View Poll Results: Who is your favourite 616 Marvel LGBT character?

Voters
889. You may not vote on this poll
  • ANOLE [Victor Borkowski]

30 3.37%
  • BLING! [Roxanne ‘Roxy’ Washington]

12 1.35%
  • CULLEN BLOODSTONE

21 2.36%
  • DAKEN AKIHIRO

47 5.29%
  • HULKLING [Theodore ‘Teddy’ Altman]

49 5.51%
  • KARMA [Xi’an Coy Mahn]

49 5.51%
  • KAROLINA DEAN

47 5.29%
  • LOKI LAUFEYSON, God of Mischief

77 8.66%
  • MOONDRAGON [Heather Douglas]

46 5.17%
  • MYSTIQUE [Raven Darkholme]

134 15.07%
  • NORTHSTAR [Jean-Paul Beaubier]

69 7.76%
  • PRODIGY [David Alleyne]

25 2.81%
  • RICTOR [Julio Esteban Ricter]

47 5.29%
  • SHATTERSTAR [Gaveedra-7]

51 5.74%
  • WICCAN [William ‘Billy’ Kaplan], the Demiurge

185 20.81%
Page 967 of 1132 FirstFirst ... 46786791795796396496596696796896997097197710171067 ... LastLast
Results 14,491 to 14,505 of 16966

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    They’re finally doing Northstar in Marvel Legends.

That’s cool.
    Hey did everyone see Wiccan’s name appear in the latest solicitations?

Astonishing Member MasterOfMagnetism's Avatar

Ok so they still didn't confirm who the gay character in The Eternals is at D23. However they did confirm that Gemma Chan is playing Sersi and Kit Harrington is playing Dane Whitman, AKA Black Knight, who was Sersi's love interest in the comics. So if Dane Whitman is going to be Sersi's love interest in the movie then it's likely the rumours that Ikaris and Sersi were supposed to be love interests were wrong, so possibly Ikaris is the gay character?

And apparently Sersi and Makkari had thing in the comics and in the MCU Makkari is a woman.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    And apparently Sersi and Makkari had thing in the comics and in the MCU Makkari is a woman.
    I get what you're saying but I'm clinging to my last shred of hope over here.

Ok, just found this;

https://twitter.com/GMA/status/1165347162667929600

Kevin Feige said; "The Eternals will feature Marvel’s first openly gay character... he’s married and has a family and it’s part of who he is."

I still have absolutely no idea which character it's going to be. Ikaris did have a kid in the comics so maybe it's him? Why the f*** can't they just say the name of the character?

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfMagnetism View Post
    Ok, just found this;

Kevin Feige said; "The Eternals will feature Marvel’s first openly gay character... he’s married and has a family and it’s part of who he is."

I still have absolutely no idea which character it's going to be. Ikaris did have a kid in the comics so maybe it's him? Why the f*** can't they just say the name of the character?
    Initially it was reported that they were looking for an openly out actor to play the gay character. If the character in question is Ikaris, then they may be approaching things with caution as the actor playing him (Richard Madden who was Robb Stark on Game of Thrones) hasn't officially come out as non-straight in real life yet, but is reportedly in a same-sex relationship that is in the public eye.

There's still more than a year before the movie releases. They could be waiting for Madden to open up about his sexuality, on his own terms and when he is comfortable, before revealing that Ikaris is the gay character in question.
    Last edited by Confuzzled; 08-24-2019 at 01:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Initially it was reported that they were looking for an openly out actor to play the gay character. If the character in question is Ikaris, then they may be approaching things with caution as the actor playing him (Richard Madden who was Robb Stark on Game of Thrones) hasn't officially come out as non-straight in real life yet, but is reportedly in a same-sex relationship that is in the public eye.

There's still more than a year before the movie releases. They could be waiting for Madden to open up about his sexuality, on his own terms and when he is comfortable, before revealing that Ikaris is the gay character in question.
    I get that. The thing is though that Richard Madden has been asked about his relationship with Brandon Flynn and refused to confirm or deny that they are dating so it seems unlikely that he's planning to come out anytime soon. If Ikaris is the gay character and Richard intends to keep his private life ambiguous then honestly I think Marvel should just confirm that it's Ikaris.

And technically while they were looking for an openly gay actor it doesn't necessarily mean that they ultimately chose to cast an openly gay actor for the part. So confirming that Ikaris is the gay character wouldn't necessarily be the same as outing Richard Madden, although I get that some people would see it that way.

It's possible Madden's side asked Feige and co. to keep the identity of the gay character under wraps for the time being. Hollywood is a shrewd business and opportunities arrive on the backs of previous ones. Madden's agents must be looking to leverage his new status as MCU leading man to get even more roles immediately, roles that may not necessarily come to him if, as unfortunate as that sounds, he is viewed as a "gay actor playing gay roles" (he's also coming off Rocketman).

Once those gigs are secured, maybe Madden's handlers would give him the go ahead to be more open about his private life, in tandem with the reveal of Ikaris being a gay character. Just spitballing.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    It's possible Madden's side asked Feige and co. to keep the identity of the gay character under wraps for the time being. Hollywood is a shrewd business and opportunities arrive on the backs of previous ones. Madden's agents must be looking to leverage his new status as MCU leading man to get even more roles immediately, roles that may not necessarily come to him if, as unfortunate as that sounds, he is viewed as a "gay actor playing gay roles" (he's also coming off Rocketman).

Once those gigs are secured, maybe Madden's handlers would give him the go ahead to be more open about his private life, in tandem with the reveal of Ikaris being a gay character. Just spitballing.
    That's a definite possibility. I've already seen people speculating that Madden might come out to promote The Eternals and saying that they think it's problematic. Some people might view it as opportunistic that an actor comes out to promote a film or might view it as Disney/Marvel forcing an actor to come out.

And this is assuming that Ikaris is the gay character. As I've said in the past I've heard rumours that it's Phastos who is the gay character.

This is why I wish they would confirm who it is, all this speculation and confusion is frustrating.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Ok, just found this;

If we're just going by the comics, out of all announced male characters in this film, Ikaris IS the only one who's been shown to be married with a kid, as far as I know. That doesn't mean they can't just make up a family for a character who never had one in the comics, though.

Ok, just found this;

I may just be cynical but that gives me a strong vibe of "Sure he's gay but we never have to acknowledge it beyond him mentioning a husband. Maybe we'll show him briefly and they might hug" with anything more than that being something we'd be incredibly lucky to get.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    If we're just going by the comics, out of all announced male characters in this film, Ikaris IS the only one who's been shown to be married with a kid, as far as I know. That doesn't mean they can't just make up a family for a character who never had one in the comics, though.
    Yeah, I admit that Ikaris is the most likely candidate but that rumour about Phastos always sticks in the back of my head.

Quote Originally Posted by scourge View Post
    I may just be cynical but that gives me a strong vibe of "Sure he's gay but we never have to acknowledge it beyond him mentioning a husband. Maybe we'll show him briefly and they might hug" with anything more than that being something we'd be incredibly lucky to get.
    It's not just you, I was never expecting much from this role. I hope I'm wrong, but as always we have to wait and see.

I like Black Knight and all but it's kind of a letdown after I got myself excited by the bisexual Hercules rumors

This looks an awful lot like Teddy:

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/08...vealed-at-d23/
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    This looks an awful lot like Teddy:

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/08...vealed-at-d23/
    Yeah, it certainly does! It would be fantastic to see something planned for Hulkling, since Wiccan has STRIKEFORCE coming up but there's been no mention of Teddy appearing at all.