View Poll Results: Who is your favourite 616 Marvel LGBT character?

Voters
889. You may not vote on this poll
  • ANOLE [Victor Borkowski]

30 3.37%
  • BLING! [Roxanne ‘Roxy’ Washington]

12 1.35%
  • CULLEN BLOODSTONE

21 2.36%
  • DAKEN AKIHIRO

47 5.29%
  • HULKLING [Theodore ‘Teddy’ Altman]

49 5.51%
  • KARMA [Xi’an Coy Mahn]

49 5.51%
  • KAROLINA DEAN

47 5.29%
  • LOKI LAUFEYSON, God of Mischief

77 8.66%
  • MOONDRAGON [Heather Douglas]

46 5.17%
  • MYSTIQUE [Raven Darkholme]

134 15.07%
  • NORTHSTAR [Jean-Paul Beaubier]

69 7.76%
  • PRODIGY [David Alleyne]

25 2.81%
  • RICTOR [Julio Esteban Ricter]

47 5.29%
  • SHATTERSTAR [Gaveedra-7]

51 5.74%
  • WICCAN [William ‘Billy’ Kaplan], the Demiurge

185 20.81%
Page 970 of 1130 FirstFirst ... 47087092096096696796896997097197297397498010201070 ... LastLast
Results 14,536 to 14,550 of 16944

Well, MAC had a page in Marvel Comics #1000 that did more for the character than her entire solo series, so yay! (Who? Me? Bitter? Nonsense!)

Also, the YA page was really cool, but not what we'd been speculating. spoilers:
    Eli is back with the team, but they weren't celebrating Billy and Ted's wedding.
    end of spoilers

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfMagnetism View Post
    I don't mind you popping into the conversation at all, in fact I greatly appreciate it.

The film critic I mentioned earlier is Gregory Ellwood. https://twitter.com/TheGregoryE I don't know how much inside information he had but he was one of the few people who was not surprised to hear that Angelina is not playing Sersi and is in a supporting role instead. He's the one who seemed to suggest that Brian Tyree Henry is playing the gay character, if I was interpreting his hints correctly. Again I'm basing that mostly on a smiley face emoji, lol.

Thank you very much for linking that extended clip, I had not seen that before and it suggests two things to me:
    1.) If the gay character is Ikaris then I doubt his family gets fridged like in the comics if Feige is referring to the character's family as being "a very sweet part of his story".
    2.) Feige saying the gay character's storyline is "an important part of the movie", highly suggests that the character isn't a minor character that's only in a couple scenes which sounds more like it'll be Ikaris than Phastos.

I also noticed someone on twitter pointing out that it's a bit suspicious that Richard Madden hasn't been talking much about his character in interviews.
    Thank you so much! Both for the kind welcome to my popping in and for the name (and not minding my odd ask 😆 )

It’s great to know who it was- with all the guesses being presented as fact on twitter it’s hard to know who really KNOWS anything, but I get the sense he probably knows at least a bit more, or has a better sense of what’s going on, than most of the accounts I’m coming across. I was so annoyed at myself for not following at the time, and I’d tried a couple of twitter searches but of course had come up with nothing, so had completely given it up. I really appreciate the link, thank you again!

And no problem at all for the video, very happy to be able to give back and contribute at least a tiny bit! I too thought it sounded interesting. I hope they follow through and the movie lives up to his intentions. I still can’t guess who it’s going to be (sometimes I think the tiny pieces of info are lining up to sound like it WILL be Ikaris. Other times (maybe it's my more cynical side) I think it won't be, that Marvel aren’t there YET, to make the gay hero be their swoon-worthy heartthrob lead character, if you know what I mean? I’d be happy to be proven wrong there, though.) but I agree, it sounds to me like it’s at least going to be a prominent character, which is really good to hear.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    Well, MAC had a page in Marvel Comics #1000 that did more for the character than her entire solo series, so yay! (Who? Me? Bitter? Nonsense!)

Also, the YA page was really cool, but not what we'd been speculating. spoilers:
    Eli is back with the team, but they weren't celebrating Billy and Ted's wedding.
    end of spoilers
    Gurl I'm beggin. What else can you tell me. Bout America. Bout the boys. Bout it Bout it!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Gurl I'm beggin. What else can you tell me. Bout America. Bout the boys. Bout it Bout it!
    Yes. Please spoil the MAC bit.

God I didn't want the YA page to end

Everyone excited that MAC is getting her own show for Disney+?

https://twitter.com/moredisneyplus/s...68909840322560
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Spoilers for MAC.

Spoilers for YA.

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfMagnetism View Post
    The first gay superhero is a big deal, I don't think it's too much of a hard-hitting question to ask about the significance of that.
    And hope that much good fruit is actively taken in as a result.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

end of spoilers
    I'm actually glad about that, honestly.

spoilers:
    I said this before, but I definitely don't think a one-page story could do a Billy/Teddy wedding justice, so it's ok by me that they didn't even try. When it happens, it should be in a book that's fully about them.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    I'm actually glad about that, honestly.

spoilers:
    I said this before, but I definitely don't think a one-page story could do a Billy/Teddy wedding justice, so it's ok by me that they didn't even try. When it happens, it should be in a book that's fully about them.
    end of spoilers
    Agreed. I didn't think anyone would be particularly upset about it.

end of spoilers
    I dug both those pages.

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

I dont know that anyone is back with the team, or that the team is back at all.

I think it was just nostalgia and fun - it's telling that BC are saying the page was changed from announcing a reunification of the YA to just a happy one off with maybe future times.

But we will see. It was definitely nice to see Marvel do that MAC page
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    Everyone excited that MAC is getting her own show for Disney+?

https://twitter.com/moredisneyplus/s...68909840322560
    Having only read MAC's first couple appearances in The Ultimates and YA I am. But apparently her solo stuff is SUPER cringe worthy (??) Soooo i hope they present to general audience....esp kids the BadAss MAC from her earlier debut
    Itll be a good way diversify the pool of 'cool superheroes' they can admire
    GrindrStone(D)

Astonishing Member MasterOfMagnetism's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pixie View Post
    Thank you so much! Both for the kind welcome to my popping in and for the name (and not minding my odd ask 😆 )

It’s great to know who it was- with all the guesses being presented as fact on twitter it’s hard to know who really KNOWS anything, but I get the sense he probably knows at least a bit more, or has a better sense of what’s going on, than most of the accounts I’m coming across. I was so annoyed at myself for not following at the time, and I’d tried a couple of twitter searches but of course had come up with nothing, so had completely given it up. I really appreciate the link, thank you again!

And no problem at all for the video, very happy to be able to give back and contribute at least a tiny bit! I too thought it sounded interesting. I hope they follow through and the movie lives up to his intentions. I still can’t guess who it’s going to be (sometimes I think the tiny pieces of info are lining up to sound like it WILL be Ikaris. Other times (maybe it's my more cynical side) I think it won't be, that Marvel aren’t there YET, to make the gay hero be their swoon-worthy heartthrob lead character, if you know what I mean? I’d be happy to be proven wrong there, though.) but I agree, it sounds to me like it’s at least going to be a prominent character, which is really good to hear.
    No problem, I'm glad to help.

And honestly I feel very much the same way about this as you do. I'm cynical but I'm mostly just glad they're finally giving us some gay representation and hoping for the best.

BANNED

Love it. Maybe Whitley should write MAC.