View Poll Results: Who is your favourite 616 Marvel LGBT character?

Voters
891. You may not vote on this poll
  • ANOLE [Victor Borkowski]

30 3.37%
  • BLING! [Roxanne ‘Roxy’ Washington]

12 1.35%
  • CULLEN BLOODSTONE

21 2.36%
  • DAKEN AKIHIRO

47 5.27%
  • HULKLING [Theodore ‘Teddy’ Altman]

49 5.50%
  • KARMA [Xi’an Coy Mahn]

49 5.50%
  • KAROLINA DEAN

47 5.27%
  • LOKI LAUFEYSON, God of Mischief

78 8.75%
  • MOONDRAGON [Heather Douglas]

46 5.16%
  • MYSTIQUE [Raven Darkholme]

134 15.04%
  • NORTHSTAR [Jean-Paul Beaubier]

69 7.74%
  • PRODIGY [David Alleyne]

26 2.92%
  • RICTOR [Julio Esteban Ricter]

47 5.27%
  • SHATTERSTAR [Gaveedra-7]

51 5.72%
  • WICCAN [William ‘Billy’ Kaplan], the Demiurge

185 20.76%
Page 959 of 1132 FirstFirst ... 45985990994995595695795895996096196296396910091059 ... LastLast
Results 14,371 to 14,385 of 16971

I really hope I'm wrong...
    But I had the terrible feeling of Valkyrie's love interest being a guy and them just making terrible jokes because the guy will be the 'Queen'...

Astonishing Member MasterOfMagnetism's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by scourge View Post
    I really hope I'm wrong...
    But I had the terrible feeling of Valkyrie's love interest being a guy and them just making terrible jokes because the guy will be the 'Queen'...
    Eww, God... I'm not expecting much though, it's still entirely possible that all that makes it on screen is some "hinting" about Valkyrie being bisexual but not actually showing it.

I want Marvel to push the envelope and have Valkyrie, Thor and Jane in a polyamorous relationship

In an interview with i09, Feige said that "Yes," the character will be involved in an LGBTQ storyline as she seeks out a queen to rule beside her over Asgard.

"The answer is yes," Feige said. "How that impacts the story remains to be seen with that level of representation you’ll see across our films, not in just Thor 4."
    https://www.newsarama.com/46194-yes-...e-thunder.html

Ok, good. Glad he's actually answering questions about this. I'm legitimately pleased for once and just got more hopeful. However he continues to be vague about what movie or what character will be LGBT aside from Valkyrie. We kinda already knew Valkyrie was gonna' be the first one, but who else?
    Last edited by MasterOfMagnetism; 07-20-2019 at 08:49 PM.

Idk about Eternals... Looking at the cast... Sorry, this may be superficial or even problematic but I don't want any of those guys to be the first (and probably only for quite a while) MCU gay guy. I want some hot eye candy worthy guy. And I just doubt they'll make Madden's Ikaris gay? I guess one of the girls would be cool. But it would be a little disappointing as the rumors were about a guy and we'll apparently have canon wlw Valkyrie already. Idk.

Brian Tyree Henry could get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Idk about Eternals... Looking at the cast... Sorry, this may be superficial or even problematic but I don't want any of those guys to be the first (and probably only for quite a while) MCU gay guy. I want some hot eye candy worthy guy. And I just doubt they'll make Madden's Ikaris gay? I guess one of the girls would be cool. But it would be a little disappointing as the rumors were about a guy and we'll apparently have canon wlw Valkyrie already. Idk.
    I know some people are going to assume that Ikaris might be gay because of the rumours around Richard Madden but I still highly doubt it. I think Ikaris is going to be the one token straight white guy so straight, white audiences will be comfortable seeing it.

When I was younger I felt the same way hoping the first gay male superhero would be some smoking hot beefcake dude but at this point I don't care. I am just so f***ing tired. I just want a gay male character.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by thefinalguy View Post
    I was expecting Angela to pop up as a Valkyrie love interest. The only reason she might not is that the "lost sibling" angle was just done.
    Angela being a love interest for Valkyrie almost sounds like a cool idea when you stop to think that that would probably leave Sera out of the equation, which is not cool not only for story reasons, but for representation reasons. Sera being a trans woman is really important.

IMO, they should go with Annabelle Riggs for Valkyrie. Introduce her as a scientific colleague of Jane Foster or something and there you go. Also: Ellen Page as Riggs. I can totally see it.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfMagnetism View Post
    Looks like there's no gay character in Eternals, all that talk from Feige was about Valkyrie's love interest probably. Should've known there wasn't going to be any gay male characters in the MCU.
    Did they say there was no gay character? Just because there wasn't an announcement, we shouldn't jump to the conclusion there won't be one. They didn't even announce a casting for Sersi, and I highly doubt she won't be in the movie. Also, they did announce a male asian actor as Gilgamesh, so maybe that was the gay character? I think we should wait for more info on the movie.

I'm.... actually super surprised Feige is being so open about this. He loves dodging questions, so I wouldn't expect him to straight-up confirm something like this so early. Let's hope he is a man of his word and not a queerbaiter.

I know some people are going to assume that Ikaris might be gay because of the rumours around Richard Madden but I still highly doubt it. I think Ikaris is going to be the one token straight white guy so straight, white audiences will be comfortable seeing it.

When I was younger I felt the same way hoping the first gay male superhero would be some smoking hot beefcake dude but at this point I don't care. I am just so f***ing tired. I just want a gay male character.
    Yeah. Ikaris seems like the Star-Lord to The Eternals' Guardians of the Galaxy. Probably gonna be the defacto protagonist.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    Angela being a love interest for Valkyrie almost sounds like a cool idea when you stop to think that that would probably leave Sera out of the equation, which is not cool not only for story reasons, but for representation reasons. Sera being a trans woman is really important.
    I just thought:

MCU Valkyrie's name was never said.

Reveal that she's Sera.

Bring Angela as her queen.

Turn comics Sera into a Valkyrie now that Jane will be Thor in the MCU.

Happy MCU-Comics sinergy Serangela!!!

Yeah, would suck that Tessa isn't trans. And it's just never gonna happen... But I find it somewhat genius lol.
    Last edited by Wiccan; 07-20-2019 at 09:12 PM.

Did they say there was no gay character? Just because there wasn't an announcement, we shouldn't jump to the conclusion there won't be one. They didn't even announce a casting for Sersi, and I highly doubt she won't be in the movie. Also, they did announce a male asian actor as Gilgamesh, so maybe that was the gay character? I think we should wait for more info on the movie.
    They didn't explicitly say there's no gay character in the movie but I still highly doubt it. The rumour of there being a gay Asian character came after the actor who's playing Gilgamesh was already cast, that rumour also claimed Conrad Ricamora was going to play the character and he's not in the cast. There was a lot of rumours about The Eternals that turned out inaccurate or outright false, I'm not putting my hope in that rumour of a gay character anymore.

Gee imagine how bad it would be if they finally cast a gay person as a super powered person and it turned out to be a deviant. Of all the names and of all the groups

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Brian Tyree Henry could get it.
    Take this with a huge grain of salt but I found someone on twitter, he seems to be a movie critic or journalist or something (pretty sure he's gay too) and he seems to have inside info and he's been hinting about something with Brian Tyree Henry's character. Someone tweeted about Brian being cast in Eternals and he replied saying "Just wait. It get's better.", also apparently Brian said he "wants to bring a new flavor to Phastos" and the guy tweeted a winky face at that. I might be reaching but I'm starting to wonder if Phastos is going to be the gay character after all.

Also the alleged casting call for a gay character called "James" described the character as intellectual and Phastos is a scientist and inventor so... I'll happily eat crow if it turns out there's a gay character in The Eternals after all, but I want confirmation ASAP.
    Last edited by MasterOfMagnetism; 07-20-2019 at 09:50 PM.

It is superficial, but I can't really blame you 'cause I can't deny I've been low-key hoping Ikaris would turn out to be queer after Richard Madden was attached to the character, LOL. And yeah, it sounds unlikely given the fact that he is probably the leading guy, but who knows, considering Marvel seemed interested in the idea of casting actual queer people to play queer roles in the movie, maybe there was a reason behind Madden's casting. Not saying he's not talented, obviously, but if they can score some extra points by hiring queer actors, it's not a loss for them either.

But at the end of the day, I'd be glad with any representation they could give us, really. We can be thirsty for hot guys just as much as we're thirsty for represensation.

I just thought:

MCU Valkyrie's name was never said.

Reveal that she's Sera.

Bring Angela as her queen.

Turn comics Sera into a Valkyrie now that Jane will be Thor in the MCU.

Happy MCU-Comics sinergy Serangela!!!

Yeah, would suck that Tessa isn't trans. And it's just never gonna happen... But I find it somewhat genius lol.
    We never learned her name in the movies, but Tessa actually has referred to her as Brunnhilde on Twitter once. Not sure if she was just assuming or if it was something that someone from Marvel actually told her, but until further confirmation, I'm assuming she is indeed Brunnhilde. It could be a clever twist if they reveal her to be Sera, but I prefer if they don't. I think Sera's origin from the comics is very good and works perfectly well alongside Angela's, so I wouldn't want that to be erased.

They didn't explicitly say there's no gay character in the movie but I still highly doubt it. The rumour of there being a gay Asian character came after the actor who's playing Gilgamesh was already cast, that rumour also claimed Conrad Ricamora was going to play the character and he's not in the cast. There was a lot of rumours about The Eternals that turned out inaccurate or outright false, I'm not putting my hope in that rumour of a gay character anymore.
    To be fair, the rumor about Conrad Ricamora only said that he was being considered, not that he was cast. It also never made much sense, because they said they were looking for actors in their 20s, and as it was pointed out on this thread itself back then, Conrad wouldn't fit that. And like I said, there's the fact that a casting for Sersi wasn't announced, so it's possible they still have more announcements to make about this movie. I wouldn't freak out just yet. Someone will probably ask Feige about this soon.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 07-21-2019 at 03:40 AM.

Someone will probably ask Feige about this soon.
    Well, what did I say? Feige was asked about this by Collider and he confirmed not only Valkyrie, but that a character from Eternals will be queer. I'm happy with how blunt he's being about this.

Now let's just wait and see. Maybe it's someone who hasn't been announced. Maybe it's someone who's been announced already and we simply don't know. Either way, the fact that we're reportedly getting a queer character in the MCU next year is pretty exciting!
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 07-21-2019 at 10:41 AM.