View Poll Results: Who is your favourite 616 Marvel LGBT character?

Voters
891. You may not vote on this poll
  • ANOLE [Victor Borkowski]

30 3.37%
  • BLING! [Roxanne ‘Roxy’ Washington]

12 1.35%
  • CULLEN BLOODSTONE

21 2.36%
  • DAKEN AKIHIRO

47 5.27%
  • HULKLING [Theodore ‘Teddy’ Altman]

49 5.50%
  • KARMA [Xi’an Coy Mahn]

49 5.50%
  • KAROLINA DEAN

47 5.27%
  • LOKI LAUFEYSON, God of Mischief

78 8.75%
  • MOONDRAGON [Heather Douglas]

46 5.16%
  • MYSTIQUE [Raven Darkholme]

134 15.04%
  • NORTHSTAR [Jean-Paul Beaubier]

69 7.74%
  • PRODIGY [David Alleyne]

26 2.92%
  • RICTOR [Julio Esteban Ricter]

47 5.27%
  • SHATTERSTAR [Gaveedra-7]

51 5.72%
  • WICCAN [William ‘Billy’ Kaplan], the Demiurge

185 20.76%
Page 1040 of 1132 FirstFirst ... 40540940990103010361037103810391040104110421043104410501090 ... LastLast
Results 15,586 to 15,600 of 16973

From my experience, there are instances in which a seemingly straight man or woman finds some of the same sex that they are attracted to and may experiment or dabble in a romantic or sexual relationship with. Sexuality is one of the many mysteries of the universe, no one can understand it. It's different for everyone. I say we just accept Peter Quill banged a dude and move on, it's space!

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    He goes to the same church as Selena Gomez, Justin Bieber and the Kardashians. Catholic church is homophobic too but nobody asks Colbert to recant his faith

The Democrat thing is absolutely relevant when the most recent outburst of hate for him is when he didn't do a Democrat fundraiser that featured some other Parks and Rec cast members. He didn't tell people not to vote for Biden or wore a MAGA hat or anything, he just wasn't at the fundraiser.
    And the Catholic Church has received tremendous backlash for that stance.

Also, I didn't say the Democrat remark wasn't relevant (it also isn't something I care about). I said it was disingenuous, specifically, to try and make Elliot Page's criticism of his church look like it was because he isn't a Democrat, when there are valid criticism there. It is important to call out homophobic stances and actions, especially by people or establishments in positions of authority and power, to counteract the very real damage they cause.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Synestra View Post
    And the Catholic Church has received tremendous backlash for that stance.
    Not individual Catholic celebrities just for being Catholic, though.

Also, I didn't say the Democrat remark wasn't relevant (it also isn't something I care about). I said it was disingenuous, specifically, to try and make Elliot Page's criticism of his church look like it was because he isn't a Democrat, when there are valid criticism there. It is important to call out homophobic stances and actions, especially by people or establishments in positions of authority and power, to counteract the very real damage they cause.
    But Chris Pratt hadn't done any of those things! He literally never talks about his politics. If every Christian now has to apologize just for going to Church why not just ban them all from working in hollywood at all

Mighty Member

He goes to the same church as Selena Gomez, Justin Bieber and the Kardashians. Catholic church is homophobic too but nobody asks Colbert to recant his faith

The Democrat thing is absolutely relevant when the most recent outburst of hate for him is when he didn't do a Democrat fundraiser that featured some other Parks and Rec cast members. He didn't tell people not to vote for Biden or wore a MAGA hat or anything, he just wasn't at the fundraiser.
    I hate that I know this stuff.

There is a reason that Selena Gomez, Justin Bieber and the Kardashians and other celebs who attend that church doesn't get the same amount of hate as he does. People know Pratt is conservative and have for a long time and most didn't expect him to be at the Democrat fundraiser but a lot of female fans have views and feelings about this first marriage, divorce and remarriage, and uses anything to pile on him, including his church's stance on LGBTQ issues and his politics.

That is why there is always an overreaction when it comes to him because the hate base already exists.

Not individual Catholic celebrities just for being Catholic, though.
    People have brought attention to other celebrities being in that church though.

Sex Abuse & Gay Conversion Therapy: The Dark Past of Justin Bieber’s Megachurch Hillsong
    But Chris Pratt hadn't done any of those things! He literally never talks about his politics.
    Quote Originally Posted by Synestra View Post
    I also don't have personal feelings about Pratt himself, but the situation with Page was specifically about the church he attends
    Again, I don't care one way or the other about Pratt himself. I came to address the misrepresentation of Page's criticism toward his church as "because Pratt isn't a Democrat." Page made a valid criticism of his church and rightfully said it should be addressed. In a similar way, you were spreading misinformation that needed to be addressed.
    If every Christian now has to apologize just for going to Church why not just ban them all from working in hollywood at all
    Page never said to ban Pratt from Hollywood. Again, the point it to call out homophobic stances and actions from those in positions to do real harm (such as conversion therapy).

Christians shouldn't have to apologize for going to church, but when they try to ignore or cover up the harm their church does, it should be addressed too.
    Last edited by Synestra; 12-15-2020 at 01:44 AM.

I'm a gay catholic who goes to church. Lock me up!

Just going to church doesn't mean you support that church's doctrines
    Ex) Joe Biden and myself being catholic

Page criticized the church, not necessarily the person. The "church" Pratt attends is a horrific bigoted cult.

I also think this is an absolutely ridiculous argument imo

Astonishing Member

The Week In Gay:

Black Cat #1 - Felicia's book is relaunched and the new volume starts with the "King In Black" tie-in arc. Hopefully the tie-in gives the new volume a strong start in sales, because the first volume was a pleasant surprise with just how good it is.

Deadpool #9

Immortal Hulk #41 - Dr. McGowan continues as part of the supporting cast

Magnificent Ms. Marvel #17 - Zoe Zimmer is in this issue

New Mutants #14 - Vita Ayala takes over as the new writer. Karma is still on the team and Scout (formerly Honey Badger) joins the cast

Wolverine: Black, White & Blood #2 - Kate Pryde appears in one of the stories in this anthology book.

Outside of the comics themselves, Kris Anka revealed that he and Chip Zdarsky had plans to introduce a male love interest for Peter Quill in their STAR-LORD book a few years ago if it had lasted longer. So apparently Al Ewing isn't the only Marvel writer who thought that was an appropriate direction for Quill's character....

Anole was also in New Mutants! And seems like he'll have a significant enough role going on

Because Pratt isn't a Democrat, which means half of twitter (most notably Elliot Page) have decided that must mean he's a bigot.
    Allso he was a douche to Pam....
    Quote Originally Posted by ZuLuLu View Post
    I hate that I know this stuff.

There is a reason that Selena Gomez, Justin Bieber and the Kardashians and other celebs who attend that church doesn't get the same amount of hate as he does. People know Pratt is conservative and have for a long time and most didn't expect him to be at the Democrat fundraiser but a lot of female fans have views and feelings about this first marriage, divorce and remarriage, and uses anything to pile on him, including his church's stance on LGBTQ issues and his politics.

That is why there is always an overreaction when it comes to him because the hate base already exists.
    Errr I HIIIghy doubt that the female fans of Pratt can drown out the Kardashian Acolytes lol Pretty sure its cause as a his GOTG star got bigger his visibility to kids grew as well. Annnnd impressionable kids aren't really into the other 3 (until later if at all) and wouldn't be as influenced by him....And hes married to a Terminator
    Quote Originally Posted by nandes View Post
    Anole was also in New Mutants! And seems like he'll have a significant enough role going on
    Yeah but Karma
    GrindrStone(D)

I don't even care if Quill is bi or pan but people need to stop using their personal experience as if it is a universal truth.

I know of two who consider themselves bi now who would tell you that they never question their sexuality until they met the particular person of the same sex they found themselves attracted to both in their late twenties to early thirties.

Sexuality is a complex issue and we need to stop with this idea that people need to have always known that there was 'something different about them' when they were very young as proof of their true sexual orientation.
    Sorry but the first two sentences back to back in this quote above are highly amusing.
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

I don't even care if Quill is bi or pan but people need to stop using their personal experience as if it is a universal truth.

I know of two who consider themselves bi now who would tell you that they never question their sexuality until they met the particular person of the same sex they found themselves attracted to both in their late twenties to early thirties.

Sexuality is a complex issue and we need to stop with this idea that people need to have always known that there was 'something different about them' when they were very young as proof of their true sexual orientation.
    I saw this when I was super young living near Gulf Shores Alabama....pretty much describes everyone on the planet with a sexuality
    GrindrStone(D)

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    I saw this when I was super young living near Gulf Shores Alabama....pretty much describes everyone on the planet with a sexuality
    Thanks for sharing. I always enjoy Margaret Cho.

Astonishing Member

The Week In Gay:

It was a rather light week for new comics--and next week will be even lighter due to the holidays. But we still got a little this week....

Excalibur #16 - The team starts investigating to find out what happened to Betsy and where she is if she's still alive. Rictor mourns Apocalypse's absence. Still no explicit confirmation of what was going on between them but it is heavily hinted that there are more-than-platonic feelings there. Northstar and other members of the X-Factor team make a cameo appearance.

Maestro #5 of 5 - more of evil alternate future Hercules

Marvel #3 - the Golden Age Black Widow (Claire Voyant) has a story here. She was revealed to be bisexual a few years ago in THE TWELVE.

That was it for this week!

Happy Holidays everyone!

Astonishing Member

One more I overlooked.

King In Black #2 - Dracula had a cameo appearance, and he was outed as bisexual in Jason Aaron's AVENGERS a year or so ago.