View Poll Results: Who is your favourite 616 Marvel LGBT character?

Voters
891. You may not vote on this poll
  • ANOLE [Victor Borkowski]

30 3.37%
  • BLING! [Roxanne ‘Roxy’ Washington]

12 1.35%
  • CULLEN BLOODSTONE

21 2.36%
  • DAKEN AKIHIRO

47 5.27%
  • HULKLING [Theodore ‘Teddy’ Altman]

49 5.50%
  • KARMA [Xi’an Coy Mahn]

49 5.50%
  • KAROLINA DEAN

47 5.27%
  • LOKI LAUFEYSON, God of Mischief

78 8.75%
  • MOONDRAGON [Heather Douglas]

46 5.16%
  • MYSTIQUE [Raven Darkholme]

134 15.04%
  • NORTHSTAR [Jean-Paul Beaubier]

69 7.74%
  • PRODIGY [David Alleyne]

26 2.92%
  • RICTOR [Julio Esteban Ricter]

47 5.27%
  • SHATTERSTAR [Gaveedra-7]

51 5.72%
  • WICCAN [William ‘Billy’ Kaplan], the Demiurge

185 20.76%
Page 1128 of 1132 FirstFirst ... 128628102810781118112411251126112711281129113011311132 LastLast
Results 16,906 to 16,920 of 16972
    Astonishing Member

The Week In Gay:

10 new books released this week.

Avengers #10 - the Avengers continue to battle the Twilight Court, who have a couple of LGBT members. That fight was mostly in the background this issue though.

Daredevil: Gang War #3 of 4 - Daredevil (Elektra) defends a same-sex couple and their kids against a group of thugs. One of the men is ex-military and fights alongside her.

Sensational She-Hulk #5 - Daimon Hellstrom makes an appearance.

Wolverine: Madripoor Knights #1 of 5 - flashback miniseries by Chris Claremont that takes place immediately after his classic UNCANNY X-MEN #268. Psylocke appears in this issue, but since its a flashback it is before Besty officially came out as bisexual (although that subtext had existed with her under Claremont before anyway).

X-Men #31 - Shadowkat is on the team.

And for the digital comics...

Alligator Loki Infinity Comic #35 - Hulkling, Wiccan and Moondragon have appearances

Marvel's Voices Infinity Comic #89 - "A-Force" arc continues, with more of Starfox (and Dazzler) in the Mojoverse.

If I missed anything, please let me know.

Incredible Member

I saw this in an interview with the x-men authors and I'm curious, opinions? Was it just a joke? Did you find it funny or interesting?

Steve Foxe: Northstar and Kyle. And I don’t mean holy matrimony. C’mon. We all know they’re perched at the Lagoon making eyes across the bar when they like someone’s vibe. Where do you think Pyro 2’s been since Krakoa started?

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas 35 View Post
    I saw this in an interview with the x-men authors and I'm curious, opinions? Was it just a joke? Did you find it funny or interesting?
    I find it disgusting. I simply don't get what the X-Men offices have against allowing established relationships. This whole polyamory thing is gross to me. I loved following Kyle and Jean-Paul's relationship and marriage almost as much as I loved following Scott/Jean, Remy/Anna, and Illyana/Kitty (don't look at me like that). I cannot stand how everything that has been established before means nothing to the X-Men writers.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by SturdyMike89 View Post
    I find it disgusting. I simply don't get what the X-Men offices have against allowing established relationships. This whole polyamory thing is gross to me. I loved following Kyle and Jean-Paul's relationship and marriage almost as much as I loved following Scott/Jean, Remy/Anna, and Illyana/Kitty (don't look at me like that). I cannot stand how everything that has been established before means nothing to the X-Men writers.
    Actually most of the current X-Men writers care a lot about what has been established before and work a lot of past continuity into their stories, particularly Steve Foxe, so I don't think that particular accusation is really true or fair. If you don't like the polyamorous aspect of some of the relationships in the Krakoa era that's fair enough, but it doesn't automatically mean the writers are ignoring or tossing away what came before. He certainly never said anything about ending Northstar and Kyle's marriage...he just suggested they might hook-up with some other people as a couple.

In any case, I'd say he was mostly joking since it is highly unlikely that it will be established as fact on-panel....especially since Krakoa has fallen and no one is hooking up with anyone at the Lagoon at this point.
    Last edited by Dermie; 02-18-2024 at 04:40 PM. Reason: fixed a typo

Personally, I never cared for the marriage. It was way to early to marry Northstar off, especially to such a non-entity. So I'm all for making it more interesting or even dissolving it completely. Maybe Jean-Paul can start a psychic affair with Christian Frost

Quote Originally Posted by SturdyMike89 View Post
    It's funny that you're bringing up Scott and Jean, cause these two are hardly an example of faithfulness.

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post

That would probably get less pushback from some readers than outing Johnny as bi...but there would undoubtedly still be some flak over it due to the Franklin/Rachel romance in "Days Of Future Past". There were some people who cited that romance as an objection when the Rachel/Besty same-sex romance became official a year or so ago.
    They'll be push back regardless, but at least with DOFP you can hand wave it away as alt. reality stuff, and we already know different realities mean you can sometimes have a different sexuality.

Plus, gay Franklin opens the door for gay Galactus given how they were written at together at the end of the universe in a strangely romantic scene in History of the Marvel Universe.

Plus I'd love to see the kick off for gay Galactus.
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post
    They'll be push back regardless, but at least with DOFP you can hand wave it away as alt. reality stuff, and we already know different realities mean you can sometimes have a different sexuality.
    True enough. Or Franklin could be bisexual, which would side-step the concern somewhat...although as you said, there will always be some pushback, regardless.

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post
    Plus, gay Franklin opens the door for gay Galactus given how they were written at together at the end of the universe in a strangely romantic scene in History of the Marvel Universe.

Plus I'd love to see the kick off for gay Galactus.
    lol. Gay-latcus the Devourer. Queue the complainers pointing out that it was suggested Galactus had fallen in love with Nova (Frankie Raye)....

Franklin basically transcends humanity in terms of power and lifespan, can manipulate reality in ways you might not even be able to comprehend, and one of his key character traits is his creativity and imagination. And his limitless potential. He's one of the characters I'd be fine with becoming bi/pan, since he'd be living long enough to explore every bit of sexuality. He wouldn't even need to bind himself to such "human" concepts as sexual identity. If he wants a cis man pregnant, he can just will it to be. If he wants to date a person and all of their multiversal counterparts at once, maybe he could. He could outlast all of humanity and get together with Mothra for a few thousand years.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    True enough. Or Franklin could be bisexual, which would side-step the concern somewhat...although as you said, there will always be some pushback, regardless.

lol. Gay-latcus the Devourer. Queue the complainers pointing out that it was suggested Galactus had fallen in love with Nova (Frankie Raye)....
    Byrne did write it like that in Last Galactus Story, but Waid has totally mirrored that story with adult Franklin, and it works so much better!
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Astonishing Member

The Week In Gay:

14 new books released on Valentine's Day.

Black Panther #9 - Beisa continues as part of the supporting cast.

Blade #8 - Satana guest stars.

Fall Of The House Of X #2 of 5 - Shadowkat appears as a member of the X-Men.

Scarlet Witch & Quicksilver #1 of 4 - Speed has a blink-and-you'll-miss-it non-speaking cameo.

Spider-Gwen: Smash #3 of 5 - Em Jay and Glory both are part of the supporting cast and spoilers:
    Em Jay becomes Carnage again
    end of spoilers

Superior Spider-Man #4 - we get simulation appearances of a great variety of characters including Black Cat, Web-Weaver, Sun-Spider, and Max Modell.

And for the digital comics...

Alligator Loki Infinity Comic #36 - Loki appears

X-Men Unlimited Infinity Comic #126 - Captain Britain (Betsy), Rictor and Shatterstar star in this issue.

If there's anything else I missed, please let me know.

Incredible Member

I love this cover, especially now I've seen a lot of people commenting on Hercules/Bobby!

Now I want a new lineup of Champions, maybe with Angel, Bobby, Hercules, Marvel Boy Daken, Human Torch, Bucky and Black Widow, for example

Last edited by Lucas 35; 02-22-2024 at 12:17 PM.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

I will always support the muscle bear/twink agenda, so Hercules/Bobby is a yes from me (although that cover might not be exactly indicative of anything that's going on in the actual story).

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    I will always support the muscle bear/twink agenda, so Hercules/Bobby is a yes from me (although that cover might not be exactly indicative of anything that's going on in the actual story).
    Exactly -- they are just posing together. It doesn't mean they are an item, any more than Gwenpool hanging off of Web-Weaver means that those two are an item.

I do really like that cover though. The other cover for the issue (with the Mystique/Destiny wedding scene) is nice too, but this cover is my preference of the two.
    Last edited by Dermie; 02-22-2024 at 10:54 PM.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Northstar is my favorite LGBT character, and he needs to be on an X-Team.

I'm glad Herc is back to his classic costume.