View Poll Results: Who is your favourite 616 Marvel LGBT character?

Voters
891. You may not vote on this poll
  • ANOLE [Victor Borkowski]

30 3.37%
  • BLING! [Roxanne ‘Roxy’ Washington]

12 1.35%
  • CULLEN BLOODSTONE

21 2.36%
  • DAKEN AKIHIRO

47 5.27%
  • HULKLING [Theodore ‘Teddy’ Altman]

49 5.50%
  • KARMA [Xi’an Coy Mahn]

49 5.50%
  • KAROLINA DEAN

47 5.27%
  • LOKI LAUFEYSON, God of Mischief

78 8.75%
  • MOONDRAGON [Heather Douglas]

46 5.16%
  • MYSTIQUE [Raven Darkholme]

134 15.04%
  • NORTHSTAR [Jean-Paul Beaubier]

69 7.74%
  • PRODIGY [David Alleyne]

26 2.92%
  • RICTOR [Julio Esteban Ricter]

47 5.27%
  • SHATTERSTAR [Gaveedra-7]

51 5.72%
  • WICCAN [William ‘Billy’ Kaplan], the Demiurge

185 20.76%
Page 353 of 1132 FirstFirst ... 253303343349350351352353354355356357363403453853 ... LastLast
Results 5,281 to 5,295 of 16973
    Extraordinary Member t hedge coke's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post
    If you mean for Vote Loki, it's Chris Hastings writing, not Al Ewing. And sure, it's possible Hastings will include some LGBT stuff. Personally, I wouldn't bet on it. It's political satire, and primarily from the perspective of a journalist reporting on the campaign. So I suspect the "no room to explore it" argument will come into play, in regards to Loki being LGBT. I hope I'm wrong. Maybe Hastings will make use of both Loki's gender fluidity and bisexuality.

I'm just not going to expect it.
    Thanks for that. I got in my head it was Ewing again, somehow.
    Patsy Walker on TV! Patsy Walker in new comics! Patsy Walker in your brain! And Jessica Jones is the new Nancy! (Oh, and read the Comics Cube.)

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    In my experience the type of people who actual care about gay rights in the real world ALSO seek to emulate a more inclusive and openly supportive LGBT stance in their fictional work. We have an EiC who has proven, time and time again, that they don't care about LGBT characters or issues, not in any meaningful way (because they don't even know who their LGBT characters solo stars are: RE: Axel bierasing Herc). Doesn't mean they aren't LGBT supportive, just that they aren't actively interested in their LGBT solo stars (I mean if 4 names really THAT hard to learn? ). I would expect a good EiC to be able to instantly name (if asked) in the history of all their comics: 4 black solo stars, 4 latino solo stars, 4 female solo stars, etc. If they can't, then how can they be in a position to steer their company through an every growing diverse readership?
    How is their knowledge of likely obscure series of the past meant to impact their ability to create new characters and push them? Or appeal to new demographics? Trivia related to history hardly seems relevant to forging a path forward.

Not that they shouldn't have a strong knowledge of their company's publishing history, but it hardly seems a skill relating to what you're talking about which is, of course, change.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    One little hitch in this...

Is their "Weapon X Program" actually Canadian? It seems like the kids were Americans and the base was on Three Mile Island.
    It seems like it was both Canadian and American, or American operating in Canada for discretion. It's ambiguous. The "they're from the same country therefore they know each other" logic is also a bit on the nose, if not backed up by the canon. Not to mention that Wolverine isn't in Apocalypse.

Astonishing Member MasterOfMagnetism's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    One little hitch in this...

Is their "Weapon X Program" actually Canadian? It seems like the kids were Americans and the base was on Three Mile Island.
    I believe in both the comics and movies Weapon X was supposed to be an American black-ops organization operating on Canadian soil, but I specifically remember Wolverine saying "I'm Canadian" in X-Men Origins: Wolverine.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfMagnetism View Post
    I believe in both the comics and movies Weapon X was supposed to be an American black-ops organization operating on Canadian soil, but I specifically remember Wolverine saying "I'm Canadian" in X-Men Origins: Wolverine.
    My geography isn't so good, were they in Canada in the first film? When he was with Rogue at the fighting pits? Or was that Alaska???
    "We are Shakespeare. We are Michelangelo. We are Tchaikovsky. We are Turing. We are Mercury. We are Wilde. We are Lincoln, Lorca, Leonardo da Vinci. We are Alexander the Great. We are Fredrick the Great. We are Rustin. We are Addams. We are Marsha! Marsha Marsha Marsha! We so generous, we DeGeneres. We are Ziggy Stardust hooked to the silver screen. Controversially we are Malcolm X. We are Plato. We are Aristotle. We are RuPaul, god dammit! And yes, we are Woolf."

Amazing Member

[QUOTE=Kieran_Frost;1885437]Ewing isn't writing the new series, he wrote the last one (Loki: Agent of Asgard) that never mentioned Loki was bisexual. [QUOTE=Kieran_Frost;1885437]

Bleeding Cool ran an article a couple months back saying that article didn't want Ewing to reference Loki's bisexuality. That's why Ewing was so open about it during interviews, then never had it appear in the actual comic

That's very disappointing

Astonishing Member MasterOfMagnetism's Avatar

My geography isn't so good, were they in Canada in the first film? When he was with Rogue at the fighting pits? Or was that Alaska???
    I'm pretty sure that was supposed to be Canada, it was filmed in Canada. But there were never very specific, I remember Logan telling Rogue that he was "going back up north." It was until the X-Men origins movie that he explicitly said he was Canadian.

Kinda late reply, but I was catching up on the stuff, so thanks for the links and recommendations. ^^

on Iceman: All-New X-Men was pretty neat. I like the plot, and the art is really pretty. Still can't decide whether 'nosy bitch' as I apply it to Jean would be a term of endearment or not. But Young Bobby and Old Bobby's talk in Uncanny X-Men #600 was really awesome. And the former's moments in Hopeless' run are adorable. I've been liking Extraordinary X-Men too, but mostly for Illyana and Piotr. Dunno what happened to them, but I'm glad they're getting along now. (aaaand maybe also because Farmer!Piotr is so hot <_<)

on Daken: I enjoyed it, especially the last two arcs in Daken: Dark Wolverine. Shame it ended like that, but it was kinda inevitable, I guess. I really wanna know more about his past, he was kinda adorable back then...

on Cullen Bloodstone: HHHHHHNNNNNGGGGGGHHH Everything about him I love to bits. As basebreaking as Avengers Arena and Avengers Undercover were, I will forever love it just for this dude. Seriously. Just... I am crossing my fingers and hoping he shows up in future books.

I was already up to date with Wiccan and Hulkling, and I liked their arc in New Avengers. (Although I kinda miss Tommy.)

Gonna be reading up on either Northstar or Angela next.

^really glad that you're enjoying what you've read so far, on all accounts! I also love Piotr and Illyana, and yes Piotr is hot period

I found Jean's entire arc in Bendis' run to be really well done, he wrote her with a lot of nuance without the need of the Phoenix Force or Cyclops which was nice, and I think she was good to Bobby and only had the best of intentions despite coming off as intrusive (that's what telepaths do )
    Last edited by Wiccan615; 03-27-2016 at 01:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan615 View Post
    ^really glad that you're enjoying what you've read so far, on all accounts! I also love Piotr and Illyana, and yes Piotr is hot period

I found Jean's entire arc in Bendis' run to be really well done, he wrote her with a lot of nuance without the need of the Phoenix Force or Cyclops which was nice, and I think she was good to Bobby and only had the best of intentions despite coming off as intrusive (that's what telepaths do )
    I think that's pretty clear. Is that Bendis, teen Jean and the gay Bobby plot have a lot of haters. And that scene/issue is all of them together.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I think that's pretty clear. Is that Bendis, teen Jean and the gay Bobby plot have a lot of haters. And that scene/issue is all of them together.
    Hahaha yeah, I've definitely dealt with and seen a lot of the criticism and honestly it seems so irrational and blown out of proportion. But it's the Internet and some people tend to overreact to anything that doesn't fit their paradigm :/ I think it's okay to not like something but certain types of "criticism" are not worth listening to.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan615 View Post
    Hahaha yeah, I've definitely dealt with and seen a lot of the criticism and honestly it seems so irrational and blown out of proportion. But it's the Internet and some people tend to overreact to anything that doesn't fit their paradigm :/ I think it's okay to not like something but certain types of "criticism" are not worth listening to.
    The bierasure criticism I always found suspect; because the ones making the largest stink on-line about Bendis "bierasing" Iceman never seem to care one hoot in threads/on sites discussing Axel LITERALLY BI ERASING Herc. And the poll about Jean Grey: Ally or Enemy was illuminating on where the vast majority of "Enemy" voters came from. I always love making polls public, you learn so much/see the truth in the data.
    Last edited by Kieran_Frost; 03-28-2016 at 12:04 AM.
    "We are Shakespeare. We are Michelangelo. We are Tchaikovsky. We are Turing. We are Mercury. We are Wilde. We are Lincoln, Lorca, Leonardo da Vinci. We are Alexander the Great. We are Fredrick the Great. We are Rustin. We are Addams. We are Marsha! Marsha Marsha Marsha! We so generous, we DeGeneres. We are Ziggy Stardust hooked to the silver screen. Controversially we are Malcolm X. We are Plato. We are Aristotle. We are RuPaul, god dammit! And yes, we are Woolf."

The bierasure criticism I always found suspect; because the ones making the largest stink on-line about Bendis "bierasing" Iceman never seem to care one hoot in threads/on sites discussing Axel LITERALLY BI ERASING Herc. And the poll about Jean Grey: Ally or Enemy was illuminating on where the vast majority of "Enemy" voters came from. I always love making polls public, you learn so much/see the truth in the data.
    Hahaha agreed, sometimes the detractors are often a vocal minority :/

As for the ANXM #40 scene, I found the best analysis refuting a lot of the "criticisms" to be this one, it's a great read I recommend checking it out!

http://www.xplainthexmen.com/2015/04...-40/#more-3503

The whole Hercules debacle was a shame but at least it opened the gate for a lot of important discussions regarding bierasure and LGBTQ representation

That Hercules debate was horrendous and still desperately needs fixing