View Poll Results: Who is your favourite 616 Marvel LGBT character?

Voters
891. You may not vote on this poll
  • ANOLE [Victor Borkowski]

30 3.37%
  • BLING! [Roxanne ‘Roxy’ Washington]

12 1.35%
  • CULLEN BLOODSTONE

21 2.36%
  • DAKEN AKIHIRO

47 5.27%
  • HULKLING [Theodore ‘Teddy’ Altman]

49 5.50%
  • KARMA [Xi’an Coy Mahn]

49 5.50%
  • KAROLINA DEAN

47 5.27%
  • LOKI LAUFEYSON, God of Mischief

78 8.75%
  • MOONDRAGON [Heather Douglas]

46 5.16%
  • MYSTIQUE [Raven Darkholme]

134 15.04%
  • NORTHSTAR [Jean-Paul Beaubier]

69 7.74%
  • PRODIGY [David Alleyne]

26 2.92%
  • RICTOR [Julio Esteban Ricter]

47 5.27%
  • SHATTERSTAR [Gaveedra-7]

51 5.72%
  • WICCAN [William ‘Billy’ Kaplan], the Demiurge

185 20.76%
Page 922 of 1132 FirstFirst ... 4228228729129189199209219229239249259269329721022 ... LastLast
Results 13,816 to 13,830 of 16972
    Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    It's weird to ignore the team's lesbian character only to make two straight teammates a couple. Not a fan, especially when it comes to Rahne. She doesn't have the best track record and I doubt the movie will do enough to explore the conflicts of her religion and sexuality.
    Between this and the whitewashing, I don't know if I want to see this movie released. Too many unnecessary and problematic changes.
    Agreed. And with the Marvel/Fox deal set to complete with no release for it in sight, I wouldnt be surprised if it gets left on a shelf
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post
    Agreed. And with the Marvel/Fox deal set to complete with no release for it in sight, I wouldnt be surprised if it gets left on a shelf
    one can only hope

Astonishing Member MasterOfMagnetism's Avatar

Allegedly the New Mutants movie is going to get dumped on Netflix.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfMagnetism View Post
    This movie looks like it will give me lots of regrets!
    Except for Berto the cast looks the part, they should have included Xi'an but Illyanna and Rahne look great!
    The horror vibe could have been a good idea.
    Hope the MCU forgets this movie existed and re-hire part of the cast!

I would be ok with this. Is it suppose to be in the same movie-verse as the other X-films?
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

I heard that it might go to Hulu or Disney+, which makes more sense, considering Disney is about to own FOX and they don't do business with Netflix anymore.

Astonishing Member MasterOfMagnetism's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mogwen View Post
    This movie looks like it will give me lots of regrets!
    Except for Berto the cast looks the part, they should have included Xi'an but Illyanna and Rahne look great!
    The horror vibe could have been a good idea.
    Hope the MCU forgets this movie existed and re-hire part of the cast!
    There was SO MUCH potential for the New Mutants movie, especially with the horror theme. They really did shoot themselves in the foot with all the bad decisions and controversy. Anya Taylor-Joy was perfect casting as Magik though.

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    I would be ok with this. Is it suppose to be in the same movie-verse as the other X-films?
    Yeah, it was supposed to be a part of the rest of the X-Men movie-verse, they were planning on branching out with more stuff like X-Force before the merger.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    I heard that it might go to Hulu or Disney+, which makes more sense, considering Disney is about to own FOX and they don't do business with Netflix anymore.
    That's quite possible. It definitely sounds like it's going to get put on a streaming service. Although a lot of Marvel stuff is still on Netflix, Infinity War was put on Netflix recently so there's still some Marvel stuff going to Netflix at least for now.

"We’re just the stewards, the current stewards, of these characters that he and his co-creators brought together - and all of them were created in that spirit of those ‘Soapboxes' [by Stan Lee]," Feige told the Los Angeles Times prior to Captain Marvel. "That was very much what Stan’s worldview was, and that’s what these movies represent."

“Because that is - how do I put this - it’s the right way to be," Feige continued. "It is the way the world should be. And one of the great things about movies is you get to showcase the world that you want to reflect and the way you want the world to be. And that’s what he did with these characters."

After eleven years self-producing its own films, Captain Marvel is Marvel Studios' first with a solo female lead - and first with a female director. Marvel unsuccessfully attempted to co-finance a She-Hulk film in the 1990s, and Wonder Woman's Patty Jenkins was briefly set to help 2013's Thor: The Dark World but left over creative differences.

Feige revealed that when Captain Marvel's Brie Larson and Black Panther writer/director Ryan Coogler initially met with Marvel, he was surprised they were hesistant about working with the studio.

"The initial meetings that we had with [Larson] were not dissimilar to our initial meetings with Ryan Coogler," he laughed. "Oh, wait a minute. They’re interviewing us. We’re not interviewing them."

"[Larson] had a lot of choices, and I think she had just won the Academy Award, and she knew the power of what this could be,” Feige added.

When asked about why it took a decade before Marvel Studios would produce a film with a leading actor of color, Feige said it was a timing issue and jokes that Coogler was too young to do it before.

"I wouldn’t have had it any other way because the timing does work; I sometimes joke that Ryan Coogler would still be in high school or elementary school if we tried to hire him to do Black Panther early on in the MCU."

In 2008 when the first MCU film Iron Man was produced, the then 22-year-old Coogler was filming a short titled Locks.

Regarding any future films featuring more diverse characters and actors, Feige said that "[Captain Marvel is] only the beginning."
    https://www.newsarama.com/44342-feig...-stan-lee.html

Let's walk that walk, Feige!

That's quite possible. It definitely sounds like it's going to get put on a streaming service. Although a lot of Marvel stuff is still on Netflix, Infinity War was put on Netflix recently so there's still some Marvel stuff going to Netflix at least for now.
    Infinity War was the last one. Captain Marvel forward it will hit only Hulu and Disney+.
    Doesn't make sense feed you competitor with your own material

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    THIS VIDEO IS EVERYTHING, LMAO

I can't believe how she forgot to point out what was, to me, the BIGGEST queer-coding from the movie, though:

spoilers:
    When Monica is showing the pictures of them together to Carol and says ''you never got along with your parents so we became your family''.
    end of spoilers

That hit SO HARD in the feels because it really felt like what SO many LGBTQ people have to go through when they are rejected by their biological family. I'm not sure if Marvel is going there, but goddamn it, they definitely have the opportunity. Captain Marvel was definitely their gayest movie yet.
    Yep.The movie was very gay, they never bothered to talk about ex-boyfriends
    Last edited by spirit2011; 03-19-2019 at 05:03 PM.

Noh-Varr calls Fuse "hot" in this week's West Coast Avengers. Throw away line, but I enjoyed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnito View Post
    Noh-Varr calls Fuse "hot" in this week's West Coast Avengers. Throw away line, but I enjoyed it.
    Fuse could get that backup dick. (No pics but warning for those squeamish, Gillen had some wild ideas for Noh.)

Astonishing Member

From back when the solicits first mentioned that Noh-Varr's presence was going to cause tension in the Kate/Fuse relationship, I wondered if we might see a Noh/Fuse angle to it. Just a feeling I had. After all, we know Marvel Boy has had experience with guys, and for all we know Fuse is bi.

Its such a shame this book is ending soon--its one of my current favourite titles.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    That's a very good catch.
    I'd be all for it honestly. Put your money where your mouth is Feige.

AwwwwGAWD! I neglected to pick up the issue. I gotta make another trip today when I get off work. Hopefully they aren't out.