View Poll Results: Who is your favourite 616 Marvel LGBT character?

Voters
889. You may not vote on this poll
  • ANOLE [Victor Borkowski]

30 3.37%
  • BLING! [Roxanne ‘Roxy’ Washington]

12 1.35%
  • CULLEN BLOODSTONE

21 2.36%
  • DAKEN AKIHIRO

47 5.29%
  • HULKLING [Theodore ‘Teddy’ Altman]

49 5.51%
  • KARMA [Xi’an Coy Mahn]

49 5.51%
  • KAROLINA DEAN

47 5.29%
  • LOKI LAUFEYSON, God of Mischief

77 8.66%
  • MOONDRAGON [Heather Douglas]

46 5.17%
  • MYSTIQUE [Raven Darkholme]

134 15.07%
  • NORTHSTAR [Jean-Paul Beaubier]

69 7.76%
  • PRODIGY [David Alleyne]

25 2.81%
  • RICTOR [Julio Esteban Ricter]

47 5.29%
  • SHATTERSTAR [Gaveedra-7]

51 5.74%
  • WICCAN [William ‘Billy’ Kaplan], the Demiurge

185 20.81%
Page 1080 of 1132 FirstFirst ... 805809801030107010761077107810791080108110821083108410901130 ... LastLast
Results 16,186 to 16,200 of 16966
    Astonishing Member

Its true that Emma and Kate dominated the book, especially from the 2nd year on. Part of that is that the story pushed the book in that direction with the assorted Hellfire Trading Company dramas, both internal and external. The other part is that both Emma and Kate are scene-stealing divas who tend to grab the spotlight whenever they are involved.

But I don't think its fair to say that its been only Kate and Emma that have gotten attention. Iceman got more to do in the first year of the book. He got more on-panel action in the missions, more displays of power, and more personal moments like establishing that he was now in a relationship with Christian, etc. The cast spotlight was more balanced in general in the first year -- but it was also a smaller cast then too. Beyond the core team of Kate, Storm, Bishop, Iceman, Pyro and Emma we also had Sebastian Shaw, Christian Frost and Shinobi Shaw right from the early issues...and then along the way added Callisto and Jumbo Carnation and now Tempo too, plus we had a few issues with Masque, etc. Iceman's panel time has absolutely been disappointing more recently--but he's had some good moments along the way in this book too.

Orlando has hinted on Twitter that the team in the Annual isn't the full cast--so maybe we'll still have Iceman in the book after all. We'll see.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    Marvel has announced that Steve Orlando is taking over the MARAUDERS book next year, starting with an Annual in January!

Under Gerry Duggan this book had a lot of LGBT cast members. Orlando is doing a bit of a cast shake-up, but it looks like there will still be a fair bit of LGBT representation with both Daken and Somnus (the new gay mutant introduced in the MARVEL'S VOICE: PRIDE one-shot) joining the cast.

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...uders-annual-1

No word yet on what will be happening with other LGBT MARAUDERS characters like Iceman, Christian Frost, Shinobi Shaw and Jumbo Carnation. I am disappointed that Iceman apparently isn't staying in the MARAUDERS cast though -- I'd have loved to have seen Orlando writing him on an ongoing basis.
    Well, took them long enough to put Orlando in an ongoing. I found it so weird they made such a big deal out of him coming to Marvel and then only put him on minis and one-shots so far. And yeah, I really hope the book gets to keep Bobby and Christian. It would be a shame if they lost them now that a queer writer is finally taking over.

Ok If we're keeping Christian I'mma need some artist to turn him him into the Dilf he should be, this is Emma's "older brother" he shouldn't look like that when his sister is probably a stable 40.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Ok If we're keeping Christian I'mma need some artist to turn him him into the Dilf he should be, this is Emma's "older brother" he shouldn't look like that when his sister is probably a stable 40.
    TRULY THOUGH! The Dauterman cover with Christian is THE Christian we seek.

Marvel has announced that Steve Orlando is taking over the MARAUDERS book next year, starting with an Annual in January!

Under Gerry Duggan this book had a lot of LGBT cast members. Orlando is doing a bit of a cast shake-up, but it looks like there will still be a fair bit of LGBT representation with both Daken and Somnus (the new gay mutant introduced in the MARVEL'S VOICE: PRIDE one-shot) joining the cast.

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...uders-annual-1

No word yet on what will be happening with other LGBT MARAUDERS characters like Iceman, Christian Frost, Shinobi Shaw and Jumbo Carnation. I am disappointed that Iceman apparently isn't staying in the MARAUDERS cast though -- I'd have loved to have seen Orlando writing him on an ongoing basis.
    Daken, Aurora and Somnus? I'm sensing a possible love triangle. Hopefully Aurora and Somnus can serve the plot for more than that though.

Astonishing Member

Another DEATH OF DR. STRANGE tie-in one-shot has been announced, focusing on Elsa Bloodstone -- and co-starring her brother, Cullen Bloodstone!

It will be good to see more of Cullen; he doesn't get used enough. I wasn't entirely happy with the new direction he had gone in when Tini Howard last used him in EXCALIBUR, but I'm still excited to see what he gets up to this time.

Another DEATH OF DR. STRANGE tie-in one-shot has been announced, focusing on Elsa Bloodstone -- and co-starring her brother, Cullen Bloodstone!

It will be good to see more of Cullen; he doesn't get used enough. I wasn't entirely happy with the new direction he had gone in when Tini Howard last used him in EXCALIBUR, but I'm still excited to see what he gets up to this time.
    Yeah, I wasn't too fond of how Howard wrote Cullen in Excalibur. But then again, this is under a different context, and she might write a better version of him.
    Also, according to the announcement, a new Bloodstone sister will be making her debut in this issue, so that should be fun.

By the way, has anyone here read Defenders 3 yet? It's a minor thing, but there was some interesting developments with Cloud.
    I also believe that the next issue of Defenders will have a spotlight on Cloud.

Issue 1 was a Doctor Strange spotlight (The Magician).
    Issue 2 was a Silver Surfer spotlight (Judgment).
    Issue 3 was a Red Harpy spotlight (The High Priestess).
    Issue 5 has to be the Masked Raider spotlight (The Hierophant).
    So that leaves Issue 4 as the Cloud spotlight (The Lovers).

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by alanyoung909 View Post
    By the way, has anyone here read Defenders 3 yet? It's a minor thing, but there was some interesting developments with Cloud.
    I also believe that the next issue of Defenders will have a spotlight on Cloud.

Issue 1 was a Doctor Strange spotlight (The Magician).
    Issue 2 was a Silver Surfer spotlight (Judgment).
    Issue 3 was a Red Harpy spotlight (The High Priestess).
    Issue 5 has to be the Masked Raider spotlight (The Hierophant).
    So that leaves Issue 4 as the Cloud spotlight (The Lovers).
    Yeah, I've been reading DEFENDERS, and I am looking forward to Cloud hopefully getting more to do next issue. I've loved that Ewing has brought them out of limbo for this mini, but so far Cloud hasn't had a lot to do.

Astonishing Member

The Week In Gay:

Captain Marvel #33 - the "Last Of The Marvels" arc continues, with appearances by Noh-Varr and Phyla Vell, as well as various other heroes past and present who have been connected to the "Captain Marvel" name and legacy.

Champions #10 - the end of the Danny Lore/Luciano Vecchio run.

Dark Ages #2 - Apocalyptic "what-if" story, which has appearances by a number of LGBT characters such as Honey Badger, Mystique, etc.

Deadpool: Black, White & Blood #3 of 4

Defenders #3 of 5 - Cloud is part of the team, although they don't get a lot of action in this one. Cloud does define their pronoun preference here though.

Eternals: Celestia - one-shot focusing on Ajak and Makkari, the latter of whom has been reborn in female form. The Pre-Historic Avengers appeared, including Vnn, the gay caveman Starbrand.

Excalibur #24 - We get a bit of RicStar in this issue, and it looks like Shatterstar will be sticking around at least into next issue.

New Mutants #22

Astonishing Member

Claremont will be revisiting Mystique and Destiny in his upcoming X-MEN LEGENDS story, set shortly before the start of his original EXCALIBUR run!

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...2-announcement

Astonishing Member

The Week In Gay:

Gamma Flight #5 - conclusion of this miniseries spin-off from IMMORTAL HULK (which also ends this week)

Symbiote Spider-Man: Crossroads #4 of 5 - Black Cat is part of the cast

Also Marvel's Infinity Comics are currently running a digital only Deadpool: Invisible Touch miniseries teaming up Wade with the Invisible Woman.

Wow - light week for LGBT character appearances!

As always, if you know of any I missed, please chime in!

The Week In Gay:

Gamma Flight #5 - conclusion of this miniseries spin-off from IMMORTAL HULK (which also ends this week)

Symbiote Spider-Man: Crossroads #4 of 5 - Black Cat is part of the cast

Also Marvel's Infinity Comics are currently running a digital only Deadpool: Invisible Touch miniseries teaming up Wade with the Invisible Woman.

Wow - light week for LGBT character appearances!

As always, if you know of any I missed, please chime in!
    Thank you for updating us with The Week In Gay

It's very much appreciated.

What happened to Aaron Fischer in The United States of Captain America ? Is he still apart of the comic, or was it just the first issue? I just want confirmation, lol
    Last edited by Marko Lane; 10-19-2021 at 01:45 AM.

*pretends like I'm asking a completely random, innocent question*

Ahem, can someone be excellent here and share a brief queer history of Starfox?

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    *pretends like I'm asking a completely random, innocent question*

Ahem, can someone be excellent here and share a brief queer history of Starfox?
    As far as I know, his queer history is more like a queer moment, where we saw him in bed surrounded by several aliens of apparently different genders, implying a bi/pansexuality. That was fairly recent, and I don't think it was developed further than that. But a lot of people took it as confirmation of him being queer.

SPOILERS:
    spoilers:
    Hopefully this is something they do in the MCU now that we know the rumor was true after all. Having Harry Styles as a queer Eros would be such a smart move from Marvel, since he already has a pretty queer-friendly fanbase.
    end of spoilers

BANNED

For sure it will happen in the MCU as well.