View Poll Results: Who is your favourite 616 Marvel LGBT character?

Voters
891. You may not vote on this poll
  • ANOLE [Victor Borkowski]

30 3.37%
  • BLING! [Roxanne ‘Roxy’ Washington]

12 1.35%
  • CULLEN BLOODSTONE

21 2.36%
  • DAKEN AKIHIRO

47 5.27%
  • HULKLING [Theodore ‘Teddy’ Altman]

49 5.50%
  • KARMA [Xi’an Coy Mahn]

49 5.50%
  • KAROLINA DEAN

47 5.27%
  • LOKI LAUFEYSON, God of Mischief

78 8.75%
  • MOONDRAGON [Heather Douglas]

46 5.16%
  • MYSTIQUE [Raven Darkholme]

134 15.04%
  • NORTHSTAR [Jean-Paul Beaubier]

69 7.74%
  • PRODIGY [David Alleyne]

26 2.92%
  • RICTOR [Julio Esteban Ricter]

47 5.27%
  • SHATTERSTAR [Gaveedra-7]

51 5.72%
  • WICCAN [William ‘Billy’ Kaplan], the Demiurge

185 20.76%
Page 982 of 1132 FirstFirst ... 48288293297297897998098198298398498598699210321082 ... LastLast
Results 14,716 to 14,730 of 16971

Love that Ororo is dancing with a leather daddy. Hah.

Quote Originally Posted by Husk View Post
    Love that Ororo is dancing with a leather daddy. Hah.
    haha, and Kitty's game is so bad she needs Lockheed to help hook her up for the night!

Lol, Bobby, Pyro, and Ororo are like the queens of the party!
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

Ultimate Member

That girl that Lockheed is clinging to looks like she knows that he's been eating people's fingers and is screaming, 'Get it off! You can't have my eye!'

And is that Blind Al, from the Deadpool movie, between the leather daddy and Ororo?

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    I thought the being abused for being gay plot for Christian was already established in Emma's biography-solo?
    "Cable was right!"

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    I thought the being abused for being gay plot for Christian was already established in Emma's biography-solo?
    I don't think he was implying he created that specific plot. He was, however, the writer who brought it back from limbo, since literally no other writer bothered to revisit Christian's story after Emma's solo. I don't think it's a coincidence that Christian is showing up in a book with Iceman not long after appearing on his solo. It definitely feels like Duggan took inspiration from Sina's work to build the cast of Marauders.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

It's important to note that Emma's origin was re-retconned after the solo until the Iceman solo, so Sina basically brought Christian back from the dead.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    I don't think he was implying he created that specific plot. He was, however, the writer who brought it back from limbo, since literally no other writer bothered to revisit Christian's story after Emma's solo. I don't think it's a coincidence that Christian is showing up in a book with Iceman not long after appearing on his solo. It definitely feels like Duggan took inspiration from Sina's work to build the cast of Marauders.
    Adding more Twinkie blondes to your cast isn't that rare...He coulda just been cruising Grindr or watching a show created by Ryan Murphy and Brad Falchuk
    GrindrStone(D)

When I saw the tweet at the bottom first I was like ''yeah, ok, that's a sound criticism''. But then he went there and used the Akira Yoshida card and I was like....

The salt is real. I had a little bit of hope that he could still make up with the current Marvel editorial, but after that, it's safe to say he doesn't even want to.
    Serious. Grace isn't exactly new to comics, so if he's napalming his bridges this hard and pointing fingers at specific higher ups as roadblocks to representation, I'm guessing some real **** was thrown his way while he was working on Iceman.

Astonishing Member

The Week In Gay:

Death's Head #4 of 4 - more Hulkling and Wiccan goodness...and a hint that Vee may be LGBT as well.

Excalibur #1 - we know that Rictor is going to be part of the team, but he was not in this issue. Betsy Braddock took center stage though as she starts the switch over from being Psylocke to Captain Britain. Gambit is also in the mix.

Runaways #26

Superior Spider-Man #12 - final issue. Max Modell appears in this issue, and his husband Hector has a cameo.

Did I miss anything?

From Empire.

Quote Originally Posted by gifted View Post
    How has this not been posted here yet? Preview art from, what I'm assuming is, Marauders.

Why is Storm so pale? She get the flu?

Astonishing Member

I think that is the lighting in the club--there is a bright light shining on her.

Astonishing Member MasterOfMagnetism's Avatar

So we have another alleged leak for the Eternals movie from 4chan, and this one doesn't specifically mention who the gay character is, but Ikaris is the only character mentioned as being married and having kids, which makes it sound like it might be him. I honestly don't even believe leaks from 4chan, they're usually BS, but just in case anyone wants to keep up with the rumors...
    There's been two alleged leaks about Eternals from 4chan, one that explicitly claims that Phastos is the gay character and this second one you linked that doesn't say who the gay character is but claims that Ikaris will have children like the gay character has been described. People have pointed out that the second "leak" is basically just the Neil Gaiman Eternals run and is more likely to be fake. I've also seen more people on Reddit claiming that Brian Tyree Henry is playing the gay character and is going to come out while promoting the film.

From Empire.

That's interesting but it's still just speculation, that graphic doesn't have any new info it just lists facts about the characters from the comics and says that Ikaris being gay is a rumour.

At this point I'm like 99% sure that Phastos is the gay character. However if you remember all my detective work I posted a while back about The Eternals casting process I still think "Greek God" character and the gay character were the same role and that it was supposed to be Ikaris.

I think Marvel first thought to have Ikaris be the first gay superhero in a prominent role but then got cold feet and decided a character in a smaller role would be the first gay superhero. That's just my speculation based on all the casting info though.

I've also seen someone on Reddit who apparently works for a news site claim that they have sources who said Ikaris is going to be bi in the movie. Take that with another grain of salt as that could easily be based on speculation about Richard Madden's personal life as well.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

From Empire.

I saw that Ikaris description being shared around on social media, but I had no idea it had come from an actual magazine. Not sure if they have any actual source for this rumor or if they're just regurgitating the rumors we already know, though.

The colorist probably meant it to be the result of the lighting, but I'm seeing a lot of people complaining about the way she is colored in this book overall. Editorial might wanna check on that.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfMagnetism View Post
    There's been two alleged leaks about Eternals from 4chan, one that explicitly claims that Phastos is the gay character and this second one you linked that doesn't say who the gay character is but claims that Ikaris will have children like the gay character has been described. People have pointed out that the second "leak" is basically just the Neil Gaiman Eternals run and is more likely to be fake. I've also seen more people on Reddit claiming that Brian Tyree Henry is playing the gay character and is going to come out while promoting the film.

That's interesting but it's still just speculation, that graphic doesn't have any new info it just lists facts about the characters from the comics and says that Ikaris being gay is a rumour.

At this point I'm like 99% sure that Phastos is the gay character. However if you remember all my detective work I posted a while back about The Eternals casting process I still think "Greek God" character and the gay character were the same role and that it was supposed to be Ikaris.

I think Marvel first thought to have Ikaris be the first gay superhero in a prominent role but then got cold feet and decided a character in a smaller role would be the first gay superhero. That's just my speculation based on all the casting info though.

I've also seen someone on Reddit who apparently works for a news site claim that they have sources who said Ikaris is going to be bi in the movie. Take that with another grain of salt as that could easily be based on speculation about Richard Madden's personal life as well.
    You know what would be a cool twist? If it turns out that both Ikaris and Phastos are gay, and they're married to each other. But since Feige has referred to the gay character in the singular, it's likely that he is just one of the main cast members who've been announced.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 11-01-2019 at 07:05 PM.

You know what would be a cool twist? If it turns out that both Ikaris and Phastos are gay, and they're married to each other. But since Feige has referred to the gay character in the singular, it's likely that he is just one of the main cast members who've been announced.
    Yeah, I used to wonder if there might be two gay superheroes in this movie but it really only sounds like there's one plus his husband who will be a very minor figure. And if I were a betting man I'd definitely put my money on the gay character being the (what is most likely) smaller, less significant role.
    Last edited by MasterOfMagnetism; 11-01-2019 at 08:03 PM.

This might be our first look at the first gay superhero in the MCU. Set photos of Phastos with Sersi and Thena.

https://twitter.com/BRMarvelNews/sta...33597946814465

The photos are a bit grainy but you can still see what his costume looks like.