View Poll Results: Who is your favourite 616 Marvel LGBT character?

Voters
746. You may not vote on this poll
  • ANOLE [Victor Borkowski]

26 3.49%
  • BLING! [Roxanne ‘Roxy’ Washington]

12 1.61%
  • CULLEN BLOODSTONE

20 2.68%
  • DAKEN AKIHIRO

44 5.90%
  • HULKLING [Theodore ‘Teddy’ Altman]

36 4.83%
  • KARMA [Xi’an Coy Mahn]

40 5.36%
  • KAROLINA DEAN

43 5.76%
  • LOKI LAUFEYSON, God of Mischief

64 8.58%
  • MOONDRAGON [Heather Douglas]

39 5.23%
  • MYSTIQUE [Raven Darkholme]

109 14.61%
  • NORTHSTAR [Jean-Paul Beaubier]

60 8.04%
  • PRODIGY [David Alleyne]

21 2.82%
  • RICTOR [Julio Esteban Ricter]

37 4.96%
  • SHATTERSTAR [Gaveedra-7]

46 6.17%
  • WICCAN [William ‘Billy’ Kaplan], the Demiurge

149 19.97%
Page 977 of 981 FirstFirst ... 477877927967973974975976977978979980981 LastLast
Results 14,641 to 14,655 of 14703

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post

Guardians Of The Galaxy #9 - no Phyla in this issue, but Moondragon was present and kicking ass. Also of note - the letters page confirmed that 616 Moondragon IS still alive...and hinted that she and the alternate reality Moondragon who is currently one of the Guardians may cross paths at some point.
    This has been bothering me so much. Praise the Magus.

Guardians Of The Galaxy #9 - no Phyla in this issue, but Moondragon was present and kicking ass. Also of note - the letters page confirmed that 616 Moondragon IS still alive...and hinted that she and the alternate reality Moondragon who is currently one of the Guardians may cross paths at some point.
    Then why is the double even a thing? Unless maybe they kill off AU Moondragon and stick 616 Moondraogon with AU Phyla.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    So here's an interesting thing someone found out in an article from last year on Twitter:

https://twitter.com/scpphics/status/1173974901239308297

People are guessing Kamala, but I don't think Marvel would have the balls to make her queer, so I'm guessing it is (or it was, not sure if that made the cut) supposed to be one of her friends. Maybe Nakia?
    I could see it being an original character. Or I guess it could be Nakia even though she's straight in the comics.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Then why is the double even a thing? Unless maybe they kill off AU Moondragon and stick 616 Moondraogon with AU Phyla.
    Their doubles were introdued by Gerry Duggan, who was also the same writer who thought 616 Heather was dead for some reason. My guess is that he was just misinformed and did the AU thing as a quick fix to the situation. And then Cates came along and since those characters were already there, he decided to use them.

And I really hope they don't decide to ''mix up'' the two of them. If they're bringing back the old Heather, they better bring Phyla back as well.

I could see it being an original character. Or I guess it could be Nakia even though she's straight in the comics.
    I thought of Nakia because she was involved in a queer storyline from the Ms. Marvel comic (Zoe having a crush on her), plus, she seems to be a bit more conservative than Kamala, since she wears a hijab. Maybe they were rewriting the Zoe plot, but making Nakia return her feelings in that universe.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 09-22-2019 at 10:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    Their doubles were introdued by Gerry Duggan, who was also the same writer who thought 616 Heather was dead for some reason. My guess is that he was just misinformed and did the AU thing as a quick fix to the situation. And then Cates came along and since those characters were already there, he decided to use them.

And I really hope they don't decide to ''mix up'' the two of them. If they're bringing back the old Heather, they better bring Phyla back as well.
    Yeah, I know Duggan did it and was working under a wrong assumption, but I'm just not sure what's the point of keeping up with these doubles unless, I guess, they kill off the AU Moondragon or bring back Phyla and ship the doubles off.
    I thought of Nakia because she was involved in a queer storyline from the Ms. Marvel comic (Zoe having a crush on her), plus, she seems to be a bit more conservative than Kamala, since she wears a hijab. Maybe they were rewriting the Zoe plot, but making Nakia return her feelings in that universe.
    Or a case of "composite character."

I thought it might be Nakia too, but I'm not sure if she's actually been shown in the Marvel Rising cartoons? (Based on the IMDB listings for the various specials).

Watching some of the previews for the already-aired specials, Kamala blushes quite a bit when meeting Captain Marvel- maybe in the Rising-verse she has a crush on her?

I hadn't watched any of the Rising stuff before, but I was pleasantly surprised to find out they retained America's 'two moms' origin.

Extraordinary Member

I hope they reveal that these supposed doubles are the originals.

I dislike using alternates to replace the originals and frankly, given how alternates are used as cannon fodder, I keep expecting them to fall into a blender

Mighty Member

Oh, something I meant to mention in the Week In Gay post....its not Marvel-related, but the latest volume of Empowered came out last week! The book has multiple LGBT characters, a few of whom had very important roles in this volume. There were also some big reveals in the backstory of the Emp-verse and some of its characters.

Mighty Member

The Week In Gay:

Avengers: Loki Unleashed - one shot by Roger Stern and Ron Lim set back during Stern's classic AVENGERS run shortly after the "Siege Of Avengers Mansion" storyline. Not really Loki's best showing ever, but a fun read for old school Avengers fans.

Black Panther #16 - Taku is a supporting character in this run, and apparently Ayo and Aneka are in this issue. I haven't been following the "Intergalactic Empire Of Wakanda" storyline though so I don't know if these are the regular continuity versions of these characters or not.

Captain America #14 - Toni Ho has a cameo appearance

New Mutants: War Children - one-shot by Claremont and Sienkiewicz set during their classic NEW MUTANTS run. Karma is part of the cast.

Strikeforce #1 - new series starts here with Wiccan and Angela as part of the team. Satana also has a cameo.

Superior Spider-Man #11 - Skein and Max Modell both have blink-and-you'll-miss-it cameos.

Did I miss anything?

Astonishing Member

Today's FUTURE FOUNDATION #3 spoilers:
    reveals not only the circumstances of Rikki Barnes' return, but also revealed that Toni Ho was her girlfriend & was killed {BTS} during the SECRET WARS by the Maker....!!!
    end of spoilers

It's also revealed that
    spoilers:
    Rikki and Becky from Exiles where one and the same. So she also dated Valkyrie from that series, before being killed by either The Maker or The Griever and being "reborn" as a new version of Rebecca Barnes.
    end of spoilers

Phyla and Moondragon are sticking around in Al Ewing's new Guardians series.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Phyla and Moondragon are sticking around in Al Ewing's new Guardians series.

Noh-Varr is there too, so that makes three.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Husk View Post
    Noh-Varr is there too, so that makes three.
    And in Ewing's story for this year's GOTG ANNUAL he hinted that Avril Kincaid (Quasar III) may still be alive, so we can likely expect that thread to be followed up in his run as well. She may not join the team, but its another LGBT character who is likely to turn up.

And in Ewing's story for this year's GOTG ANNUAL he hinted that Avril Kincaid (Quasar III) may still be alive, so we can likely expect that thread to be followed up in his run as well. She may not join the team, but its another LGBT character who is likely to turn up.
    Agreed. They really should bring Avril back. Her death serves no purpose to her story or the overall story. It was just for a “big moment”.

Astonishing Member MasterOfMagnetism's Avatar

Ok so there are alleged plot leaks for The Eternals from 4chan that are on Reddit right now, they claim Brian Tyree Henry is playing the gay character. Obviously take it with a grain of salt but the fact that they're claiming Phastos is the gay character when no official sources have confirmed that seems significant to me.

Openly gay actor Haaz Sleiman has apparently joined filming for The Eternals, it's unconfirmed who he's playing but considering that he's openly gay people are speculating that he's playing the gay character's husband.
    Last edited by MasterOfMagnetism; 10-05-2019 at 08:13 AM.