Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
Who’s pissed off?

I mean, Hercules is a longtime Marvel character since the 1960s and he was recently fully outed to be queer. Even though we already had an alternate universe Hercules be gay in X-Treme X-Men.

Also, off topic. But Aquaman and Mera’s daughter was just revealed to be queer as well.
If you go back a bit, lots of people were very annoyed at the suggest Hercules might be anything other than straight; there was some debate after the fiasco of him being editorially decreed straight even though anyone who knows anything about the myths he's based on, and that Marvel have used over and over for his back story, would know that wasnt the case. As such, Herc actually having a relationship (or hooking up at least) with Noh makes sense and just takes him back away from that awful editorial comment. The alt. reality one we saw was in a gay relationship, but could easily have been as pan as you would expect a Greek demigod to be - and even then they were two very clearly separate characters. If the DC board was more active, there would likely be more posters there moaning about it, as they did when New 52 Alan first appeared as a gay man.

With Alan, it just makes a mess of the character to try and bring back the old, but keep elements of the new when they were previously very clearly two different characters. Why do that when we could have had both and much more streamlined storytelling over trying to push two elements together and creating something that, for me at least, seems unnecessary. I'd have preferred they stay separate and interact, which I feel is more interesting as a story, rather than become one as the case seems to be.