View Poll Results: Who is your favourite 616 Marvel LGBT character?

Voters
891. You may not vote on this poll
  • ANOLE [Victor Borkowski]

30 3.37%
  • BLING! [Roxanne ‘Roxy’ Washington]

12 1.35%
  • CULLEN BLOODSTONE

21 2.36%
  • DAKEN AKIHIRO

47 5.27%
  • HULKLING [Theodore ‘Teddy’ Altman]

49 5.50%
  • KARMA [Xi’an Coy Mahn]

49 5.50%
  • KAROLINA DEAN

47 5.27%
  • LOKI LAUFEYSON, God of Mischief

78 8.75%
  • MOONDRAGON [Heather Douglas]

46 5.16%
  • MYSTIQUE [Raven Darkholme]

134 15.04%
  • NORTHSTAR [Jean-Paul Beaubier]

69 7.74%
  • PRODIGY [David Alleyne]

26 2.92%
  • RICTOR [Julio Esteban Ricter]

47 5.27%
  • SHATTERSTAR [Gaveedra-7]

51 5.72%
  • WICCAN [William ‘Billy’ Kaplan], the Demiurge

185 20.76%
Page 954 of 1132 FirstFirst ... 45485490494495095195295395495595695795896410041054 ... LastLast
Results 14,296 to 14,310 of 16971

I'll pay the $20 for one panel confirming even more relatable Gwendolyn Poole. Please grant me this gift for Christmas, Giant Yeehaw Goddess.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Wiccan, Hulkling and Kate were spotted in the Death's Head #3 cover.
    "Cable was right!"

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    HA! The gays and sapphics win AGAIN!

Anyone know if Leah Williams is married (Bio, Age)?

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Wiccan, Hulkling and Kate were spotted in the Death's Head #3 cover.
    I really wish they'd stop putting Kate in everything the boys are in.
    I mean, I love Kate, but she gets plenty of chances to shine already and the boys don't need her as a selling point.
    Unless it's a full new Young Avengers ongoing (or mini) trust in the Billy and Teddy to carry the book.
    #EmmaWasRight

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Flatman and Koi Boi.

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post

Flatman and Koi Boi.
    Sweet boys.

Astonishing Member

The Week In Gay:

Age Of X-Man: NextGen #5 - plenty of LGBT characters running around in this one (Anole, Northstar, Iceman, etc)

Captain America #11 - Toni Ho guest stars alongside the other members of the Daughters Of Liberty

Deadpool #14

Guardians Of The Galaxy #6 - Phyla gets a nice kick-ass moment here.

Spider-Man & League Of Realms #3 of 3 - one of Spidey's inter-realm team members is gay.

Uncanny X-Men #20 - Shinobi Shaw makes an appearance...which came as a surprise to me, since I thought he was still dead.

Unstoppable Wasp #9

Journey Into Mystery #5 of 5 - there is a blink-and-you'll-miss-it cameo for Rawhide Kid

Infinity Watch #5 of 5 - Loki co-stars in this. This mini was called the "Infinity Watch", but we only actually met ONE of the new possessors of the Infinity Stones and spent the entire mini with him as Wolverine and Loki tried to protect and guide him. Presumably Duggan has some follow-up planned somewhere?

Honourable mention to CAPTAIN MARVEL #7, concluding the two-parter with Carol and Stephen Strange having swapped bodies.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Fuse and Alloy. I hope these two aren't forgotten about.

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    The Week In Gay:

Age Of X-Man: NextGen #5 - plenty of LGBT characters running around in this one (Anole, Northstar, Iceman, etc)

Captain America #11 - Toni Ho guest stars alongside the other members of the Daughters Of Liberty

Deadpool #14

Guardians Of The Galaxy #6 - Phyla gets a nice kick-ass moment here.

Spider-Man & League Of Realms #3 of 3 - one of Spidey's inter-realm team members is gay.

Uncanny X-Men #20 - Shinobi Shaw makes an appearance...which came as a surprise to me, since I thought he was still dead.

Unstoppable Wasp #9

Journey Into Mystery #5 of 5 - there is a blink-and-you'll-miss-it cameo for Rawhide Kid

Infinity Watch #5 of 5 - Loki co-stars in this. This mini was called the "Infinity Watch", but we only actually met ONE of the new possessors of the Infinity Stones and spent the entire mini with him as Wolverine and Loki tried to protect and guide him. Presumably Duggan has some follow-up planned somewhere?

Honourable mention to CAPTAIN MARVEL #7, concluding the two-parter with Carol and Stephen Strange having swapped bodies.
    I really liked Spidey & the League of Realms. I know that Fernande's GF could fall under "Bury Your Gays" but I thought that it was a moving story, and the ending of the mini for Fernance was a sweet counterpoint.

Hard same!

I've never seen them. Who are they and where are they from? What's their story?
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    I've never seen them. Who are they and where are they from? What's their story?
    They were supporting characters in Thompson's Hawkeye series, a pair of siblings who are friends of Kate Bishop who live in LA. They became members of the West Coast Avengers

Turns out that that their mother was a Dora Milaje who abandoned her post and raised them in the States. She died and left them vibranium rings, when they put on the rings it somehow activated their powers.

Fuse has Absorbing Man type powers, he wears piercings so that he is always in contact with some type of metal so he can always activate his powers. He is dating Kate, but it turns out that he's bisexual.

Alloy didn't fully activate her powers until recently, her contact with vibranium felt more permanent so she was afraid to complete the process until it felt necessary. She has completely bonded with vibranium, it's like a second skin of armor for her. She can manipulate it to create blades that extend out of her in any direction. She is currently dating America Chavez
    Last edited by Beetle; 06-24-2019 at 06:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    They were supporting characters in Thompson's Hawkeye series, a pair of siblings who are friends of Kate Bishop who live in LA. They became members of the West Coast Avengers

Turns out that that their mother was a Dora Milaje who abandoned her post and raised them in the States. She died and left them vibranium rings, when they put on the rings it somehow activated their powers.

Fuse has Absorbing Man type powers, he wears piercings so that he is always in contact with some type of metal so he can always activate his powers. He is dating Kate, but it turns out that he's bisexual.

Alloy didn't fully activate her powers until recently, her contact with vibranium felt more permanent so she was afraid to complete the process until it felt necessary. She has completely bonded with vibranium, it's like a second skin of armor for her. She can manipulate it to create blades that extend out of her in any direction. She is currently dating America Chavez
    Thanks for the info! I'm gonna have to go ahead and read up on these two.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

EXCITING!!! I didn't realize she'd selected or been assigned a super name. Perhaps I missed that in the finale? Oh well. Alloy sounds rad.

I really hope they aren't forgotten as time goes on too. They're delightful characters and I really dig America & Alloy as a couple, in particular.

On a semi-sour note: WHY WHY WHY must people be so GD vile? I was on twitter and Marvel posted a list of some LGBTQ characters and --although SOME of the facts in said list weren't 100% accurate -- it was still nice to see/read/view but OF COURSE the butthurt brigade has to drag their heinous hatred all up in the comments like the WEAK little shits that they are.
    For real though: If you're arguing these characters are garbage and that they are unnecessary and that they don't have any appeal -- WHAT are you even doing? If YOU don't see their appeal, WHY are you arguing against their existence?? I mean, these people must lose their GD minds in a book store or library -- just RAGING and SEETHING over sections they aren't interested in, right? Just openly cursing at the Travel section or the Finance books or friggin Calendar stands. I imagine they deliberately redirect themselves in a grocery store to occupy the vegetarian or vegan aisles to take solid 2 minutes to mutter under their breath about how stupid tofu is, and then punch the cooler door.

Anyways.
    I realize that wasn't UP BEAT or POSITIVE -- but I didn't have an outlet so I came here.
    Forgive my angsty rant.

I love you kiddos.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    I imagine they deliberately redirect themselves in a grocery store to occupy the vegetarian or vegan aisles to take solid 2 minutes to mutter under their breath about how stupid tofu is, and then punch the cooler door.
    Doesn't everyone?

Seriously though, I laughed.

And yeah, haters gonna hate. If you're gonna call a character garbage, at least stick to one that *is* garbage, like Glob Herman, who is literally something you might find clogging up your drain. :>

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Thompson might use them herself somewhere, but I suspect they sadly will be forgotten.

The curse of the teen hero, and even more so the gay teen hero.

Books have to sell, and sadly, the community who actually buy (and dont just support thorough social media and piracy) is not big on buying the overt LGBT characters. I think it's getting better that people will accept a new character who isnt fully straight, but the minute their sexuality become a focal point, out comes the hate and tired old 'shoving it down throat' comments.

It's such a balancing act for writers - and there is still a nasty toxic fan base that are all to happy to rip on anyone who might be enjoying a book or character they arent, and that can put off new readers and tank a book - so they have to try and tell the story they want, promote and show what they want.....but also consider that if they want the book to last, people still just arent there when it comes to full acceptance.

And that doesnt even touch the other side of the coin, when they try and do something and either get it wrong by making a genuine mistake or not going as far as some fans want, so they get attacked by the liberal side of the community they hoped to appeal to.
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God