View Poll Results: Who is your favourite 616 Marvel LGBT character?

Voters
891. You may not vote on this poll
  • ANOLE [Victor Borkowski]

30 3.37%
  • BLING! [Roxanne ‘Roxy’ Washington]

12 1.35%
  • CULLEN BLOODSTONE

21 2.36%
  • DAKEN AKIHIRO

47 5.27%
  • HULKLING [Theodore ‘Teddy’ Altman]

49 5.50%
  • KARMA [Xi’an Coy Mahn]

49 5.50%
  • KAROLINA DEAN

47 5.27%
  • LOKI LAUFEYSON, God of Mischief

78 8.75%
  • MOONDRAGON [Heather Douglas]

46 5.16%
  • MYSTIQUE [Raven Darkholme]

134 15.04%
  • NORTHSTAR [Jean-Paul Beaubier]

69 7.74%
  • PRODIGY [David Alleyne]

26 2.92%
  • RICTOR [Julio Esteban Ricter]

47 5.27%
  • SHATTERSTAR [Gaveedra-7]

51 5.72%
  • WICCAN [William ‘Billy’ Kaplan], the Demiurge

185 20.76%
Page 952 of 1132 FirstFirst ... 45285290294294894995095195295395495595696210021052 ... LastLast
Results 14,266 to 14,280 of 16971
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    Attachment 83438
    https://twitter.com/LucianoVecchio/s...30268493172737

Nice piece I saw on Jamie McKelvie's timeline.
    I don't understand why Wonder Woman is there.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shreene View Post
    I don't understand why Wonder Woman is there.
    Well, she has been outed as queer by one of her writers in recent times, but her inclusion as ''the face'' of DC's LGBTQ characters could be argued as problematic, due to the queerbaiting nature of how she is represented (tell but not show). I mean, if Deadpool was ''the face'' of Marvel's LGBTQ characters, I'd have my issues with that as well. My guess is that the artist really liked her and just felt like including her in a prominent position, even though her queersexuality is not as prominent. I don't really follow DC so I'm not as bothered, but I understand if people feel like characters like Batwoman or Midnighter/Apollo deserve that front and center spot more than WW, since they've done much more for DC's LGBTQ representation than her.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 06-17-2019 at 06:36 AM.

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Yeah, the implied historic lesbianism of Wonder Woman is grating, but we're still very much in the 'any representation is good representation' phase of LGBT+ comics, given how much backlash there still is whenever someone appears who isnt binary and straight.
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Ultimate Member

Wonder Woman is kind of front and center there, given that her 'representation' is kind of the weak tea that is brought by characters like Hercules, Loki and Deadpool (who are, justifiably, *not* front and center on the Marvel side of the page), but it's not like DC is trying to sell this, it's just a fan thing.

It is cool to see Legionnaires and Legion-related characters like Element Lad and Shvaugn Erin, or Gravity Kid and Power Boy, on the DC side, and characters we haven't seen as much lately like Striker, Bling!, Moondragon, America Chavez and Living Lightning on the Marvel side.

Astonishing Member

The Week In Gay:

Asgardians Of The Galaxy #10 - sadly this is the series finale for this very LGBT-inclusive book, although Angela at least has a new project lined up.

Age Of X-Man: Marvellous X-Men #5 of 5

Champions #6

Giant-Man #3 of 3 - the climax has a significant character moment for Raz. And fans of THUNDERBOLTS will be happy for the reunion between Atlas and Moonstone, and YOUNG AVENGERS fans will be happy to see the return of Cassie Lang in a heroic role.

Superior Spider-Man #7- guest starring the new West Coast Avengers, including LGBT members Fuse and Alloy.

Symbiote Spider-Man #3 of 5 - Black Cat appears in this, but given that it is set during the period where she and Spidey were still a couple don't expect any reference to her bisexuality (on the other hand, it IS written by Peter David who has an excellent track record for LGBT inclusion, so who knows)

X-Force #9

Did I miss anything? UNBEATABLE SQUIRREL GIRL was out this week, but I didn't list it above since Koi Boi and Nancy aren't appearing in this arc.

Incredible Member AndersonHoran's Avatar

There's a trans character in the new season of Jessica Jones.
    https://inews.co.uk/culture/televisi...ans-narrative/

Quote Originally Posted by AndersonHoran View Post
    There's a trans character in the new season of Jessica Jones.
    https://inews.co.uk/culture/televisi...ans-narrative/
    Kinda sad that this happens when the show's about to end, but hey, trans people exist in the MCU! That's something.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Daken and Loki.

Never forget this gift we received from West Coast:

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Never forget this gift we received from West Coast:

I think the best thing about his is that now we can actually count Noh-Varr as LGBT. I know a lot of people already did but "I experimented on some ships" for a jokey scene didn't really do it for me. (And, well... The Fuse/Noh-Varr pairing is very, hmm... Aesthetically pleasing for me. Too bad there's not enough fans of this book to make some good fanart).

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I think the best thing about his is that now we can actually count Noh-Varr as LGBT. I know a lot of people already did but "I experimented on some ships" for a jokey scene didn't really do it for me. (And, well... The Fuse/Noh-Varr pairing is very, hmm... Aesthetically pleasing for me. Too bad there's not enough fans of this book to make some good fanart).
    Yeah, I'm glad about that too. I mean, we technically didn't get him saying he was something other than straight, but I think it's a lot more implied there than it was back in Young Avengers. Speaking of Gillen's run... it's kinda funny how the Johnny/Noh-Varr pairing physically looks like David/Tommy, who shared a kiss in YA (and then another one on that Secret Wars AU). People already mistake Noh and Tommy for each other enough as it is, so why the hell not complicate things even further? LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Jumpyshark View Post
    It's not a proper day on Wiccling fandom if we're not appreaciating some cris-art work, amirite?

And I hope more fanartists start to draw them with their Death's Head looks once the book comes out. I really love them.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Plus the Gillen scene gave straight!Noh-Varr fans enough plausible deniability when it came to actually counting him as not-straight. Though, I think I’m getting too greedy because this is also the second time they’ve indirectly mentioned Tommy not being straight but I never know if the creators have him in mind when they do it. First, it was the “am I the only straight one on the team?” and now Kate’s “wait. have I ever dated anyone straight?”

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Plus the Gillen scene gave straight!Noh-Varr fans enough plausible deniability when it came to actually counting him as not-straight. Though, I think I’m getting too greedy because this is also the second time they’ve indirectly mentioned Tommy not being straight but I never know if the creators have him in mind when they do it. First, it was the “am I the only straight one on the team?” and now Kate’s “wait. have I ever dated anyone straight?”
    To be fair, the last time he appeared in a comic he was literally counted as LGBTQ+ by the author. I hold on to hope he'll officially come out soon...

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    After having read another article some time back, I wonder how much Japan and Japanese Anime and such should really be looked at as a positive with regards to representation. That article I read back then kinda highlighted a lot of toxic LGBTQA practices that are perpetuated in some of their media (Queer as fetishization, justified Bastard Boyfriends, etc.). Also, from what I understand, there might (be or have been, not sure) a "it's just a phase/it's practice for 'real' relationships" mentality among depictions and tolerance.

So I don't know.
    Last edited by J. D. Guy; 06-19-2019 at 07:52 AM. Reason: Small clarification