View Poll Results: Who is your favourite 616 Marvel LGBT character?

Voters
891. You may not vote on this poll
  • ANOLE [Victor Borkowski]

30 3.37%
  • BLING! [Roxanne ‘Roxy’ Washington]

12 1.35%
  • CULLEN BLOODSTONE

21 2.36%
  • DAKEN AKIHIRO

47 5.27%
  • HULKLING [Theodore ‘Teddy’ Altman]

49 5.50%
  • KARMA [Xi’an Coy Mahn]

49 5.50%
  • KAROLINA DEAN

47 5.27%
  • LOKI LAUFEYSON, God of Mischief

78 8.75%
  • MOONDRAGON [Heather Douglas]

46 5.16%
  • MYSTIQUE [Raven Darkholme]

134 15.04%
  • NORTHSTAR [Jean-Paul Beaubier]

69 7.74%
  • PRODIGY [David Alleyne]

26 2.92%
  • RICTOR [Julio Esteban Ricter]

47 5.27%
  • SHATTERSTAR [Gaveedra-7]

51 5.72%
  • WICCAN [William ‘Billy’ Kaplan], the Demiurge

185 20.76%
Page 1081 of 1132 FirstFirst ... 815819811031107110771078107910801081108210831084108510911131 ... LastLast
Results 16,201 to 16,215 of 16971
    BANNED

Kevin Feige Says Eternal's Gay Hero Is Just The Start For MCU Representation

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    As far as I know, his queer history is more like a queer moment, where we saw him in bed surrounded by several aliens of apparently different genders, implying a bi/pansexuality. That was fairly recent, and I don't think it was developed further than that. But a lot of people took it as confirmation of him being queer.

SPOILERS:
    spoilers:
    Hopefully this is something they do in the MCU now that we know the rumor was true after all. Having Harry Styles as a queer Eros would be such a smart move from Marvel, since he already has a pretty queer-friendly fanbase.
    end of spoilers
    Thanks a lot! At least he's canonically confirmed as queer.

SPOILERS:
    spoilers:
    He's perfect for queer Eros. Even if all they let him do is just flirt with every character in the MCU.
    end of spoilers

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Marko Lane View Post
    Thank you for updating us with The Week In Gay

It's very much appreciated.

What happened to Aaron Fischer in The United States of Captain America ? Is he still apart of the comic, or was it just the first issue? I just want confirmation, lol
    You're welcome. Tiamatty was the one who started the "week in gay" tradition, but since he's been gone from the boards for a few years now I've been doing my best to keep it going in his absence.

As for Aaron Fischer, he had a behind-the-scenes appearance in issue #2, communicating with one of the other members of the Cap Network by text message, and he returned to the story on-panel in issue #4 and will be part of the conclusion this week.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    *pretends like I'm asking a completely random, innocent question*

Ahem, can someone be excellent here and share a brief queer history of Starfox?
    Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    As far as I know, his queer history is more like a queer moment, where we saw him in bed surrounded by several aliens of apparently different genders, implying a bi/pansexuality. That was fairly recent, and I don't think it was developed further than that. But a lot of people took it as confirmation of him being queer.
    Yeah, that basically covers it. In Jeff Lemire's THANOS ongoing series where was a scene of Eros in an orgy when the Champion Of The Universe (Tryco Slatterus) shows up to speak to him. Eros comments on him being a "strapping fellow" and invites him to join them in bed.

That was the most direct hint of Eros' bisexuality that we've had so far. There have been other more subtle nods or ambiguous moments along the way, but that was the main one.

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    You're welcome. Tiamatty was the one who started the "week in gay" tradition, but since he's been gone from the boards for a few years now I've been doing my best to keep it going in his absence.

As for Aaron Fischer, he had a behind-the-scenes appearance in issue #2, communicating with one of the other members of the Cap Network by text message, and he returned to the story on-panel in issue #4 and will be part of the conclusion this week.
    Thank you!

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Nice to hear it made the final cut. Ever since we learned about it from one of the actors, my biggest fear was that it was gonna end up being a deleted scene. Disney finally had the balls!

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    I know nothing about Eternals, but since Kit and Richard are a part of the cast I was already going to see it in the theaters- and now I'm even more excited

Astonishing Member

The Week In Gay:

Thor #18 - Loki appears in this

United States Of Captain America #5 of 5 - the conclusion. All of the Captains America--including Aaron Fisher--unite for the big showdown with Hate Monger and his allies.

Trial Of Magneto #3 of 5 - Northstar gets to kick some butt, and Wiccan and Speed both appear.

yay for more Aaron Fisher. Hope to see him again. Definitely gonna look for US of Captain America in my local comic store, as well as TOM with Northstar showing off and Wiccan & Speed appearing. Do the twins have dialogue or are they just in the background?

Just saw a panel from TOM #3 with Wiccan & Speed , so they do have dialogue.

Astonishing Member

The Week In Gay:

Amazing Spider-Man #77 - Black Cat has a cameo appearance

Inferno #2 of 4 - The Mystique/Destiny storyline is a major part of this book

Marauders #25 - Iceman gets to do some impressive tricks issue, and Kate Pryde gets to kick butt.

Wolverine #17 - there were a couple of LGBT mutant cameos in a Krakoa karaoke scene

Apparently Eternals is banned in few countries because of the *gasp* “gay kissing scene”; apparently Disney/Marvel are sticking up for their product.

So…yay us?

Eye-rolling bajuszbetyár The Invincible Beawulf's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bunch of Coconuts View Post
    Apparently Eternals is banned in few countries because of the *gasp* “gay kissing scene”; apparently Disney/Marvel are sticking up for their product.

So…yay us?
    Actually, there is also anti-LGBT/propaganda bullsh*t law passed in my country. I watched this movie today, the gay kissing scene wasn't cut out, and the film is PG-12 rated.
    There were also elementary school students without their parents amongst the viewers. Noone treated that gay scene as something spectacular - especially bc there was also a het sex scene in the film, plus also many intimate moments.
    BL and comics fan. 🌈 ----- For those saying BL is "pandering to fujos! Too girly! It's fetishization!!!" --> https://www.fujoshi.info/ (a website with academic resources on Queer Media Studies in Asia and LGBTQIA+ history)

The queer body has been used as a battleground, has been criminalized, ostracized, and many times erased from their own histories. -- Alesha Byrne (University of San Francisco)

Astonishing Member

The Week In Gay:

Things are likely going to be pretty slim for the next few weeks, with all the delays for almost every Marvel title!

Strange Academy Presents: Death Of Dr. Strange - The main story focuses on Alvi, Iric and their mother the Enchantress, but Zoe and Dessy do appear in one of the various short stories featuring the other students.

Winter Guard #3 of 4 - Dracula is involved in the story

X-Men Legends #8 - Yukio appears in this flashback tale.

The digital-exclusive Infinity Comics had a noteworthy addition this week:

Hulkling & Wiccan #1 - new miniseries. Iceman, Northstar and Kyle all guest star in the first issue.

X-Men Unlimited Infinity Comic #10 - Jumbo Carnation makes an appearance