still happened, and are still valid. Nothing has been erased. If anything, Ewing has been restoring some parts of Peter's history and continuity (like the Master of the Sun) which more recent stories have ignored or tried to sweep under the rug.
    heterosexual man engaging into se with other men on prison doesnt mean they are gay. In prisons the passive one is the humiliated one.

Peter doesn't has reasons to not eplore bisexuality, he is on space where there isn't homophobia, plenty of chances to explore and he never was interested sexually on men. This is pure forced perspective to make sense of pure pandering. By this logi any chaarcter could be gay then

I don't care if the reationships with women will continue the same, this just doesnt make sense and is forced

he as a relationshpi with both of them, doesnt mean he has sex with both.
    Last edited by baxer; 12-13-2020 at 06:28 PM.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Peoples sexuality doesn't hange, people are born that way.
    Are you the poster formerly known as spirit2011?

The queer experience is not universal. There are some people who figure out who they are, what they like, and what labels apply to them early and spend the rest of their lives never questioning that. There are also people who spend much of their lives questioning their sexuality and never quite find any label that fits, whose sexuality does evolve over time and with experience. Or people who never have reason to question what they assumed to be their sexuality until a new experience or opportunity presents itself and they change their perspective. There are many different ways for people to discover and explore their sexuality, there is no way that is more valid than any other. Your assertion that it is "forced" or "doesn't make sense" discredits the experiences of very real queer people, and it is homophobic.

I need some recommendations for comics with gay guys in them. I've read all of the Wiccling material and all the Ricstar material, but I need more gay boys. Thx

Isn't saying someone is gay/bi because they slept with another in an extreme
    /unorthodox circumstance kinda counterintuitive? Thereve been plenty of gay men who have slept with women and vice versa but still identify as gay, sometimes even choosing that over bi.

I mean if it took 150 years for you to consider a man, does that REALLY make you not straight? That's like saying a vegetarian actually isn't a vegetarian if he is stranded in a desert and eats meat to survive.

Quote Originally Posted by Toonstrack View Post
    Isn't saying someone is gay/bi because they slept with another in an extreme
    /unorthodox circumstance kinda counterintuitive? Thereve been plenty of gay men who have slept with women and vice versa but still identify as gay, sometimes even choosing that over bi.

I mean if it took 150 years for you to consider a man, does that REALLY make you not straight? That's like saying a vegetarian actually isn't a vegetarian if he is stranded in a desert and eats meat to survive.
    Its pretty much left to interpretation. You can see it as Quill entering into a romantic relationship with someone of the same gender or him "trying something new." And your metaphor really isn't equitable, its not like this alien-man was the only other entity for Peter to have relations with - this isn't we are the last living beings in the Universe kind of scenario. Its more like he went to a buffet and decided to try some beef, we're just left to wonder if he liked it and would try it again(for now).

Quote Originally Posted by Ibara View Post
    Its pretty much left to interpretation. You can see it as Quill entering into a romantic relationship with someone of the same gender or him "trying something new." And your metaphor really isn't equitable, its not like this alien-man was the only other entity for Peter to have relations with - this isn't we are the last living beings in the Universe kind of scenario. Its more like he went to a buffet and decided to try some beef, we're just left to wonder if he liked it and would try it again(for now).

I mean he kinda was tho. Its all implied but there's an implication that he hasn't slept with anyone else period for 150 years prior to saying "eff it" and going for it. And its more than just a casual thing, its some sort of ritual for the aliens. Some sort of pseudo spiritual thing. Im pretty sure the guy came as a package deal with the girl too, like he couldn't just pick one. But again it's all implied.